Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 3/9/2008 8:30:40 PM   
Lynn G.

Ed,

I believe that the strongly worded directive that Goodell came up with to say that the practice of videotaping other team's signals, etc must stop - was an acknowledgement by the league that they were aware that it was going on.  They made the conscious decision to NOT backtrack and investigate teams that had been doing it in the past - but rather they wiped the slate clean for all teams and gave them all the opportunity to go forward in a non-cheating manner.

From all indications - only the Patriots chose to continue the practice and they're being punished.

You can't go back and open up old investigations because the league made the decisions to close that door and give everyone a fresh start.  Belichik blew it, that's all there is to it.  And if anyone else continued the practice afterward - they should get punished too. 

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 251
RE: RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 3/9/2008 8:31:09 PM   
I agree easy.....So why then, in your own words of "going back in time" should we look into everything beyond the scope of Mangitis and his Jets who obviously didn't have a problem with what was going on when he worked for BB?

Again....debt paid. Lets move on!  And If Arlan Specter would put half as much effort into our economy maybe I wouldn't be paying $3.00+ for gas and people could continue to afford paying for their mortgages.
  Post #: 252
RE: RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 3/9/2008 8:32:22 PM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

Ed,

I believe that the strongly worded directive that Goodell came up with to say that the practice of videotaping other team's signals, etc must stop - was an acknowledgement by the league that they were aware that it was going on.  They made the conscious decision to NOT backtrack and investigate teams that had been doing it in the past - but rather they wiped the slate clean for all teams and gave them all the opportunity to go forward in a non-cheating manner.

From all indications - only the Patriots chose to continue the practice and they're being punished.

You can't go back and open up old investigations because the league made the decisions to close that door and give everyone a fresh start.  Belichik blew it, that's all there is to it.  And if anyone else continued the practice afterward - they should get punished too. 

I agree! And again...I believe that punishement was dealt out! 
  Post #: 253
RE: RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 3/9/2008 8:34:38 PM   
Lynn G.

... unless new findings indicate that he committed further infractions.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 254
RE: RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 3/9/2008 8:35:57 PM   
Easy E

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ed_Marotske

I agree easy.....So why then, in your own words of "going back in time" should we look into everything beyond the scope of Mangitis and his Jets who obviously didn't have a problem with what was going on when he worked for BB?

Again....debt paid. Lets move on!  And If Arlan Specter would put half as much effort into our economy maybe I wouldn't be paying $3.00+ for gas and people could continue to afford paying for their mortgages.

If Manginini and the Jets kept taping after Goodell, who is a new commish and put forth the edict, then yes, they should be punished the same way.

When you are given a chance, as Bill B was, to "come clean" and fess up, you better take that chance. Goodell told him this was his chance, he'd be punished but just come clean with everything.

If you still hold back, you obviously have no respect for the league or it's rules, and should be banned. That is just the act of a pathological cheater. And no, the rest of the league shouldn't be punished because one guy is so compulsive of a cheater and liar that he does that.

Maybe he didn't, maybe he did come clean. If so, it's completley wrong. But I believe that Bill's supporter bring up things from 15-20 years ago because even they know he's a cheat, and the only hope is to slime as many other people as they can. Cloud the issue enough, and maybe he can still get out of this.
Post #: 255
RE: RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 3/9/2008 8:38:54 PM   
quote:

... unless new findings indicate that he committed further infractions.

Further infractions "after" he was caught this last season?  Or infractions that he may have done something more prior to the season?
  Post #: 256
RE: RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 3/9/2008 8:41:56 PM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: Easy E

quote:

If Manginini and the Jets kept taping after Goodell, who is a new commish and put forth the edict, then yes, they should be punished the same way.

When you are given a chance, as Bill B was, to "come clean" and fess up, you better take that chance. Goodell told him this was his chance, he'd be punished but just come clean with everything.

If you still hold back, you obviously have no respect for the league or it's rules, and should be banned. That is just the act of a pathological cheater. And no, the rest of the league shouldn't be punished because one guy is so compulsive of a cheater and liar that he does that.

Maybe he didn't, maybe he did come clean. If so, it's completley wrong. But I believe that Bill's supporter bring up things from 15-20 years ago because even they know he's a cheat, and the only hope is to slime as many other people as they can. Cloud the issue enough, and maybe he can still get out of this.

So cheating is only wrong if your a cumpulsive cheater?  your argument doesn't make sense easy.  Why is it okay for someone who didn't get caught (because we know its bigger than the Pats) to get away with it and Bill B should pay for the sins of an entire league????  Its not clouding the issue if the entire problem is brought out.  If its a league wide problem then fix it league wide.
  Post #: 257
RE: RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 3/9/2008 8:57:07 PM   
Easy E

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Easy E

quote:

So cheating is only wrong if your a cumpulsive cheater?  your argument doesn't make sense easy.  Why is it okay for someone who didn't get caught (because we know its bigger than the Pats) to get away with it and Bill B should pay for the sins of an entire league????  Its not clouding the issue if the entire problem is brought out.  If its a league wide problem then fix it league wide.

Cheating is wrong. I'm not the one defending cheating or trying to argue for lesser punishment for someone if they're a proven cheater.

The kind of man, that when presented with this option from the commish "Here's the deal, you turn over everything to me, and this is the only punishment you have. You hold back anything else, and you will face further punishment".. the kind of many who looks the commish in the eye and swears there is nothing more... IF there is more, that is the kind of man you suspend for the year. At least.

You seem to be saying, despite giving that ultimatum to Bill B, even if he did hold out, the commish should reneg? Why?
Post #: 258
RE: RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 3/9/2008 9:03:00 PM   
Hold out what?  More of what?  He gave up what was asked for.  The Commish was the one who destroyed the evidence....
  Post #: 259
RE: RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 3/10/2008 10:09:28 AM   
Easy E

quote:

Hold out what?  More of what?  He gave up what was asked for.  The Commish was the one who destroyed the evidence....

Tapes of the Super Bowl red zone plays.

Here's my deal with the cheating. Godell is a brand new commish. He already knows Bill B cheated after he sent out his own, "new" rules on the cheating. It is also possible that after continuing to cheat after this, and getting caught, Bill B looked the new commish dead in the eye, told him there was no other episodes of cheating, that it started and ended in 2006... and lied to his face.

First order of business is to deal with the cheaters and liars that have been doing it since you took over. Once you get that all straightened out, he can think about going back and cleaning up messses from 20 years ago that happened on other people's watches.

Honestly, I haven't check on it in a couple weeks, so I don't know where they are in the investigation.
Post #: 260
RE: RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 3/10/2008 10:18:28 AM   
Toby Stumbo

Patriots To Claim Matt Walsh Taped Signals On His Own

Amid news that former Patriots video assistant Matt Walsh is close to reaching an agreement to tell what he knows, the Globe found that Walsh broke league rules under orders from the Patriots by videotaping opponents' signals between 2000 and 2002, and could have video recordings to prove it, which has not been previously reported. The Patriots are expected to claim that former video assistant Matt Walsh videotaped other teams' signals "on his own." That is, if Walsh has copies of videotaped walkthroughs and/or defensive signals. But if he illegally videotaped the St. Louis Rams in their final practice before the 2002 Super Bowl, as widely suspected, team and league officials say he must have done it on his own. One league source detailed the circumstantial evidence that persuaded NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to accept the team's explanation that it never sanctioned, or knew of, any spying of that sort. The Boston Globe reports Walsh has embellished his online biography and was kicked off the Springfield College golf team in 1995 for playing a "dangerous prank" on a woman. The smear campaign has officially begun.

Source: Boston Globe

GO VIKES!
Post #: 261
RE: RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 3/10/2008 10:33:20 AM   
Jim Frenette

quote:

ORIGINAL: djskillz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Duane Sampson

Specter Wants Walsh Letters Released
Sun Mar 9, 2008

ESPN reports Pennsylvania Senator Arlen Specter isn't buying what Roger Goodell is selling when it comes to how the NFL commissioner is handling the SpyGate controversy. The Republican Senator, according to a published report, doesn't think the NFL really wants to speak to former Patriots video assistant Matt Walsh. To prove the NFL is being genuine, Specter wants Goodell to release letters exchanged between the league and Walsh's attorneys, The New York Times reported. "I'd like to issue a challenge to the commissioner to make public the extensive exchange of correspondence between the league's lawyers and Walsh's lawyers," Specter told the newspaper. Specter took issue with how any potential new evidence would be handled in the case. "Any objective or accurate reading of the correspondence would show the NFL is trying to discourage Walsh from coming forward," Specter said. "Especially the requirement in the letter, where the NFL calls for the destruction of whatever Walsh turns over without any provision for me or anyone else to see it."

I say again; doesn't our congress have more pressing issues right now?

We're in the middle of a war, our deficit is still high, our education system is failing, and social security is going broke, and they're discussing "cheating" in football?

Seriously?

They have tons of down time in Washington. Might as well make do with some of it.

I guess we could say something about 3 senators having all of this time to campaign for President also.

Fargo
Post #: 262
RE: RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 3/10/2008 10:55:35 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Toby Stumbo

Patriots To Claim Matt Walsh Taped Signals On His Own

Amid news that former Patriots video assistant Matt Walsh is close to reaching an agreement to tell what he knows, the Globe found that Walsh broke league rules under orders from the Patriots by videotaping opponents' signals between 2000 and 2002, and could have video recordings to prove it, which has not been previously reported. The Patriots are expected to claim that former video assistant Matt Walsh videotaped other teams' signals "on his own." That is, if Walsh has copies of videotaped walkthroughs and/or defensive signals. But if he illegally videotaped the St. Louis Rams in their final practice before the 2002 Super Bowl, as widely suspected, team and league officials say he must have done it on his own. One league source detailed the circumstantial evidence that persuaded NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to accept the team's explanation that it never sanctioned, or knew of, any spying of that sort. The Boston Globe reports Walsh has embellished his online biography and was kicked off the Springfield College golf team in 1995 for playing a "dangerous prank" on a woman. The smear campaign has officially begun.

Source: Boston Globe

Translation:  We know he videotaped it...and now we are trying to cover our own butts by throwing him under the bus. 

I will have to find a link to a story I read, I think last tuesdays edition of MMQB where a video guy for a professional sports team wrote in anonymously and basically said that these video guys don't have time to do things on their own, that they do what they are told because there are plenty of people ready to take over their job in a second. 

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 263
RE: RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 4/2/2008 6:58:37 AM   
Duane Sampson

Rams May Not have Conducted a Walkthrough the Day Before Super Bowl 36
Tue Apr 1, 2008

Fox Sports' John Czarnecki said he was in the Superdome on the Saturday that New England Patriots' employee Matt Walsh allegedly taped the St. Louis Rams' walkthrough priot to Super Bowl 36. The Rams were in their game uniforms, running around and generally relaxing waiting to take their team photo for the Super Bowl. There were wooden risers on the field. There were times when I was on the field actually talking to QB Kurt Warner and other players and some of the teams' executives that I have known for more than 20 years. If there was a walk-through that day, it was the most disorganized one ever assembled. Many of the players were there to simply unwind and relax and test out the carpet. And don't forget, the Rams were very familiar with the Superdome because the Saints were still in their division. They had played there during the regular season. Czarnecki adds Rams OC Mike Martz was extremely nervous about practicing at the Saints' facility because he feared Saints HC Jim Haslett and his staff would be taping his practices. He wanted their coaches removed from the building. That didn't happen, but all of the windows that faced the practice field had their drapes closed. Remember, this was a time when Haslett, now the Rams defensive coordinator, and Martz really didn't get along. There was a real rivalry between the two and their teams. So yes, Martz was concerned about being videotaped, but it was by the Saints' staff, not the Patriots. On the flip side, Martz and Patriots HC Bill Belichick were coaching friends. The two coaches respected one another; Belichick was impressed with Martz's offensive acumen. During this period, Martz actually considered Belichick a friend.
Post #: 264
RE: RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 4/2/2008 6:59:31 AM   
Duane Sampson

Bill Belichick: Nothing New with Spygate
Tue Apr 1, 2008

AP reports New England Patriots HC Bill Belichick insists there are no new revelations to come about Spygate. Sans his typical arrogance (or attire), Belichick spoke openly on Tuesday about Spygate, which he hopes is finally a dead issue, writes Pat Yasinskas. Story "I think they've addressed everything they possibly can address," the New England Patriots coach said during the AFC coaches breakfast at the NFL meetings, disclosing he was reinterviewed after the Super Bowl about allegations that former team employee Matt Walsh had illegal tapes. "I've addressed so many questions so many times from so many people I don't know what else the league could ask." Commissioner Roger Goodell confirmed that the NFL spoke again with Belichick and other Patriots employees after last January's Super Bowl loss to the New York Giants. The league has been negotiating an agreement with Walsh that it hopes will get Walsh, a golf pro in Hawaii, to come forward with what he has.
Post #: 265
RE: RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 4/23/2008 2:15:48 PM   
Duane Sampson

NFL | Walsh and league reach agreement
Wed, 23 Apr 2008 10:05:01 -0700

John Tomase, of the Boston Herald, reports the NFL announced Wednesday, April 23, that an agreement has been reached between the NFL and former New England Patriots employee Matt Walsh to share with the NFL information about activities that occurred during his employment with the team from 1997-2003. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell is scheduled to meet with Walsh Tuesday, May 13. The agreement will also require Walsh to return any video tapes and other items that belong to the Patriots. In return, the league has promised not to sue Walsh. Walsh will also be indemnified for any legal fees that he incurs in connection with his interview with Goodell.
Post #: 266
RE: RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 4/23/2008 2:18:20 PM   
Lynn G.

I hope the league also promised not to destroy the tapes.  If they do, and later claim there wasn't much of anything on them - it will smell like a fishy coverup.

Post #: 267
RE: RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 4/23/2008 2:40:34 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

I hope the league also promised not to destroy the tapes.  If they do, and later claim there wasn't much of anything on them - it will smell like a fishy coverup.

I have a feeling that is exactly what they are going to do.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 268
RE: RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 4/24/2008 2:47:24 PM   
Toby Stumbo

Depending on Walsh evidence, Goodell ready to crack down on Pats

Associated Press

Updated: April 24, 2008, 2:41 PM ET

NEW YORK -- Roger Goodell is fully prepared to crack down again on the New England Patriots if his meeting with Matt Walsh uncovers a tape made of the St. Louis Rams' final walkthrough practice before the 2002 Super Bowl.

Roger Goodell on ESPN Radio

On the Mike & Mike Show, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell discusses his upcoming meeting with Matt Walsh and says he will reopen Spygate and hand out more punishment to the Pats, if necessary. Listen 

"Taping a walkthrough is much different from what I punished them for," the NFL commissioner said Thursday at a meeting of a group representing the Associated Press Sports Editors.

After more than two months of negotiations, lawyers for the league and Walsh, the former New England employee, finally reached agreement Wednesday on terms that will allow him to talk Goodell. They include an agreement by the Patriots not to sue Walsh and to pay his legal expenses and his airfare to New York from Hawaii, where he is now a golf pro.

Walsh's name first surfaced just before the Super Bowl, in which the Patriots were upset by the New York Giants after finishing the regular season 16-0 and winning two playoff games. Among the allegations was that the Patriots illegally taped the Rams' final walkthrough before that title game, when New England, a two-touchdown underdog, upset St. Louis 20-17.

Five months before their loss to the Giants, New England coach Bill Belichick was fined $500,000 and the team $250,000 for taping the New York Jets' defensive signals during the season opener. The Patriots also lost their first-round pick in this weekend's draft.

Goodell said Thursday he has no idea what Walsh, who spent six years as a New England employee, has to offer than what the league already knows: Belichick had been taping defensive signals since first becoming Patriots coach in 2000. He noted, however, that the league, which destroyed the tapes from the Jets game after reviewing them, had spoken to 50 people in connection with the case and that Walsh was the only one who asked for legal protection.

Patriots statement on Walsh
The Patriots' response to the NFL's agreement to meet with former New England employee Matt Walsh. Read

Belichick has emphatically denied taping the walkthrough.
"I have never taped a practice, certainly not that one," New England's coach has said repeatedly.
Goodell said his mind is open on the subject.
On other matters, Goodell said:
• He gave no guarantees to owner Jerry Jones or anyone from the Dallas Cowboys that he will reinstate Adam "Pacman" Jones, who the Cowboys obtained in a trade with Tennessee on Wednesday. He expects to meet in June with Pacman Jones, who was suspended all of last season for multiple violations of the league's code of behavior.
• He met this week with his players council and discussed the proposal that would require players' hair that reaches below their name tag being tucked under the helmet.
"It would have to be done in a way that would respect the uniform code and also respect players' rights," he said.
• The NFL is considering moving the draft from New York to other cities. Its contract with Radio City Music Hall, where it will be held this weekend, is in its last year.
• He welcomes the plan by developer Edward P. Roski Jr. to build a 75,000-seat stadium in Los Angeles to help lure back the NFL, which hasn't had a team there since 1994. He noted, however, the league has no plans to expand and no current franchise seems in enough trouble to seek relocation.

< Message edited by Toby Stumbo -- 4/24/2008 2:48:25 PM >

GO VIKES!
Post #: 269
RE: RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 4/24/2008 3:16:24 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Toby Stumbo

Depending on Walsh evidence, Goodell ready to crack down on Pats

Belichick has emphatically denied taping the walkthrough.
"I have never taped a practice, certainly not that one," New England's coach has said repeatedly.

Of course he didn't...he had the video staff do it for him.

quote:

Goodell said his mind is open on the subject.

I should hope so.

quote:

On other matters, Goodell said:
• He gave no guarantees to owner Jerry Jones or anyone from the Dallas Cowboys that he will reinstate Adam "Pacman" Jones, who the Cowboys obtained in a trade with Tennessee on Wednesday. He expects to meet in June with Pacman Jones, who was suspended all of last season for multiple violations of the league's code of behavior.

Well, he did miss a whole year, but after the Pats, the Cowboys are my least favorite team...I would love (just for my own personal glee) to see the 'boys not be able to use Jones.

quote:

• He met this week with his players council and discussed the proposal that would require players' hair that reaches below their name tag being tucked under the helmet.
"It would have to be done in a way that would respect the uniform code and also respect players' rights," he said.

I don't see why hair length is such a big issue.

quote:

• The NFL is considering moving the draft from New York to other cities. Its contract with Radio City Music Hall, where it will be held this weekend, is in its last year.

Just like with the Superbowl...I think it would be a great idea to move it around every year.

quote:

• He welcomes the plan by developer Edward P. Roski Jr. to build a 75,000-seat stadium in Los Angeles to help lure back the NFL, which hasn't had a team there since 1994. He noted, however, the league has no plans to expand and no current franchise seems in enough trouble to seek relocation.

Of course, the Vikings stadium lease is up in 2011 and they may need to seek relocation by then if there is no new stadium in MN.  I don't care what anyone says...there is reason to be concerned in MN if they don't start building SOON.

Post #: 270
RE: RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 4/24/2008 7:08:04 PM   
djskillz

Pats will be fine, as they should be.

Still love Jimmy Johnson's take on this; so true.  EVERYONE has been doing this stuff IMO. 

Let's move on.  All this is doing is hurting the league.

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
Post #: 271
RE: RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 4/24/2008 7:44:34 PM   
Lynn G.

Jimmy Johnson was referring to everyone stealing the defensive signals.  If the Patriots were taping walk-throughs and things like that, it sounds like they reached new territory in cheating.

I'm curious to see how it plays out.  I don't think it hurts the league if they clean up a problem.  I say they give this at LEAST as much attention as was given the love boat.

Post #: 272
RE: RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 5/8/2008 6:45:26 AM   
Duane Sampson

Matt Walsh Sends Eight Tapes to NFL, But...
Wed May 7, 2008

The New York Times reports a former New England Patriots employee has sent the N.F.L. eight videotapes showing the team recorded play-calling signals by coaches of five opponents in six games between the 2000 and 2002 seasons, in violation of league rules. But the group of tapes does not include video of the St. Louis Rams' walk-through practice the day before the 2002 Super Bowl. The employee, Matt Walsh, had been linked to such a tape by news media speculation.
Post #: 273
RE: RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 5/8/2008 8:33:16 AM   
Stacey King

NY Times: Walsh’s tapes show that the Patriots recorded the signals of offensive and defensive coaches in regular-season games against the Miami Dolphins, the Buffalo Bills, the Cleveland Browns and the San Diego Chargers and against the Pittsburgh Steelers in the 2002 American Football Conference championship game. In that game, the tape has been edited to show Steelers coaches signaling plays, followed by two different camera angles of the actual plays that were called.

The New York Times obtained a list of the Walsh videotapes. The information was later confirmed by Walsh’s lawyer, Michael Levy, from the Washington offices of McKee Nelson.

The N.F.L. declined to comment Wednesday night because it did not have the tapes in its possession.
The Boston Herald reported the day before this year’s Super Bowl that a tape of the Rams existed, citing an anonymous source.

Walsh does not possess such a tape, Levy said.

“Mr. Walsh has never claimed to have a tape of the walk-through,” Levy said in a telephone interview. “Mr. Walsh has never been the source of any of the media speculation about such a tape. Mr. Walsh was not the source for the Feb. 2 Boston Herald article.”

On Tuesday, Walsh is scheduled to speak with Commissioner Roger Goodell and Senator Arlen Specter in separate meetings. Walsh could provide additional information at that time, including how the taping worked, how extensive it was, which Patriots employees were involved and the significance of the evidence he handed over.

The first tape is dated Sept. 25, 2000, from a game the previous day. The last is from Sept. 29 two years later.
All the tapes are scheduled to arrive at N.F.L. offices Thursday morning.

Levy would not say whether Walsh was behind the camera on each tape, but confirmed that Walsh obtained the first seven tapes during his time in the Patriots’ video department, which ended after the 2002 Super Bowl.
The last tape, in September 2002 against the Chargers, was shot by someone else after Walsh left the video department for a job in the scouting department that ended in early 2003.

The Chargers tape shows raw footage, Levy said, of the San Diego coaches from the Patriots’ sideline, followed by a shot of the scoreboard showing time, down and distance. The tape contains no footage of actual plays during the game, only the sequence, which the Patriots could match to play tape.

The other seven tapes are more sophisticated. They show shots of the opposing coaches’ signals, followed immediately by a shot of the play, usually from the end zone camera, Levy said.

The tape from the A.F.C. championship game is the most extensive, showing two angles of each play.
Goodell has left open the possibility that additional evidence will lead to additional penalties against Coach Bill Belichick and the Patriots.

After the Jets game, Goodell levied a total of $750,000 in fines and docked the Patriots a first-round draft pick.
After this year’s Super Bowl, Goodell met with Specter and revealed for the first time that Belichick’s illegal signal filming dated to the beginning of his tenure with the Patriots, in 2000. Some accounts said Belichick admitted to taping defensive signals, others just signals in general.

At the Super Bowl, Goodell said of the Patriots’ practice of taping, “I don’t think it taints their accomplishments.”
Under Belichick, the Patriots rose from one of the league’s middling teams to its best, winning three Super Bowls in four seasons. Last season, they went undefeated until losing to the Giants in the Super Bowl.

Based on a win-loss tally from games after the ones on tapes provided by Walsh, the Patriots went 9-6 against the Dolphins after the first taping. They also went 12-1 against the Bills, 3-0 against the Browns, 4-1 against the Steelers and 3-1 against the Chargers. This included three victories and no defeats in the playoffs.

“We consider the tapes of our coaching staff during our games against the New England Patriots to be a nonissue,” the Steelers chairman, Dan Rooney, said in a statement released in February.

Telephone messages to the five teams left Wednesday night were not answered.

Since Belichick’s first season in New England, when the Patriots finished 5-11, they have gone 86-26 in the regular season, a .768 winning percentage. It remains unclear whether the league will make the tapes public. During the initial investigation into the Patriots, the league accepted seven tapes gathered by the team, dating to 2006, while collecting a written promise that it possessed no more. The N.F.L. destroyed the tapes that the Patriots turned over.

Under the indemnity agreement, Walsh’s lawyer can keep one copy of each tape, but he cannot release it without the league’s consent.
Post #: 274
RE: RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 5/8/2008 8:40:07 AM   
Lynn G.

So where did the talk about a tape of the Ram's walk through start?  It was made to sound as if Walsh had it.

Post #: 275
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode