Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) Page: <<   < prev  120 121 [122] 123 124   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 5/13/2014 7:34:27 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

Here is a prediction for the first week of the season. Michael Sam will make the Rams team and get on the field for game one against the Vikings. He will do no damage to our purple helmeted warriors.

You keep using the term "purple helmet warriors".

You may want to google it...

I don't feel like googling it. I suppose someone could use it as a term for a penis.

Or it could be an extremely common slang term for penis - far outweighing any Vikings connotation.

And it sounds really bad talking about Sam doing damage to ours...
Post #: 3026
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 5/20/2014 11:53:12 PM   
marty

A commentator on CBS radio said he liked the Vikings over 6 1/2 as the best over/under bet for wins. He liked Bridgewater, thinks he'll be starting and pushing for ROY.

I don't think it's a good bet. I fully expect 5 wins, 6 tops with that tough schedule. The Vikes could have a better team than last year, but still win just 5 games as the schedule is much tougher. IF Bridgewater is instantly good, it is likely going to be a VERY exciting season.

My expectation is for the Vikes to win 5 games this season, and then be a SB contender the following season, winning the SB in either 2 or 3 years.
Post #: 3027
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 5/21/2014 7:40:25 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Here is a prediction for the first week of the season. Michael Sam will make the Rams team and get on the field for game one against the Vikings. He will do no damage to our purple helmeted warriors.

I don't feel like googling it. I suppose someone could use it as a term for a penis.

Or it could be an extremely common slang term for penis - far outweighing any Vikings connotation.

IIRC I got the term from a guy named Morgan Mundane. Have you heard of him? I have never heard it used in the context you say it is extremely common for.
Post #: 3028
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 5/21/2014 8:06:40 AM   
Prescott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

IIRC I got the term from a guy named Morgan Mundane. Have you heard of him? I have never heard it used in the context you say it is extremely common for.

I don't think he was looking for a debate. If you google that term, you will see why he was trying to help you out. If you want to continue to use it, it's up to you.

If I had a perfect day
I would have it start this way
Open up the fridge and have a tall boy
Yeah
Post #: 3029
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 5/21/2014 11:56:42 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Prescott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I don't think he was looking for a debate. If you google that term, you will see why he was trying to help you out. If you want to continue to use it, it's up to you.

I will take his word for it and continue to use it. I actually hadn't used it for many years. Took it out of mothballs but this kind of makes it more funny. No comment on Morgan Mundane?
Post #: 3030
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 5/27/2014 9:22:42 PM   
marty

It's probably because I'm hoping for this, but this what I think is going to happen:

1) Cleveland will win 10 games and make the playoffs this season, but it might be with Hoyer at QB. Either QB, or the combination of them, is going to get them 10 wins and in the playoffs.

2) The Vikings will win 5 games this season, unless Bridgewater is R.O.Y, then they win 11.

3) The Packers will win the Super Bowl this season.

4) After the 2015 season, the Vikes will beat the Browns in the Super Bowl, and I'm not sure which QB will be starting for the Browns, but I'm sure it will be Bridgewater QBing for the Vikes.
Post #: 3031
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 5/27/2014 9:24:08 PM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

It's probably because I'm hoping for this, but this what I think is going to happen:

1) Cleveland will win 10 games and make the playoffs this season, but it might be with Hoyer at QB. Either QB, or the combination of them, is going to get them 10 wins and in the playoffs.

2) The Vikings will win 5 games this season, unless Bridgewater is R.O.Y, then they win 11.

3) The Packers will win the Super Bowl this season.

4) After the 2015 season, the Vikes will beat the Browns in the Super Bowl, and I'm not sure which QB will be starting for the Browns, but I'm sure it will be Bridgewater QBing for the Vikes.

I guarantee numbers 1-3 don't happen.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 3032
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 5/27/2014 9:44:29 PM   
marty

Ian, how many games do you think GB, Cleveland and Minnesota will each win this coming season ?
Post #: 3033
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 5/27/2014 9:55:55 PM   
Ian Joseph

I'll give Green Bay 10 games.. The Vikings will win at least 8. Cleveland will win 6 (they will have scoring problems).

Believe.
Post #: 3034
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 5/27/2014 10:06:18 PM   
marty

I think either Hoyer will be motivated and get Cleveland to 10 wins, or Manziel will create excitement and get them 10 wins.

The Vikes have such a brutal schedule, I really can't see them winning more than 5 games. Since Bridgewater appears to be cerebral like Peyton Manning, I think his rookie season will be similar to Mannings, ots of INTs early in the year, but pretty solid play the last 5 or 6 games (haven't checked Manning's stats, just going off what I think I remember about his season).

GB should be a SB contender, a healthy Rodgers and Lacy working a full season (assuming Lacy doesn't have sophomore slump, and that both guys stays healthy) probably means at least 10 wins, and at least 1 playoff win. Right now, I think GB will go all the way and win a SB.
Post #: 3035
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 5/27/2014 10:17:41 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

First time I've heard it.

I should probably get out more.
Post #: 3036
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 5/27/2014 11:38:15 PM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

I think either Hoyer will be motivated and get Cleveland to 10 wins, or Manziel will create excitement and get them 10 wins.

The Vikes have such a brutal schedule, I really can't see them winning more than 5 games. Since Bridgewater appears to be cerebral like Peyton Manning, I think his rookie season will be similar to Mannings, ots of INTs early in the year, but pretty solid play the last 5 or 6 games (haven't checked Manning's stats, just going off what I think I remember about his season).

GB should be a SB contender, a healthy Rodgers and Lacy working a full season (assuming Lacy doesn't have sophomore slump, and that both guys stays healthy) probably means at least 10 wins, and at least 1 playoff win. Right now, I think GB will go all the way and win a SB.

Not feeling Green Bay. Theyre an easy pick, but their defense is aging and they cant win all their games 40-38, not in the NFC.

The only reason I'm not prepared to give Minnesota the division right now is becuz of the unknown at the quarterback position. But, that will come together and if it comes together relatively soon, we will challenge for the division.

Cleveland is going to have problems with the Josh Gordon suspension. No one is going to be scared of their passing game.. NOBODY. Teams are going to load 8 and 9 men up in the box and they don't have the passing game personnel to consistently make anybody pay.

They have a real good defense, but that's not going to be enough in that division. They wont win any divisional road games. And they will lose to Baltimore and Pittsburgh at home. That's five losses right there. Plus, they play the NFC and AFC South divisions. That's easily another five losses.

10 wins my ass.

Believe.
Post #: 3037
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 5/28/2014 7:57:18 AM   
Prescott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Or use google.

If I had a perfect day
Yeah
Post #: 3038
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 5/28/2014 8:00:44 AM   
Prescott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

quote:

Not feeling Green Bay. Theyre an easy pick, but their defense is aging and they cant win all their games 40-38, not in the NFC.

The only reason I'm not prepared to give Minnesota the division right now is becuz of the unknown at the quarterback position. But, that will come together and if it comes together relatively soon, we will challenge for the division.

Cleveland is going to have problems with the Josh Gordon suspension. No one is going to be scared of their passing game.. NOBODY. Teams are going to load 8 and 9 men up in the box and they don't have the passing game personnel to consistently make anybody pay.

They have a real good defense, but that's not going to be enough in that division. They wont win any divisional road games. And they will lose to Baltimore and Pittsburgh at home. That's five losses right there. Plus, they play the NFC and AFC South divisions. That's easily another five losses.

10 wins my ass.

Their offense last year was only Josh Gordon and a bit of Cameron. I don't even know who they would hand the ball off to. They lost Norv Turner, and they didn't draft any receivers. I don't see how they don't suck again. Tim Tebow brought excitment to the Jets, that doesn't win games. That is going to be a bad team, I think.

If I had a perfect day
Yeah
Post #: 3039
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 5/28/2014 8:46:11 AM   
Ian Joseph

The Browns have Ben Tate running the ball now, which is good, but he's going to get his ass kicked. And being that he isn't the most healthy guy out there anyway...

Johnny Manziel might sell tickets, but he will be running for his life if they eventually start him this year. They're better off letting him ride the pine and let other teams beat down Hoyer and Thigpen.

Believe.
Post #: 3040
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 5/28/2014 9:22:02 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Or use google.

That's going to help me to hear it for the first time before yesterday?
Post #: 3041
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 6/22/2014 12:22:39 PM   
John Childress

Before I do my 2014 predictions, I went back to look and see how far off I was on my 2013 predictions. Looks for most teams the +/- is 3 games

Exceptions noted

2013 NFL Predictions!!!

NFC North

Minnesota 10-6 / 5-10-1
Green Bay 10-6 / 8-7-1
Detroit 9-7 / 7-9
Chicago 7-9 / 8-8

NFC East

New York 9-7 / 7-9
Washington 9-7 / 3-13
Dallas 7-9 / 8-8
Philadelphia 5-11 / 10-6

NFC South

Atlanta 10-6 / 4-12
New Orleans 10-6 / 11-5
Carolina 8-8 / 12-4
Tampa Bay 6-10 / 4-12

NFC West

San Francisco 11-5 / 12-4
Seattle 10-6 / 13-3
Saint Louis 5-11 / 7-9
Arizona 2-12 / 10-6

AFC East

New England 9-7 / 12-4
Miami 7-9 / 8-8
Buffalo 6-10 / 6-10
New York 5-11 / 8-8

AFC North

Pittsburgh 10-6 / 8-8
Baltimore 9-7 / 8-8
Cincinnati 6-10 / 11-5
Cleveland 4-12 / 4-12

AFC South

Indianapolis 10-6 / 11-5
Houston 9-7 / 2-14
Jacksonville 7-9 / 4-12
Tennessee 4-12 / 7-9

AFC West

Denver 9-7 / 13-3
Kansas City 8-8 / 11-5
San Diego 7-9 / 9-7
Oakland 3-13 / 4-12

No more acceptance of mediocrity!!!! EVER!
Post #: 3042
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 6/22/2014 12:28:31 PM   
John Childress

i will revised these before week 1

2014 NFL Predictions!!!

NFC North

Minnesota 8-8
Green Bay 10-6
Detroit 7-9
Chicago 7-9

NFC East

New York 9-7
Washington 7-9
Dallas 5-11
Philadelphia 8-8

NFC South

Atlanta 10-6
New Orleans 11-5
Carolina 8-8
Tampa Bay 4-12

NFC West

San Francisco 11-5
Seattle 11-5
Saint Louis 6-10
Arizona 9-7

AFC East

New England 11-5
Miami 5-11
Buffalo 8-8
New York 9-7

AFC North

Pittsburgh 9-7
Baltimore 9-7
Cincinnati 10-6
Cleveland 4-12

AFC South

Indianapolis 11-5
Houston 10-6
Jacksonville 3-13
Tennessee 5-11

AFC West

Denver 11-5
Kansas City 8-8
San Diego 10-6
Oakland 5-11

Post #: 3043
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 6/22/2014 12:43:58 PM   
Todd M

I predict...b/c this is the prediction thread with no set rules...that 2.5 more posters will be driven away because of mean spirited attacks and/or BS racist calls before the season finishes.

Over or under?
Post #: 3044
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 6/22/2014 5:19:34 PM   
John Childress

Perhaps they should grow a pair?

If you put shit out you get shit back in your face

Post racist shit and you get called on it

Man up

Post #: 3045
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 6/22/2014 5:38:41 PM   
Thomas O. Eliason

It was actually a bit more confrontational back at the Strib, although we do have a couple of bad seeds.

I used to feel like I was doing judo, karate and ju jitsu simultaneously back then.

Now it just feels like an afternoon of tai chi with an occaisional Matrix bullet-dodge here and there !

PPE II baby
Post #: 3046
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 6/22/2014 6:24:14 PM   
Called on it?

Like saying JaMarcus Russell and Vince Young sucked, and being called a racist?

Yet my favorite draft pick since Moss is Teddy Bridgewater?

You musta just been having a bad day John?

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 3047
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 6/22/2014 9:24:55 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

Called on it?

How many bad days is a person allotted?
Post #: 3048
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 6/22/2014 11:13:09 PM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

Called on it?

How many bad days is a person allotted?

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 3049
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 6/23/2014 9:03:25 AM   
Bill Jandro

Not sure I have ever tryed to predict every teams record

Obviously not an easy prediction to make.

JC did not get very many right but I commend him for sticking his neck out

I will give it a shot

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 3050
Page:   <<   < prev  120 121 [122] 123 124   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) Page: <<   < prev  120 121 [122] 123 124   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode