Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 9/27/2007 2:24:28 PM   
John Childress

That list is funny Thanks for the chuckle
Post #: 201
RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 9/27/2007 6:01:15 PM   
Jeff Jesser

The only QB's I would take over Mcbabb right now: Brady Manning Young (age and potential) Palmer I would keep an eye on Schaub. He may get there but he needs to prove it still. Favre is too old to be considered
Post #: 202
RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 9/27/2007 6:05:34 PM   
Trekgeekscott

[quote="John Childress"][quote="Jeff Jesser"]I don't know if it's racism or not but JC is right on Mcnabb. I've said many times that he isn't a very accurate QB throwing the ball but he's a damn good QB overall. Hell, I'd take him in a NY minute.[/quote] Exactly Jeff He may not be in your Top 10 list of QBs but he at least has to make the Top 20 in even the most anti-McNabb person's mind. If he is a Top 20 QB how can you say that he doesn't belong? In fact, I dare someone to name 20 better QBs than McNabb right now.[/quote] 20? That's asking a lot, don't you think?
Post #: 203
RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 9/27/2007 7:47:15 PM   
John Childress

[quote="Trekgeekscott"][quote="John Childress"][quote="Jeff Jesser"]I don't know if it's racism or not but JC is right on Mcnabb. I've said many times that he isn't a very accurate QB throwing the ball but he's a damn good QB overall. Hell, I'd take him in a NY minute.[/quote] Exactly Jeff He may not be in your Top 10 list of QBs but he at least has to make the Top 20 in even the most anti-McNabb person's mind. If he is a Top 20 QB how can you say that he doesn't belong? In fact, I dare someone to name 20 better QBs than McNabb right now.[/quote] 20? That's asking a lot, don't you think?[/quote]Not according to DJ!
Post #: 204
RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 9/27/2007 9:03:19 PM   
djskillz

[quote="John Childress"][quote="Trekgeekscott"][quote="John Childress"][quote="Jeff Jesser"]I don't know if it's racism or not but JC is right on Mcnabb. I've said many times that he isn't a very accurate QB throwing the ball but he's a damn good QB overall. Hell, I'd take him in a NY minute.[/quote] Exactly Jeff He may not be in your Top 10 list of QBs but he at least has to make the Top 20 in even the most anti-McNabb person's mind. If he is a Top 20 QB how can you say that he doesn't belong? In fact, I dare someone to name 20 better QBs than McNabb right now.[/quote] 20? That's asking a lot, don't you think?[/quote]Not according to DJ![/quote] Technically, I only named 19 for sure. :beer: With two that I think will be better by the end of this year or next year also.
Post #: 205
RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 9/27/2007 10:00:48 PM   
Easy E

[quote="djskilbr"]OK, obviously a bit of hyperbole there. I meant he would have not been starting, which I think might be the case, but you are right, it's a pretty sad state of affairs for starting QB's in the NFL right now. I still think McNabb is an awful qb. Philly won for their defense and Westbrook, not McNabb. And say what you want about that SB, I still think that was the worst SB performance I've seen by a QB in my life. It was unbelievable how many times his awful passes were hauled in to bail him out. I think I counted 5 accurate passes all day. I hate T.O., but he was completely right on McNabb.[/quote] I tell you, you must not have watched many Super Bowls. McNabb's performance was one of the better ones put up by a losing team in a long time. Westbrook hasn't been with the Iggles all that long, either. If McNabb had played like Grossman has, he'd have been benched his first year. And lastly, I'm ok having some QB's ahead of McNabb, but Steve McNair? John Kitna? Jeff Garcia? David (i'm so bad I can't beat out Jake Delhome) Carr.... you are really reaching. McNabb is a very good QB. I don't know why people keep bashing on him, I thought when his race got brought up by everyone a few years ago he handled it ok, but he just seems like a lighting rod. Usually, a QB puts up numbers like him, only to choke in the big games (ala Elway) it doesn't matter, people give him credit. McNabb seems to invite people to pick apart the minutest parts of his game. His raw numbers are impressive, his win count is impressive, and his ability is impressive. Why there are some people who think he's a horrible QB confounds me. I think that's why race keeps getting brought up with him. Maybe it's a personality defect, but the hate he gets doesn't seem to match his performance.
Post #: 206
RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 9/27/2007 10:22:10 PM   
Jeff Jesser

The only bad thing I can say about Mcnabb is that sometimes his passes are way off the mark. I mean, really, really bad. His good more than makes up for it though.
Post #: 207
RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 9/27/2007 11:51:58 PM   
djskillz

[quote="Jeff Jesser"]The only bad thing I can say about Mcnabb is that sometimes his passes are way off the mark. I mean, really, really bad. His good more than makes up for it though.[/quote] He and Eli are the two most inaccurate qb's in the league IMO. They're both atrocious in that regard. I guess that's my main problem with him. And yes, even in that SuperBowl, he was atrocious on accuracy. I don't care what the "stats" say on it; watch that game again and tell me he was accurate.
Post #: 208
RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 9/28/2007 3:02:37 PM   
JamieH

[quote="djskilbr"][quote="Jeff Jesser"]The only bad thing I can say about Mcnabb is that sometimes his passes are way off the mark. I mean, really, really bad. His good more than makes up for it though.[/quote] He and Eli are the two most inaccurate qb's in the league IMO. They're both atrocious in that regard. I guess that's my main problem with him. And yes, even in that SuperBowl, he was atrocious on accuracy. I don't care what the "stats" say on it; watch that game again and tell me he was accurate.[/quote] So Brady is great because he has won 3 Superbowls, and no-one even wants to look at the stats. But McNabb lead his team to mutiple NFCCG's, and a Superbowl were he played pretty well, but he sucks? Did I get that all right?
Post #: 209
RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 9/28/2007 4:21:41 PM   
Trekgeekscott

[quote="JamieH"][quote="djskilbr"][quote="Jeff Jesser"]The only bad thing I can say about Mcnabb is that sometimes his passes are way off the mark. I mean, really, really bad. His good more than makes up for it though.[/quote] He and Eli are the two most inaccurate qb's in the league IMO. They're both atrocious in that regard. I guess that's my main problem with him. And yes, even in that SuperBowl, he was atrocious on accuracy. I don't care what the "stats" say on it; watch that game again and tell me he was accurate.[/quote] So Brady is great because he has won 3 Superbowls, and no-one even wants to look at the stats. But McNabb lead his team to mutiple NFCCG's, and a Superbowl were he played pretty well, but he sucks? Did I get that all right?[/quote] Well, let's break the McNabb and the NFCCGs thing. 1. One of those years he missed most of the season with a broken ankle. 2. The defense on those eagle teams was awesome. 3. The Packers gave them a playoff game one year to get to the CG (4th and 26 anyone?) 4. McNabb couldn't get them to the SB until he had TO on the team with him I am not saying McNabb is a bad QB, but his teams have a tendency to win. But there is more factored into it than that. As for Tom Brady. He has one thing that most QBs don't have...he never loses his calm, and all of his teams were well coached (cheating helps I guess) and solid all around TEAM. Brady didn't win those games alone. He is a game manager. Until this year, his stats weren't really that impressive. But his TEAM always found ways to win. IMHO the QB gets too much credit or blame for a team's success/failure. Think about it.
Post #: 210
RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 9/28/2007 4:44:47 PM   
JamieH

[quote="Trekgeekscott"][quote="JamieH"][quote="djskilbr"][quote="Jeff Jesser"]The only bad thing I can say about Mcnabb is that sometimes his passes are way off the mark. I mean, really, really bad. His good more than makes up for it though.[/quote] He and Eli are the two most inaccurate qb's in the league IMO. They're both atrocious in that regard. I guess that's my main problem with him. And yes, even in that SuperBowl, he was atrocious on accuracy. I don't care what the "stats" say on it; watch that game again and tell me he was accurate.[/quote] So Brady is great because he has won 3 Superbowls, and no-one even wants to look at the stats. But McNabb lead his team to mutiple NFCCG's, and a Superbowl were he played pretty well, but he sucks? Did I get that all right?[/quote] Well, let's break the McNabb and the NFCCGs thing. 1. One of those years he missed most of the season with a broken ankle. 2. The defense on those eagle teams was awesome. 3. The Packers gave them a playoff game one year to get to the CG (4th and 26 anyone?) 4. McNabb couldn't get them to the SB until he had TO on the team with him I am not saying McNabb is a bad QB, but his teams have a tendency to win. But there is more factored into it than that. As for Tom Brady. He has one thing that most QBs don't have...he never loses his calm, and all of his teams were well coached (cheating helps I guess) and solid all around TEAM. Brady didn't win those games alone. He is a game manager. Until this year, his stats weren't really that impressive. But his TEAM always found ways to win. IMHO the QB gets too much credit or blame for a team's success/failure. Think about it.[/quote] Again, almost all those things could be said about Brady... 1) In the first NFCCG, he got hurt and Bledsoe came in and led the comeback. 2) The defense on those Patriot teams was awesome. 3) A goofy call gave them a playoff game one year (remember the tuck)?
Post #: 211
RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 9/28/2007 5:07:14 PM   
Rob Viking

[quote="djskilbr"][quote="El Duderino"][quote="John Childress"]In fact, I dare someone to name 20 better QBs than McNabb right now.[/quote] I'm fully expecting to fail, but anyway ... 1) Manning 2) Brady 3) Palmer 4) Romo (only considering current level of play - that kid is playing lights OUT right now) 5) Uh ... That is all.[/quote] I'd take about 15 more I think, in no particular order: Brees Rivers Roethlisberger Culpepper, yes Culpepper Cutler right NOW Bulger, and I'm no Bulger fan Alex Smith, yes right NOW Hasselbeck, and I hate him Kitna is about equal in my mind, and don't like him Garcia, again, about equal David CarrMatt Schaub McNair Vince Young Campbell And then there's a couple guys that I think ARE better (Clemons/Quinn) but can't really "say" that yet. JC, I know you're going to go off on this, and that's fine. I just really think McNabb is a terrible QB. I have NEVER seen him play a good game when watching the whole thing (in the NFL that is; again, loved him in college).[/quote] Most of these guys aren't half the QB McNabb is. I mean Alex Smith? With career QB rating of 65.8 he has had one good half @Seattle, other than that he has been no better than a QB in KA's offense.
Post #: 212
RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 9/28/2007 5:10:05 PM   
Rob Viking

Yes McNabb is inaccuarte at times, but at least his bad throws are low, and skip to the receiver. Better that than bad overthrows resulting in easy picks for safeties.
Post #: 213
RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 9/28/2007 5:19:24 PM   
John Childress

[quote="Rob Viking"][quote="djskilbr"][quote="El Duderino"][quote="John Childress"]In fact, I dare someone to name 20 better QBs than McNabb right now.[/quote] I'm fully expecting to fail, but anyway ... 1) Manning 2) Brady 3) Palmer 4) Romo (only considering current level of play - that kid is playing lights OUT right now) 5) Uh ... That is all.[/quote] I'd take about 15 more I think, in no particular order: Brees Rivers Roethlisberger Culpepper, yes Culpepper Cutler right NOW Bulger, and I'm no Bulger fan Alex Smith, yes right NOW Hasselbeck, and I hate him Kitna is about equal in my mind, and don't like him Garcia, again, about equal David CarrMatt Schaub McNair Vince Young Campbell And then there's a couple guys that I think ARE better (Clemons/Quinn) but can't really "say" that yet. JC, I know you're going to go off on this, and that's fine. I just really think McNabb is a terrible QB. I have NEVER seen him play a good game when watching the whole thing (in the NFL that is; again, loved him in college).[/quote] Most of these guys aren't half the QB McNabb is. I mean Alex Smith? With career QB rating of 65.8 he has had one good half @Seattle, other than that he has been no better than a QB in KA's offense.[/quote] When you start naming guys who were cut and still can't find a starting job and you name guys with 3 or 4 games under their belt then we know this list is really just a joke.
Post #: 214
RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 9/28/2007 5:45:44 PM   
David Levine

That's just "Dustin being Dustin". When he likes a player he REALLY LIKES him. When he doesn't like a player he REALLY DOESN'T LIKE him. And it takes quite a bit for him to change his mind. It's cool. It's his thing - he's very committed.
Post #: 215
RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 9/28/2007 5:48:36 PM   
JamieH

[quote="John Childress"][quote="Rob Viking"][quote="djskilbr"][quote="El Duderino"][quote="John Childress"]In fact, I dare someone to name 20 better QBs than McNabb right now.[/quote] I'm fully expecting to fail, but anyway ... 1) Manning 2) Brady 3) Palmer 4) Romo (only considering current level of play - that kid is playing lights OUT right now) 5) Uh ... That is all.[/quote] I'd take about 15 more I think, in no particular order: Brees Rivers Roethlisberger Culpepper, yes Culpepper Cutler right NOW Bulger, and I'm no Bulger fan Alex Smith, yes right NOW Hasselbeck, and I hate him Kitna is about equal in my mind, and don't like him Garcia, again, about equal David CarrMatt Schaub McNair Vince Young Campbell And then there's a couple guys that I think ARE better (Clemons/Quinn) but can't really "say" that yet. JC, I know you're going to go off on this, and that's fine. I just really think McNabb is a terrible QB. I have NEVER seen him play a good game when watching the whole thing (in the NFL that is; again, loved him in college).[/quote] Most of these guys aren't half the QB McNabb is. I mean Alex Smith? With career QB rating of 65.8 he has had one good half @Seattle, other than that he has been no better than a QB in KA's offense.[/quote] When you start naming guys who were cut and still can't find a starting job and you name guys with 3 or 4 games under their belt then we know this list is really just a joke.[/quote] As long as were are getting ridiculous, why not keep going? Tavaris Jackson Brooks Bollinger Kelly Holcomb Joe Namath (he would still be better right now) Bronco Nagurski (wrong position, not alive, but still better than McNabb) My grandma Bobo the Clown Any mosquito Come on, I can't believe that anyone of sound mind and body would even post that list. Not even I would come up with something that crazy!
Post #: 216
RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 9/28/2007 8:35:42 PM   
Todd M

Any mosquito :lol:
Post #: 217
RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 9/29/2007 7:40:28 AM   
djskillz

It's not that I think those guys are all that or anything, I just think McNabb is that bad. I really do. I can't wait until he leaves the Eagles and Andy Reid and that is proven once and for all. I guess my biggest thing is I just can't stand "hype." That is why I think I hate all of McNabb/Leinart/Eli more than anything, because I think all 3 are terrible, but get all kinds of undeserved hype due to other factors and/or teams around them. Three of the very worst QB's in the league IMO. We will see if I end up wrong on this one or not on McNabb, but seriously, watch him play a full game and track his decisions/passes 1 by 1. I think you'll be surprised at what you find re: his accuracy. It's atrocious.
Post #: 218
RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 9/29/2007 5:23:39 PM   
John Childress

McNabb and his accuracy problems are like Randy Moss and his "taking plays off". If Moss can consistently be one of the top WRs in the NFL for a decade taking plays off McNabb can consistently be one of the top QBs in the NFL for a decade with your accuracy issues. The truth is McNabb is clearly a top 5 QB by any objective measure wins playoff success TDs low INTs winning despite not having good WRs (except 04 and 06) etc
Post #: 219
RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 9/29/2007 6:16:51 PM   
David Levine

[quote="djskilbr"] We will see if I end up wrong on this one or not on McNabb, but seriously, watch him play a full game and track his decisions/passes 1 by 1. I think you'll be surprised at what you find re: his accuracy. It's atrocious.[/quote] I've watched more than a few full games. And yeah, sometimes he has accuracy issues. But he throws a great deep ball, and when he does miss, it's the best kind of miss - low and uncatchable by anyone. No, he's not a perfect QB, but if he does somehow become available next year, I'd take him in a heartbeat (provided TJack doesn't show remarkable improvement as the season goes on).
Post #: 220
RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 9/29/2007 6:22:08 PM   
Toby Stumbo

A New York Jets season-ticket holder filed a class-action lawsuit Friday against the New England Patriots and coach Bill Belichick for "deceiving customers." The lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court in Newark, N.J., by Carl Mayer of Princeton Township, N.J., stems from the Patriots being caught illegally videotaping signals from Jets coaches in New England's 38-14 season-opening win Sept. 9. "They violated the integrity of the game," Mayer's attorney, Bruce Afran, told The Associated Press. "This is a way of punishing Belichick and the Patriots." Mayer is seeking more than $184 million in damages for Jets ticket holders.
Post #: 221
RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 9/29/2007 6:39:07 PM   
Lynn G.

Can the rest of the NFL season ticket holders get in on that class action suit? :D
Post #: 222
RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 9/29/2007 8:02:03 PM   
Jim Frenette

[quote="Lynn Garthwaite"]Can the rest of the NFL season ticket holders get in on that class action suit? :D[/quote] Why not, they really picked our defense apart last year and it had to be because of their cheating ways.
Post #: 223
RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 10/8/2007 7:18:55 AM   
purplepulpit

[quote="David Levine"][quote="djskilbr"] We will see if I end up wrong on this one or not on McNabb, but seriously, watch him play a full game and track his decisions/passes 1 by 1. I think you'll be surprised at what you find re: his accuracy. It's atrocious.[/quote] I've watched more than a few full games. And yeah, sometimes he has accuracy issues. But he throws a great deep ball, and when he does miss, it's the best kind of miss - low and uncatchable by anyone. No, he's not a perfect QB, but if he does somehow become available next year, I'd take him in a heartbeat (provided TJack doesn't show remarkable improvement as the season goes on).[/quote] Right On
Post #: 224
RE: RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 3/9/2008 2:17:42 PM   
Duane Sampson

Specter Wants Walsh Letters Released
Sun Mar 9, 2008

ESPN reports Pennsylvania Senator Arlen Specter isn't buying what Roger Goodell is selling when it comes to how the NFL commissioner is handling the SpyGate controversy. The Republican Senator, according to a published report, doesn't think the NFL really wants to speak to former Patriots video assistant Matt Walsh. To prove the NFL is being genuine, Specter wants Goodell to release letters exchanged between the league and Walsh's attorneys, The New York Times reported. "I'd like to issue a challenge to the commissioner to make public the extensive exchange of correspondence between the league's lawyers and Walsh's lawyers," Specter told the newspaper. Specter took issue with how any potential new evidence would be handled in the case. "Any objective or accurate reading of the correspondence would show the NFL is trying to discourage Walsh from coming forward," Specter said. "Especially the requirement in the letter, where the NFL calls for the destruction of whatever Walsh turns over without any provision for me or anyone else to see it."
Post #: 225
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode