Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  246 247 [248] 249 250   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/22/2023 8:36:08 AM   
ronhextall

Been a while but wasn't there rumors the Jets offered Cousins more than Minnesota when he was a free agent at Washington? I could be way way off on that vague memory.
Post #: 6176
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/22/2023 9:13:10 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

Been a while but wasn't there rumors the Jets offered Cousins more than Minnesota when he was a free agent at Washington? I could be way way off on that vague memory.

I think you are right. I think we clinched it with the full guarantee.
Post #: 6177
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/22/2023 9:20:22 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Just draft a 1st rd qb and put Cousins in the rearview mirror.

I think so.

If your QB is on his 2nd contract, you basically need to have a 1st ballot HOFer at QB(Brady, Mahomes) or a team(like Stafford's Rams) loaded with young studs(rookie contracts) at all the other key positions. The contracts for QBs are ridiculous and really shorten a team's window to win it all.
Post #: 6178
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/22/2023 10:19:01 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2
He may be the best QB ever.....at getting paid. That's what he's the best at.

100%. Maybe the most mercenary player ever in the NFL regarding contracts. And not just with us. He did the same maximizing value with Washington.

Its funny because its the polar opposite of his public persona.

Not that I disagree with what you say but I have a bit of a different take on it living in DC at the time. Like the franchise or not (terrible owner, generally crap for 20 years ect) they have a very rabid fanbase. Almost as annoying as the Cowboys. I mention it because it was talked about to death.

When he took over for RG3 their GM crapped all over him. It was the weirdest form of disrespect I've ever seen. He did nothing wrong but it was like the GM was crapping on him because the RG3 situation was handled so poorly. Like that was somehow "KC's fault" because he was playing pretty well and made the RG3 pick look so bad.

The media and the fans started calling it out and it just got worse. It got to the point where, every time he was asked about him in public, the GM referred to him as 'Kurt". The first couple times people wondered if he didn't know his real name but it became clear he was doing it on purpose.

When KC's was up for the tag he bet on himself to spite the GM. It worked and he's been doing it ever since. It's one of the things I really respect about him. It's just an opinion but I think if he was treated "normally" he wouldn't be so ruthless now.

How petty for a person in such a high level position. I was going to ask who on earth would hire such a flawed individual to run their franchise and then I pictured Daniel Snyders ugly mug in my head. It takes a puke to hire a puke i suppose.

who was the commissioner then?...should have fined that schmuck....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 6179
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/22/2023 10:45:08 AM   
Jeff Jesser

Goodell. Good luck with that. Look how long it took them to actually take action on Snyder.
Post #: 6180
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/22/2023 11:33:46 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

Goodell. Good luck with that. Look how long it took them to actually take action on Snyder.

Snyder. Another real estate based owner who made out like a bandit when he sold the team. His problem was he was too nice! Unlike the Wilfs, he didn't have a Cousin Lenny running around cracking kneecaps with a baseball bat.

Well, we could have had Reggie Fowler. But I think he is in prison.
Post #: 6181
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/22/2023 2:27:21 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

Snyder. Another real estate based owner who made out like a bandit when he sold the team. His problem was he was too nice! Unlike the Wilfs, he didn't have a Cousin Lenny running around cracking kneecaps with a baseball bat.

Well, we could have had Reggie Fowler. But I think he is in prison.

thing is, kirk has already grossed over $231mm playing football - plus some endorsements and royalties, etc...if he had a mean streak in that christian soul of his, like some of us around here...he could make that guy suffer every week of his life...kirk only needs to call his neighborhood Bed-Bug-Eddie and put things into motion....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 6182
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/22/2023 4:49:26 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

He doesn’t have a mean streak.. what he has is a self centered hypocritical lack of self awareness plank strapped to his back, in place of a spine..

I’d be laid back and livin large, too, if I was getting 2 million dollars a week to “ rehab” around the house playing with my kids and making a few appearances at “ work” to destroy the careers of QBs with more guts and athleticism, by convincing them that “I'm the shit the coach wants.. look at how much they pay me”.. to be a perennial loser…

Toxic POS.

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 6183
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/24/2023 1:43:11 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

I’m a thread killer…

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 6184
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/24/2023 3:32:37 PM   
Todd M

This might be a bit much but fire everyone. Cut or trade everyone. Murder the owners.
Post #: 6185
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/24/2023 3:36:51 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

I’d keep Flores.. put KOC up in a booth as OC..

Get rid of mullet and cousins,

Draft a shit ton of OL, starting with center..

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 6186
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/24/2023 3:47:08 PM   
marty

Getting closer town picking around #10, might not have to trade up for our franchise QB.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 6187
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/24/2023 5:09:28 PM   
Ricky J

Well, that sucked!
Post #: 6188
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/24/2023 5:19:35 PM  3 votes
kevinemmer

Ok
Keep playing Mullens now for best
Draft position.
KOC
You’re an idiot for expecting anything different
than what you got from Mullens today.
D’Oh
Go Pack 🤮 next week
Go Kitties! The last game…

< Message edited by kevinemmer -- 12/24/2023 5:21:06 PM >
Post #: 6189
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/24/2023 6:41:05 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

The players play for incentives and pride.. the coaches “ play not to lose”..save their jobs, make excuses..

The fan, dreams of improbable magic, and winning the Super Bowl in a Cinderella fashion..

OG’s, like me, know this is another in a long line of “FFS, why did I fall in love with this team… .”

The four SB losses will and have forever scarred me..

98 against Atlanta, was one of the most disgusting NFCCG losses..

The idiot Favrey against NO…

Just fall the **** down and take the long Figgy to win..

But no…

Odin says FU, for bringing in a PACKER ICON…

Eat shcit and cry..

Interception!!

Walsh and an extra point length kick…

Duckhook left..

Biggest curse active in professional sports..

If we ever make the Super Bowl again, I expect to die with the score tied in the fourth quarter as the winning kick hooks wide right from the 15 yard line, in a domed stadium, from sheer frustration and a stroke.

No Cap.

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 12/24/2023 6:42:53 PM >

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 6190
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/24/2023 7:29:17 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

The players play for incentives and pride.. the coaches “ play not to lose”..save their jobs, make excuses..

The fan, dreams of improbable magic, and winning the Super Bowl in a Cinderella fashion..

OG’s, like me, know this is another in a long line of “FFS, why did I fall in love with this team… .”

The four SB losses will and have forever scarred me..

98 against Atlanta, was one of the most disgusting NFCCG losses..

The idiot Favrey against NO…

Just fall the **** down and take the long Figgy to win..

But no…

Odin says FU, for bringing in a PACKER ICON…

Eat shcit and cry..

Interception!!

Walsh and an extra point length kick…

Duckhook left..

Biggest curse active in professional sports..

If we ever make the Super Bowl again, I expect to die with the score tied in the fourth quarter as the winning kick hooks wide right from the 15 yard line, in a domed stadium, from sheer frustration and a stroke.

No Cap.

I feel the same way Dan. It's like a sick joke at this point.
Post #: 6191
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/24/2023 7:39:56 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

Was it Todd that said by the time the Vikings win a Super Bowl it'll be like who cares and compared it to being picked last at recess?
Post #: 6192
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/24/2023 9:14:19 PM   
odin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

Was it Todd that said by the time the Vikings win a Super Bowl it'll be like who cares and compared it to being picked last at recess?

That was quite profound. As a kid, I'd also root for the Generals to beat the Globetrotters, for Charlie Brown to get one over on Lucy, and for Wile E. Coyote to wring the Roadrunner's neck, but never saw any of those events occur either.

The first Viiking game I clearly remember watching was a 17-14 playoff loss to John Brodie and the 69ers in 1970. I probably watched SB IV, but can't remember any of it other than highlights that were played later and reading about how badly we were outcoached.

< Message edited by odin -- 12/24/2023 9:20:29 PM >
Post #: 6193
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/24/2023 9:16:52 PM   
odin

DP

< Message edited by odin -- 12/24/2023 9:19:55 PM >
Post #: 6194
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/24/2023 9:27:33 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

I was 12 for SB IV..

We lived in Cedar Rapids Iowa..

I watched every second of that game on the floor in front of the TV in the living room.

Some things are best forgotten, but that is one, I’ll never forget..

Crushed me.. I’d been actively following the Vikes since 1967.

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 6195
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/24/2023 9:43:54 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: odin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

That was quite profound. As a kid, I'd also root for the Generals to beat the Globetrotters, for Charlie Brown to get one over on Lucy, and for Wile E. Coyote to wring the Roadrunner's neck, but never saw any of those events occur either.

The first Viiking game I clearly remember watching was a 17-14 playoff loss to John Brodie and the 69ers in 1970. I probably watched SB IV, but can't remember any of it other than highlights that were played later and reading about how badly we were outcoached.

I started actively following in 87. I remember being mad when they lost to the redskins but thinking oh well after not much time passed. I just knew I'd see them win one soon. Oh to be young and naive!
Post #: 6196
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/24/2023 10:10:30 PM   
odin

DP

< Message edited by odin -- 12/25/2023 9:14:50 AM >
Post #: 6197
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/24/2023 11:14:02 PM   
odin

quote:

ORIGINAL: odin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

I was 12 for SB IV..

We lived in Cedar Rapids Iowa..

I watched every second of that game on the floor in front of the TV in the living room.

Some things are best forgotten, but that is one, I’ll never forget..

Crushed me.. I’d been actively following the Vikes since 1967.

I was nine for SB IV; we lived in EGF, MN. You mentioned something about Kapp being more at fault than most believe. My late father seemed to like him better than Tarkenton, Cuozzo, Snead, Lee, Cappleman, etc. I assumed he was the opposite of Cousins in most leadership and clutch intangibles. I'm interested in your thoughts about Kapp, if you care to discuss.
Post #: 6198
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/25/2023 1:28:38 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

As I watched the game..

And you have to remember.. in 1970..

I might have seen about a dozen games. On tv, since the start of the ‘67 season..
mostly in CR, after we moved there in February of 68..

I read Sunday sports sections and articles and poured over box scores like my life depended on it.

The games I watched, I learned names, .. tinglehoff, yary, Kapp, talk of how Tark got traded..the Original PPE…

Alan Paige was my idol.. people said Joe was a tough guy,a win at any cost player..

But it was my barely 12, wanna be teenager impression that he was intentionally throwing the game with bad throws, sloppy execution of the Almighty Bud (grey up championship) Grant’s game plan.. watching that game, after watching them waltz through the playoffs, was like watching a team that was being paid to lose.

They were heavy favorites.

I spent the second half of that game pleading, begging, raging at the offense to do something..

At the end of the game, I went to my room and sulked for hours, I caught sooo much flack at school.. because I had been so openly biased that Len Dawson and the Chiefs were going to get crushed nay, even shut out, by the best defense in the league.

As I watched the game, I couldn’t believe how inaccurate the throws were…
Nothing was working..

Running, which was Bud Grant’s trademark of offense, was stuffed over and over..

I blamed Kapp for every bad play, every overthrow or off target throw..
I thought he was trying to lose because in my mind, he was selling out to “ Vegas”…

Rumors about the game being thrown were the only explanation I could find for the teams performance that day..

I have gone back and rewatched that game any number of times.. the quality of the old film to video to digital is shitty at best..

I think it may have had more to do with raging tween anger emotions than actual “ thrown” game, but i never got over it..

And being the Last team to win the NFL championship, before the merger, made it fester all the more over the decades…

} Almost { ,,, year after year, decade after decade… and now.. to see people fawning over “ coulda woulda shoulda” and the mediocrity of KFC and the gutless offense of KOC and the inevitable meltdown under the pressure to “ save the win” by the defense ….

I’m worn the **** out…

I want something like 98.. when we had the best team in the league, but then, when it mattered, Green put his balls in his clutch purse and pranced into overtime with a beat up defense that had just let Atlanta march down the field after “ the miss” .. to tie the game.

I knew then, that my fandom was cursed.. and I will, like many we all have known and lost, probably go to our graves with that bitter, bitter taste of “ALMOST”….

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 12/25/2023 1:31:15 AM >

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 6199
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/25/2023 7:20:31 AM   
BisonFan

All I want for Christmas is to give Hall a chance as Mullens is ruining my appetite. Happy Holidays to everyone!
Post #: 6200
Page:   <<   < prev  246 247 [248] 249 250   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  246 247 [248] 249 250   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode