Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) Page: <<   < prev  131 132 [133] 134 135   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/7/2014 10:47:03 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: drviking

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

I see 39-12 Vikes.

Closest prediction I do believe.

what were you thinking, man?

12.....pfffffffttt....

Yeah he gave them too many points but he had the margin of victory within one point.
Post #: 3301
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/7/2014 11:59:13 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: djskillz

quote:

quote:

Personally, there's no player I'd trade Andrew Luck for in the game right now. I wouldn't even have to think about it for more than a second.

I'm not sure yet. You could possibly have it right.

I don't know that there's a "right" answer. That's just how I feel. I think he's at least in the conversation for best player in the game now, and I think over the next 10 years there's no player I'd rather have.

I think some of this is about scheme. Wilson is a very good QB who is perfect for the Seahawks' scheme (they don't ask him to do as much). That doesn't make him better than Luck IMO.

If I were to pick one player in the NFL to win me a game right now it would be Drew Brees, Manning, or Aaron Rodgers. SO I disagree about Luck being the best in the NFL right now. Considering youth and projecting a career for him is where IMO Luck is a good choice for best player for a franchise.

Who are you disagreeing with? I don't think anyone said that. Or is contending that.

In this very post above DJSkilz who I was replying to said that Luck was in the conversation for best player in the game right now. The disagreement is that I don't think he is there yet. Who knows if he will ever get there but that I think is a good chance.

In the conversation. He didn't say he felt that Luck is the best player in the NFL, just in the conversation.

Right and I disagreed with that. That was the disagreement.

No, you disagreed with "Luck being the best in the NFL right now." And DJSkilz never claimed that, he claimed that Luck should be in the conversation for best player in the game. Ergo my question who are you disagreeing with.
Post #: 3302
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/8/2014 6:17:30 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Personally, there's no player I'd trade Andrew Luck for in the game right now. I wouldn't even have to think about it for more than a second.

I don't know that there's a "right" answer. That's just how I feel. I think he's at least in the conversation for best player in the game now, and I think over the next 10 years there's no player I'd rather have.

I think some of this is about scheme. Wilson is a very good QB who is perfect for the Seahawks' scheme (they don't ask him to do as much). That doesn't make him better than Luck IMO.

If I were to pick one player in the NFL to win me a game right now it would be Drew Brees, Manning, or Aaron Rodgers. SO I disagree about Luck being the best in the NFL right now. Considering youth and projecting a career for him is where IMO Luck is a good choice for best player for a franchise.

Who are you disagreeing with? I don't think anyone said that. Or is contending that.

In this very post above DJSkilz who I was replying to said that Luck was in the conversation for best player in the game right now. The disagreement is that I don't think he is there yet. Who knows if he will ever get there but that I think is a good chance.

In the conversation. He didn't say he felt that Luck is the best player in the NFL, just in the conversation.

No, you disagreed with "Luck being the best in the NFL right now." And DJSkilz never claimed that, he claimed that Luck should be in the conversation for best player in the game. Ergo my question who are you disagreeing with.

BigO sorry but I know what I disagreed with. I believe that Luck is not the best QB in the game and I disagree with his assertion that Luck should be in the conversation for best player in the game. Can we nit pick this any more? You know how much we love to nit pick. Nit pick nit pick nit pick nit pick.
Post #: 3303
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/9/2014 11:35:25 AM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

BigO sorry but I know what I disagreed with. I believe that Luck is not the best QB in the game and I disagree with his assertion that Luck should be in the conversation for best player in the game. Can we nit pick this any more? You know how much we love to nit pick. Nit pick nit pick nit pick nit pick.

Dude, we certainly can nitpik this some more. I don't know how it can be any more black and white.

This is what you wrote:

quote:

SO I disagree about Luck being the best in the NFL right now.

Now if you want to change that to you "disagree with his assertion that Luck should be in the conversation for best player in the game"... NO PROBLEM.

< Message edited by thebigo -- 9/9/2014 11:37:46 AM >
Post #: 3304
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/9/2014 12:14:18 PM   
John Childress

Pittsburgh at Baltimore - two underachievers. The Ravens have to be reeling from the events of this week. Meanwhile, the Steelers had to struggle against a very bad team. Normally I take the Ravens but I really don’t have any good feel for this one. I am guessing Ravens 17-13 based on urgency.

SUN, SEP 14

NY Jets at Green Bay – Geno Smith still is up and down. Green Bay has to be fired up for this one and certainly can’t afford to go 0-2. Packers 31-13

Miami at Buffalo – both teams looked much better than I expected. Miami looked even better than Buffalo but until the Fish show me they can do this on the road I am going with the home team. Bills 23-21

Jacksonville at Washington – two really really bad teams. Washington can easily win this game by benching Griffin and going with Cousins. I think Griffin has one half of football to show he can lead the team into the end zone before Cousins takes over. Similarly, Chad Henne is a bad QB. If Jax sits Bortles one more week I am going with Wash assuming they bench RGIII if he is ineffective again – Wash 19-13

Dallas at Tennessee – Dallas looks like crap right now and the Tits routed the Chefs. This looks like an easy call for the Titans so I am going to go the other way and say Dallas pulls the upset. 27-24

Arizona at NY Giants – The Giants look horrible. The Cardinals offense is nothing to write home about either but at least their defense showed up last night. Until I see the Giants look like a NFL team I am going against them. Yeah, Dallas looked bad but they at least moved the ball and scored some points. The Giants looked helpless.

New England at Minnesota – I think this is an evenly matched game. However, I am not yet sold on the Vikings secondary (see Shaun Hill as opposing QB) and the Pats have to have this game. Patriots 27-23

New Orleans at Cleveland – Saints totally threw away a win at ATL. Another playoff contender that can’t afford to go 0-2 in a really tough division. Not a fan of either Clev QB. Saints 31-13

Atlanta at Cincinnati – very good contest. I think a 2nd tier NFC team is better than a top AFC team however, this game is at Cin so I call it a toss up. Bengals 35-34

Detroit at Carolina – great matchup. Detroit is explosive and implosive. I think against a solid defense like Car that will cost them – especially with Cam healthy and ready to play. Car has its own Ray Rice incident going on also though. Carolina 27-21

St. Louis at Tampa Bay – The Rams are in the Marcus Mariotta derby after week 1. TB is no powerhouse but expect them to beat this toothless team 23-10

Seattle at San Diego – I was surprised at how inept the SD offense was last night. I expected them to challenge NE and Den for the AFC. With the offense I saw last night, I see Seattle winning a close one 23-17. Many people have this as a loss for Sea but to do that SD needs a lot more offense.

Houston at Oakland – first team to double digits wins. Carr started off pretty well then fell apart. Houston showed their defense is for real. I like the Texans in a low scoring game 17-6

Kansas City at Denver – one of the few blowouts I see. Denver’s offense is moving well and KC looks helpless. Broncos 41-17.

Chicago at San Francisco – SF not ready to pack it in yet. Their defense wasn’t dominating against Dallas – it was opportunistic. Kap really picked up his play and I think SF still has more weapons on offense and will give Seattle the best challenge in the NFC once they get Aldon Smith back. 49ers 38-24.

MON, SEP 15

Philadelphia at Indianapolis – first team to 50 points wins! Eagles turned it around in 2nd half and blew out Jax. Chad Henne is no Andrew Luck. This should be a classic game that I think Luck wins on the last drive. Colts 41-37

No more acceptance of mediocrity!!!! EVER!
Post #: 3305
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/13/2014 5:14:28 PM   
DavidAOlson

Now that HGH testing is coming to the NFL, players will start getting smaller.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/09/13/nfl-new-drug-policy-three-things/15571205/

I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it. --- Alice
Post #: 3306
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/13/2014 5:46:25 PM   
Bill Jandro

I predict AD gets a 2 game suspension. This is predicated on the case being plea bargained with no trial.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 3307
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/16/2014 3:10:54 PM   
Bradley H

I think this is going to be a close game. The Saints hired one of the most over-hyped and least productive defensive coordinators in the league in Rob Ryan during the off-season. Through two weeks they have surrendered 446 yards-per-game against the Falcons and Browns.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 3308
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/16/2014 3:15:51 PM   
ambear

Um....we lose.
Post #: 3309
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/16/2014 3:16:49 PM   
David Levine

Rob Ryan was their DC last year as well. They finished the year 4th in points and yards.
Post #: 3310
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/16/2014 3:17:32 PM   
Bradley H

quote:

ORIGINAL: ambear

Um....we lose.

I'm not sure about that. The Saints are not even close to the Saints from three years ago. Their defense is very shaky and their offense doesn't have many playmakers outside of Jimmy Graham.

Post #: 3311
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/16/2014 3:47:01 PM   
John Childress

RECAP

quote:

ORIGINAL: John Childress

Pittsburgh at Baltimore - I am guessing Ravens 17-13 based on urgency.

SUN, SEP 14

NY Jets at Green Bay – Packers 31-13 - much closer than I thought

Miami at Buffalo – Bills 23-21 - bi

Jacksonville at Washington – – Wash 19-13 - Washington finally woke up

Dallas at Tennessee – say Dallas pulls the upset. 27-24

Arizona at NY Giants – The Giants look horrible. The Cardinals offense is nothing to write home about either but at least their defense showed up last night. Until I see the Giants look like a NFL team I am going against them. Yeah, Dallas looked bad but they at least moved the ball and scored some points. The Giants looked helpless. - accurate

New England at Minnesota – Patriots 27-23 - I thought this would be close!

New Orleans at Cleveland – . Saints 31-13 - way off on this one

Atlanta at Cincinnati – Bengals 35-34 - ATL forgot to show up

Detroit at Carolina – Carolina 27-21 -

St. Louis at Tampa Bay – The Rams are in the Marcus Mariotta derby after week 1. TB is no powerhouse but expect them to beat this toothless team 23-10

Seattle at San Diego – I was surprised at how inept the SD offense was last night. I expected them to challenge NE and Den for the AFC. With the offense I saw last night, I see Seattle winning a close one 23-17. Many people have this as a loss for Sea but to do that SD needs a lot more offense. - WRONG

Houston at Oakland – first team to double digits wins. Carr started off pretty well then fell apart. Houston showed their defense is for real. I like the Texans in a low scoring game 17-6

Kansas City at Denver – one of the few blowouts I see. Denver’s offense is moving well and KC looks helpless. Broncos 41-17. - Denver was probably looking ahead or missing their WRs because their offense wasn't on its game

Chicago at San Francisco – 49ers 38-24. well, it started out that way

MON, SEP 15

Philadelphia at Indianapolis – Colts 41-37 - Luck and the Colts offense strangely took their foot off the gas and refs were against them

No more acceptance of mediocrity!!!! EVER!
Post #: 3312
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/16/2014 3:48:37 PM   
Bradley H

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Rob Ryan was their DC last year as well. They finished the year 4th in points and yards.

My bad. So it took him 12 months to ruin them.

< Message edited by Bradley H -- 9/16/2014 3:53:13 PM >

Post #: 3313
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/18/2014 11:08:48 AM   
Bradley H

All right, enough of this bullshit talk for the week. Time to get down to football.

Just when I think the Vikings are dead, they stun me (and unfortunately vice versa). Attach Anthony Barr to Jimmy Graham's hip and you get a win.

Minnesota 24
New Orleans 20

< Message edited by Bradley H -- 9/18/2014 11:10:44 AM >

Post #: 3314
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/18/2014 12:35:13 PM   
ronhextall

As Mr. T said in Rocky III "PAIN".
Post #: 3315
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/18/2014 12:40:44 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bradley H

All right, enough of this bullshit talk for the week. Time to get down to football.

Just when I think the Vikings are dead, they stun me (and unfortunately vice versa). Attach Anthony Barr to Jimmy Graham's hip and you get a win.

Minnesota 24
New Orleans 20

I don't think we win. Saints are up against a wall desperately needing a win, playing at home.

Barr is too young to keep up with that talent. He's good but inexperienced. Graham will give the Vikings D fits.

Vikings need to control the football and not make mistakes. I don't think we have the running attack with Asiata, Barnyard, and McKinnon to keep there offense off the field.

But they have had a week to prepare for not having AD... so maybe they surprise me.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 3316
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/19/2014 9:54:51 AM   
bgdavis

I don't put much stock into this, but for those who believe in the ability to have precognitive dreams...

I had a rather vivid dream last night which relates to the upcoming game on Sunday versus the Saints. I was unable to view the game (which will be true since I'll be traveling that day during gametime). I happened to stop by a store during the trip and happened to see the game on a TV in their electronics section. Late in the 3rd quarter, the Vikes were up 34-9 and Teddy was leading them on a drive.

Heimdall kept the “ringing” horn, Gjallarhorn, which could be heard throughout heaven, earth, and the lower world; he would sound the horn to summon the gods when their enemies drew near.
(Norse mythology)
Post #: 3317
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/19/2014 12:32:45 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: bgdavis

I don't put much stock into this, but for those who believe in the ability to have precognitive dreams...

I had a rather vivid dream last night which relates to the upcoming game on Sunday versus the Saints. I was unable to view the game (which will be true since I'll be traveling that day during gametime). I happened to stop by a store during the trip and happened to see the game on a TV in their electronics section. Late in the 3rd quarter, the Vikes were up 34-9 and Teddy was leading them on a drive.

Here's to hoping you have "the gift".

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 3318
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/19/2014 1:57:23 PM   
thebigo

quote:

So Teddy was in for garbage time work, or did he QB us to the 34-9 lead?
Post #: 3319
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/19/2014 2:18:48 PM   
bgdavis

quote:

quote:

No idea. In the dream, I only caught a few seconds of the game. Shortly after entering the store (dept store something like a Target) and walking near the electronics section, I glanced at a TV, and saw the game was on. I noted the score, and saw Teddy was breaking the huddle. I didn't have time to stay and watch because I had something else I needed to do...exactly what that was I don't remember - that part is mostly fuzzy at this point. But I distinctly remember seeing the score and Teddy breaking the huddle very clearly.

Heimdall kept the “ringing” horn, Gjallarhorn, which could be heard throughout heaven, earth, and the lower world; he would sound the horn to summon the gods when their enemies drew near.
(Norse mythology)
Post #: 3320
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/19/2014 2:45:47 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

No idea. In the dream, I only caught a few seconds of the game. Shortly after entering the store (dept store something like a Target) and walking near the electronics section, I glanced at a TV, and saw the game was on. I noted the score, and saw Teddy was breaking the huddle. I didn't have time to stay and watch because I had something else I needed to do...exactly what that was I don't remember - that part is mostly fuzzy at this point. But I distinctly remember seeing the score and Teddy breaking the huddle very clearly.

I'm going with late 3rd quarter up only 25 points as a little early for garbage time, especially against the otherwise explosive 'aints.
Post #: 3321
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/19/2014 7:16:18 PM   
Bill Jandro

Historically we have owned the Saints 20-10

I could give a ratts ass the Saints need a win. So do we and 30 other NFL football teams.

Their defense has given up nearly 900 yards in two games.

I say we kick them when their down.

Take out some frustration on a weak tit defense.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 3322
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/20/2014 7:22:04 AM   
Bradley H

quote:

quote:

quote:

Pamela Anderson was in my dream that night. What does that mean?

Post #: 3323
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/20/2014 8:22:13 AM   
Ricky J

Edit: too judgmental of PA to leave up

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 9/20/2014 6:05:36 PM >
Post #: 3324
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/20/2014 10:43:58 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Historically we have owned the Saints 20-10

I could give a ratts ass the Saints need a win. So do we and 30 other NFL football teams.

Their defense has given up nearly 900 yards in two games.

I say we kick them when their down.

Take out some frustration on a weak tit defense.

Oooooo, bad visual re the Grandma Ryan defense
Would love to see us frustrate and dominate that clowns defense.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 3325
Page:   <<   < prev  131 132 [133] 134 135   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) Page: <<   < prev  131 132 [133] 134 135   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode