Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) Page: <<   < prev  130 131 [132] 133 134   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/5/2014 6:42:37 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

So saying Luck is a rich man's Christian Ponder is a compliment?

yes

Backhanded at best.

OK DL Luck is the Bill Gates version of Christian Ponder. Being simply a rich mans Christian Ponder isn't taking it far enough.

Being a better version of crap is hardly a compliment.

A Yugo is a car a Ferrari is a Car. A Ferrari is a better version of a car than a Yugo. Ponder is a QB. Luck is a QB. Luck is a better version of a QB than Ponder. Please I basically apologized for calling Luck a rich man's Ponder. I don't think I have to apologize for calling Luck a Bill Gates version of Ponder.
Post #: 3276
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/5/2014 6:43:45 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: djskillz

Personally, there's no player I'd trade Andrew Luck for in the game right now. I wouldn't even have to think about it for more than a second.

I'm not sure yet. You could possibly have it right.
Post #: 3277
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/5/2014 6:45:38 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

yes

Backhanded at best.

OK DL Luck is the Bill Gates version of Christian Ponder. Being simply a rich mans Christian Ponder isn't taking it far enough.

A Yugo is a car a Ferrari is a Car. A Ferrari is a better version of a car than a Yugo. Ponder is a QB. Luck is a QB. Luck is a better version of a QB than Ponder. Please I basically apologized for calling Luck a rich man's Ponder. I don't think I have to apologize for calling Luck a Bill Gates version of Ponder.

You've added a qualifier.

"A Ferrari is a better version of a car than a Yugo" is not at all the same as saying "A Ferrari is a better version of a Yugo".
Post #: 3278
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/5/2014 6:47:29 PM   
djskillz

quote:

quote:

Personally, there's no player I'd trade Andrew Luck for in the game right now. I wouldn't even have to think about it for more than a second.

I don't know that there's a "right" answer. That's just how I feel. I think he's at least in the conversation for best player in the game now, and I think over the next 10 years there's no player I'd rather have.

I think some of this is about scheme. Wilson is a very good QB who is perfect for the Seahawks' scheme (they don't ask him to do as much). That doesn't make him better than Luck IMO.

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
Post #: 3279
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/5/2014 7:49:00 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

yes

Backhanded at best.

"A Ferrari is a better version of a car than a Yugo" is not at all the same as saying "A Ferrari is a better version of a Yugo".

OK DL whatever. I would think that I was comparing them as QBs was obvious. IN what other way would I have been comparing them.
Post #: 3280
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/5/2014 7:52:01 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

I don't know that there's a "right" answer. That's just how I feel. I think he's at least in the conversation for best player in the game now, and I think over the next 10 years there's no player I'd rather have.

I think some of this is about scheme. Wilson is a very good QB who is perfect for the Seahawks' scheme (they don't ask him to do as much). That doesn't make him better than Luck IMO.

If I were to pick one player in the NFL to win me a game right now it would be Drew Brees, Manning, or Aaron Rodgers. SO I disagree about Luck being the best in the NFL right now. Considering youth and projecting a career for him is where IMO Luck is a good choice for best player for a franchise.
Post #: 3281
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/5/2014 8:42:05 PM   
quote:

Personally I wouldn't trade Teddy Bridgewater for any player in the league right now.....

It would be like if the 49ers traded Joe Montana before he took over for Steve DeBerg.....

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 3282
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/5/2014 9:53:50 PM   
Todd M

quote:

If I were to pick one player in the NFL to win me a game right now it would be Drew Brees, Manning, or Aaron Rodgers.

The national academy of hedging your bets called. You win! Come collect your Hedgie.
Post #: 3283
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/5/2014 10:08:12 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

If I were to pick one player in the NFL to win me a game right now it would be Drew Brees, Manning, or Aaron Rodgers.

The national academy of hedging your bets called. You win! Come collect your Hedgie.

Is that the Canadian national academy of hedging your bets, or the U.S.?
Post #: 3284
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/5/2014 10:10:56 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

Is that the Canadian national academy of hedging your bets, or the U.S.?

Marty hold one of those titles ....

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 3285
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/5/2014 10:11:25 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

If I were to pick one player in the NFL to win me a game right now it would be Drew Brees, Manning, or Aaron Rodgers. SO I disagree about Luck being the best in the NFL right now. Considering youth and projecting a career for him is where IMO Luck is a good choice for best player for a franchise.

Who are you disagreeing with? I don't think anyone said that. Or is contending that.
Post #: 3286
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/5/2014 10:14:54 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

yes

Backhanded at best.

Can we be more silly?
Post #: 3287
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/6/2014 10:48:30 AM   
Bill Jandro

At this point in their careers it is simply not possible to compare Luck vs Wilson due to the teams they play on.

Wilson simply does not have to carry his team and can punt w/o worrying.

Luck has no defense or running game and simply has to carry his team on his shoulders.

If, and when these qb's supporting casts become more similar any comparison will have too many holes in it.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 3288
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/6/2014 10:59:44 AM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

At this point in their careers it is simply not possible to compare Luck vs Wilson due to the teams they play on.

Wilson simply does not have to carry his team and can punt w/o worrying.

Luck has no defense or running game and simply has to carry his team on his shoulders.

If, and when these qb's supporting casts become more similar any comparison will have too many holes in it.

That's a decades old debate Bill.

Was Terry Bradshaw a great QB, or was the team around him just so overwhelmingly good that it propped him up?

Was Troy Aikman that good, when Dan Marino was obviously more dynamic as a passer?

Andrew Luck is the prototypical QB that NFL GM's have wet dreams over, both physically, and mentally. Perhaps his team hasn't grown to his level around him yet? Luck is an incredible talent, and he will be great for years.

However Russell Wilson has had to make all the critical plays in his couple seasons that have propelled the Seahawks to heights a once downtrodden franchise has never been. Just listen to the freakin guy talk, he's two steps ahead in his mind, and is a superior talent in his own right....

I like both Luck, and Wilson.....

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 3289
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/7/2014 7:29:50 AM   
Murph

My prediction for season record is 10-6. I'm not sure if that gets us to the playoffs?

Next year we are contenders!

Hey Wilf's, let's build a "Perennial Super Bowl contender" not a "perennial playoff contender".
Post #: 3290
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/7/2014 8:49:07 AM   
Duane Sampson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Murph

My prediction for season record is 10-6. I'm not sure if that gets us to the playoffs?

I'll go with TOE.... 16-0

Then we'll adjust as needed.
Post #: 3291
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/7/2014 9:12:41 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

LOL yeah. It was pretty wimpy. It was just to show that Russell Wilson was NOT amongst those I would pick. I think the one player and I hate to admit it that I would pick would be Rodgers.
Post #: 3292
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/7/2014 9:15:45 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Who are you disagreeing with? I don't think anyone said that. Or is contending that.

In this very post above DJSkilz who I was replying to said that Luck was in the conversation for best player in the game right now. The disagreement is that I don't think he is there yet. Who knows if he will ever get there but that I think is a good chance.
Post #: 3293
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/7/2014 9:18:47 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

10-6 Historically gets you to the playoffs a strong majority of the time. Maybe somebody has the percentage but I know it is over 50% and wouldn't be surprised if it is 80% of the time.
Post #: 3294
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/7/2014 9:26:18 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

10-6 Historically gets you to the playoffs a strong majority of the time. Maybe somebody has the percentage but I know it is over 50% and wouldn't be surprised if it is 80% of the time.

Pretty sure 8-8 won the NFC North last year

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 3295
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/7/2014 3:06:59 PM   
Todd M

quote:

I see 39-12 Vikes.

Closest prediction I do believe.
Post #: 3296
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/7/2014 4:45:04 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

In this very post above DJSkilz who I was replying to said that Luck was in the conversation for best player in the game right now. The disagreement is that I don't think he is there yet. Who knows if he will ever get there but that I think is a good chance.

In the conversation. He didn't say he felt that Luck is the best player in the NFL, just in the conversation.
Post #: 3297
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/7/2014 5:37:23 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

In the conversation. He didn't say he felt that Luck is the best player in the NFL, just in the conversation.

And he is in the conversation ... unless I'm not reading this right
Post #: 3298
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/7/2014 9:45:12 PM   
drviking

quote:

quote:

I see 39-12 Vikes.

Closest prediction I do believe.

what were you thinking, man?

12.....pfffffffttt....

"Only one thing left to do..."
Post #: 3299
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/7/2014 10:45:45 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Right and I disagreed with that. That was the disagreement.
Post #: 3300
Page:   <<   < prev  130 131 [132] 133 134   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) Page: <<   < prev  130 131 [132] 133 134   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode