Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: Chris Olson
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  60 61 [62] 63 64   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2024 3:07:37 PM   
Todd M

They’re giving him a chance to show so then can muster up something up in a trade.

I give no consideration for the injury bc he was doing the millennial douche shuffle weeks after with no brace or anything.
Post #: 1526
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2024 3:33:26 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

one has to believe that lewis cine has been through a lot over the past two years....

physically...psychologically...emotionally...spiritually...considering his injury, I can't imagine breaking bones as he did and then running on that ankle the way he does....

also, consider the embarrassment and humiliation he's gone through being considered a complete failure after those lofty highs he's had...his family, friends, teammates past and present, the media....

nobody from the team has spoken about him, or at least I haven't heard it...everyone and their mother has already written him off as a bust....

that game against the browns was like a lewis cine highlight reel from his days in Georgia...sure, they were 2nd/3rd stringers, but one could make an argument that the browns team and its players represented the best team that cine has ever played against, and his college team won the national title - and he won the MVP of that game....

i believe that flores left cine out there for the entire game because he knew that that's what lewis cine needed - to play himself out of the funk he's been in....

for himself and for all here, i hope that cine has found the player that he once was, and could be again...

Great feel good story.

Meanwhile, Cine has a contract with $11.5 million fully guaranteed. Halfway into that contract his stats on defense (I couldn't believe it so checked a couple of sites) are:
- 1 assisted tackle.

That's it.
Post #: 1527
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2024 4:08:48 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

one has to believe that lewis cine has been through a lot over the past two years....

physically...psychologically...emotionally...spiritually...considering his injury, I can't imagine breaking bones as he did and then running on that ankle the way he does....

also, consider the embarrassment and humiliation he's gone through being considered a complete failure after those lofty highs he's had...his family, friends, teammates past and present, the media....

nobody from the team has spoken about him, or at least I haven't heard it...everyone and their mother has already written him off as a bust....

that game against the browns was like a lewis cine highlight reel from his days in Georgia...sure, they were 2nd/3rd stringers, but one could make an argument that the browns team and its players represented the best team that cine has ever played against, and his college team won the national title - and he won the MVP of that game....

i believe that flores left cine out there for the entire game because he knew that that's what lewis cine needed - to play himself out of the funk he's been in....

for himself and for all here, i hope that cine has found the player that he once was, and could be again...

Great feel good story.

Meanwhile, Cine has a contract with $11.5 million fully guaranteed. Halfway into that contract his stats on defense (I couldn't believe it so checked a couple of sites) are:
- 1 assisted tackle.

That's it.

so, the question is, what do we do going forward?....

i proposed trading bynum for draft capital and playing more lewis cine...what about you?....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 1528
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2024 4:09:34 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1529
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2024 4:14:03 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

Great feel good story.

- 1 assisted tackle.

That's it.

i proposed trading bynum for draft capital and playing more lewis cine...what about you?....

I'm not trading away the guy who led our team in tackles and was 2nd in PDs because another guy finally had a good preseason game.
Post #: 1530
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2024 4:24:01 PM   
ratoppenheimer

this is today's video of o'connell - talks a bit about lewis cine at the 5min mark....

https://www.vikings.com/video/o-connell-on-signing-gilmore-and-his-potential-impact-takeaways-from-the-win-in-cleveland-more

Post #: 1531
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2024 4:24:36 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

Great feel good story.

- 1 assisted tackle.

That's it.

I'm not trading away the guy who led our team in tackles and was 2nd in PDs because another guy finally had a good preseason game.

for sure, play it safe....

Post #: 1532
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2024 4:36:44 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

Great feel good story.

- 1 assisted tackle.

That's it.

for sure, play it safe....

I'm playing it smart.

You don't trade away a good player because a guy finally flashed something in a single preseason game. Especially a guy who had a poor camp with even more minor injury issues. And your other safety is 100 years old.

I don't think its a given he even makes the team. And I think its more likely he's traded than Bynum.
Post #: 1533
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2024 4:43:57 PM   
Bill Jandro

Cine shining is a welcome turn of events for the Vikings. Whether they keep him or are able to move him for much needed draft capital.

But "striking fear" into anyone is a bit over the top.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1534
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2024 4:53:13 PM   
beo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

Did you watch the game? BEO?

Cine looked like he had his head together and in the game..

Yea yea.. “ it’s only preseason.. “

Those guys out there are playing , scratching and clawing for a future in the NFL..

I hope Cine makes the 53.. as whatever.. because sure as shit if we PS him, he will get sniped …

Not one person talks about any DL, but Dallas Turner..

Fail.

I did... and I think he had a good game.

But I guess I'm not sold on a single good game in preseason without starters stacked up against the rest.

I think people fall into putting too much weight on the stat line.
His sack he absolutely made the play... but he was unblocked.
His int he absolutely caught... but it was a bit of a gimme.

Him playing the whole game tells me the coaching staff is hoping to showcase his athleticism into a trade.
Post #: 1535
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2024 4:59:05 PM   
ratoppenheimer

none of us know what the vikes are thinking, or even wtf happened out there Saturday...3 days ago i figured; no way cine makes the final 53...but then he turns in a full-game highlight reel - out of nowhere....

in the o'connell video a couple of journalists ask him; where did that come from?...how come we've never seen that?...somehow the whole thing is starting to seem like it really was somewhat psychological....

just weird...okay, enough....

Post #: 1536
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2024 8:13:34 PM   
beo

quote:

none of us know what the vikes are thinking, or even wtf happened out there Saturday...3 days ago i figured; no way cine makes the final 53...but then he turns in a full-game highlight reel - out of nowhere....

in the o'connell video a couple of journalists ask him; where did that come from?...how come we've never seen that?...somehow the whole thing is starting to seem like it really was somewhat psychological....

"none of us know what the vikes are thinking"
Absolutely true... just me guessing
Post #: 1537
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2024 8:33:24 PM   
Todd M

I’m not a believer.

Simplistic schemes in a meaningless game.

He doesn’t suddenly have “it”
Post #: 1538
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2024 9:51:43 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

Yet you are convinced they are not going to try to resign Bynum next year.
Post #: 1539
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2024 9:56:51 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

Yet you are convinced they are not going to try to resign Bynum next year.

See, now that's the correct use of yet.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 1540
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2024 9:58:27 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

Great feel good story.

- 1 assisted tackle.

That's it.

Bynum is 26 and one of the better players on defense. He's not great, who knows what he will command as an FA if it comes to that, and realistically it is a tremendous leap of faith to expect Cine to pan out.

Right now the battle is between Jackson, Ward, McCain, and Cine for perhaps two roster spots. That has to first play out.
Post #: 1541
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2024 11:56:46 PM   
marty

Yet

adverb
up until the present or a specified or implied time; by now or then.
"I haven't told anyone else yet"
Similar: so far thus far as yet still even now up till now up to now
until now up to the present time

2. still; even (used to emphasize increase or repetition).
"snow, snow, and yet more snow"
Similar:
even still further in addition additionally besides into the bargain
to boot

conjunction

but at the same time; but nevertheless.
"the path was dark, yet I slowly found my way"

I used 'yet' correctly, it's just that using it as an adverb is easier for some people to understand.

< Message edited by marty -- 8/19/2024 11:59:34 PM >

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1542
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/20/2024 4:17:06 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Great feel good story.

- 1 assisted tackle.

That's it.

Bynum is 26 and one of the better players on defense. He's not great, who knows what he will command as an FA if it comes to that, and realistically it is a tremendous leap of faith to expect Cine to pan out.

Right now the battle is between Jackson, Ward, McCain, and Cine for perhaps two roster spots. That has to first play out.

for whatever reason, the team doesn't seem to want to pay another safety after overpaying for harrison over the last three years, and now they're paying metallus a bet, too...from what I've heard, kwesi has had zero conversations with bynum's people....

i'm thinking they keep cine and jackson on the 53....

we have cine, metallus, ward, and smith under contract for 2025...jackson is an rfa...I've always been a big harrison smilth fan, but he's probably overstayed his financial welcome with the team....

Post #: 1543
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/20/2024 6:45:24 AM   
Todd M

How many yets could a yeti Yeti yet if a yeti Yeti could yet yets.
Post #: 1544
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/20/2024 7:07:46 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Great feel good story.

- 1 assisted tackle.

That's it.

for whatever reason, the team doesn't seem to want to pay another safety after overpaying for harrison over the last three years, and now they're paying metallus a bet, too...from what I've heard, kwesi has had zero conversations with bynum's people....

we have cine, metallus, ward, and smith under contract for 2025...jackson is an rfa...I've always been a big harrison smilth fan, but he's probably overstayed his financial welcome with the team....

Yes.. yes he has..

if he wants to stay a Viking.. make him a member of the coaching staff..

Get him off the 53, move his cap hit into now..

Move the team forward with younger, faster players.. like, oh,.. IDK… Cine?

Post #: 1545
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/20/2024 8:55:45 AM   
Tom Sykes

Cine-hoopla is blowing Sloter-talk out of the water.

Yet it remains to be seen if he will be on the team after cutdowns.

I haven’t heard much about him in training camp reports the last two offseasons. Correct me if I’m wrong …

Again, there are young guys given a chance because they play their asses off in practice and on special teams … and there are players handed roles because of their draft position. It flies in the face of the competition-based criteria that all coaches talk up but abuse when their egos are on the line.

Cine at this point smacks of saving face.

Play well against the PHI ones/twos … then it may be worth some debate.
Post #: 1546
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/20/2024 9:10:48 AM   
Ricky J

Right
Let's let that one go and get back to discussing grammar
;)
Post #: 1547
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/20/2024 9:34:01 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Great feel good story.

- 1 assisted tackle.

That's it.

That's a speculative leap but we all have opinions. I can see them wanting to keep Bynum more than not wanting him, and believe this will be Smith's last year.
Post #: 1548
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/20/2024 9:36:34 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

Cine-hoopla is blowing Sloter-talk out of the water.

Yet it remains to be seen if he will be on the team after cutdowns.

I haven’t heard much about him in training camp reports the last two offseasons. Correct me if I’m wrong …

Again, there are young guys given a chance because they play their asses off in practice and on special teams … and there are players handed roles because of their draft position. It flies in the face of the competition-based criteria that all coaches talk up but abuse when their egos are on the line.

Cine at this point smacks of saving face.

Play well against the PHI ones/twos … then it may be worth some debate.

As I said, every year some magical safety gets a few people excited. Then said safety is released, never to be mentioned again except in 'lol, remember x' posts years later.

Doubt Philly plays their ones, and the twos may play just a little while.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 8/20/2024 9:40:33 AM >
Post #: 1549
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/20/2024 9:51:36 AM   
Trekgeekscott

All I can say about Cine:

When given an opportunity to play he balled out. 10 tackles, a sack and an INT is a great day for any safety, no matter the competition. Sure he's buried on the depth chart for the time being.

The other thing is that every "expert" analyzing the game said he looked different than the last two years. More like they guy they expected when they drafted him.

My prediction is they retain him on the roster.

Right now it is a Low risk maneuver, because 1. there is nobody cheaper out there to replace him. 2. There is not a better option for 4th safety on the roster and 3 a little bit of ego here on KAM's part as it was his first draft pick.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open. Frank Zappa
Post #: 1550
Page:   <<   < prev  60 61 [62] 63 64   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  60 61 [62] 63 64   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode