Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: [Deleted]

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: [Deleted] Page: <<   < prev  28 29 [30] 31 32   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: [Deleted] - 2/9/2015 8:41:47 AM   
djskillz

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Winslow has looked much better of late.

Still not sold on Okafor. He doesn't appear to have any game outside of about 6 feet. He might have some of the best hands I've ever seen, and he's pretty nifty around the hoop, but buckets are going to be harder to get when he's not massively bigger than everyone he plays against.

I just don't think it's all about size for him. His footwork is as good as I've ever seen at the college level, even for seniors. I think his hand size hurts him some (it's like you or me holding a nerf ball), but I really believe he has a soft touch from 12-15 feet. He has the Duncan bank shot down. He just doesn't need/like to show it much, but it's there for the NBA level IMO. And it's worth remembering that he still just turned 19 six weeks ago. His game is going to expand even more, and his conditioning has improved from HS, but will go up another level for the NBA as well.

Winslow I still think is going to make a very good pro as well. Jones I'm not as sold on for the next level, but he could end up solid. I'm hoping that Grayson Allen shows more in the next 2 months as well. He has the talent; fantastic stroke and amazing athlete, but he needs it to translate to games.

< Message edited by djskillz -- 2/9/2015 9:16:10 AM >

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
Post #: 726
RE: [Deleted] - 2/9/2015 8:42:53 AM   
djskillz

Worth mentioning the passing of Dean Smith. Even from a Duke guy, Dean was amazing. A huge loss for both the sport and for educators/students everywhere.

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
Post #: 727
RE: [Deleted] - 2/9/2015 10:18:19 AM   
Jim Frenette

quote:

ORIGINAL: djskillz

Worth mentioning the passing of Dean Smith. Even from a Duke guy, Dean was amazing. A huge loss for both the sport and for educators/students everywhere.

Great coach, but if not for his 4 corner offense, I wonder what his record would have been?

Fargo
Post #: 728
RE: [Deleted] - 2/9/2015 10:34:57 AM   
djskillz

Ya, part of the game though. Glad it's not anymore.

I really want to see the college game get to the 24 second clock. Sure seems like they'll get to 30 within the next couple years. I'd like to see basketball rules be more consistent at all levels. In the end, it's a simple game. Let's make it that way for the world.

Post #: 729
RE: [Deleted] - 2/9/2015 3:25:37 PM   
Jim Frenette

quote:

Ya, part of the game though. Glad it's not anymore.

I really want to see the college game get to the 24 second clock. Sure seems like they'll get to 30 within the next couple years. I'd like to see basketball rules be more consistent at all levels. In the end, it's a simple game. Let's make it that way for the world.

They're experimenting with the shot clock in HS here. Problem is the cost to get installed and run at all the schools

Fargo
Post #: 730
RE: [Deleted] - 3/5/2015 4:58:48 PM   
kgdabom

Finally watched Kentucky play some ball last night. I was not impressed at all. They were big but none of them looked skilled and it seemed they all thought that TEAM is spelled with an I.
Post #: 731
RE: [Deleted] - 2/18/2016 9:45:13 AM   
djskillz

What a fun college basketball season. No "great" teams but lots of good teams and interesting storylines. The Duke win last night may have been the most impressive I've ever seen for them under the circumstances. 5 guys, 1 of which had 4 fouls with 13 minutes left, on the road in sports' best rivalry, with some tough calls, and they gritted it out. Was pretty amazing.

I don't think Duke has any chance at winning it all this year without Amile Jefferson. He's their "Draymond Green" guy. But they could make a 2010-like run if he's back. Next year is probably Duke's year with that recruiting class. But it's such a wide open field this year. I think it's going to be a really fun tournament with somewhere around 15 teams with a real shot to win it all. I still think Maryland is probably the team to beat when all is said and done this year. Or maybe Kansas.

Post #: 732
RE: [Deleted] - 2/18/2016 10:00:09 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

What a fun college basketball season. No "great" teams but lots of good teams and interesting storylines. The Duke win last night may have been the most impressive I've ever seen for them under the circumstances. 5 guys, 1 of which had 4 fouls with 13 minutes left, on the road in sports' best rivalry, with some tough calls, and they gritted it out. Was pretty amazing.

I don't think Duke has any chance at winning it all this year without Amile Jefferson. He's their "Draymond Green" guy. But they could make a 2010-like run if he's back. Next year is probably Duke's year with that recruiting class. But it's such a wide open field this year. I think it's going to be a really fun tournament with somewhere around 15 teams with a real shot to win it all. I still think Maryland is probably the team to beat when all is said and done this year. Or maybe Kansas.

Watch out for Iowa State, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Baylor. And of course Kansas. I could see up to 3 Big 12 teams in the Final 4.
Post #: 733
RE: [Deleted] - 2/18/2016 2:02:05 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

quote:

Watch out for Iowa State, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Baylor. And of course Kansas. I could see up to 3 Big 12 teams in the Final 4.

Texas Tech

Tubby Smith.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 734
RE: [Deleted] - 3/16/2016 4:34:42 PM   
SoMnFan

Anyone having thoughts about this years tourney?
I'm a little behind, but .... Beware Wichita State, and .... UNI.
Would love to see some low seeds bust all these brackets.
Post #: 735
RE: [Deleted] - 3/16/2016 5:27:08 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

Finally watched Kentucky play some ball last night. I was not impressed at all. They were big but none of them looked skilled and it seemed they all thought that TEAM is spelled with an I.

I have to look back and laugh at my own post. So I got a one game impression of Kentucky while working out on the exercise bike and the elliptical machine. Didn't notice KAT and Booker doing much.
Now I see them as future all stars.
Post #: 736
RE: [Deleted] - 3/16/2016 6:33:01 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Anyone having thoughts about this years tourney?
I'm a little behind, but .... Beware Wichita State, and .... UNI.
Would love to see some low seeds bust all these brackets.

Missouri Valley!!!
Booker Woodfox played in that league.

< Message edited by Steve Lentz -- 3/16/2016 6:34:54 PM >

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 737
RE: [Deleted] - 3/17/2016 12:33:59 AM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

quote:

I just finished my brackets.. I have three of those five teams losing in the first round.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 738
RE: [Deleted] - 3/17/2016 10:50:19 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

quote:

quote:

I just finished my brackets.. I have three of those five teams losing in the first round.

Using my brilliant powers of deduction I am guessing the teams you pick to lose the first round are Iowa State, Texas Tech, and Baylor. If you are picking against a first or second seed that would impress me.
Post #: 739
RE: [Deleted] - 3/17/2016 2:12:21 PM   
Ian Joseph

Nah, wouldn't pick against a 1 or 2 without clear visual eidence. I did pick Hampton to beat Iowa State in 2001. The last time I was successful picking a 15 over 2. I'm not sure I've done it since then.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 740
RE: [Deleted] - 3/17/2016 2:54:44 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

Nah, wouldn't pick against a 1 or 2 without clear visual eidence. I did pick Hampton to beat Iowa State in 2001. The last time I was successful picking a 15 over 2. I'm not sure I've done it since then.

Interesting. Iowa State is a 4 seed this year so picking against them is still going way out on a limb. Hampton is in the Tourney Playing VA in a battle for VA supremacy.
Post #: 741
2016 March Madness - 3/17/2016 4:16:29 PM   
SoMnFan

Yale on the verge .......
Post #: 742
RE: 2016 March Madness - 3/17/2016 4:21:03 PM   
SoMnFan

OH my ...
Maybe not ....
Post #: 743
RE: 2016 March Madness - 3/17/2016 4:22:53 PM   
SoMnFan

Wow
Free throws are KINDA important, eh?
Post #: 744
RE: 2016 March Madness - 3/17/2016 4:25:38 PM   
Mr. Ed

Tubby time lost again. About as shocking as Iowa tumbling in the 2nd half.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 745
RE: 2016 March Madness - 3/17/2016 4:26:57 PM   
Mr. Ed

Some brackets I had Baylor to the elite 8

crap

Escape while you can!
Post #: 746
RE: 2016 March Madness - 3/17/2016 4:27:03 PM   
SoMnFan

Yale has one guy.
One tiny little white guy.
That's it.
Post #: 747
RE: 2016 March Madness - 3/17/2016 4:27:28 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

Some brackets I had Baylor to the elite 8

crap

It ain't over
Post #: 748
RE: 2016 March Madness - 3/17/2016 4:29:03 PM   
SoMnFan

Great out of bounds play
That's coaching
Post #: 749
RE: 2016 March Madness - 3/17/2016 4:30:24 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Yale has one guy.
One tiny little white guy.
That's it.

NERD ALERT!!!!!!!!!

Escape while you can!
Post #: 750
Page:   <<   < prev  28 29 [30] 31 32   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: [Deleted] Page: <<   < prev  28 29 [30] 31 32   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode