Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: [Deleted]

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: [Deleted] Page: <<   < prev  26 27 [28] 29 30   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: [Deleted] - 2/18/2014 8:42:01 PM   
JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

Fantastic draft class coming up, full of youngsters of course, but Embiid is really impressing me. Watching him improve, literally, game by game. Will be very hard for any lottery winner not to select him. He went from clumsy and unsure to fundamentally sound (with his footwork) and confident in two months. Fun to watch somebody get better, especially that fast.

Garnett II

No, that honor seems to be bestowed upon a Sudanese High School Sophomore, Thon Maker.

Check him out if you get the chance. Very impressive at this point in his development.

When Sudan, and the Jieng people ever get access to the basketball infrastructure that they deserve, they may dominate and revolutionize the game.
Post #: 676
RE: [Deleted] - 3/8/2014 1:11:50 PM   
JT2

Wiggins is putting on an absolute clinic.

Kansas is in trouble though if they don't get Embiid healthy.
Post #: 677
RE: [Deleted] - 3/9/2014 1:39:11 PM   
quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

Fantastic draft class coming up, full of youngsters of course, but Embiid is really impressing me. Watching him improve, literally, game by game. Will be very hard for any lottery winner not to select him. He went from clumsy and unsure to fundamentally sound (with his footwork) and confident in two months. Fun to watch somebody get better, especially that fast.

Garnett II

No, that honor seems to be bestowed upon a Sudanese High School Sophomore, Thon Maker.

Check him out if you get the chance. Very impressive at this point in his development.

When Sudan, and the Jieng people ever get access to the basketball infrastructure that they deserve, they may dominate and revolutionize the game.

As the movie "The air up there" so rightly stated years ago....

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 678
RE: [Deleted] - 3/9/2014 3:11:04 PM   
Steve Lentz

I've been fortunate enough to watch the best college basketball player in the nation. Doug McDermott will end up being a 3 time All American and the Player of the Year. He's top 8 of all time college players in scoring and the head coaches son. Had a career high 45 points in his last college home game.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 679
RE: [Deleted] - 3/9/2014 3:17:14 PM   
SoMnFan

Unreal career SteveO
I know some Creighton kids, and they are so proud of him.
Impressive list he is climbing. Would love to see them make some noise before he's done.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 680
RE: [Deleted] - 3/22/2014 8:35:54 PM   
JT2

Mr. Young is too hard to guard for Ryan's boys. He could use a little help though.
Post #: 681
RE: [Deleted] - 3/22/2014 9:37:10 PM   
There went my Ducks....

Still rooting for San Diego State......

Hey Pete you know I'm getting old when I remember watching D'wayne Polee Sr. playing in High school in LA....

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 682
RE: [Deleted] - 3/22/2014 11:48:56 PM   
JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

There went my Ducks....

Hey Pete you know I'm getting old when I remember watching D'wayne Polee Sr. playing in High school in LA....

You aren't that old, Kurt. I got a few years on you, and definitely a better first step.

I'm a big Fisher fan, yet I continue to underestimate that team.

I think I'm at least a year older than Polee Sr. You're youngblood to me, but i dig your basketball love.
Post #: 683
RE: [Deleted] - 3/26/2014 6:31:21 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

There went my Ducks....

My brother lives in San Diego and I lived there for a year. My second favorite sports city. GO SDSU!
Post #: 684
RE: [Deleted] - 3/27/2014 10:44:36 AM   
Jim Frenette

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

There went my Ducks....

My brother lives in San Diego and I lived there for a year. My second favorite sports city. GO SDSU!

You still living in CA though?

Fargo
Post #: 685
RE: [Deleted] - 3/28/2014 1:32:33 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jim Frenette

quote:

quote:

There went my Ducks....

Hey Jim no I finished my internship in San Diego and California had a hiring freeze. I got a job in Lake Havasu, AZ but fortunately I have escaped that nightmare for Flagstaff which is an awesome mountain town close to the Grand Canyon. Of course I will always remain a St. Cloud State Husky and fan of the only college sport that matters Hockey.
Post #: 686
RE: [Deleted] - 3/28/2014 1:57:12 PM   
Jim Frenette

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

There went my Ducks....

Hey Jim no I finished my internship in San Diego and California had a hiring freeze. I got a job in Lake Havasu, AZ but fortunately I have escaped that nightmare for Flagstaff which is an awesome mountain town close to the Grand Canyon. Of course I will always remain a St. Cloud State Husky and fan of the only college sport that matters Hockey.

I have a couple of friends that I worked with in Riverside/San Bernardino that retired to Lake Havasu.

Fargo
Post #: 687
RE: [Deleted] - 3/28/2014 4:06:00 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

There went my Ducks....

I have a couple of friends that I worked with in Riverside/San Bernardino that retired to Lake Havasu.

Lake Havasu the home of the London Bridge is wonderful if you come out for a weekend to play on the lake. However, if you live there and you have 60 straight days of 110-120 degrees it isn't exactly my idea of ideal weather. I don't regret my time there but much happier in Flagstaff. Do your friends live there year round or do they do the snowbird thing?
Post #: 688
RE: [Deleted] - 3/29/2014 8:42:05 AM   
Jim Frenette

They live year round but do some traveling.

Fargo
Post #: 689
RE: [Deleted] - 5/6/2014 3:17:10 PM   
Jim Frenette

Kentucky probably have 5 blue chip players that have committed to them expecting a big exodus and yet only 2 of the freshman are leaving.

Fargo
Post #: 690
RE: [Deleted] - 5/6/2014 3:25:46 PM   
David Levine

quote:

Kentucky probably have 5 blue chip players that have committed to them expecting a big exodus and yet only 2 of the freshman are leaving.

It could get ugly. A couple of the Kentucky kids weren't nearly as good as expected, and now they may lose their starting gigs.
Post #: 691
RE: [Deleted] - 11/19/2014 9:27:37 PM   
Steve Lentz

Creighton knocks off Oklahoma.
Who need McBuckets!

Post #: 692
RE: [Deleted] - 11/26/2014 8:04:25 PM   
SoMnFan

Fun seeing Butler knock off the #5 TarHeels today.
Great program.
Hoping they and Gonzaga have great runs this year.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 693
RE: [Deleted] - 12/2/2014 9:19:39 AM   
djskillz

Going to be some really fun matchups the next few days. Can't wait to see Kaminsky vs. Okafor tomorrow night. Any chance for Duke to beat Wisconsin is a good thing.

I think Duke will be better than them by the end of the year, but Wisconsin's experience this early in the year and playing at home may tip this one in their favor.

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
Post #: 694
RE: [Deleted] - 12/2/2014 10:17:19 AM   
Jim Frenette

Big 10 off to a good start winning the 1st 2 games of the ACC/Big 10 challenge

Fargo
Post #: 695
RE: [Deleted] - 12/2/2014 1:14:03 PM   
djskillz

I think the ACC will get better over time as programs grow (Manning at Wake for example) but it's going to take some time. Right now the top of the conference is definitely the best in the country, by far, but the depth is really lacking.

Of course other programs in the Big10 (Northwestern-Collins- and Nebraska) figure to grow as well.

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
Post #: 696
RE: [Deleted] - 12/2/2014 6:18:21 PM   
Steve Lentz

As long as Miles is at Nebraska we will continue to surprise teams.

Post #: 697
RE: [Deleted] - 12/2/2014 7:08:44 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

Big 10 off to a good start winning the 1st 2 games of the ACC/Big 10 challenge

Gophers looking good up by 11 at Wake Forest early second half.
Post #: 698
RE: [Deleted] - 12/2/2014 11:47:09 PM   
djskillz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

I think of equal value is just the massive amount of money dumped into the program and facility upgrades. I visited the campus a year or two ago and was quite impressed with everything they're doing there for the athletic programs.

Post #: 699
RE: [Deleted] - 12/3/2014 10:15:49 AM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

ORIGINAL: djskillz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

I think of equal value is just the massive amount of money dumped into the program and facility upgrades. I visited the campus a year or two ago and was quite impressed with everything they're doing there for the athletic programs.

You're right Dustin. They do everything first class there.

Post #: 700
Page:   <<   < prev  26 27 [28] 29 30   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: [Deleted] Page: <<   < prev  26 27 [28] 29 30   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode