Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: [Deleted]

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: [Deleted] Page: <<   < prev  27 28 [29] 30 31   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: [Deleted] - 12/3/2014 11:21:50 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

quote:

ORIGINAL: djskillz

quote:

As long as Miles is at Nebraska we will continue to surprise teams.

I think of equal value is just the massive amount of money dumped into the program and facility upgrades. I visited the campus a year or two ago and was quite impressed with everything they're doing there for the athletic programs.

You're right Dustin. They do everything first class there.

They first-class fire their coaches? Cool

Escape while you can!
Post #: 701
RE: [Deleted] - 12/3/2014 7:26:17 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

quote:

quote:

quote:

As long as Miles is at Nebraska we will continue to surprise teams.

I think of equal value is just the massive amount of money dumped into the program and facility upgrades. I visited the campus a year or two ago and was quite impressed with everything they're doing there for the athletic programs.

You're right Dustin. They do everything first class there.

They first-class fire their coaches? Cool

7.65 million buy out. Pelini is cool with it.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 702
RE: [Deleted] - 12/3/2014 11:01:48 PM   
djskillz

Trying not to get too excited as it's early in the year, but Duke was very, very impressive tonight. Playing the #2 ranked team, on the road, in one of the biggest games in their history, and starting 3 freshmen that seemed poised as hell. No rattling them. Tyus Jones was really, really impressive tonight. And Okafor has to be the most polished young big I've seen since Duncan, at least. Suilamon also seems so much better in his new role as he can have focused energy. And Jefferson is a great glue guy. Cook and Winslow didn't even play all that well, Wisconsin got a lot of calls of course, and they were in total control against a veteran team. Very, very impressive.

Doesn't hurt my mood that it was against the Badgers.

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
Post #: 703
RE: College Basketball - 12/3/2014 11:17:20 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

really? you let an admin deleted user be the title of your thread for 4+ pages and not one of you can bother to change it..??

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 704
RE: [Deleted] - 12/3/2014 11:19:37 PM   
My good friend Pete made me aware of Arvydas Sabonis' son playing for Gonzaga.

Evidently the kid is the real deal. Although he's not 7'3".........

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 705
RE: [Deleted] - 12/4/2014 1:49:31 PM   
TJSweens

How disappointing. The Duke Blue Devils with Coach K and Tyus Jones, Wisconsin with Bo Ryan all together in the same place and the building didn't collapse.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 706
RE: [Deleted] - 12/4/2014 1:56:39 PM   
djskillz

Killing Coach K would be like an act of war. That's about as communist as you can get.

I know Minnesotans hate Tyus for bolting, but honestly, with the state of Gophers' basketball over the last decades and so late in the game when Pitino got hired, could you blame the kid? I'm sure Ricky is working hard on his younger brother already.

< Message edited by djskillz -- 12/4/2014 1:57:53 PM >

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
Post #: 707
RE: [Deleted] - 12/4/2014 2:16:04 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

My good friend Pete made me aware of Arvydas Sabonis' son playing for Gonzaga.

Evidently the kid is the real deal. Although he's not 7'3".........

He's 6'10 at only 19, but built more like a PF. Played sparingly in Europe last year and then dominated the U18 FIBA Europe this year. 16 PPG, 12 RPG, 3.6 APG, shot 40% from 3.

Off to a great start at Gonzaga. 6 games, 20 MPG: 11.5 PPG (75/0/79), 7 RPG, .8 APG, .7 SPG.

Good mobility, runs the floors, defends the PnR well, but not a great athlete and probably won't be much of a shotblocker.
Post #: 708
RE: [Deleted] - 12/4/2014 2:18:37 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

Killing Coach K would be like an act of war. That's about as communist as you can get.

Coach K is a smarmy weasel.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 709
RE: [Deleted] - 12/4/2014 2:20:52 PM   
djskillz

No. Everything class. He's basically the perfect coach. Which is why he's represented the US so well over the years and every NBA player that's played for him loves him.

This may be Gonzaga's best squad yet. Pains me to say.

Post #: 710
RE: [Deleted] - 12/4/2014 2:30:47 PM   
David Levine

You're both right.

He's a great college coach - one of the best ever for sure. But he's also a smarmy weasel with a ferret face.
Post #: 711
RE: [Deleted] - 12/4/2014 2:33:47 PM   
djskillz

Post #: 712
RE: [Deleted] - 12/4/2014 2:52:30 PM   
Bill Jandro

He looks like Penguin on the TV series Gotham. Pointed nose and all.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 713
RE: [Deleted] - 12/12/2014 9:10:24 AM   
djskillz

I can't stand Kentucky, but I feel for them with Poythress. I've followed him pretty closely for years as he's from the area. Seems like a good kid, and I continue to think he'll be a really good pro. The Cats are going to miss him a lot this year.

Post #: 714
RE: [Deleted] - 12/19/2014 2:18:07 PM   
djskillz

Okafor continues to be extremely impressive. 1) I'm not sure I've ever seen a big man with hands as large as his. Some of the catches he makes on the block are ridiculous. The ball is a nerf ball in his hands. 2) His first step is incredibly quick. May be the most polished post big man I've ever seen at his age. Yes, even over Duncan at this point.

Post #: 715
RE: [Deleted] - 12/20/2014 9:02:08 AM   
twinsfan

What happened to the 'Canes last night? That's gotta be embarrassing.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 716
RE: [Deleted] - 1/6/2015 9:40:57 PM   
djskillz

Man, sucks UK barely escaped Ole Miss tonight. Still, as good a they are, a 3 point OT win AT HOME against a "decent" Ole Miss team doesn't exactly speak to their "dominance" this year.

Post #: 717
RE: [Deleted] - 1/26/2015 2:43:57 PM   
djskillz

Love this. Hoping we see this translate to CBB. As great as it is to have Syracuse/Louisville, etc. in the ACC now, I really miss the old rivalries. No Maryland anymore is a killer to me.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/12230742/acc-rivals-north-carolina-tar-heels-wake-forest-demon-deacons-agree-nonconference-series

Post #: 718
RE: [Deleted] - 1/29/2015 4:41:44 PM   
Mr. Ed

Duke has dismissed guard Rasheed Sulaimon, the school announced on Thursday.

Over 20 games this season, Sulaimon has averaged 7.5 points, 2.0 rebounds and 1.8 assists. The junior was shooting 41.3 percent from the field and 40.4 percent from three-point range.

His playing time has decreased since his freshman season, from 29.2 minutes per game to 19.3. Sulaimon had scored only seven points on 2-of-9 shooting combined over Duke's last two games.

"Rasheed has been unable to consistently live up to the standards required to be a member of our program," coach Mike Krzyzewski said in a news release. "It is a privilege to represent Duke University and with that privilege comes the responsibility to conduct oneself in a certain manner. After Rasheed repeatedly struggled to meet the necessary obligations, it became apparent that it was time to dismiss him from the program."

The release notes that Sulaimon is in good academic standing, and is expected to finish the spring semester.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 719
RE: [Deleted] - 1/29/2015 11:07:55 PM   
djskillz

Wow, what a massive blow for the program. Totally out of the blue as he seemed to be accepting his role, etc. He's got a ton of talent. That's a huge, huge loss. Uggh. Grayson Allen better be ready to step up.

Post #: 720
RE: [Deleted] - 1/31/2015 9:00:21 PM   
djskillz

Winslow played like the manchild he is today and Duke got their best win of the year by far. Tyus Jones is like a Teddy Bridgewater of point guards. Icewater in his veins. Va is as good as anyone. Could be a hell of a tournament this year.

Post #: 721
RE: [Deleted] - 2/5/2015 11:02:11 AM   
djskillz

The self-imposed ban by Syracuse for the postseason this year rings hollow to me. They weren't likely to win anything this year anyway. And maybe won't even make the NCAA tournament.

Seems rather shady to me.

I do think it sucks to punish current 18-22 year olds for past mistakes though. There has to be a solution for that.

Post #: 722
RE: [Deleted] - 2/5/2015 11:06:50 AM   
SoMnFan

No kidding
"hey, we're so important, let us decide our punishment, ok?"
Smug and arrogant. And protected.
If the U of M tried that we'd be hit with death penalty for assuming we could talk.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 723
RE: [Deleted] - 2/8/2015 8:37:31 PM   
djskillz

Yesterday was the best I've seen Duke play since 2011. Maybe Suilamon's attitude was that detrimental? Wow.

DL, it sure looks like Winslow's issues were just the ribs for a few games. He's been dynamite the last few games. He's the key for Duke, IMO, along with the bench guys (Plumlee/Jones/Allen). You pretty much know Okafor and Jones are going to play pretty well. When Winslow's going like that, tough to beat.

Post #: 724
RE: [Deleted] - 2/9/2015 1:04:07 AM   
David Levine

Winslow has looked much better of late.

Still not sold on Okafor. He doesn't appear to have any game outside of about 6 feet. He might have some of the best hands I've ever seen, and he's pretty nifty around the hoop, but buckets are going to be harder to get when he's not massively bigger than everyone he plays against.
Post #: 725
Page:   <<   < prev  27 28 [29] 30 31   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: [Deleted] Page: <<   < prev  27 28 [29] 30 31   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode