Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread Page: <<   < prev  45 46 [47] 48 49   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/25/2023 7:29:28 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: MDK

Good pitching.
Terrible hitting.
Popkins must go.

13 k's last night. At some point you have to have hitters that can get a bat on the ball. It's the worst approach I've ever seen at the plate.

Joey Gallo is potentially the least capable hitter I've ever seen.

By the way, Larry Casian is now 3-5 with a 4.41 for the year. Or whatever we are calling him these days.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 6/25/2023 7:39:53 AM >

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 1151
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/25/2023 7:39:20 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

Luis Arraez batting .402 after last night. He's 18-for-30 in his last seven games and the Marlins are nine games above .500. An on-base % of .452.

Yet continue to be 26th out of 30 teams in runs scored.

It's not always about how many runs you score, but when you score them. The Marlins are 10 games above .500 because they have timely hits and some quality at-bats. Not bad for a team 26th in runs-scored. Last night Miami won 4-3. Scored in the bottom of the 10th to tie it. Scored in the bottom of the 11th to win it.

TIMELY HITTING!

Miami strikes out 8.09 times-per-game. 10th best in the league. The Twins strike out 10.24 times-per-game. On pace to be the worst in the history of baseball. Miami is batting .260 as a team. The Twins, .231.

All of you math guys need to quit looking at the numbers. They are lying to you. I'll take 44-34 over 39-39 any day of the week.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 6/25/2023 7:53:31 AM >

Post #: 1152
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/25/2023 8:01:55 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

Luis Arraez batting .402 after last night. He's 18-for-30 in his last seven games and the Marlins are nine games above .500. An on-base % of .452.

It's not always about how many runs you score, but when you score them. The Marlins are 10 games above .500 because they have timely hits and some quality at-bats. Not bad for a team 26th in runs-scored. Last night Miami won 4-3. Scored in the bottom of the 10th to tie it. Scored in the bottom of the 11th to win it.

TIMELY HITTING!

Miami strikes out 8.09 times-per-game. 10th best in the league. The Twins strike out 10.24 times-per-game. On pace to be the worst in the history of baseball. Miami is batting .260 as a team. The Twins, .231.

All of you math guys need to quit looking at the numbers. They are lying to you.

Oh Bullshit. Offense is about scoring as many as possible. I'm sure hitting coaches all over the league are saying...hey guys, don't worry about a lot of runs. Just be sure to score the ones we get the right time.

It's also funny that you throw out a bunch of numbers and then tell us to quit looking at the numbers because they are lying to us.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 1153
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/25/2023 8:04:48 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

TIMELY HITTING!

All of you math guys need to quit looking at the numbers. They are lying to you.

Oh Bullshit. Offense is about scoring as many as possible. I'm sure hitting coaches all over the league are saying...hey guys, don't worry about a lot of runs. Just be sure to score the ones we get the right time.

It's also funny that you throw out a bunch of numbers and then tell us to quit looking at the numbers because they are lying to us.

Again, you math guys are easily fooled by the numbers. Winning and losing is the only thing that matters. Over time, teams have taken a lot of different approaches to winning. Nowadays, you guys want to wrap it up quickly with one or two stats and put a bow on it. Baseball is a far more complex game than that. The new approach to baseball has dumbed it down for the fans....and the math guys.

OPS. Exit velocity. Slugging %. You can have all of that nonsense. Just score when you have to. That involves skill.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 6/25/2023 8:14:43 AM >

Post #: 1154
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/25/2023 2:45:09 PM   
TJSweens

Another solid outing from Ober. The bullpen toss 4 shutout innings and the Twins beat the Tigers in 10.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 1155
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/25/2023 6:21:20 PM   
Mister Ed

This is something
What the heck are the trying to coach?

Postgame:

Royce Lewis:

"I looked at where some of our plans were going and how the pitchers were pitching us, and they weren't attacking us with our plan of getting a mistake. I was like, 'Why don't I just start being aggressive, putting the ball in play?'"

What is that for a hitting plan
wait for a mistake?

What was old is new again
Post #: 1156
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/25/2023 6:22:09 PM   
Mister Ed

Also brutal assessment, but true, postgame

Joey Gallo said he hadn't been happy w/ his performance the past few games. Asked him to elaborate: "Striking out a ****ing lot. It's usually not fun doing that. ... It's never easy or fun doing that. It's one of those where you've got to get through it."

Post #: 1157
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/25/2023 8:24:56 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Ed

This is something
What the heck are the trying to coach?

Postgame:

Royce Lewis:

"I looked at where some of our plans were going and how the pitchers were pitching us, and they weren't attacking us with our plan of getting a mistake. I was like, 'Why don't I just start being aggressive, putting the ball in play?'"

What is that for a hitting plan
wait for a mistake?

Remember when Rowson was the batting coach? The approach was very simple. Be aggressive in the strike zone. If you see a strike...attack. Don't think. Don't lay off and hope for an even better pitch. Attack. The Twins led the league in 2019 at swinging at strikes and in barrels with that simple approach. Sounds like Lewis figured that out on his own.

Post #: 1158
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/25/2023 9:45:52 PM   
Steve Lentz

Manufactured today's win with some aggressive base running, a bunt and a steal.
Some positives today!!! The Twins are currently riding a steak of 26 steals without being thrown out!!

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 1159
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/26/2023 8:49:00 AM   
twinsfan

Out of the lineup for a third consecutive game, Josh Donaldson spun from his locker in the Yankees’ clubhouse, cap backwards and a bat in his hand. He ambled toward manager Aaron Boone’s office, sparking a lengthy conversation that spilled a half-hour longer than expected.

The result: Boone said that he and Donaldson are now “on the same page,” and that Donaldson will be “playing a lot” as the Bombers’ third baseman.

“I know the batting average since he’s come back has not been great, but scratch the surface to the underlying [numbers] and he’s hitting the ball hard,” Boone said. “I feel like there’s a ton in there for him offensively. He’s tremendous defensively at third; I don’t think anyone would argue with that. I just want to get him going, because I know he can be a key figure for us.”

Donaldson said after the Yankees’ 5-3 win over the Rangers that the chat with Boone was “just a lot of ball talk” and not about playing time.

“Obviously, I want to play, but that’s not why we were talking,” Donaldson said. “At the end of the day, I’m happy our team won. However I can help this team win ballgames or contribute in any way possible, that’s what I’m here for.”

Donaldson, 37, is slashing .125/.197/.406 with six homers and eight RBIs in 21 games this season. He is 6-for-48 (.125) since returning from a right hamstring strain on June 2 and has been booed at Yankee Stadium, including after striking out as a pinch-hitter in the 10th inning of Friday night’s 4-2 loss to Texas.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 1160
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/26/2023 9:26:12 AM   
MDK

Donaldson = prima Donna and ex-roider

The reason Trump's ass is so large is because all repub senators and representatives heads are up his ass
Post #: 1161
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/26/2023 9:59:43 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

Maeda and Kepler. Not exactly who I expected to be the keys to victory tonight.

I'm wondering if Kepler played with a corked bat. Saw a replay of his HR and it looked like a harmless flyball off the bat. It did just sneak over the yellow line.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 1162
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/26/2023 10:19:42 AM   
Karl Juhnke

quote:

quote:

Good pitching.
Terrible hitting.
Popkins must go.

13 k's last night. At some point you have to have hitters that can get a bat on the ball. It's the worst approach I've ever seen at the plate.

By the way, Larry Casian is now 3-5 with a 4.41 for the year. Or whatever we are calling him these days.

Quality start and 10 strikeouts. But I guess it's his fault the Twins didn't score runs.
Post #: 1163
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/26/2023 8:19:14 PM   
Mister Ed

Close game

until Rocco's key bullpen guy gives up a 2 run homer. Another awesome Pagan night.

Post #: 1164
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/26/2023 8:27:19 PM  2 votes
MDK

quote:

Close game

until Rocco's key bullpen guy gives up a 2 run homer. Another awesome Pagan night.

Pagan
He's our man to blowthe game.
If he can't do it, no one can.

Pagan is garbage and Rocco is an idiot.

The reason Trump's ass is so large is because all repub senators and representatives heads are up his ass
Post #: 1165
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/26/2023 8:32:51 PM   
MDK

Rocco illustrates Einstein's definition of insanity time and time again with Pagan

Post #: 1166
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/26/2023 9:39:25 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karl Juhnke

quote:

quote:

Good pitching.
Terrible hitting.
Popkins must go.

Quality start and 10 strikeouts. But I guess it's his fault the Twins didn't score runs.

13 k's still leaves a lot of room for "timely hitting", eh?
Post #: 1167
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/27/2023 6:14:58 AM   
Mister Ed

quote:

quote:

Close game

Pagan

I imagine the other dugout when Pagan comes in

Like the Lite Beer softball game commercial when they go to the bullpen

IT'S RODNEY!!! followed by laughter

Post #: 1168
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/27/2023 8:05:39 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

Close game

Pagan

And since Gray got charged with two runs in the 7th, we can expect Rocco to double down on pulling his starters after 5 IP.

Post #: 1169
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/27/2023 8:17:17 AM   
TJSweens

In injury news, Jose DeLeon is going in for his second TJ surgery. Not a surprise for anyone who saw him throw a warm up pitch, grab his elbow and walk off the field on Saturday.

Polanco is beginning a running program for his hamstring pull. The Twins new soft tissue guru is taking the blame for Polanco being hurt in the first place.

Post #: 1170
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/27/2023 8:23:47 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

Good pitching.
Terrible hitting.
Popkins must go.

Ok I will ask once again; Brad how many Marlins games or Twins games have you watched this year?

Brad says stats are baloney but that is all he has as he hasn't even watched a Twins Recap on YouTube or the same for the Marlins (let alone a live game).

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 6/27/2023 8:26:09 AM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 1171
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/27/2023 9:41:40 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Close game

Pagan

And since Gray got charged with two runs in the 7th, we can expect Rocco to double down on pulling his starters after 5 IP.

ONE of those runs scored when Pagan gave up the dinger.

I have to. I must once again ask the question. When will Emilio be Pa-Gone?

One must take the scissors away from the running child if they will not learn their lesson.

Rocco can not be trusted to NOT put Pagan in situations like this. He keeps doing it. I keep thinking of the definition of insanity...

< Message edited by Trekgeekscott -- 6/27/2023 9:42:59 AM >

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open. Frank Zappa
Post #: 1172
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/27/2023 9:45:01 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

Rocco illustrates Einstein's definition of insanity time and time again with Pagan

Post #: 1173
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/27/2023 9:56:51 AM   
Jeff Jesser

I'm not a baseball guy and don't watch the Twins so don't kill me but...

Is the Pagan thing a Rocco deal or Tingler? I live in SoCal and listen to the local sports radio a lot and Padre fans bitched quite a bit about this same situation when Tingler was in charge down here. They laughed when the Twins picked him up. It was a "good riddance" situation.
Post #: 1174
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/27/2023 10:17:53 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

I'm not a baseball guy and don't watch the Twins so don't kill me but...

Is the Pagan thing a Rocco deal or Tingler? I live in SoCal and listen to the local sports radio a lot and Padre fans bitched quite a bit about this same situation when Tingler was in charge down here. They laughed when the Twins picked him up. It was a "good riddance" situation.

It's a Rocco thing. Rocco is the manager. Rocco decides which pitcher to put in and when. NOT the bench coach.

And it will be a "good riddance" situation here when this organization finally learns that Pagan is worthless.

Post #: 1175
Page:   <<   < prev  45 46 [47] 48 49   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread Page: <<   < prev  45 46 [47] 48 49   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode