Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: Richard Neussendorfer
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  73 74 [75] 76 77   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/31/2024 7:27:24 PM   
stfrank

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Practice Squad.

i think he's mad about the difference in pay....

LOL. He can be mad all he wants. He has not other options at this point. He could get a real job I suppose.

There are plenty of other players that would be happy to collect $225,000 a season to be on the practice squad. Get over it.....
Post #: 1851
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/1/2024 7:39:23 AM   
Bill Jandro

Hall has the option to join another teams PS if they're interested.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1852
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/1/2024 11:26:50 AM   
Ricky J

QBs do go down in this league. I wonder how far down the list he is to getting back on a roster?
Post #: 1853
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/1/2024 11:46:07 AM   
Jeff Jesser

JMO but he was lucky JJM got injured. My guess if he doesn't, Hall gets flat out cut. Frank is right, he should be thankful he's got a chance at such a cushy gig. I get it, he's a competitor and doesn't like it but count your blessings dude.

If he chooses somewhere else. Good luck man, wish you the best, but it's a 'meh' move for me. He showed growth but he will never be better than a #3 in the NFL to me.
Post #: 1854
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/1/2024 4:29:23 PM   
ratoppenheimer

i think that hall's people will make the correct decision and keep him with o'connell...down the road, he could be jj's #2 for 5+ seasons at $2-4mm/yr....

we'll hear about it by tuesday....

dalvin cook is on the cowboy's practice squad at $383k....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 1855
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/2/2024 10:25:18 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

i think that hall's people will make the correct decision and keep him with o'connell...down the road, he could be jj's #2 for 5+ seasons at $2-4mm/yr....

Gzuz. Worst case scenario. Ever.

Who cares what Hall’s ‘people’ want?

Why do we always have to settle for a non-competitive, non-threatening, coach’s hand-picked lapdog for a backup QB? What is this addiction to flavorless QB pudding?

I thought JJ+Darnold was the start of a new non-viking approach, a top heavy QB room with real competition.

Mullenses Rypiens Hallses are not getting us anywhere.
Post #: 1856
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/2/2024 10:33:08 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

You're saying Hall will resurface as the #2 QB, with a nice contract nonetheless, with the same coach who literally waived him a few days ago in favor of a journeyman QB for the #3 QB spot?

Hall's people will be ecstatic if he can land on a PS anywhere.
Post #: 1857
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/2/2024 10:51:32 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

Gzuz. Worst case scenario. Ever.

Who cares what Hall’s ‘people’ want?

Why do we always have to settle for a non-competitive, non-threatening, coach’s hand-picked lapdog for a backup QB? What is this addiction to flavorless QB pudding?

I thought JJ+Darnold was the start of a new non-viking approach, a top heavy QB room with real competition.

Mullenses Rypiens Hallses are not getting us anywhere.

Hall made so much progress from one training camp to the next that he was replaced by a guy with a total of 5 TD and 9 int who has been waiveded by 5 teams. I doubt the Vikings are interested in adding him to the practice squad.

< Message edited by TJSweens -- 9/2/2024 10:53:22 AM >

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 1858
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/2/2024 4:08:30 PM   
ratoppenheimer

hall signed onto seattle's practice squad....

there might have been something going on that we're not privy to....

< Message edited by ratoppenheimer -- 9/2/2024 4:13:57 PM >

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 1859
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/2/2024 4:24:59 PM   
David Levine

Dude probably wanted a fresh start as the coaches and front office were terrified that he could be needed to play.
Post #: 1860
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/2/2024 5:58:34 PM   
Todd M

A mid round try that’ll never be the guy.

We’ll miss him and talk about him as much as we do John David Booty.
Post #: 1861
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/2/2024 6:20:53 PM   
kwheats

Kevin Seifert
@SeifertESPN
The good news: Vikings WR Jordan Addison (ankle) was practicing today during the portion open to reporters.

The bad news: WR Jalen Nailor (unknown) was working on a side field.
Post #: 1862
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/3/2024 7:32:45 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

You're saying Hall will resurface as the #2 QB, with a nice contract nonetheless, with the same coach who literally waived him a few days ago in favor of a journeyman QB for the #3 QB spot?

Hall's people will be ecstatic if he can land on a PS anywhere.

Not sure Hall is good enough to be a back up in the UFL

Post #: 1863
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/3/2024 9:34:09 AM   
Ricky J

How good does a backup have to be?

Not looking to be snarky here ;) Some backups become famous, some youd never know if you didn't follow the game closely.

Hall looked good last game, but as i noted before it looked like all his targets were wide open (on the highlights anyway)
Post #: 1864
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/3/2024 10:10:09 AM   
BisonFan

Excited for the season to begin, but have to admit my expectations are low. It will be great to see how all of the new defensive players do for Flores. Of course the key cog in the season will be the play of Darnold. Really liked him when he was at USC but his success there has not translated in to wins in the NFL. Maybe with the coaching and better players he will do well, but I am not holding my breath.

Looking at the schedule I see maybe 7 wins for our team with the possibility of being less than 5. Hate to admit it but when I my low expectations I won't be disappointed on a regular basis. I hope the team proves me wrong.

SKOL!
Post #: 1865
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/3/2024 11:01:59 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

Not looking to be snarky here ;) Some backups become famous, some youd never know if you didn't follow the game closely.

Hall looked good last game, but as i noted before it looked like all his targets were wide open (on the highlights anyway)

I think a good backup QB is important. It seems to prep the defense better and the non starting WR (4-6) seem more prepared also.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 1866
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/3/2024 12:41:26 PM  3 votes
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

The snarky insinuation that you don't have to be very good ... disqualifies you from our next GM opening.

Wait ... on our team ... talent < staying in your backup lane ... so you may still be in play, since not being good as a backup QB is non-disqualifying.

In 2022, the first order of backup QB business was to resign Sean Mannion (who had already been signed and resigned) to pair with leftover Mond. In 2023, we drafted Hall to replace Mond and traded for Mullens to replace Mannion (who ended up on our PS). 2024 has us going up to final cutdowns to eject Hall for Rypien.

So ... Mannion (signed 2019 / resigned 2021 / resigned 2022 / PS 2023) Mullens (traded for 2022, extended 2023) Mond (leftover) Hall (drafted) Dobbs (traded for) Rypien (signed) ...

How good does a backup have to be, you ask?

Not very good.

And not only not very good, but just as critical, we seem to double and triple down on not very good.

And maybe even worse, we ride our bad backup QBs all offseason and don't change them out until we are deep into the process – long after the new bad backups have any chance of integrating into our system and performing all the way up to their low ceiling.
Post #: 1867
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/3/2024 12:45:52 PM   
Todd M

Well it’s been quite the off season but here we are at the beginning of a new regular season.

We can and will imagine all sorts of outcomes but what it will be will unfold as it does.

My hopes are for a hot start that we build off of. I want Darnold and Jets to just kill it. I want wins that aren’t particularly close.

Feeling positive. Feeling grateful.
Post #: 1868
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/3/2024 2:50:56 PM   
Bill Jandro

I'm way more worried about the offense than the defense this year. Which is kind of an indictment on O'Connell. Last season the offense looked lethargic coming out of the gate and ball security was a major problem. This team is not good enough to win if they're constantly laying the football on the carpet.

O'Connell has to call a more balanced offense and not abandon the run. He also needs to design a screen pass that actually gains yardage.

Post #: 1869
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/3/2024 3:28:39 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

I'm way more worried about the offense than the defense this year. Which is kind of an indictment on O'Connell. Last season the offense looked lethargic coming out of the gate and ball security was a major problem. This team is not good enough to win if they're constantly laying the football on the carpet.

O'Connell has to call a more balanced offense and not abandon the run. He also needs to design a screen pass that actually gains yardage.

Early last year the D did the team no favors:

Game 1: Baker Mayfield laughing on the sidelines enroute to a resurrection.
Game 2: Philly all but literally smashmouthing the ball down hapless D's throats on the way to 259 yards rushing.
Game 3: The pass D says hold my mic while allowing San Diego 445 yards passing.
Game 4: Rejoice, as we mauled Carolina 21-13.
Post #: 1870
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/3/2024 3:38:09 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Not worried about any facet of the team. By Christmas the expectation is to have visions of sugarplums in the way of a high pick culminating in taking a shutdown corner.

Maybe that DB (but I think he was a safety) who one-handed the ball with sort of a 360 (at least 270) near horizontal twirl. Or go 3-Deep II by taking that USC WR who kind of replicated JJ's incredible catch vs Buffalo.

Starting to wonder if the NFL isn't on the verge of a new age of uber athletic WRs. If so, you best get the best CBs.
Post #: 1871
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/3/2024 3:57:06 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

Not worried about any facet of the team. By Christmas the expectation is to have visions of sugarplums in the way of a high pick culminating in taking a shutdown corner.

Maybe that DB (but I think he was a safety) who one-handed the ball with sort of a 360 (at least 270) near horizontal twirl. Or go 3-Deep II by taking that USC WR who kind of replicated JJ's incredible catch vs Buffalo.

Starting to wonder if the NFL isn't on the verge of a new age of uber athletic WRs. If so, you best get the best CBs.

CB vs WR might be influenced by the timing of Addison’s next escapade.

Although I’m sure a big fat ‘How am I driving / call …’ bumper sticker (the only rolls royce to have one) may help.
Post #: 1872
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/3/2024 5:03:12 PM   
Todd M

I’ve got one on my Ro Ro. That’s what people that own a Rolls Royce call them.

The # to call is 1 800 Eat Shit.
Post #: 1873
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/3/2024 5:16:42 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

Although I’m sure a big fat ‘How am I driving / call …’ bumper sticker (the only rolls royce to have one) may help.

WR was a throw in, but yes who knows what Addison will conjure up.

Figure 100% they go CB or DT, depending on how the CBs on the roster fare and whether one that ends up crazy good can be resigned.

But eh, let the pesky season play out
Post #: 1874
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/3/2024 6:05:14 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

WR was a throw in, but yes who knows what Addison will conjure up.

Figure 100% they go CB or DT, depending on how the CBs on the roster fare and whether one that ends up crazy good can be resigned.

But eh, let the pesky season play out

True, there is some time to sort it out.

Between our next second and third preseason games apparently.
Post #: 1875
Page:   <<   < prev  73 74 [75] 76 77   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  73 74 [75] 76 77   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode