Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: ReggieDunlop
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/2/2024 7:33:11 AM   
Chris Olson

In somewhat Viking related news, anyone see that former WR, Blake Proehl, made it into the American Idol top 24?

Seems like a nice boy...good luck to him
Post #: 376
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/2/2024 8:45:53 AM   
marty

yet ridicule others bc they believe in God

People make fun of others for all sorts of things, but I think non-believers have less of a problem with believer's belief in a God, and more of a problem with the aggression and sometimes problems people have caused due to their belief in God, or belief that God is on their side.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 377
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/2/2024 12:34:12 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris Olson

In somewhat Viking related news, anyone see that former WR, Blake Proehl, made it into the American Idol top 24?

Seems like a nice boy...good luck to him

I wish him the best.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 378
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/2/2024 2:01:33 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

quote:

I am going to be like Keanu Reaves on this one:

"I’m at that stage in my life where I keep myself out of unnecessary arguments, so, even if you tell me 1+1=5, you’re absolutely correct, enjoy." ― Keanu Reeves

Oh yea?
Like you know who paid the mortgage of a NYFD fighter who died recently..
That’s your idea of Keeping out of arguments?
Posting lies?
Typical.

They can't keep the echo chamber in the thread....ever.

You can’t keep a lie out of your mouth or posted to this board , no matter what thread you happen to shit in..

You define ignorance and a troll..

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 379
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/3/2024 11:39:57 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I am going to be like Keanu Reaves on this one:

"I’m at that stage in my life where I keep myself out of unnecessary arguments, so, even if you tell me 1+1=5, you’re absolutely correct, enjoy." ― Keanu Reeves

Oh yea?
Like you know who paid the mortgage of a NYFD fighter who died recently..
That’s your idea of Keeping out of arguments?
Posting lies?
Typical.

They can't keep the echo chamber in the thread....ever.

You can’t keep a lie out of your mouth or posted to this board , no matter what thread you happen to shit in..

You define ignorance and a troll..

Echos and drivel again and again of posters who think politically different than you....

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 380
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/3/2024 12:22:18 PM   
bongbong

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Get up to 4 right now and let the chips fall where the may.

Maybe we get up to 2 from there maybe we get the 4th guy. As long as we’re assured one of Daniels, Maye, or McCarthy I don’t care.

I don't know Broscioutto, moving up to 4 seems kind of pointless, assuming Caleb and Daniels are gone. Maye has Mitch Bortles written all over him. (Good place to mention I don't know what I'm talking about, which still doesn't rule me out as NFL scouting material). I'd take the Do Nothing approach and pick Penix or JJM at 11.
Post #: 381
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/3/2024 12:29:20 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: bongbong

quote:

Maybe we get up to 2 from there maybe we get the 4th guy. As long as we’re assured one of Daniels, Maye, or McCarthy I don’t care.

I don't know Broscioutto, moving up to 4 seems kind of pointless, assuming Caleb and Daniels are gone. Maye has Mitch Bortles written all over him. (Good place to mention I don't know what I'm talking about, which still doesn't rule me out as NFL scouting material). I'd take the Do Nothing approach and pick Penix or JJM at 11.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 382
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/3/2024 12:38:13 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

LOL.
Post #: 383
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/3/2024 3:23:10 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 384
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/3/2024 6:59:47 PM   
kgdabom

Joe Kapp dead at 85. In the urban dictionary next to the word Bada$$ is a picture of Joe Kapp

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 4/3/2024 7:07:17 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 385
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/4/2024 6:10:27 AM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

What if I think it’s lights out when you die AND think if you’re born with a penis it’s not ok to compete against females?

I would say that in America about 30-40% agree with you on 1st point.

The second one I would say about 99.999% of Americans agree. That .001 has some powerful allies though.

I think you’re off on the 2nd one. Maybe low 90’s.

As for the 1st…hard to buy that. I looked at every QB in the draft using their name and ‘religious’’. Every one came back with a blurb about them having strong ties to their church/religion. No one really on Cousins level but every single one. Where’s the atheist QB? Players for that matter? If it’s 40% it would trickle in more than a little bit….and it doesn’t..like at all.
Post #: 386
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/4/2024 6:44:27 AM   
Todd M

And they don’t even have to be outspoken on it. I’ll take one guy where I couldn’t easily identify that he was in fact not only religious but fairly devout.
Post #: 387
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/4/2024 2:44:36 PM   
Mark C. Johnson

There seem to be 2024 reasons why that isn't true.
Post #: 388
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/4/2024 2:57:50 PM   
kgdabom

I posted Joe Kapp dying a couple days ago as I read somewhere he had just died. I must have looked at it wrong. He died May 8th 23 so I apologize. Still nice to remember him.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 389
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/4/2024 6:05:47 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

Would you have done the trade to get us #23?
Post #: 390
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/4/2024 10:17:56 PM   
bongbong

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

As a Do Nothing advocate deeply uncommitted to inaction, I'd stay put at 11, take Penix and call it a day.

But since those responsible acquired #23, sure makes you think they're gonna move up, right? To what position, t though, since those two picks only get you to #5 or so. Is the Kwester playing 4D chess to get JJM before the likes of the Broncos? Kind of a head scratcher
Post #: 391
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/5/2024 4:33:34 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

quote:

the #23 trade-up could be part of a pre-arranged future double trade-up or three-way trade, i.e., vikes to #5 and then to #3 or #4, with both arizona/new england and chargers getting picks, which include #5, #11, #23, and next year's 1st round pick....

there is no doubt in my mind that whatever we do, it will include next year's 1st rounder....

< Message edited by ratoppenheimer -- 4/5/2024 4:35:00 AM >

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 392
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/5/2024 9:33:37 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

quote:

the #23 trade-up could be part of a pre-arranged future double trade-up or three-way trade, i.e., vikes to #5 and then to #3 or #4, with both arizona/new england and chargers getting picks, which include #5, #11, #23, and next year's 1st round pick....

there is no doubt in my mind that whatever we do, it will include next year's 1st rounder....

I sure hope you're wrong. 11 and 23 should be plenty to trade up to 4 with us probably getting another pick in the deal.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 393
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/5/2024 11:20:46 AM   
marty

I know it doesn't work that way, but the Trey Lance trade, should either make teams hesitant to give up so many picks, or make a top team more accepting of less for something like the #3 pick in the draft.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 394
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/5/2024 11:33:54 AM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

I know it doesn't work that way, but the Trey Lance trade, should either make teams hesitant to give up so many picks, or make a top team more accepting of less for something like the #3 pick in the draft.

So should every successful trade up increase the cost of doing so?

The Chiefs moved from 27 to 10 to draft Mahomes. So similar trade-ups should probably cost at least three 1st round picks. Maybe more.

You can't have it both ways.
Post #: 395
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/5/2024 2:16:03 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

So should every successful trade up increase the cost of doing so?

The Chiefs moved from 27 to 10 to draft Mahomes. So similar trade-ups should probably cost at least three 1st round picks. Maybe more.

You can't have it both ways.

If they're picks 30-31-32 maybe. 11 and 23 should not only get us to 4, but net us a 3rd or 4th round pick in return.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 396
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/5/2024 3:12:42 PM   
Todd M

You seem to have this notion that teams that are in the drivers seat for picks are bringing the draft trade value chart to negotiations. It’s going to be value plus not fair value.
Post #: 397
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/5/2024 8:20:41 PM   
lyle chabot

I read on a Vikes site that they offered 3 first round picks and 2 second round picks to move up for Richardson last year. Not sure if it is true but if it is I think they will sell the whole farm to get to #2 to pick Their guy.
Post #: 398
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/5/2024 8:32:36 PM   
lyle chabot

If they have a QB that they covet, I hope they don't give up next years 1st round pick. I know QB is the most important position, however, we have already traded our second round picks this year and next year. If we have no first round pick next year we are going to be leaving a lot of talent on the board that we could use on Defense or O line.
Post #: 399
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/5/2024 9:02:51 PM   
Todd M

Fair points, Lyle.

When you look at it in retrospect most of the last number of guys were not/wouldn’t have been worth trading up for. We’ll see in a year or 2 if Richardson would have been.

2 or 3 of the top 5 guys this year might shake out to not have been worth selling the farm for.
Post #: 400
Page:   <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode