Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: David F.
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  57 58 [59] 60 61   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/17/2024 9:42:50 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

Corral sounds like an enigma.

Lisfranc his rookie year with CAR. Made the 53 the following season but immediately released. Claimed by Pats, disappeared for a couple days soon after without saying anything, a lá Underwood. Released then added to practice squad but he never signed. Signed with UFL in Feb. and now us.

"He just left the team, let's just make sure he's OK. I don't know if it's mental health. I just know he kind of flaked out," the source told FOX.

Just hours after it was reported that they were signing second-year quarterback Bailey Zappe to the 53-man roster, the Pats confirmed that Corral, who they claimed off waivers from the Carolina Panthers on Aug. 31, has been placed on the Exempt/Left Squad list.

The Left Squad list! Which might come in handy:

The Exempt/Left Squad list allows the team to open up a roster spot without formally releasing him. In turn, Corral is unable to sign with another team until the designation has been lifted. He can, however, return to the Patriots at any time.

So if he's not needed for an upcoming game, he could just wander off while still being on the team and presto, a roster spot opens up!
Post #: 1451
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/17/2024 10:27:43 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

Lisfranc his rookie year with CAR. Made the 53 the following season but immediately released. Claimed by Pats, disappeared for a couple days soon after without saying anything, a lá Underwood. Released then added to practice squad but he never signed. Signed with UFL in Feb. and now us.

"He just left the team, let's just make sure he's OK. I don't know if it's mental health. I just know he kind of flaked out," the source told FOX.

Just hours after it was reported that they were signing second-year quarterback Bailey Zappe to the 53-man roster, the Pats confirmed that Corral, who they claimed off waivers from the Carolina Panthers on Aug. 31, has been placed on the Exempt/Left Squad list.

The Exempt/Left Squad list allows the team to open up a roster spot without formally releasing him. In turn, Corral is unable to sign with another team until the designation has been lifted. He can, however, return to the Patriots at any time.

So if he's not needed for an upcoming game, he could just wander off while still being on the team and presto, a roster spot opens up!

Darnold, Corrall, Mullen, Dobbs ….

Really trying hard to make something out of nothing.
Post #: 1452
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/17/2024 10:52:47 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

Darnold, Corrall, Mullen, Dobbs ….

Really trying hard to make something out of nothing.

Serious question: what would of been a better plan?

Seems to me, we, as well as KOC, have been dealt a pretty shitty hand the last 13 months or so.
Post #: 1453
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/17/2024 11:20:55 AM   
Jeff Jesser

I don't know about that Ricky. One could make a pretty compelling case that they brought this on themselves.

They extended KC's
They drafted Hall
They brought in Mullens
They brought in Dobbs

They didn't inherit any of this QB mess unless you want to say KC's but they could have gone a different route right off the bat. To me, the only shitty hand they've been dealt is the JJM injury.
Post #: 1454
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/17/2024 12:15:15 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

I don't know about that Ricky. One could make a pretty compelling case that they brought this on themselves.

They extended KC's
They drafted Hall
They brought in Mullens
They brought in Dobbs

They didn't inherit any of this QB mess unless you want to say KC's but they could have gone a different route right off the bat. To me, the only shitty hand they've been dealt is the JJM injury.

This.

At the least, draft a Rattler or Milton or something similar late in the draft this year to compete for a PS spot this year (with Corral).

Mullen is here because of familiarity, not anything else.

There have been a lot of journeyman QBs the last year or two to audition over the offseason / training to push Mullen.

I think Darnold was a good risk, I'm excited to see if the change is going to do him good. Putting all our eggs in the Darnold basket however (since our structured draft prospect plan is rigid regardless of his performance and timeline) was not a good decisiion. IMO
Post #: 1455
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/17/2024 12:49:33 PM   
Ricky J

Good stuff, Jeff.

Shitty deal to me is we will never know how well last year would of turned out - both sides of the bias will probably always be miles apart on this one; and I for one am glad that's over.

Maybe not so shitty in you can find a good percentage of people that will say JJs injury will not not necessarily have an impact on his overall results.

And I agree, not related to this topic per se, but we do get screwed on a year of experience as it relates to money it's going to cost in the end
Post #: 1456
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/17/2024 12:53:59 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

They extended KC's
They drafted Hall
They brought in Mullens
They brought in Dobbs

Exactly! They were not dealt any part of that shitty hand. They are 100% responsible for every QB they have as well as the tail end of KCs stay. Instead of being dealt a hand, it's like they rifled through the deck and intentionally picked the four worst (remaining) cards.
Post #: 1457
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/17/2024 12:55:42 PM   
Ricky J

Regarding journeyman QBs I think they're all a crapshoot related to how will KOC turns out to be as a coach. Id be in favor of trying something other than Mullens for sure, though
Post #: 1458
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/17/2024 1:08:21 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Darnold - Scrap heap type.
Dobbs - Man that was a fun couple of games!
Mullens - Really he's not even journeyman level, best known for throwing an interception while on his ass... to the defender tackling him!
Hall - Basically they threw a dart at the draft board.
Corral - Never played a game but wandered off the reservation, got entirely off the grid, only to resurface after pulling a George Plimpton stunt with some USFL team.
Post #: 1459
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/17/2024 2:39:16 PM   
Brad H

quote:

Darnold - Scrap heap type.
Dobbs - Man that was a fun couple of games!
Mullens - Really he's not even journeyman level, best known for throwing an interception while on his ass... to the defender tackling him!
Hall - Basically they threw a dart at the draft board.
Corral - Never played a game but wandered off the reservation, got entirely off the grid, only to resurface after pulling a George Plimpton stunt with some USFL team.

McCarthy - never run a two-minute offense

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 1460
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/17/2024 3:03:40 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Made a preseason GD thread…

Not invested much in this game now…

Just hope no one else gets hurt.
Post #: 1461
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/17/2024 3:09:37 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

quote:

They extended KC's
They drafted Hall
They brought in Mullens
They brought in Dobbs

This.

At the least, draft a Rattler or Milton or something similar late in the draft this year to compete for a PS spot this year (with Corral).

There have been a lot of journeyman QBs the last year or two to audition over the offseason / training to push Mullen.

I think Darnold was a good risk, I'm excited to see if the change is going to do him good. Putting all our eggs in the Darnold basket however (since our structured draft prospect plan is rigid regardless of his performance and timeline) was not a good decisiion. IMO

Hell no to extend KFC..

The rest of it is pissing into the wind..

Giving up draft picks for Tight ends is just stupid..

We are going to HAVE to trade our first rounder for what ever haul of lesser picks we can get..

Not a good forward thinking plan, imo.
Post #: 1462
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/17/2024 5:05:51 PM   
Ricky J

Im more than ok with Cousins being gone. Especially ok after he couldnt even think about putting the team ahead of his contract.

But to me, and I really don't care how anyone else feels, last year was a shitty deal for me.

Another year down the tubes - and it all started with the achilles injury. Before that we had a shot to good things - not much after that ...
Post #: 1463
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/17/2024 7:30:50 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

quote:

quote:

They extended KC's
They drafted Hall
They brought in Mullens
They brought in Dobbs

This.

Hell no to extend KFC..

We are going to HAVE to trade our first rounder for what ever haul of lesser picks we can get..

You quoted my post but I dont see anything related to it. Unless you’re saying talking about the backup options is just pissing in the wind.
Post #: 1464
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/18/2024 6:03:03 AM   
ratoppenheimer

i can't help but to consider 2025 when assessing this year's vikings' roster....

my takeaway from preseason so far is that we have to keep Cine, McGovern, richter, Trish Jackson, rouse, and Jurgens - after last night i'm thinking that cine can start this season - it would be nice to get two seasons out of him and then there's the 5th year option that we'd have to decide on - I know we were all ready to cut him 24 hours ago, but wtf!!, the dude balled out last night...10 tackles, 1 interception, 1 sack....

cine and mcglothern are both 6'-2" - flores likes db's with length, and cine has remarkable speed, too....

and very possibly keep jeshaun jones, gabriel murphy, others....

possible trade candidates: cam bynum - we'll probably lose him next year anyway, pat jones, andre carter, others....

i could see flores moving brian asamoah to strong safety/metellus's spot - he has good speed and size for that, and it might be his best position - i'm not saying he'll replace metellus, but he could be next man up....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 1465
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/18/2024 8:39:45 AM   
ratoppenheimer

Adam Schefter tweeted on Sunday morning: “ESPN sources: Five-time Pro-Bowl CB Stephon Gilmore has reached an agreement in principle on a one-year deal worth up to $10 million, including $7 million guaranteed with the Minnesota

Post #: 1466
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/18/2024 8:49:21 AM   
marty

Vikings to sign QB Tom Brady:

https://share.newsbreak.com/89ko9oc4

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1467
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/18/2024 9:14:04 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

No reputable source yet

Post #: 1468
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/18/2024 9:23:00 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

They extended KC's
They drafted Hall
They brought in Mullens
They brought in Dobbs

This.

Hell no to extend KFC..

You quoted my post but I dont see anything related to it. Unless you’re saying talking about the backup options is just pissing in the wind.

Sorry Tom,

I guess my reply was more directed .. in my knee jerk/ irl jerk way at the “option” to resign KFC..

After watching mullet and hall play yesterday, and seeing how inept Corall played his one series…against Cleveland dregs..

I guess we are what we are at QB.. but in 2025.. the draft is gonna suck..

If we need to fill a hole due to injury or some other thing, like Addison going to jail or the morgue….

We are going to pay a premium in future draft picks to get players..

I don’t like that box we are in..
Post #: 1469
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/18/2024 9:35:30 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

i can't help but to consider 2025 when assessing this year's vikings' roster....

my takeaway from preseason so far is that we have to keep Cine, McGovern, richter, Trish Jackson, rouse, and Jurgens - after last night i'm thinking that cine can start this season - it would be nice to get two seasons out of him and then there's the 5th year option that we'd have to decide on - I know we were all ready to cut him 24 hours ago, but wtf!!, the dude balled out last night...10 tackles, 1 interception, 1 sack....

cine and mcglothern are both 6'-2" - flores likes db's with length, and cine has remarkable speed, too....

and very possibly keep jeshaun jones, gabriel murphy, others....

possible trade candidates: cam bynum - we'll probably lose him next year anyway, pat jones, andre carter, others....

i could see flores moving brian asamoah to strong safety/metellus's spot - he has good speed and size for that, and it might be his best position - i'm not saying he'll replace metellus, but he could be next man up....

Normally I'd be like eh those guys are scrapping for the bottom of the roster/PS. The 'whatever' crowd. However, why not do everything possible to determine if these guys have some level of baseline ability. If they do then take a leap, replace at least some of the incumbents with them, then coach 'em up (nod to Beap Chastard McCombs)!

Definitely agree on looking to 2025 (and beyond) but the regime's track record suggests they will do whatever they can for wins today at the expense of the future. But as they are evaluated, this year would seem to indicate the grade is INC due to McCarthy's injury (in that they can't get any barometer on how he plays).
Post #: 1470
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/18/2024 9:40:04 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

They extended KC's
They drafted Hall
They brought in Mullens
They brought in Dobbs

This.

Hell no to extend KFC..

Sorry Tom,

I guess my reply was more directed .. in my knee jerk/ irl jerk way at the “option” to resign KFC..

After watching mullet and hall play yesterday, and seeing how inept Corall played his one series…against Cleveland dregs..

If we need to fill a hole due to injury or some other thing, like Addison going to jail or the morgue….

Yeah the common thought is McCarthy's play will determine Kwesi's future because of the importance of the QB position, but based on draft capital expended Dallas Turner's play is the barometer.
Post #: 1471
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/18/2024 9:59:27 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

Adam Schefter tweeted on Sunday morning: “ESPN sources: Five-time Pro-Bowl CB Stephon Gilmore has reached an agreement in principle on a one-year deal worth up to $10 million, including $7 million guaranteed with the Minnesota

Good news for those of us who wanted us to sign Gilmore. IMO $10M is a lot for him. An all in deal for this season. We could have carried the cap over to next year. I don't know how that works exactly.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1472
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/18/2024 10:08:22 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

They extended KC's
They drafted Hall
They brought in Mullens
They brought in Dobbs

This.

Hell no to extend KFC..

Sorry Tom,

No worries.

But you missed your chance to say, ‘stop your whining Tom and gives these guys one more chance to something … just one more chance!’

I didnt watch the game but it sounds like both QBs showed up, for what its worth preseason.

Cine showing is even more out of the blue.

When it comes to the vikings, I’m never right about anything. They annhilate ever expectation.
Post #: 1473
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/18/2024 11:05:45 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ha ha
Post #: 1474
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/18/2024 11:06:56 AM   
David Levine

quote:

Didn't read the article, huh?

quote:

THIS IS A PREDICTION, but we break down why it could make sense.
Post #: 1475
Page:   <<   < prev  57 58 [59] 60 61   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  57 58 [59] 60 61   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode