Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: David F.
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  58 59 [60] 61 62   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/18/2024 12:35:01 PM   
marty

I read the article on the Vikings signing Tom Brady. I thought it was entertaining, yet found it funny, and thought others might as well.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1476
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/18/2024 1:12:29 PM   
Todd M

Improper use of “yet”.
Post #: 1477
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/18/2024 1:54:56 PM   
Ricky J

Personally, I would of been more assertive and went with would instead of might.
Post #: 1478
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/18/2024 3:30:29 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Man, Justin Fields is just flat out awful. As maligned as Mullens is around here (myself included).....at least you have a chance if he has to play.

Side Note: Wow some of these homer announcers and the things they say to try and make it "interesting". Color guy for Pittsburg just said "that's the most athletic play you see Justin make. Gets pressure, avoids the rush and throws an incredible ball to Fitzpatrick". He threw it right to a CB who had the ball go right through his hands and the tip drill falls to Fitzpatrick
Post #: 1479
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/18/2024 3:51:40 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

Personally, I would of been more assertive and went with would instead of might.

Gone with would instead of might

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 1480
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/18/2024 6:33:42 PM   
kgdabom

Matt Coller says the Vikings went way above any other offer Gilmore got.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UperemzFTbE

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1481
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/18/2024 7:05:27 PM   
marty

I read the article on the Vikings signing Tom Brady. I thought it was entertaining, yet found it funny, and thought others would as well.

Todd, I think you're wrong about my use of yet.

I googled 'yet', and it fit the way I used it:

conjunction
but at the same time; but nevertheless.
"the path was dark, yet I slowly found my way

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1482
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/18/2024 7:07:43 PM   
marty

I thought it was entertaining, but at the same time, but nevertheless found it funny.

It's easier and better to say 'yet', instead of all of that.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1483
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/18/2024 7:32:26 PM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

I thought it was entertaining, but at the same time, but nevertheless found it funny.

It's easier and better to say 'yet', instead of all of that.

Maybe. You over used the word but this time though.
Post #: 1484
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/18/2024 8:06:31 PM   
Todd M

I read the article on the Vikings signing Tom Brady. I found it to be entertaining and funny. I thought others might as well.
Post #: 1485
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/18/2024 8:11:04 PM   
Todd M

Never mind me. This is bored me getting into his 4th week in the hospital.
Post #: 1486
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/18/2024 9:06:58 PM  1 votes
marty

I thought using 'yet' there had a little more flair
I hope you recover well in the hospital, and I can back off a little bit on the flair, until you're out of the hospital 😉

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1487
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/18/2024 9:10:36 PM   
marty

Happy Gilmore ☺️

Happy with the Gilmore signing. The only negative I see is that it will likely make the defense better, and increase the chances Flores gets a HC position next off-season, in what I consider a wasted season (wasted until we get a mature McCarthy playing QB).

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1488
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2024 9:30:19 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

Looks like we only have a 1st and 2 5ths next season. Not a great time to bottom out if that happens.

No doubt. In a quasi rebuild with very little draft capital is a bit backwards imo. Not sure if that's on Kwesi or the Wilf's whom seem to put unneeded pressure on the regime to be a playoff contender every year. Kwesi still hasn't fully cleaned up the mess Spielman left with him.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1489
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2024 9:45:11 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Gilmore and Shaq Griffin with a combined $12-15 million salary. Not good enough to move the needle, not bad enough to be a complete waste of money. It's the equivalent of being in limbo going about .500 every year.

Murphy's cap hit is $11, so it's say $24 million for the top three CBs. Cheap. And you usually get what you pay for.
Post #: 1490
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2024 9:55:01 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

Gilmore and Shaq Griffin with a combined $12-15 million salary. Not good enough to move the needle, not bad enough to be a complete waste of money. It's the equivalent of being in limbo going about .500 every year.

Murphy's cap hit is $11, so it's say $24 million for the top three CBs. Cheap. And you usually get what you pay for.

Seems like they want to develop some CBs under Shaq and Gillmore---similar to Terrance Newman except Newman kept out performing the rest and lasted to almost 40.

Health is going to dictate a ton on defense but there is more depth on defense then there has been in years.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 1491
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2024 10:36:41 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

Seems like they want to develop some CBs under Shaq and Gillmore---similar to Terrance Newman except Newman kept out performing the rest and lasted to almost 40.

Health is going to dictate a ton on defense but there is more depth on defense then there has been in years.

What indicators show they 'seem' to be developing anyone when they have literally signed several vets?

Please don't say by playing in preseason games. You know, because they intentionally hold out starters so by default others end up playing.
Post #: 1492
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2024 10:42:32 AM   
Bill Johanesen

The Buccaneers reached an agreement with outside linebacker Randy Gregory to release him, with coach Todd Bowles saying Sunday that he was never given a reason as to why Gregory didn't show up for training camp.

"I'll never find out, but I wish him the best and we'll move on from there," Bowles said. "Can't miss what you never had."

The Bucs placed Gregory on the reserve/did not report list July 23.

Another Jack Reacher type. Another list. Sign this guy.
Post #: 1493
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2024 10:42:32 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

trade bynum and murphy - save $8mm off the present cap...and be a better team for it...start cine at fs and go gilmore, griffin, moreau....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 1494
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2024 10:47:47 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

trade bynum and murphy - save $8mm off the present cap...and be a better team for it...start cine at fs and go gilmore, griffin, moreau....

Whoa there. Yes Cine had a good game 'flying around' with vanilla pudding players and execution on offense.

I would not anoint him Lazarus back from the dead yet.
Post #: 1495
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2024 10:49:15 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

Those trades mean incoming salary so the savings is, for simplicity, nil.

I'm all for a high draft pick, but starting Cine might be just too much of a signal that the Vikings are in tank mode!
Post #: 1496
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2024 10:52:38 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

Given the LACK of depth on our defense, I assume you mean that as an insult to our depth in recent years.

Not as in, we have some depth.

Outside of edge (assuming Van Ginkel makes it back), where are we deep?

Safety? Maybe if you include LB-S hybrid Metellus ... not sure I want him in coverage on the backend.
Post #: 1497
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2024 11:03:23 AM   
Tom Sykes

We have a lot more experience in our cb room, yes.

I have to see what these guys have left in the tank.

We seem to have gone the one year short term fix-it route over building depth.

Which is understandable given our draft situation.
Post #: 1498
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2024 11:13:07 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

Whoa there. Yes Cine had a good game 'flying around' with vanilla pudding players and execution on offense.

I would not anoint him Lazarus back from the dead yet.

IMO the only way to get value (present and future) out of cine is to play him into a starter....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 1499
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2024 11:15:07 AM   
Tom Sykes

I like adding / drafting new blood to replace struggling or very average-cielinged players.

But as far as I can tell … on paper … Hunter/Greenard, Wonnum/van Ginkel, Hicks/Cashman cancel eachother out.

Turner and Gilmore will upgrade two positions.

I dont know anything about Moreau … and I forgot about Shelley … so yes there seems to be a lot more depth at cb than lately.
Post #: 1500
Page:   <<   < prev  58 59 [60] 61 62   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  58 59 [60] 61 62   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode