Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) Page: <<   < prev  152 153 [154] 155 156   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/8/2017 3:20:18 PM   
Tim Cady

Question: Playoffs? Answer yes or no. Scott did superior analysis, I am like Joe Friday. Who and in what order.

NFC East
Giants – Yes
Eagles – No
Redskins – Yes
Cowboys – No

Winner – Giants WC: Washington

NFC South
What a mess.
Carolina - No
Saints – No
Buccaneers – Yes
Falcons- No (runner up SB curse)

Winner Bucs

NFC West
Cardinals – No
Rams – No
49ers – No
Seahawks – Yes although offensive line will require Russell Wilson to run for his life. His health means everything.
Winner Seahawks
NFC North
Bears – No
Lions – No
Packers – Yes, I expect the improved secondary they needed.
Vikings – Yes

Winner: Vikings WC Packers

NFC Wild cards
Washington and Packers

Packers beat Seattle first round
Bucs beat Washington
Vikings beat Bucs
Green Bay road warriors Giants
Vikings beat Packers at home to earn the right to play the Superbowl at home.

Now let’s talk AFC

AFC South
Colts – No
Jaguars – No
Texans – Yes
Titans – No Sweethearts for a most of season show inexperience down the stretch year away.
Winner - Texans

AFC West
Chiefs – Yes
Raiders – Yes
Chargers – Yes, SURPRISE
Broncos – No

Winner Raiders WC Chiefs and Chargers

AFC North
Cleveland – No
Bengals – No
Ravens – No
Steelers – Yes, Like Patriots will sleep walk through their division
Winner Steelers

AFC East
Bills – No
Dolphins – No
Jets – No
Patriots – Yes, Even after unexpected opening night loss they will duct tape it together and do what they do.

Wild Cards
Chargers and Cheifs

Chargers beat Texans
Raiders beat Cheifs
Steelers beat Raiders
Patriots beat Texans
Steelers beat Patriots

Vikings beat Steelers for their first Superbowl title at home! Sorry Scott but I agree with this part.

< Message edited by Tim Cady -- 9/8/2017 3:22:00 PM >

Go the extra mile, it's never crowded!
Post #: 3826
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/8/2017 3:45:44 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tim Cady

Question: Playoffs? Answer yes or no. Scott did superior analysis, I am like Joe Friday. Who and in what order.

NFC East
Giants – Yes
Eagles – No
Redskins – Yes
Cowboys – No

Winner – Giants WC: Washington

NFC South
What a mess.
Carolina - No
Saints – No
Buccaneers – Yes
Falcons- No (runner up SB curse)

Winner Bucs

NFC West
Cardinals – No
Rams – No
49ers – No
Seahawks – Yes although offensive line will require Russell Wilson to run for his life. His health means everything.
Winner Seahawks
NFC North
Bears – No
Lions – No
Packers – Yes, I expect the improved secondary they needed.
Vikings – Yes

Winner: Vikings WC Packers

NFC Wild cards
Washington and Packers

Packers beat Seattle first round
Bucs beat Washington
Vikings beat Bucs
Green Bay road warriors Giants
Vikings beat Packers at home to earn the right to play the Superbowl at home.

Now let’s talk AFC

AFC South
Colts – No
Jaguars – No
Texans – Yes
Titans – No Sweethearts for a most of season show inexperience down the stretch year away.
Winner - Texans

AFC West
Chiefs – Yes
Raiders – Yes
Chargers – Yes, SURPRISE
Broncos – No

Winner Raiders WC Chiefs and Chargers

AFC North
Cleveland – No
Bengals – No
Ravens – No
Steelers – Yes, Like Patriots will sleep walk through their division
Winner Steelers

AFC East
Bills – No
Dolphins – No
Jets – No
Patriots – Yes, Even after unexpected opening night loss they will duct tape it together and do what they do.

Wild Cards
Chargers and Cheifs

Chargers beat Texans
Raiders beat Cheifs
Steelers beat Raiders
Patriots beat Texans
Steelers beat Patriots

Vikings beat Steelers for their first Superbowl title at home! Sorry Scott but I agree with this part.

Are you apologizing for agreeing with me?

I take that as a compliment, sir.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 3827
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/8/2017 3:49:26 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

Now let’s talk AFC

AFC South
Colts – Luck iffy, Defense more iffy, Doomed is a good prediction
Jaguars – Entire team iffy.
Texans – if they ever find a QB worth a shit they might have something here. Defense could be scary good with that Dline of Clowney, Mercilus and Watt. Good young WRs. But the QB situation is going to kill them. But I still think a WC is in their future.
Titans – Mariota takes the next step and this division is theirs.
Winner - Titans

AFC West
Chiefs – Andy Reid will always be a coach that gets his guys to the playoffs then find a way to choke it all away. Alex Smith is Alex Smith.
Raiders – If Carr continues to progress and stays healthy, it’s their division to lose.
Chargers – moving to LA, and finding new and inventive ways to underachieve and lose…will continue
Broncos – Defense isn’t what is used to be and QB situation could kill them.

Winner Raiders
AFC North
Cleveland – PLEASE
Bengals – Will do what they always do, make the playoffs then lose.
Ravens – not enough done to get back to the top.
Steelers – It’s theirs to lose.
Winner Steelers

AFC East
Bills – Suck
Dolphins – Sucking and now sucking more with Cutler
Jets – Trying to suck
Patriots – cruise to another winning season (something like their 18th in a row) as there is really no competition in their division.

Wild Cards
Bengals, Texans
Titans beat Bengals
Raiders beat Texans
Steelers beat Titans
Patriots beat Raiders
Steelers beat Patriots
Vikings beat Steelers for their first Superbowl title!!!

Patriots. No more conversation needed. Given their division, they start 6-0 and are nearly half way to home field advantage when the opening bell rings.

6-0 isn't happening anymore...

I still say they go 6-0 against the Jets, Dolphins and Bills. That was what I was referring to.

Having said that, last night was a pleasure. Not to sound hyperbolic, but Brady looked about 10 years older last night than he did in February. We could be watching the beginning of the end.

No, that's not what you said. You said they start 6-0. But whatever. 6-0 against the Jets, Bills and Dolphins is no stretch of a prediction at all. I agree they probably will, considering the absolute suckage the rest of the division is. Only team with a chance of doing anything in this division besides the Pats is the Phins. and I can't see it happening with the really doesn't want to be there Jay Cutler helming the offense.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 3828
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/8/2017 3:58:19 PM   
Tim Cady

Full compliment Scott. I have had Vikings/Steeler thunder and I have not been able to shake all off-season. I had it a little last year, as well. Remember when we were both 0-3 playing in London? I was thinking right then we were both better, and that we were going to crescendo to the positive at the same time.

< Message edited by Tim Cady -- 9/8/2017 4:02:24 PM >

Post #: 3829
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/8/2017 5:40:30 PM   
Todd M

I can tell Brad meant 6-0 in their back pocket to start the season (in their shit division) not 6 wins 0 losses in their first 6 games.
Post #: 3830
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/8/2017 5:45:19 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

I can tell Brad meant 6-0 in their back pocket to start the season (in their shit division) not 6 wins 0 losses in their first 6 games.

I will back Todd's interpretation here. Despite the fact that Brad literally said they start 6-0 the intent does seem like he meant they will have 6 wins from their division. It's still fun mocking Brad and he likes the attention. Win/Win.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3831
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/8/2017 8:47:48 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

and SB champs.
Post #: 3832
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/9/2017 8:22:44 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: McMurfy

Not trying to be a Dick here, but I see trouble scoring at least in Week 1.
The defense tires, we're all pissed and Peterson after being bottled up all day, breaks one late.

24-9 Saints
Peterson 121 yards and a TD on 19 carries.
(62 on one score, which is buried in the post game fellatio he receives)

Vikings bounce back to win the Division at 11-5 with Soter at QB from week 7 on.

Team loses in the NFC title game to Seattle 23-20.

This is just so negative I don't know what to say. When was the last time New Orleans held any team to less than ten points. Rhetorical question I don't know the answer, but there defense is terrible and we will score more than 20.

Keep in mind what our offense looked like this PS.

We got throttled by a 2-14 team in our own building and our #1 offense couldn't do anything.

That was preseason and doesn't mean anything. Our offense will be better than last year done deal. My prediction Vikings 24 saints 17.

First off I hope your right. Actually might be harder for them to be worse than last year.

Not sure what your basing this on other than thick purple goggles though.

Facts are our #1 offense could only muster 3 pts all preseason against vanilla defenses.

Defenses aren't going to lay down once the games start counting.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 3833
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/9/2017 3:22:17 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

I will back Todd's interpretation here. Despite the fact that Brad literally said they start 6-0 the intent does seem like he meant they will have 6 wins from their division. It's still fun mocking Brad and he likes the attention. Win/Win.

He meant they were 6-0 before the season even started because of their weak division and it was obvious that's what he meant. OB-VEEEEEEEEEEEE-OUS.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 3834
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/9/2017 3:36:59 PM  1 votes
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

quote:

He meant they were 6-0 before the season even started because of their weak division and it was obvious that's what he meant. OB-VEEEEEEEEEEEE-OUS.

But he said start the season 6-0. Literal interpretation he is already wrong.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3835
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/9/2017 6:49:06 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

But actually he typed it and didn't say it. Literally. Literal interpretation you are already wrong.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 3836
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/9/2017 6:58:56 PM  1 votes
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

But actually he typed it and didn't say it. Literally. Literal interpretation you are already wrong.

Honest question. Is spoken said but printed written typed not said?

Edit: Did the research.

First definition I found. Did not refer to spoken printed or typed but inferred to printed as said agreements are more likely to be written printed or typed in some way rather than spoken.

past and past participle of say.
adjective
used in legal language or humorously to refer to someone or something already mentioned or named.
"acting in pursuance of the said agreement"

However digging deeper into the definition of say it uses the term utter which is vocal.

utter words so as to convey information, an opinion, a feeling or intention, or an instruction.
"“Thank you,” he said"
synonyms: speak, utter, voice, pronounce, give voice to, vocalize

However one can give voice to something in print.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 9/9/2017 7:08:49 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3837
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/9/2017 10:21:31 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

He may have said it. Maybe he's a mouth typer.
Post #: 3838
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/11/2017 10:17:48 PM   
Tim Cady

I forgot my Vikings record prediction. I was as high as 15-1 after the draft, I have tamed it to 13-3. I was going to drop to 11-5 but after tonight and the offensive line, Bradford and Cook, and Diggs and Adam I ok with 13-3. That is my final answer.

Oh yeah Rhodes might be most valuable player on defense. What a difference when he cramps up and is out.

Loving Cook as much if not more than I thought I would.

Post #: 3839
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/11/2017 11:36:21 PM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Now let’s talk AFC

AFC South
Texans – if they ever find a QB worth a shit they might have something here. Defense could be scary good with that Dline of Clowney, Mercilus and Watt. Good young WRs. But the QB situation is going to kill them. But I still think a WC is in their future.
Winner - Titans

AFC West
Chiefs – Andy Reid will always be a coach that gets his guys to the playoffs then find a way to choke it all away. Alex Smith is Alex Smith.
Raiders – If Carr continues to progress and stays healthy, it’s their division to lose.
Chargers – moving to LA, and finding new and inventive ways to underachieve and lose…will continue

Winner Raiders
AFC North
Cleveland – PLEASE
Winner Steelers

AFC East
Bills – Suck
Jets – Trying to suck
Patriots – cruise to another winning season (something like their 18th in a row) as there is really no competition in their division.

Wild Cards
Bengals, Texans
Titans beat Bengals
Raiders beat Texans
Steelers beat Titans
Patriots beat Raiders
Steelers beat Patriots

Patriots. No more conversation needed. Given their division, they start 6-0 and are nearly half way to home field advantage when the opening bell rings.

I still say they go 6-0 against the Jets, Dolphins and Bills. That was what I was referring to.

Having said that, last night was a pleasure. Not to sound hyperbolic, but Brady looked about 10 years older last night than he did in February. We could be watching the beginning of the end.

No, that's not what you said. You said they start 6-0. But whatever. 6-0 against the Jets, Bills and Dolphins is no stretch of a prediction at all. I agree they probably will, considering the absolute suckage the rest of the division is. Only team with a chance of doing anything in this division besides the Pats is the Phins. and I can't see it happening with the really doesn't want to be there Jay Cutler helming the offense.

"Given their division, they start 6-0 and are nearly half way to home field advantage when the opening bell rings."

What part of that statement is so hard to understand? Only a dumb-ass wouldn't understand that statement.

I'll try to dumb it down from now on for you people.

Given the New England Patriots play the Miami Dolphins, Buffalo Bills and New York Jets in two games of professional football throughout the course of the 2017 NFL football season, and have superior talent, it is akin to starting the season 6-0 before they ever take a snap from the center position. Therefore, it is almost as if they are starting the season with six wins against zero losses.

Is that dumbed down enough? Wait, akin may be too much for you guys. Shit, I'll have to edit again.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 9/11/2017 11:45:15 PM >

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 3840
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/12/2017 8:19:37 AM   
McMurfy

Glad I was wrong.

The Curse of Mauer is gone!
Post #: 3841
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/12/2017 9:00:31 AM   
Tim Cady

quote:

Vikings win 29-17. The score will be closer than the game feels. The Saints will get a touchdown early and a garbage one late. Defense will adjust after the Saints first drive and then it will be over. We will have success running the ball and execute a couple of play action passes over the top for two of the touchdowns. Cook will be a workhorse. He will get a rushing touchdown from more than 10 yards out. Throw in 3 field goals and a safety and we are all happy on Monday night.

This is not at San Fran 10PM our time. This game is at home against the Aints. Drew Brees will have to beat our defense by himself and while I love Drew Brees, I really do...I see him struggling by his standards against us.

We will hack at the ball early and that will slow ALLDayrian down to a pedestrian speeds on his 8 or 9 carries, because that is the scouting report on him, he carries the ball loose and as soon as you hack at it he focuses on holding it closer and that changes his ability to focus all his energy on his running speed.

PosiTimothy has spoken!

From 9-7-2017.

I was looking for a trumpet to toot my own horn. Pretty happy with the vibe before and even more after the game. I fully concede this a blind squirrel finds an acorn moment, but I am pleased the PosiTimothy feelings have resurfaced in a 1998 sort of way. This team is complete folks. We avoid the injury bug we are going to be tough to beat. We need Rhodes every snap, get some damn hydration this week because the only thing that can beat us next week is Antonio Brown

< Message edited by Tim Cady -- 9/12/2017 9:02:42 AM >

Post #: 3842
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/12/2017 9:04:58 AM   
SoMnFan

Great call Timbo. Thought I had read a pretty close prediction somewhere.
That was it!
Post #: 3843
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/12/2017 9:52:42 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Now let’s talk AFC

AFC South
Winner - Titans

AFC West

Winner Raiders
AFC North
Cleveland – PLEASE
Winner Steelers

AFC East
Bills – Suck
Jets – Trying to suck

Wild Cards
Bengals, Texans
Titans beat Bengals
Raiders beat Texans
Steelers beat Titans
Patriots beat Raiders
Steelers beat Patriots

"Given their division, they start 6-0 and are nearly half way to home field advantage when the opening bell rings."

What part of that statement is so hard to understand? Only a dumb-ass wouldn't understand that statement.

I'll try to dumb it down from now on for you people.

Given the New England Patriots play the Miami Dolphins, Buffalo Bills and New York Jets in two games of professional football throughout the course of the 2017 NFL football season, and have superior talent, it is akin to starting the season 6-0 before they ever take a snap from the center position. Therefore, it is almost as if they are starting the season with six wins against zero losses.

Is that dumbed down enough? Wait, akin may be too much for you guys. Shit, I'll have to edit again.

Lighten up Bradley.

Clearly you're just upset that Adam Theilen is more successful than you care to admit.

Post #: 3844
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/12/2017 10:57:41 AM   
Tim Cady

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Great call Timbo. Thought I had read a pretty close prediction somewhere.
That was it!

Thanks Buddy! I can always count on you for a pat on the back!

Post #: 3845
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/12/2017 11:26:31 AM   
SoMnFan

Still got that sweet Vikings jacket you were wearing the first time I met ya?
I wouldn't slap your back on the logo ....
Post #: 3846
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/12/2017 1:16:16 PM   
bgdavis

quote:

Vikings win 29-17. The score will be closer than the game feels. The Saints will get a touchdown early and a garbage one late. Defense will adjust after the Saints first drive and then it will be over. We will have success running the ball and execute a couple of play action passes over the top for two of the touchdowns. Cook will be a workhorse. He will get a rushing touchdown from more than 10 yards out. Throw in 3 field goals and a safety and we are all happy on Monday night.

This is not at San Fran 10PM our time. This game is at home against the Aints. Drew Brees will have to beat our defense by himself and while I love Drew Brees, I really do...I see him struggling by his standards against us.

We will hack at the ball early and that will slow ALLDayrian down to a pedestrian speeds on his 8 or 9 carries, because that is the scouting report on him, he carries the ball loose and as soon as you hack at it he focuses on holding it closer and that changes his ability to focus all his energy on his running speed.

PosiTimothy has spoken!

Pretty damn close there, Tim! Final score within 2, and nailed the actual Vikings tally. Garbage TD. Defense adjusting after first Saints drive (though arguably they played pretty much the same way for most of the game outside of late game prevent D). Success running the ball. Executed Play action for at least 1 TD. Cook was a workhorse. 3 FGs.

Heimdall kept the “ringing” horn, Gjallarhorn, which could be heard throughout heaven, earth, and the lower world; he would sound the horn to summon the gods when their enemies drew near.
(Norse mythology)
Post #: 3847
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/12/2017 1:43:57 PM   
Tim Cady

quote:

Can you believe I lost a little weight, it was a little large and I gave that Jacket in a weak moment of sentimentality to my son in law?

Post #: 3848
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/12/2017 1:45:52 PM   
Tim Cady

Thanks bg! Sweet horn!

Post #: 3849
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/12/2017 1:56:33 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

Can you believe I lost a little weight, it was a little large and I gave that Jacket in a weak moment of sentimentality to my son in law?

Because you're a nice guy, of course I believe that.
Post #: 3850
Page:   <<   < prev  152 153 [154] 155 156   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) Page: <<   < prev  152 153 [154] 155 156   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode