Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) Page: <<   < prev  153 154 [155] 156 157   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/12/2017 1:58:54 PM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Now let’s talk AFC

AFC South
Colts – Luck iffy, Defense more iffy, Doomed is a good prediction
Jaguars – Entire team iffy.
Texans – if they ever find a QB worth a shit they might have something here. Defense could be scary good with that Dline of Clowney, Mercilus and Watt. Good young WRs. But the QB situation is going to kill them. But I still think a WC is in their future.
Titans – Mariota takes the next step and this division is theirs.
Winner - Titans

AFC West
Chiefs – Andy Reid will always be a coach that gets his guys to the playoffs then find a way to choke it all away. Alex Smith is Alex Smith.
Raiders – If Carr continues to progress and stays healthy, it’s their division to lose.
Chargers – moving to LA, and finding new and inventive ways to underachieve and lose…will continue
Broncos – Defense isn’t what is used to be and QB situation could kill them.

Winner Raiders
AFC North
Cleveland – PLEASE
Bengals – Will do what they always do, make the playoffs then lose.
Ravens – not enough done to get back to the top.
Steelers – It’s theirs to lose.
Winner Steelers

AFC East
Bills – Suck
Dolphins – Sucking and now sucking more with Cutler
Jets – Trying to suck
Patriots – cruise to another winning season (something like their 18th in a row) as there is really no competition in their division.

Wild Cards
Bengals, Texans
Titans beat Bengals
Raiders beat Texans
Steelers beat Titans
Patriots beat Raiders
Steelers beat Patriots
Vikings beat Steelers for their first Superbowl title!!!

Patriots. No more conversation needed. Given their division, they start 6-0 and are nearly half way to home field advantage when the opening bell rings.

6-0 isn't happening anymore...

I still say they go 6-0 against the Jets, Dolphins and Bills. That was what I was referring to.

Having said that, last night was a pleasure. Not to sound hyperbolic, but Brady looked about 10 years older last night than he did in February. We could be watching the beginning of the end.

No, that's not what you said. You said they start 6-0. But whatever. 6-0 against the Jets, Bills and Dolphins is no stretch of a prediction at all. I agree they probably will, considering the absolute suckage the rest of the division is. Only team with a chance of doing anything in this division besides the Pats is the Phins. and I can't see it happening with the really doesn't want to be there Jay Cutler helming the offense.

"Given their division, they start 6-0 and are nearly half way to home field advantage when the opening bell rings."

What part of that statement is so hard to understand? Only a dumb-ass wouldn't understand that statement.

I'll try to dumb it down from now on for you people.

Given the New England Patriots play the Miami Dolphins, Buffalo Bills and New York Jets in two games of professional football throughout the course of the 2017 NFL football season, and have superior talent, it is akin to starting the season 6-0 before they ever take a snap from the center position. Therefore, it is almost as if they are starting the season with six wins against zero losses.

Is that dumbed down enough? Wait, akin may be too much for you guys. Shit, I'll have to edit again.

Lighten up Bradley.

Clearly you're just upset that Adam Theilen is more successful than you care to admit.

I'll take that response as an admission of stupidity.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 3851
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/12/2017 2:45:58 PM   
Tim Cady

Spot it you got it!

Go the extra mile, it's never crowded!
Post #: 3852
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/12/2017 3:53:46 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Now let’s talk AFC

AFC South
Texans – if they ever find a QB worth a shit they might have something here. Defense could be scary good with that Dline of Clowney, Mercilus and Watt. Good young WRs. But the QB situation is going to kill them. But I still think a WC is in their future.
Winner - Titans

AFC West
Chiefs – Andy Reid will always be a coach that gets his guys to the playoffs then find a way to choke it all away. Alex Smith is Alex Smith.
Raiders – If Carr continues to progress and stays healthy, it’s their division to lose.
Chargers – moving to LA, and finding new and inventive ways to underachieve and lose…will continue

Winner Raiders
AFC North
Cleveland – PLEASE
Winner Steelers

AFC East
Bills – Suck
Jets – Trying to suck
Patriots – cruise to another winning season (something like their 18th in a row) as there is really no competition in their division.

Wild Cards
Bengals, Texans
Titans beat Bengals
Raiders beat Texans
Steelers beat Titans
Patriots beat Raiders
Steelers beat Patriots

Patriots. No more conversation needed. Given their division, they start 6-0 and are nearly half way to home field advantage when the opening bell rings.

I still say they go 6-0 against the Jets, Dolphins and Bills. That was what I was referring to.

Having said that, last night was a pleasure. Not to sound hyperbolic, but Brady looked about 10 years older last night than he did in February. We could be watching the beginning of the end.

No, that's not what you said. You said they start 6-0. But whatever. 6-0 against the Jets, Bills and Dolphins is no stretch of a prediction at all. I agree they probably will, considering the absolute suckage the rest of the division is. Only team with a chance of doing anything in this division besides the Pats is the Phins. and I can't see it happening with the really doesn't want to be there Jay Cutler helming the offense.

"Given their division, they start 6-0 and are nearly half way to home field advantage when the opening bell rings."

What part of that statement is so hard to understand? Only a dumb-ass wouldn't understand that statement.

Given the New England Patriots play the Miami Dolphins, Buffalo Bills and New York Jets in two games of professional football throughout the course of the 2017 NFL football season, and have superior talent, it is akin to starting the season 6-0 before they ever take a snap from the center position. Therefore, it is almost as if they are starting the season with six wins against zero losses.

Is that dumbed down enough? Wait, akin may be too much for you guys. Shit, I'll have to edit again.

Lighten up Bradley.

Clearly you're just upset that Adam Theilen is more successful than you care to admit.

I'll take your response as as admission of your stupidity. for a poster that complains about everyone always talking about him instead of football etc blah blah blah, this is a really hypocritical response.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 3853
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/12/2017 4:18:46 PM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Now let’s talk AFC

AFC South
Winner - Titans

AFC West

Winner Raiders
AFC North
Cleveland – PLEASE
Winner Steelers

AFC East
Bills – Suck
Jets – Trying to suck

Wild Cards
Bengals, Texans
Titans beat Bengals
Raiders beat Texans
Steelers beat Titans
Patriots beat Raiders
Steelers beat Patriots

Lighten up Bradley.

I'll take your response as as admission of your stupidity. for a poster that complains about everyone always talking about him instead of football etc blah blah blah, this is a really hypocritical response.

Given we had a discussion going about the Patriot schedule, and you countered with an Adam Thielen comment, I'll take for granted you were no longer interested in looking like a fool, attempting to deflect the discussion in a different direction.

It's pretty easy, admit you were wrong. I've done it. Others have done it. Take your medicine and do it yourself. Remember, the cover-up is always worse than the crime.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 9/12/2017 4:22:55 PM >

Post #: 3854
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/12/2017 6:50:49 PM   
kgdabom

Vikings 27
Steelers 17

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3855
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/12/2017 6:51:43 PM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

Vikings 27
Steelers 17

I'm cautiously optimistic.

Post #: 3856
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/12/2017 7:13:53 PM   
Todd M

I think we'll need points out of the defense to pull this one out.

Without it could very well be a nail bitter that we could still win so we'll just have to see and hope for the best.
Post #: 3857
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/13/2017 5:08:36 AM   
Aaron Cross

Seeing Matt Birk is in his first season of HOF eligibility. Still look back at letting him go as the biggest blunder of the Childress years. Sullivan carved out an OK career, but was a massive weak link on that 2009 offensive line. Contributed greatly to their NFC championship game loss that season.

I don't remember the exact situation, but wasn't Birk's request that he'd opt against season ending hernia surgery in 2008, if they guaranteed his contract for 2009? And dumbo Childress wouldn't do it.
Post #: 3858
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/13/2017 3:24:41 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Now let’s talk AFC

AFC South
Winner - Titans

AFC West

Winner Raiders
AFC North
Cleveland – PLEASE
Winner Steelers

AFC East
Bills – Suck
Jets – Trying to suck

Wild Cards
Bengals, Texans
Titans beat Bengals
Raiders beat Texans
Steelers beat Titans
Patriots beat Raiders
Steelers beat Patriots

Lighten up Bradley.

Given we had a discussion going about the Patriot schedule, and you countered with an Adam Thielen comment, I'll take for granted you were no longer interested in looking like a fool, attempting to deflect the discussion in a different direction.

It's pretty easy, admit you were wrong. I've done it. Others have done it. Take your medicine and do it yourself. Remember, the cover-up is always worse than the crime.

I have many times admitted I am wrong. I wont here.

Take your medicine and drop this bullshit.

I've defended your nonsense in the past. Keep this shit going and I guarantee that shit will stop.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 3859
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/13/2017 4:55:35 PM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Now let’s talk AFC

AFC South
Winner - Titans

AFC West

Winner Raiders
AFC North
Cleveland – PLEASE
Winner Steelers

AFC East
Bills – Suck
Jets – Trying to suck

Wild Cards
Bengals, Texans
Titans beat Bengals
Raiders beat Texans
Steelers beat Titans
Patriots beat Raiders
Steelers beat Patriots

Lighten up Bradley.

I have many times admitted I am wrong. I wont here.

Take your medicine and drop this bullshit.

I've defended your nonsense in the past. Keep this shit going and I guarantee that shit will stop.

Sorry you didn't understand the point I was making in the original post. Most did. You didn't. Nuff said.

Post #: 3860
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/17/2017 7:58:14 AM   
Tim Cady

I have a Steeler buddy coming over for the game today. We figured we better get together since we both are looking at this as a preview to Super Bowl LII. I see that we added Sloter to the 53, dropped Exum. This says as much about Sloter as it does Bradford's health. While the MRI was negative the team talk, (might be misdirection) is Keenum might play and they would need Sloter as the backup. I also think they really like Sloter and are getting nervous about losing him. I am going with the Belief that Sam in fine. I am feeling that Zimmer on average gave up about 13 points a game to Pittsburgh when He was Cincy coordinator. A lot of things have changed so this probably doesn't mean anything but it does. I am feeling 31-13 Viking blowout road victory. Rhodes subdues Brown. We get pressure on Big Ben. Bell decent today but not midseason lather.

I think Cook has a big day and schools rookie TJ Watt on the edge. Watt will over pursue a few times today. Is today the day that Treadwell gets some looks? Not if they don't shut down Diggs and Thielen. If they start to cover DandT yes. Key matchups Rhodes/Brown and Barr/Bell. Griffen/Big Ben. Linval Joseph will have a big game up the middle. Pittsburgh has one of the better offensive lines in the NFL but we have one of the better defensive lines. In todays NFL better defensive line beats better offensive line. Same goes for Pittsburgh defensive line versus Vikings offensive line, with one exception, Bradford will get rid of ball sooner than Big Ben. Pittsburgh big man in middle is hampered.

We will have quick passing to set up Cook's running today. Cook will wear them down late. Vikings play with lead today. Pittsburgh has the ability to lay eggs during the season, under Tomlin, if they get down.

Yes this is my same post from the game day thread, I am going on the record. Calling shots all year!

Post #: 3861
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/17/2017 8:00:20 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Sloter has been practicing with the team and they probably like what they see.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 3862
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/17/2017 8:04:59 AM   
kgdabom

Assuming Bradford plays and shows no significant signs of injury I predict a vikings Victory 24-17.
If no Bradford I don't see Keenum pulling it out.
Steelers 23 Vikings 13.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3863
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/17/2017 8:06:14 AM   
Tim Cady

My feeling exactly Bruce. Which could be a really awesome story a couple of years from now. I have stated before we have great stories on this team. My favorite two are Dalvin Cook, Adam Thielen, and Diggs just to name a few on offense. Great over come adversity stories. Guys who overachieve their status (Diggs and Thielen) Cook overcoming a rough childhood, a couple of mistakes by association in college...On defense look at the Hunter story and probably the Bower story. Griffen is a story. If you can't I really like this team.

Post #: 3864
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/17/2017 11:39:58 AM   
Mark Anderson

1st Viking win for Keenum

Vikes 27-20

HSmith: Pick6

Cook and Thielen: TD each
Post #: 3865
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/17/2017 3:17:41 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

1st Viking win for Keenum

Vikes 27-20

HSmith: Pick6

Cook and Thielen: TD each

Just a bit outside.
Post #: 3866
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/17/2017 3:53:36 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

Assuming Bradford plays and shows no significant signs of injury I predict a vikings Victory 24-17.
Steelers 23 Vikings 13.

Not a bad prediction, here.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 3867
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/17/2017 3:56:12 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

quote:

Steelers 23 Vikings 13.

If Bradford comes back next week I'm willing to just throw today's game out. We were not favored anyway. If Bradford doesn't come back soon we're doomed.

Post #: 3868
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/17/2017 8:29:13 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

quote:

Steelers 23 Vikings 13.

Thanks Bruce. I don't think us losing without Bradford was hard to predict.

Reading the posts today it is just amazing how people are so passionate about Vikings football. One loss on the road against the team power ranked #1 in the NFL without our starting QB and the sky is falling. If Bradford comes back next week and stays healthy I expect us to resemble the week one team much more than the week two.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3869
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/18/2017 9:26:48 AM   
Tim Cady

My positivism could not will the team to a win. We languished more on defense and offense that I expected. My 31-13 Viking win was based Bradford playing, but I ultimately refused to give it up, I did not want to be negative. I was extremely disappointed in the defense. I was challenged by the offensive line play although I would argue that the line did not always know where Case K was. He is pretty quick to avoid the rush.

I did not like the way the game was called. Pretty tight calls. A couple of killer plays that could have been non calls. I saw some jersey tugging by the Pittsburgh offensive line on Sebastian Thunderbucket (Tom Johnson). When I get concerned with the officiating I know my team is not sharp.v Can't blame officials for mental errors (B Rob) I did struggle with the call on Trea Waynes, felt it was perfect with naked eye, only slomo did he appear early, just should have been good no call, based on what was transpiring when the Vikings were on offense. I felt Pittsburgh was given a little more leeway with our receivers. Now this is just a coincidence because to say the refs were calling one way tighter would be a conspiracy of marty proportions. At the end of the day we were flat. Big Ben got rid of the ball a little faster than I expected.

McKinnon For F"s sake. Take a knee this team would really like to start at the 25 versus the 9. You are not Cordarrell and even CP would take a knee most of the time. I am ready to dump him. Man it is a good thing we drafted Cook.

I am not ready to give up Waynes but he needs to play with more confidence. Like when Rhodes was getting called for being handsy in 2015, he kept being handsy took his penalities. Waynes gets a penalty and he plays scared of getting another one after that.

I predict this team is better than we saw yesterday, but I am a little concerned about how we handle adversity.

I predict that if Forbath continues to miss 33 yard extra points we are going to run him.

I hate the 33 yard extra points. Messes with flow of the game. I am with Gruden on that.

Post #: 3870
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 11/17/2017 8:32:40 PM   
Ricky J

DET @ CHI
Sun 1:00PM
Chi 1

BAL @ GB
Balt 2

JAX @ CLE Sun 1:00PM
Cle 3

ARI @ HOU
Ari 8

LAR @ MIN
Min 9

WSH @ NO
Wash 6

KC @ NYG
KC 13

TB @ MIA
Mia 4

BUF @ LAC
Sun 4:05PM
LAC 7

CIN @ DEN
Sun 4:25PM
Cin 5

NE @ OAK
Sun 4:25PM
NE 12

PHI @ DAL
Sun 8:30PM
Phi 11

ATL @ SEA
Mon 8:30PM
Atl 10

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 11/17/2017 8:35:37 PM >
Post #: 3871
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 11/24/2017 6:17:43 PM   
Mark Anderson

Browns beat Cincy in Cincy and Marvin Lewis is finally relieved of his duties.
Post #: 3872
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 11/24/2017 6:35:24 PM   
JT2

quote:

That's a solid prediction Mark. Probably one that many Bengals fans are hoping for.
Post #: 3873
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 11/24/2017 9:01:18 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

quote:

That's a solid prediction Mark. Probably one that many Bengals fans are hoping for.

Lewis and Billick are a lot like Doc Rivers and Thibs. Great together but can't do it on their own.
Post #: 3874
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 11/25/2017 8:39:33 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

quote:

It's the coaching carousel season, but I don't see a lot of NFL guys that will be let go this year. Lewis could be the next guy. The Giants aren't a team that usually makes snap decisions on coaches, so I think McAdoo could survive. He would be my first. Vance Joseph looks completely clueless in Denver. Adam Gase has had a tough year in Miami. Pagano has to be nearing the end in Indy. Jason Garrett in Dallas? It seems as if the Cowboys are disappointing almost every year.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 11/25/2017 8:44:22 AM >

Post #: 3875
Page:   <<   < prev  153 154 [155] 156 157   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) Page: <<   < prev  153 154 [155] 156 157   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode