Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Twins off-season

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Twins off-season Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Twins off-season - 10/31/2023 10:56:50 AM   
twinsfan

Dick Bremer retired.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 26
RE: Twins off-season - 10/31/2023 11:03:50 AM   
TJSweens

Hard to believe Dick called Twins games almost as long as Herb.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 27
RE: Twins off-season - 10/31/2023 1:24:34 PM   
Lynn G.

I've definitely enjoyed Bremer's call of games. He's got the perfect voice for broadcasting, and he's not an idiot. Perhaps Cory Provos will move over from the radio mike?

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 28
RE: Twins off-season - 10/31/2023 2:41:34 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

I've definitely enjoyed Bremer's call of games. He's got the perfect voice for broadcasting, and he's not an idiot. Perhaps Cory Provos will move over from the radio mike?

mic

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 29
RE: Twins off-season - 10/31/2023 2:44:38 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

I suppose TV pays better, but I'd hate to see Provus leave radio for TV. I suspect Bremer gave them all a heads-up awhile ago and that's why they brought Lexi Schweinert in to learn the ropes for Atteberry's pre-game and post-game duties this season.

If Provus takes Bremer's job, I'm sure Atteberry will get the lead radio job. I hope they tell him to cut back on the flowery descriptions. You can tell he was a literature major.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 30
RE: Twins off-season - 10/31/2023 5:22:02 PM   
Mister Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

quote:

I suppose TV pays better, but I'd hate to see Provus leave radio for TV. I suspect Bremer gave them all a heads-up awhile ago and that's why they brought Lexi Schweinert in to learn the ropes for Atteberry's pre-game and post-game duties this season.

If Provus takes Bremer's job, I'm sure Atteberry will get the lead radio job. I hope they tell him to cut back on the flowery descriptions. You can tell he was a literature major.

If Attebury takes over as radio PBP i will not listen. Period.

What was old is new again
Post #: 31
RE: Twins off-season - 10/31/2023 8:50:58 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Ed

quote:

quote:

The game is more important than the messenger.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 32
RE: Twins off-season - 10/31/2023 8:56:56 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The game is more important than the messenger.

He can always wait until the 1950s when another medium will overtake radio…
Post #: 33
RE: Twins off-season - 10/31/2023 10:13:41 PM   
Lynn G.

quote:

quote:

mic

Grammarist.com/spelling/mic-Mike/

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 34
RE: Twins off-season - 11/2/2023 10:58:24 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

He's got so many long drawn out stories that he forgets the game is going on.

The over the top forced cleverness gets old pretty fast.
Post #: 35
RE: Twins off-season - 11/2/2023 4:52:41 PM   
Phil Riewer

DanHayesMLB
@DanHayesMLB
·
32m
Source: As expected, #MNTwins exercise club options for Jorge Polanco ($10.5m) and Max Kepler ($10m).

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 36
RE: Twins off-season - 11/2/2023 5:14:13 PM   
Mister Ed

quote:

he over the top forced cleverness gets old pretty fast.

THIS

What was old is new again
Post #: 37
RE: Twins off-season - 11/3/2023 7:38:06 AM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

DanHayesMLB
@DanHayesMLB
·
32m
Source: As expected, #MNTwins exercise club options for Jorge Polanco ($10.5m) and Max Kepler ($10m).

That's an easy call. Now we'll see if they make the smart call and flip at least one of them to address a weakness. We're filthy with MI's and corner outfielders.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 38
RE: Twins off-season - 11/6/2023 9:16:06 AM   
twinsfan

Somehow Correa didn't win the SS Gold Glove. Lost to a Yankee...shocking.

Berrios finally wins his first Gold Glove. It should be about his 5th. Hopefully this will be the first in a long line of Gold Gloves for Berrios.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 39
RE: Twins off-season - 11/7/2023 4:49:10 PM   
Phil Riewer

Matt being lonely over here...

Ted
@tlschwerz
·
2h
Former #MNTwins starter Sonny Gray is projected to get 4/$90M per
@mlbtraderumors
with the #Braves, #Dodgers, and #Tigers as predicted landing spot.

I’d be way out if I’m Minnesota on that. Wouldn’t do more than two years with a third option.

Post #: 40
RE: Twins off-season - 11/8/2023 7:24:59 AM   
bstinger

Tigers?

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 41
RE: Twins off-season - 11/8/2023 7:47:20 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

Tigers?

They have money apparently and now we will be cutting salary. Going to be easy actually with no Gallo, Sonny, Farmer and most likely Polanco gone.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 11/8/2023 7:48:42 AM >

Post #: 42
RE: Twins off-season - 11/8/2023 8:25:18 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

Tigers?

They have money apparently and now we will be cutting salary. Going to be easy actually with no Gallo, Sonny, Farmer and most likely Polanco gone.

I wouldn't consider Polanco most likely gone. He's a good player, a switch-hitter and willing to accept a multi-position role. Rocco loves versatility like that. Polanco is also widely liked and respected by teammates.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 43
RE: Twins off-season - 11/8/2023 10:04:34 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens
quote:

quote:

Tigers?

I wouldn't consider Polanco most likely gone. He's a good player, a switch-hitter and willing to accept a multi-position role. Rocco loves versatility like that. Polanco is also widely liked and respected by teammates.

There is speculation from Doogie that Seattle has hinted as having interest in Polanco (2B issues last year). Seems like it is similar to last year....Polanco is a 3b, 2b, DH....spots we have some rookies close to ready (Martin, Lee, Severino, etc.) and of course Julien and a healthy Miranda.

Post #: 44
RE: Twins off-season - 11/8/2023 11:00:14 AM   
MDK

Twins will reduce 2024 payroll..
https://www.si.com/fannation/bringmethesports/twins/twins-confirm-payroll-reduction-is-coming-in-2024#:~:text=According%20to%20Cots%20Baseball%20Contracts,makes%20them%20logical%20trade%20candidates.

MAGA needs to change to MAWA= Make America White Again

Tom Smothers RIP: Easter "is when Jesus comes out of his tomb and if he sees his shadow, he goes back in and we get six more weeks of winter."
Post #: 45
RE: Twins off-season - 11/8/2023 11:03:53 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: MDK

https://www.si.com/fannation/bringmethesports/twins/twins-confirm-payroll-reduction-is-coming-in-2024#:~:text=According%20to%20Cots%20Baseball%20Contracts,makes%20them%20logical%20trade%20candidates.

I'd like to see Dobnak up next season so we can get a roster space filled with that $2.25 million.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 46
RE: Twins off-season - 11/8/2023 11:47:02 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

I'd like to see Dobnak up next season so we can get a roster space filled with that $2.25 million.

It's a waste of money either way.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 47
RE: Twins off-season - 11/8/2023 1:40:39 PM  1 votes
TJSweens

quote:

Dear Pohlad's,

F*ck you! You cheap miserable bastards.

"We've pushed our payroll to heights that we had never pushed it before" Your lofty, unprecidented payroll was 17th out of 30 teams. The 3rd richest ownership group in baseball can't sustain a payroll at the upper end of the lower half of the league? Kiss my ass you penny pinching assholes!

Post #: 48
RE: Twins off-season - 11/8/2023 2:07:39 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

Dear Pohlad's,

"We've pushed our payroll to heights that we had never pushed it before" Your lofty, unprecidented payroll was 17th out of 30 teams. The 3rd richest ownership group in baseball can't sustain a payroll at the upper end of the lower half of the league? Kiss my ass you penny pinching assholes!

We need some national writer to say this. Will they? Nah. We aren't East or West Coast.
Post #: 49
RE: Twins off-season - 11/8/2023 4:10:56 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

Dear Pohlad's,

I think it is more of $$$ spent on Gallo, Taylor, Gray which will go to younger guys....I would rather have Wallner than Gallo and rumor is we are trading Polanco for a pitcher.

Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Twins off-season Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode