Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) Page: <<   < prev  136 137 [138] 139 140   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 10/7/2015 8:26:25 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: John Childress

I think you are thinking of 1999 and our 1-3 start.  We got smoked by the Rams in the divisional playoff.

Cris Carter to official after the bullshit incomplete pass call: Haven't you ever seen that one before?

That was where the Moss squirt the ref happened.

That is where mo stalled out as well ....
Post #: 3426
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 10/15/2015 9:45:44 AM   
Mark Anderson

Vikes 34 Chiefs 20
Post #: 3427
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 10/15/2015 1:29:54 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

Vikes 34 Chiefs 20

Chiefs with 2 garbage time TDs against our 3rd stringers?
Post #: 3428
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 10/15/2015 2:36:55 PM   
Brad H

30-13 Vikes if we take the gloves off and air it out.

21-20 Chiefs if we don't.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 3429
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 10/15/2015 3:33:54 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

Vikes 34 Chiefs 20

Chiefs with 2 garbage time TDs against our 3rd stringers?

Kelce might give us trouble.
Post #: 3430
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 10/28/2015 8:28:43 PM   
drviking

I predict our offense comes alive in the 2nd half of the season....

heck lets start it a week early at the Bores!!!

"Only one thing left to do..."
Post #: 3431
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 10/29/2015 8:18:15 AM   
marty

@ San Francisco L 24-27 OT Vikes have a 10 point or greater most of the game, SF steals it at the end
Detroit W 45-38 Vikes ahead by 24 at one point, Lions late surge falls short
San Diego W 24-17 Defense wins the game at the end, holds off Rivers, Wright makes a big TD catch that wins it in the 4th quarter
@ Denver L 31-16 Manning early in the year will probably be sharp, Vikes play one of their worst games of the year
BYE
Kansas City W 48-24 AD has huge game, 3 special teams' TDs for Vikes
@ Detroit W 30-20 Solid team win
@ Chicago W 23-20 Exciting game, Teddy wins it with TD to CJ
St. Louis L 17-24 Tough loss, first home loss of year, Fisher's coaching wins it
@ Oakland W 38-10 Angry Vikings' team wins decisively
Green Bay L 34-31 Teddy goes toe to toe with Rodgers but Rodgers has the ball last. Teddy also gets hurt
@ Atlanta W 30-27 Vikes show they are a playoff team, they are in the Wildcard hunt at 7-4, Teddy plays hurt but hobbles around and gets the win
Seattle L 41-38 Teddy has almost perfect game, but Wilson has a magical game.
@ Arizona W 20-17 Defense plays a solid game
Chicago L 31-21 Looks like an easy win on paper, but the Bears steal it, Jared Allen getting a few key sacks
NY Giants W 38-24
@ Green Bay L 24-17 The worst part is the Packers pull many of their starters as they have homefield secured

The Vikes are right on pace for the 10-6 record I had predicted before the season. I originally had them at 9-7, but changed it to 10-6 (2 days later, still before the season started), agreeing with several posters that the Vikes should beat the Packers backups. IF the Packers aren't resting players that game, then I think the Packers will win that one.

Although I haven't gotten the scores right, I have been right so far with win/loss, and will stick with this until it's wrong, and go with the Vikes beating the Bears in a close one on Sunday.
Post #: 3432
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 10/29/2015 12:26:13 PM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

@ San Francisco L 24-27 OT Vikes have a 10 point or greater most of the game, SF steals it at the end
Detroit W 45-38 Vikes ahead by 24 at one point, Lions late surge falls short
San Diego W 24-17 Defense wins the game at the end, holds off Rivers, Wright makes a big TD catch that wins it in the 4th quarter
@ Denver L 31-16 Manning early in the year will probably be sharp, Vikes play one of their worst games of the year
BYE
Kansas City W 48-24 AD has huge game, 3 special teams' TDs for Vikes
@ Detroit W 30-20 Solid team win
@ Chicago W 23-20 Exciting game, Teddy wins it with TD to CJ
St. Louis L 17-24 Tough loss, first home loss of year, Fisher's coaching wins it
@ Oakland W 38-10 Angry Vikings' team wins decisively
Green Bay L 34-31 Teddy goes toe to toe with Rodgers but Rodgers has the ball last. Teddy also gets hurt
@ Atlanta W 30-27 Vikes show they are a playoff team, they are in the Wildcard hunt at 7-4, Teddy plays hurt but hobbles around and gets the win
Seattle L 41-38 Teddy has almost perfect game, but Wilson has a magical game.
@ Arizona W 20-17 Defense plays a solid game
Chicago L 31-21 Looks like an easy win on paper, but the Bears steal it, Jared Allen getting a few key sacks
NY Giants W 38-24
@ Green Bay L 24-17 The worst part is the Packers pull many of their starters as they have homefield secured

The Vikes are right on pace for the 10-6 record I had predicted before the season. I originally had them at 9-7, but changed it to 10-6 (2 days later, still before the season started), agreeing with several posters that the Vikes should beat the Packers backups. IF the Packers aren't resting players that game, then I think the Packers will win that one.

Although I haven't gotten the scores right, I have been right so far with win/loss, and will stick with this until it's wrong, and go with the Vikes beating the Bears in a close one on Sunday.

I see 7-9 or 8-8. I don't see a ton of wins left on the schedule the way the offense is playing.

Post #: 3433
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 10/29/2015 2:45:46 PM   
marty

I see at least 5-5 the rest of the way, which gets 9 wins, maybe 10 if the Packers are resting starters the last game. I am basing that on the way the defense is playing, and I expect the offense to play better, Bridgewater either getting used to AD in the backfield, AD getting hurt, or just Bridgewater playing better.

The 9-7 (10-6 if Packers are resting starters the last game) I had before the season is right on so far, and I still see it despite rethinking some teams after what has happened so far in the season.

The Vikes have been good at home. Before the season, I had them losing 4 out of the last 5 home games, but I think they will probably beat Chicago, a decent chance they beat St. Louis, and they might even upset GB and hand the Packers their first loss. I think I may have UNDERestimated what the Vikings will do at home.

On the road, I may OVERestimated what the Vikings would do. I had them beating Chicago, Oakland, Atlanta and Arizona, losing to GB the last game. Atlanta and Arizona will probably be tougher outs than I expected, but I think Chicago and Oakland are very beatable. I think Zimmer is a winning HC, that will have the team usually pulling out close games, so I expect they will probably beat Chicago and Oakland (unless the refs 'sway' in favor of Chicago), and probably beat either Atlanta or Arizona, probably not both.

Most teams that go 8-8 or better, usually pull an upset during the season. I don't think the Vikes have really pulled an upset yet. They will probably be dogs at Atlanta, at Arizona and GB at home. I would be surprised if they lost all 3, and expect them to win at least one of them, maybe 2.

So with underestimating them at home, and overestimating them on the road, it will probably wash out, and they end up with either 9 or 10 wins, depending on whether or not GB is playing starters all the way through in game 16.
Post #: 3434
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 11/1/2015 12:12:23 PM   
Mark Anderson

Vikes 31 Bears 23
Post #: 3435
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 11/3/2015 12:33:13 AM   
Rob Viking

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob Viking

NFL Season Predictions:

AFC East
NE 12-4 They're still the class of the division, the defense will regress but they got Brady, BB, Gronk and others.
Miami 10-6 I could see them being anywhere between 7-9 and 11-5, think the addition of Suh takes them to the playoffs.
Buffalo 7-9 Taylor not there yet, they could surprise if the OLine creates holes in the run game.
NYJ 5-11 Think they will be in every game but Fitzpatrick makes way too many mistakes and he will cost them a bunch of close games.

AFC North
Baltimore 11-5 Best OLine, Flacco is solid and their D as well. They might miss Torry Smith his PI yards were valuable
Pittsburgh 9-7 Don't trust their defense, the O should be fine and perhaps great.
Cleveland 7-9 Good Oline and defense, reasonable QB play and maybe they challenge for a WC
Cincinnati 5-11 Think the wheels finally fall off in Cincy.

AFC South
Indy 12-4 Stacked their team, Luck will be the top MVP candidate all season. Not sure they have what it takes in the playoffs though.
Houston 9-7 Hoyer will help, while the Titans and Jags are still poor they won't be gimmies anymore, they had a joke schedule last season.
Tennessee 5-11 They revamped their roster but long ways to go. Not sure what to expect really.
J'Ville 4-12 They'll improve again, Bortles should be better but they have such a losing mentality, they were mostly in blow outs last season, they should have closer games this year and that's a step in the right direction.

AFC West
Denver 10-6 Peyton's last year, he will regress numbers wise for sure, but their D could be top 5.
KC 10-6 I trust Reid and Smith has looked decent in pre season.
SD 9-7 Still have Rivers but their D looks porous.
Oakland 4-12 Carr isn't any good, 5.5 ypc is just terrible, but their D will keep them in games.

NFC East
Philly 13-3 Think it all comes together for them this season, thir D is underrated as well.
Dallas 11-5 Still got the OLine and a great offense. Think the D will be better in the secondary but they will be run on.
NYG 5-11 Defense is a mess, the offense will put up numbers but they can't run.
Wash 4-12 They'll regtet going to Cousins or not so they can go for the #1 pick in the draft.

NFC North
GB 11-5 They'll miss Nelson but Rodgers is too good.
Minnesota 8-8 Don't think we are there yet, think next year is a playoff season but I expect the OLine to struggle some and Teddy to struggle a little as well, DCs have a year of film on him. But I think we improve by seasons end.
Chicago 7-9 Fox brings some stability back to Chicago. Cutler might quietly have a good season.
Detroit 6-10 They'll miss Suh, OLine is poor as well.

NFC South
Atlanta 10-6 Their offense will do there thing, their D is much improved.
NO 9-7 They'll miss Graham and their D is ok
Carolina 6-10 Cam is their offense and their D is declining
Tampa 3-13 They got serious OLine issues not good for Winston

NFC West
Seattle 12-4 Defense still there and Wilson will grow as a QB once more. They do have OLine issues and with a couple of injuries they could fall back to 10-6 or even 9-7
San Francisco 9-7 They still got pieces, Kaepernick improves some and their D is decent.
St Louis 7-9 Their defense should terrorize teams. Offensively they'll be average.
Arizona 6-10 Their OLine is there undoing again.

These are some terrible picks thus far. Carolina, Arizona and Cincy are crushing my predictions. I thought OLine issues would doom Carolina and Az but they've been solid for both. Dalton has surprised me, I feel kind of foolish because Eifert is a great TE and Marvin Jones is very underrated. Th Eagles have been disapointing, figured the offense would be fine and the D would step up to be elite, well the D is close but Bradford is mediocre and the WRs are poor. Oakland as well have exceeded expectations.
Post #: 3436
RE: 2015 WR's. - 11/3/2015 12:38:32 AM   
Rob Viking

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob Viking

@ San Francisco L 20-17, 49ers at home will look to put there offseason turmoils behind them. Think their D shows up and snuffs out a late drive.
Detroit W 24-21 Lions lost something with Suh and they won't dominate us, the OLine specifically like last season at home.
San Diego W 31-24 Teddy throws 3 TDs has his best game of the season, Norv gives good insight on how to beat Rivers.
@ Denver L 31-16 Broncos D too strong in Mile High especially when they jump to an early lead.
BYE
Kansas City W 24-13 Off the bye AD has a big game controls things.
@ Detroit L 23-20 Lose a close one, but very important game, this might be the decider for the wild card.
@ Chicago L 27-24 We never win there, seriously never happens.
St. Louis W 24-6 We totally shut down their offense, and AD does his thing on the ground.
@ Oakland W23-9 Defense on a roll, destroy Carr and while Cooper has a good game they get only FGs
Green Bay L 34-31 Teddy goes toe to toe with Rodgers but Rodgers has the ball last.
@ Atlanta L 24-21 OT Tough loss at Atlanta but really this game can go either way
Seattle L 20-17 Another close loss, team plays well but falls short.
@ Arizona L Lose another close one on a short week going cross country. Could easily be a win if Palmer is out which I definitely could see happening behind that OLine.
Chicago W 34-13 Take out our lsoing streak against Cutler, AD goes off.
NY Giants W 38-24 Offense in high gear vs terrible defense, we rack up 500 yds
@ Green Bay L 24-17 Another solid performance as Rodgers needs a late TD to secure playoff positioning

I have us here at 7-9, in the predictions above I have 8-8 to balance out the W/L for the NFL. I see plenty of close losses, remains to be seen if the team has what it takes to win those games, Vikes being a young team I err on the side of caution with those "50/50" games (e.g. Atl, Az, @Chi, Det, SF).

I feel I have a decent handle of our boys but they pleasantly surprised me by winning two close division games on the road. I really don't know what to expect the next 6 games but this defense can handle any offense IMO. My biggest worry would be teams being able to run the ball like 9ers did but that hasn't happened since week 1. Go 6-3 and NFC North is a possibility.
Post #: 3437
RE: 2015 WR's. - 11/3/2015 12:47:41 AM   
JT2

You had us at 3-4. Your handle is not as decent as you think.
Post #: 3438
RE: 2015 WR's. - 11/3/2015 12:44:56 PM   
Rob Viking

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

You had us at 3-4. Your handle is not as decent as you think.

I had us spot on at 3-2, and thought we would lose two close ones in the division because that's what we've done in recent years. Glad to be wrong about that, I did feel these 2 games @Det and @Chi would be crucial.
Post #: 3439
RE: 2015 WR's. - 11/3/2015 1:41:06 PM   
Duane Sampson

I have a decent handle on thinking that someone would call you out for your "handle."
Post #: 3440
RE: 2015 WR's. - 11/3/2015 1:49:27 PM   
marty

I have been perfect so far, right on every game, had them at 5-2 at this point.

I HAD a decent handle, but am not sure if those before season predictions will continue to be right. I had them losing at home to the Rams, and now feel there is a good chance the Vikes win. I had them winning easily at Oakland, but Oakland right now looks better than I had expected. It's probably unrealistic to have expected wins at Atlanta and at Arizona, but we'll see. Either way, I suspect they'll probably end up around 9-7, maybe 10-6 if GB pulls their starters on the last game.
Post #: 3441
RE: 2015 WR's. - 12/10/2015 9:23:37 AM   
Mark Anderson

Nobody giving us a chance. Don't even bother to show up. Rest everybody.

Players take it personally and get 17-16 win tonight.
Post #: 3442
RE: 2015 WR's. - 12/10/2015 1:23:02 PM   
Brad H

quote:

I have been perfect so far, right on every game, had them at 5-2 at this point.

I HAD a decent handle, but am not sure if those before season predictions will continue to be right. I had them losing at home to the Rams, and now feel there is a good chance the Vikes win. I had them winning easily at Oakland, but Oakland right now looks better than I had expected. It's probably unrealistic to have expected wins at Atlanta and at Arizona, but we'll see. Either way, I suspect they'll probably end up around 9-7, maybe 10-6 if GB pulls their starters on the last game.

Still going with 8-8. Last week was devastating and now the injuries are mounting. The running back is calling out the coaching staff. The rest of the teams on the schedule are tough (even the Bears). If we win a game, it will be Chicago. Coughlin's Giants can score.

I would have changed my tune had I seen some changes in the offensive game plan, but I haven't seen them in 12 weeks and don't expect them at this point.

Post #: 3443
RE: 2015 WR's. - 12/10/2015 1:24:58 PM   
Brad H

quote:

Peterson didn't take it personally. He blamed it on the coaching staff. He's supposed to be the leader, right?

Post #: 3444
RE: 2015 WR's. - 12/10/2015 11:04:34 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

Peterson didn't take it personally. He blamed it on the coaching staff. He's supposed to be the leader, right?

Good point. He needs to shut his mouth after losses.
Post #: 3445
RE: 2015 WR's. - 12/11/2015 7:20:36 PM   
marty

No, Peterson is competitive like Moss. He is pointing his finger in the right direction; the Vikes should fire Norv Turner, and then consider firing Zimmer if the team doesn't showup against playoff teams.
Post #: 3446
RE: 2015 WR's. - 12/14/2015 12:04:01 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

No, Peterson is competitive like Moss. He is pointing his finger in the right direction; the Vikes should fire Norv Turner, and then consider firing Zimmer if the team doesn't showup against playoff teams.

Really? I get Norv. Not Zimmer. That's be cutting off the nose to spite the face.

Zimmer's got these guys playing pretty well. The Defense is his baby and they've been really good this year except for a couple games vs more mobile qbs.
Zimmer's not going anywhere.

and as long as he's here and Norv doesn't want to retire...Norv isn't either.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 3447
RE: 2015 WR's. - 12/14/2015 6:22:26 PM   
marty

Could the Vikes keep Zimmer as a DC when hiring a new HC, or is that just never done ?
Post #: 3448
RE: 2015 WR's. - 12/14/2015 6:34:53 PM   
Ian Joseph

Stop it.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 3449
RE: 2015 WR's. - 12/14/2015 11:14:55 PM   
Ian Joseph

Week 17 - Vikings @ Packers for the NFC North on SNF.

You heard it here first.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 3450
Page:   <<   < prev  136 137 [138] 139 140   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) Page: <<   < prev  136 137 [138] 139 140   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode