Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  244 245 [246] 247 248   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/19/2023 6:28:43 PM   
Todd M

I know you hope that’s not the case, David but are you saying you don’t think there’s much chance Kwesi and Kevin aren’t seeing it or wanting it?
Post #: 6126
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/19/2023 6:53:05 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

KOC has a Blind spot for KFC…

KOC loves KFC because he does what KO C tells him to do, without any moxy or self awareness of situational needs.

KOC wants a robot QB who follows his whims.

KAM hasn’t brought in one single QB that has shown any ability to usurp KFC, Hall?

Who knows?

He is not a KOC type QB, so KOC has him running the scout team, in practice and , more than likely, never gives him reps, even in practice, with his anointed starting offensive lineup.

I have no proof of any of this, but a coach who constantly says..”I see him in practice every day and he is not eligible to be active, for ant reason, tells me that Hall will probably be cut, next off season and a real effort will be made by KOC to convince the GM and ownership that re- upping KOC for some cap sucking amount of multiple years is the god forsaken road, I will be dragged kicking and screaming into the 2024 season and beyond.

Sigh..

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 12/19/2023 6:56:16 PM >

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 6127
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/19/2023 7:16:18 PM   
marty

Moving up in the 1st round from about 20 to 10 (which is about where Mahomes was picked), seems the most logical to me, if they think they have their guy at 10, in what is supposed to be a good year for drafting a QB.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 6128
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/19/2023 7:20:19 PM   
marty

Since KOC was hired, I've developed play clock angst syndrome. If they are not set at the LOS by 10 seconds to go I get nervous. It's so bad that when the play clock is inside 3-5 seconds even for other teams I start freaking.

I think this also gives the opponent an advantage. The opponent doesn't have time to jump offsides, you aren't generally getting them to jump offsides, and because they know you're getting close to running out of time, they will either get a good jump on the snap, or will let you get a delay of game penalty.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 6129
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/19/2023 10:31:14 PM   
beo

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

For sure. We'd likely have to trade into the Top 10 (or higher).

If the Vikes lose out they could be picking around 10.
Post #: 6130
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/20/2023 7:12:14 AM   
Todd M

I just pooled the last $1000 to my name and bet that Lewis Cine would be SBMVP. The payout is huge. Wish me luck.
Post #: 6131
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/20/2023 7:18:02 AM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

quote:

Picking 10th or one and done on the playoffs…hmmm. Not like if we did make the playoffs there would be that be that delicious anticipation of what if come Wild Card weekend.

Mullens, who I can’t believe actually got kudos for his performance if you can believe it will drive us to a better pick.
Post #: 6132
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/20/2023 7:25:30 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

quote:

Picking 10th or one and done on the playoffs…hmmm. Not like if we did make the playoffs there would be that be that delicious anticipation of what if come Wild Card weekend.

Mullens, who I can’t believe actually got kudos for his performance if you can believe it will drive us to a better pick.

i'm going to find it incredibly painful to watch mullens again - I really want him gone from the team asap....

i'd prefer that mullens stub his toe and go on ir for the rest of the season...play dobbs or hall....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 6133
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/20/2023 9:46:04 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

Our standard as a franchise is so low right now.

The chances of doing anything in the playoffs, last year or this year, with or without Cousins Mullens etc, is only slightly more than third grade potato sack racers.

Some fans are still pining for Cousins for godsakes. His fans are the people that prefer the satsfaction of participation ribbons rather than the pain and risk thats required to go for something better. He delivers just enough to lay around under a big shady tree and scratch our big bellies - content with wild card possibility.

Our team sucks right now and the only way to unsuck is to get very very lucky with a QB in the draft. AND make the backup QB position valuable. NOT cower behind the freak chance of Cousins being able to pierce through his very very average cieling for one wild card game victory.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 12/20/2023 9:47:28 AM >
Post #: 6134
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/20/2023 10:09:43 AM   
marty

I think it's very possible that Detroit pulls their starters in the last regular season game, if letting the Vikings win, lets the Vikings into the playoffs, and if it also means Detroit gets Minnesota the 1st week of the playoffs.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 6135
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/20/2023 10:11:57 AM   
Bill Johanesen

This past offseason I think the regime tried to extend Cousins for one year to serve as a bridge for the shiny new draftee. Not only did Cousins balk at that, now the situation has changed - as mentioned - to where the achilles makes him a very, very questionable bridge.

If accurate, neither side is even going to want to come to the table. And a compromise two-year contract is no man's land, lose-lose proposition.
Post #: 6136
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/20/2023 10:17:09 AM   
Bill Johanesen

His fans are the people that prefer the satsfaction of participation ribbons rather than the pain and risk thats required to go for something better.

Well said. At the very least, one would think six years of participation trophies are enough.
Post #: 6137
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/20/2023 10:24:11 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

His fans are the people that prefer the satsfaction of participation ribbons rather than the pain and risk thats required to go for something better.

Well said. At the very least, one would think six years of participation trophies are enough.

hE gIvEs Us ThE bEsT cHaNcE tO wIn!!!!!

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 6138
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/20/2023 10:24:33 AM   
Bill Johanesen

content with wild card possibility

Going into week SIXTEEN, only 4 teams have clinched a playoff berth and only 6 teams have been eliminated from playoff contention.

Mediocrity and the NFL $trategy is alive and well! Suckers, err, fans of most of the other 22 teams are still hoping...
Post #: 6139
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/20/2023 10:29:32 AM   
Todd M

I bet if there was a poll of all Vikings fans 75-80% would say they like/are fans of Cousins and want to see him back.
Post #: 6140
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/20/2023 10:56:13 AM   
David Levine

quote:

I bet if there was a poll of all Vikings fans 75-80% would say they like/are fans of Cousins and want to see him back.

Of course.

And like Pete said, that's all the Wilfs need. Its enough to sell out games and keep the revenues rolling in.

They're New Jersey criminals and life-long Giants fans. The Vikings are a business, not a passion.
Post #: 6141
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/20/2023 10:56:56 AM   
Bill Johanesen

If we go 8-9 (assumes a win in a meaningless week 18 game w/ Det), that probably gets us into the non-playoff category (picks 1-20) of the draft order. Right now that would be pick #15.

If Det is still fighting for a playoff seed, we could end up 7-10. The resultant .411 winning percentage would right now slot us at pick #10.

https://www.tankathon.com/nfl
Post #: 6142
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/20/2023 11:04:29 AM   
David F.

quote:

If we go 8-9 (assumes a win in a meaningless week 18 game w/ Det), that probably gets us into the non-playoff category (picks 1-20) of the draft order. Right now that would be pick #15.

If Det is still fighting for a playoff seed, we could end up 7-10. The resultant .411 winning percentage would right now slot us at pick #10.

#10 would do the job. If your guy falls to 10 all you have to do is pick him. If you need to move up 1-4 spots it can be done by trading 2025 picks.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 6143
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/20/2023 11:19:45 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

#10 would do the job. If your guy falls to 10 all you have to do is pick him. If you need to move up 1-4 spots it can be done by trading 2025 picks.

KAM will trade down for more picks. The higher the pick we have the more likely for it to happen...and to a team like the Packers or Lions.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open. Frank Zappa
Post #: 6144
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/20/2023 11:34:23 AM   
beo

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

I think it's very possible that Detroit pulls their starters in the last regular season game, if letting the Vikings win, lets the Vikings into the playoffs, and if it also means Detroit gets Minnesota the 1st week of the playoffs.

Detroit will likely still be playing for seeding at the end of the season.
Post #: 6145
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/20/2023 11:40:19 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

KAM will trade down for more picks. The higher the pick we have the more likely for it to happen...and to a team like the Packers or Lions.

I don't think they'll do it in 2024 with the urgency at QB we'll (hopefully) have. I'm naively going to belive they'll have QBOTF as their #1 priority.

Post #: 6146
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/20/2023 12:56:15 PM   
beo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I don't think they'll do it in 2024 with the urgency at QB we'll (hopefully) have. I'm naively going to belive they'll have QBOTF as their #1 priority.

I agree, I think both KAM/KOC need to get a QBOTF to establish themselves.

That being said... to me... sadly....

I think they sign Kirk to a "modest" deal for a year or two and also draft a qb high.

Same old story of "wait til next year" for the fans.
Post #: 6147
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/20/2023 1:04:38 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

It's also very possible that they are still in the #1 seed fight. If they are locked in to a seed then maybe.
Post #: 6148
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/20/2023 1:08:43 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I agree, I think both KAM/KOC need to get a QBOTF to establish themselves.

That being said... to me... sadly....

I think they sign Kirk to a "modest" deal for a year or two and also draft a qb high.

Same old story of "wait til next year" for the fans.

25M? 30?
Post #: 6149
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/20/2023 1:15:39 PM   
Jeff Jesser

25M? 30?

2 years at 25 and use the first pick on the best available QB. I'd be perfectly happy with that although I get the angst from some about bringing him back at anything.
Post #: 6150
Page:   <<   < prev  244 245 [246] 247 248   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  244 245 [246] 247 248   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode