Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) Page: <<   < prev  158 159 [160] 161 162   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/21/2018 9:18:49 AM   
Bill Jandro

Vikings 17
Eagles 13

Jax 24
NE 21

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 3976
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/21/2018 4:27:38 PM   
marty

Originally I was hoping the Eagles get some ticky tack calls in their favor in the 1st half, and then the officiating would then probably favor the Vikes in the 2nd half.

I think differently about that now. I actually hope there is a bias against the Vikes in the 4th quarter. I think several personalities on this team thrive on things going against them, people giving up on them, and they rise to the occasion.
Post #: 3977
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/21/2018 5:07:13 PM   
bgdavis

quote:

ORIGINAL: bgdavis

In the other game, I think JAX will prove to be a handful for NE, but unlike PIT, NE will make just enough big plays to win.

NE: 24
JAX: 20

DING!!!

Heimdall kept the “ringing” horn, Gjallarhorn, which could be heard throughout heaven, earth, and the lower world; he would sound the horn to summon the gods when their enemies drew near.
(Norse mythology)
Post #: 3978
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/21/2018 5:08:29 PM   
69in09

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Originally I was hoping the Eagles get some ticky tack calls in their favor in the 1st half, and then the officiating would then probably favor the Vikes in the 2nd half.

I think differently about that now. I actually hope there is a bias against the Vikes in the 4th quarter. I think several personalities on this team thrive on things going against them, people giving up on them, and they rise to the occasion.

Really? You hope for that?

How about we just win it going away and the only "controversy" is whether we give up a garbage time TD or not?

This is my burner account.
Post #: 3979
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/21/2018 5:09:20 PM   
69in09

quote:

quote:

In the other game, I think JAX will prove to be a handful for NE, but unlike PIT, NE will make just enough big plays to win.

DING!!!

Do that again!!!

This is my burner account.
Post #: 3980
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/21/2018 10:52:38 PM   
bgdavis

quote:

ORIGINAL: 69in09

quote:

quote:

DING!!!

Do that again!!!

Wish I could have, but whatever prognosticating luck I had for the weekend was unfortunately blown entirely on the AFC game. Curse you fickle NFL gods!

Heimdall kept the “ringing” horn, Gjallarhorn, which could be heard throughout heaven, earth, and the lower world; he would sound the horn to summon the gods when their enemies drew near.
(Norse mythology)
Post #: 3981
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 2/13/2018 10:00:52 PM   
marty

QBs:

Cousins - Vikings
Keenum - Arizona
Bradford - NY Jets
Bridgewater - Denver
Sloter - Vikings
Post #: 3982
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 3/29/2018 8:03:41 PM   
marty

I don't think Cousins will get the Vikes a SB win his 1st season. I think 10-6, and loss in their 1st playoff game.

The Vikes have a brutal schedule, Philly is still loaded and the Rams loaded up. Playing NE is never a good thing, as they likely give future opponents a blueprint for how to beat you.

The only thing I like about the Rams getting Suh, is the Vikes might get the upper hand regarding officiating in a playoff game.

I could see the Vikes winning the SB year 2 Cousins, with lowered expectations, and likely less blue chip talent.

< Message edited by marty -- 3/29/2018 8:05:21 PM >
Post #: 3983
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 3/29/2018 8:11:44 PM   
marty

The Vikings have a great regular season defense that is mediocre to poor in the playoffs.

Philly, the Rams and NOs are loaded. Carolina, SF, GB, Seattle, Atlanta or Dallas, are all teams that could end up beating the Vikings mediocre playoff defense with one drive, one miracle play, based on their having good QBs, QBs that might be better than Cousins in the playoffs.

I hope that Richardson can help to immensely improve the Vikings playoff defense. Let's hope for the best.
Post #: 3984
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 3/29/2018 9:15:46 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

The Vikings have a great regular season defense that is mediocre to poor in the playoffs.

Philly, the Rams and NOs are loaded. Carolina, SF, GB, Seattle, Atlanta or Dallas, are all teams that could end up beating the Vikings mediocre playoff defense with one drive, one miracle play, based on their having good QBs, QBs that might be better than Cousins in the playoffs.

I hope that Richardson can help to immensely improve the Vikings playoff defense. Let's hope for the best.

Whatever.... Whatever.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3985
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 4/26/2018 10:00:28 AM  2 votes
marty

I don't know enough about the draft to fill out a decent challenge entry.

I went through the list of prospects, and my gut says the Vikes will pick the guy named Wynn.

The Vikings will Wynn the Super Bowl in Cousin's 2nd year.

I know it's very early, but gonna go with the Phillies winning the World Series this year.
Post #: 3986
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 4/26/2018 11:08:12 AM   
marty

Has any QB ever won a Super Bowl his first year with a team ?
Post #: 3987
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 4/26/2018 12:19:01 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

Has any QB ever won a Super Bowl his first year with a team ?

I wondered if Kurt Warner did and it turned out to be his second year with the team. Tom Brady Second year. Those were two I thought may have done it first year with the team, but neither did. Randall Cunningham should have with the Vikings.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3988
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 4/27/2018 12:07:33 AM   
marty

You mean after Randall led that improbable playoff win over the Giants, and then lost to SF ?

Maybe Cousins can be the first QB to win a SB his first year with a team ?

Unless it has happened before ???
Post #: 3989
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 8/28/2018 4:42:09 PM   
marty

Mike Priefer <> Mike Zimmer = Richard Solomon <> Dennis Green

I think Priefer will be on the hot seat next offseason, unless the Vikings win the Super Bowl.

I think Hill and Compton will be areas of weakness, along with Wayne's on defense. They'll let go of Waynes next offseason, unless both Hughes and Hill can't stay healthy.

I suspect Rhodes is going to have an off year, but he will probably make his share of plays, even on an off year.

More than the OL, I am concerned about Cook staying healthy, Murray fumbling (he did fumble a few with Oakland), Cousins in the red zone, and Cousins in the clutch. If these concerns are alleviated, this year's team has the possibility of an exciting upside, could end up being a magical season similar to '98, but more balanced.
Post #: 3990
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 8/29/2018 6:17:37 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

I think Priefer will be on the hot seat next offseason, unless the Vikings win the Super Bowl.

I think Hill and Compton will be areas of weakness, along with Wayne's on defense. They'll let go of Waynes next offseason, unless both Hughes and Hill can't stay healthy.

I suspect Rhodes is going to have an off year, but he will probably make his share of plays, even on an off year.

More than the OL, I am concerned about Cook staying healthy, Murray fumbling (he did fumble a few with Oakland), Cousins in the red zone, and Cousins in the clutch. If these concerns are alleviated, this year's team has the possibility of an exciting upside, could end up being a magical season similar to '98, but more balanced.

I think Waynes is going to take another step and have a pro bowl year

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 3991
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 8/29/2018 9:14:01 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

Murray has never been a fumbler. Marty you always seem to be looking for gloom and doom where it doesn't exist.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3992
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 8/29/2018 9:24:11 AM   
marty

Not looking for doom and gloom, just looking at weaknesses and making a few guesses.

As I also stated, I am quite excited what this talented team could bring, an undefeated season is a possibility.

I like the idea of gambling a little bit with the OL, that is the one area you might get by gambling on, if your QB has a quick enough release. The other areas on this team are pretty strong, should be fun to watch.
Post #: 3993
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 8/29/2018 10:32:01 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

Not looking for doom and gloom, just looking at weaknesses and making a few guesses.

As I also stated, I am quite excited what this talented team could bring, an undefeated season is a possibility.

I like the idea of gambling a little bit with the OL, that is the one area you might get by gambling on, if your QB has a quick enough release. The other areas on this team are pretty strong, should be fun to watch.

So undefeated is possible, but what you expect is a 1-4 start followed by 11 wins in a row. Very strange Marty. Funny thing is you and I expect the same. a 12-4 regular season.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3994
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 8/29/2018 10:34:11 AM   
kgdabom

My official prediction for week one is Vikings 31 49ers 13.
My official prediction for the season. 19-0. NFL Champs.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3995
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/5/2018 11:14:25 AM   
Trekgeekscott

OK time for Predictions

We will start with the AFC

East
Does anyone think the Patriots wont walk all over this division again? Patriots have for pretty much 18 years owned this division. And nothing is changing about that.

Bills – are starting Pederman at QB. Nuff said.
Jets – went with a rookie when better veteran options exist at QB. They aren’t even trying this year.
Dolphins – They traded away their best player and their QB is coming off an ACL tear. They aren’t even trying.
It’s the Patriots division to lose and they will have to try real hard to do so.

North
Bold prediction – Browns will win at least one game this year. And I think will surprise a few people and win a few more. But they will still suck.
Bengals – Dalton will get hurt and they wont have McCarron to back him up. Defense can still be good.
Ravens are in transistion imho. Moving from Flacco to Jackson etc. Their best Defensive player is getting old.
Pittsburgh – well it’s their division to lose, only problem here is old Rapistburger is getting up there in age and they can’t seem to get one of their best offensive playmakers on the field cause they don’t want to pay him. But like the Patriots there will be little to no competition for the Division title.

South
Colts – Rusty Luck and no defense. Yeah. Their formidable
Jaguars – team to beat without question. Great defense (top two or three in the NFL) the big thing that could derail this train is Blake Bortles but he only really has to be Trent Dilfer/Brad Johnson and not make too many mistakes..
Titans – Young, not there yet.
Texans – This is going to be entirely based on how Deshawn Watson does coming off the ACL. First Wildcard here.
West
Raiders - Chucky’s back and he’s rebuilding. Just traded away his best defensive player (and one of the best in the league). He’s clearly not working to win much this year, but he will have them competitive
Denver – Their defense should be good. Relying on Case Keenum could be brilliant or disastrous. Not counting on them returning to Superbowl form.
Chiefs – Risky going with the young QB. Need to stay healthy and if they can and Mahomes plays well this is one team that will compete for the Division title
Chargers – Rivers finally wins something here. The Chargers are going to vie for the division with the Chiefs. I think they end up winning the Div with KC winning the other wildcard.

Wild card weekend
Steelers beat Chiefs
Texans beat Chargers
Division round
Steelers beat Patriots on a controversial play
Jaguars dominate Texans
Championship round
Jags whoop Steelers
Jags in the Superbowl.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 3996
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/5/2018 11:33:44 AM   
Trekgeekscott

OK time for Predictions

Now the NFC

West
Cardinals – Bradford at QB, will be good until the inevitable ouchy on his knee. Then they will fade out.
Seahawks – the Bravado is gone. They are losing players as they age, but Wilson is like Rodgers and he will always give his team a chance.
Rams – team to beat. Young, high scoring, decent defense. But also potential to plummet back to earth after last year’s surprise success.
49ers – a year away yet. Adding Sherman helps defense to a point but it wont be enough. The luster will wear off Jimmy G by week 6.

South
Oh lordy.
Pathers – Cam Newton is good enough when not pouting to carry a team and he will have more success this year with the hit rules protecting him more. Kuechly is a stud on defense until the inevitable concussion
Falcons – scary good offense. If the defense can be average they will be tough.
Saints – Brees looking for that one last swan song, plus youmg defense and Alvin Kamara is a star
Buccaneers – Chaos. This is the whipping dog of the division. Winston suspended. Sorry Tampa fans.
This division is tough to call. Saints with the exception of Brees is young and hungry and Brees wants that one last shot. Cam is going to make waves this year. But I think the Falcons win the division as they are more balanced overall. With both the Saints and Panthers fighting for a wildcard

East
Eagles – Gotta give the champs props they are the favorite if their QB situation doesn’t hold them back.
Giants – first year of recovery from being Macadoo’d. Barkley will be fun to watch but they even know they aren’t competing this year.
Redskins – always find ways to underachieve.
Cowboys – With a full year of Elliot and being rid of cancer Bryant may be the Eagles only real competition.
In a surprise the Eagles stumble and the Cowboys win the division

North.
Rodgers is back and they added a playmaking TE. Other than that they still have Rodgers and if he goes down their season is doomed. But with him they contend.
Lions
New coach will generate excitement, and Stafford will be Stafford and singlehandedly win them a few games.
Bears,
New coach, New talent on Offense, SCARY ASS COMBINATION OF LBS on defense will make waves
Vikings
Total package. I might be a bit biased but this team is loaded with talent and just chomping at the bit to put the NFC title game behind them.

Vikings win the division, Bears LBs ruin Rodgers season, Lions and Bears make strides to be better and this division returns to black and blue. But only the Vikings make the playoffs.

Wild card
Saints beat Cowboys
Falcons beat Panthers
Division Round
Vikings beat Falcons
Saints beat Rams
Title game at US BANK STADIUM
Vikings don’t need a miracle this time and trounce Saints Ruining Brees swan song

Vikings and Jags in a matchup of the two best Defenses in the NFL and the Vikings win on a FG by Carlson at the end 24-21.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 3997
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/5/2018 11:48:43 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

OK time for Predictions

Now the NFC

West
Cardinals – Bradford at QB, will be good until the inevitable ouchy on his knee. Then they will fade out.
Seahawks – the Bravado is gone. They are losing players as they age, but Wilson is like Rodgers and he will always give his team a chance.
Rams – team to beat. Young, high scoring, decent defense. But also potential to plummet back to earth after last year’s surprise success.
49ers – a year away yet. Adding Sherman helps defense to a point but it wont be enough. The luster will wear off Jimmy G by week 6.

South
Oh lordy.
Pathers – Cam Newton is good enough when not pouting to carry a team and he will have more success this year with the hit rules protecting him more. Kuechly is a stud on defense until the inevitable concussion
Falcons – scary good offense. If the defense can be average they will be tough.
Saints – Brees looking for that one last swan song, plus youmg defense and Alvin Kamara is a star
Buccaneers – Chaos. This is the whipping dog of the division. Winston suspended. Sorry Tampa fans.
This division is tough to call. Saints with the exception of Brees is young and hungry and Brees wants that one last shot. Cam is going to make waves this year. But I think the Falcons win the division as they are more balanced overall. With both the Saints and Panthers fighting for a wildcard

East
Eagles – Gotta give the champs props they are the favorite if their QB situation doesn’t hold them back.
Giants – first year of recovery from being Macadoo’d. Barkley will be fun to watch but they even know they aren’t competing this year.
Redskins – always find ways to underachieve.
Cowboys – With a full year of Elliot and being rid of cancer Bryant may be the Eagles only real competition.
In a surprise the Eagles stumble and the Cowboys win the division

North.
Rodgers is back and they added a playmaking TE. Other than that they still have Rodgers and if he goes down their season is doomed. But with him they contend.
Lions
New coach will generate excitement, and Stafford will be Stafford and singlehandedly win them a few games.
Bears,
New coach, New talent on Offense, SCARY ASS COMBINATION OF LBS on defense will make waves
Vikings
Total package. I might be a bit biased but this team is loaded with talent and just chomping at the bit to put the NFC title game behind them.

Vikings win the division, Bears LBs ruin Rodgers season, Lions and Bears make strides to be better and this division returns to black and blue. But only the Vikings make the playoffs.

Wild card
Saints beat Cowboys
Falcons beat Panthers
Division Round
Vikings beat Falcons
Saints beat Rams
Title game at US BANK STADIUM
Vikings don’t need a miracle this time and trounce Saints Ruining Brees and flinging the door open for Teddy in 2019

Vikings and Jags in a matchup of the two best Defenses in the NFL and the Vikings win on a FG by Carlson at the end 24-21.

Fixed it for you.
Post #: 3998
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/6/2018 1:37:30 AM   
marty

AFC

EAST
Patriots 12-4:
Bills 9-7:
Jets 7-9:
Fish 4-12:

NORTH
Steelers 11-5:
Ravens 9-7:
Bengals 7-9:
Browns 2-14:

SOUTH
Jaguars 13-3:
Texans 10-6:
Titans 8-8 :
Colts 6-10:
WEST
Broncos 11-5:
Chargers 10-6:
Chiefs 7-9:
Raiders 4-12:

NFC

EAST
Eagles10-6:
Giants 9-7:
Dallas 7-9:
Washington 3-13:

NORTH
Packers 11-5:
Vikings 11-5: 1-4 start, was originally thinking followed by 11 wins in a row, but they'll probably have an off game in there somewhere
Bears 9-7:
Lions 4-12:

SOUTH
Panthers 11-5:
Saints 10-6:
Falcons 9-7:
Bucs 6-10:

WEST
SF 12-4: Garapollo is for real until evidence proves otherwise
Rams 11-5:
Seahawks 9-7:
Cardinals 5-11:

AFC

Pitts over SD, Broncos over Texans
Jax over Pitts, Denver over NE
Jax over Denver

NFC
Rams over Vikings Eagles over Packers
Rams over Panthers Eagles over 49ers
Rams over Eagles

SUPER BOWL
Jax over Rams

RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/6/2018 7:00:03 AM   
Todd M

I'll remind you when you're going off on one of your tangents about how good this team is and what it can do that you had them wild card road losers in the first round.
Post #: 4000
Page:   <<   < prev  158 159 [160] 161 162   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) Page: <<   < prev  158 159 [160] 161 162   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode