Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 9/17/2007 7:07:39 PM   
John Childress

Nice video BTW, how is that "pimpin'" turning out?
Post #: 126
RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 9/18/2007 1:20:25 AM   
djskillz

I really like both the Chargers and the Pats, but I'm happy that the Pats murdered them yesterday. 1) I'm sick and tired of the Chargers' bitching. LT, your own damn player CHEATED (Merriman)! Shut up and play. Then you'll get respect. 2) Belichek is the best coach in sports, nudging Coach K. And the best football coach of all-time if you ask me, considering what he has done in this era of parity. Glad to see him get some respect back.
Post #: 127
RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 9/18/2007 1:59:32 AM   
John Childress

Best football coach of all time? No way Bill Walsh and Paul Brown were not only great coaches but each of them populated the next generation of coaches.
Post #: 128
RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 9/18/2007 2:07:42 PM   
Duane Sampson

Brady Denies Getting Opposition's Defensive Calls Tue Sep 18, 2007 The Boston Herald reports New England Patriots QB Tom Brady hasn’t said much about the specific charges of cheating levied against his coach and team in wake of Camera-gate. But yesterday, during his weekly appearance on WEEI’s "Dennis & Callahan Show," Brady shot down the notion that he was getting information piped into the headset in his helmet after the opposing team’s defensive signals were being deciphered via illegal videotaping. Brady said it was "absurd" to think that he was getting in-game information. "By no means am I sitting here getting plays and getting defenses and checking plays based on defenses that I’m getting. That’s completely absurd," Brady said. "If that was the case, I think that’s just ridiculous. You know, I hear other players, based on what I’ve heard on television, that 'Brady’s getting defenses.' I’m saying, 'That’s just ridiculous.' That part does take away from what we have accomplished. People saying we’re looking for an easy way out, which isn’t the case. But like I said, we pick our battles, and the ones that we are most capable of fighting are the ones we play. Rather than respond with words, we respond through actions. It was a long week because you hear this, but at the same time, people will see." Brady called it "ignorant" for people to leap to certain conclusions about HC Bill Belichick or the team based on the finding and punishment of NFL commissioner Roger Goodell. In Sunday night’s 38-14 rout of San Diego, Brady threw for three touchdowns, marking the second time in his career he has thrown three or more TDs in back-to-back regular-season games.
Post #: 129
RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 9/18/2007 3:20:00 PM   
John Childress

"That part does take away from what we have accomplished" Then don't cheat! Blame your head coach for diminishing your achievements
Post #: 130
RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 9/18/2007 3:28:04 PM   
Cheesehead Craig

I see the NFL wants all notes and video from BB to see if there's any more of stuff like the Jets footage. BB says that he'll comply completely. Riiiiiiiight. He's just witnessed what 1 tape did to the Pats franchise and he's going to voluntarily forward what 12-15 more of them? If he does, he's a moron as that would guarantee his dismissal from the league and what would be known as a catastrophic penalty on the Pats organization. That's like asking Al Capone to volunteer all of his tax records.
Post #: 131
RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 9/18/2007 3:33:58 PM   
Lynn G.

I thought that they had already admitted that they had an entire library on all of the other NFL teams. I don't actually think submitting those as ordered will increase any penalties because I think their existence was already taken into account when Goodell levied the fines, etc. As for Brady - he doesn't get it. Even if he's not "getting defenses" in his headset, he's getting offensive plays called BASED ON the knowledge about what the defense has called. He may not personally hear what the defense is doing, but his coaches are, and they design their offensive plays based on that knowledge. Either Brady is really stupid - - - or he thinks we are.
Post #: 132
RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 9/19/2007 1:02:04 AM   
djskillz

[quote="John Childress"]Best football coach of all time? No way Bill Walsh and Paul Brown were not only great coaches but each of them populated the next generation of coaches.[/quote] I love Bill Walsh, but to me, what Belichek has done is more impressive, in this salary cap/parody league. To simply DOMINATE for a stretch like they have is amazing. And to me he made Parcells who he is too, not the other way around. Parcells never won squat without BB.
Post #: 133
RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 9/19/2007 2:11:37 AM   
Easy E

[quote="djskilbr"][quote="John Childress"]Best football coach of all time? No way Bill Walsh and Paul Brown were not only great coaches but each of them populated the next generation of coaches.[/quote] I love Bill Walsh, but to me, what Belichek has done is more impressive, in this salary cap/parody league. To simply DOMINATE for a stretch like they have is amazing. And to me he made Parcells who he is too, not the other way around. Parcells never won squat without BB.[/quote] The Patriots did not dominate. They won three super bowls, and each one was a squeaker. The salary cap and parody have actually helped Bill B, imo. The Patriots haven't really lost anyone that has hurt them, and they've added a lot. He's a very good coach, but no way is he the best of all time. He's not even close. He's ridden Tom Brady, parity, and cheating as well as anyone can expect. Joe Gibbs was a better coach, IMO. And he's not one of the top 5 of all time.
Post #: 134
RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 9/19/2007 2:18:26 AM   
Jake Carlson

There's no question in my mind that I would put Walsh at the top of my list not only because of his winning but because of the way he changed the entire game of football in how it is played and coached. Before Walsh came in, it was a completely different league and he implemented a system that everyone wanted to emulate, not to mention that his coaching tree is stronger than anyone's and incredibly successful! Granted it's early, but BB's coaching tree isn't fairing as well. You can argue for/against anyone based on what if's (what if Parcells didn't have Belichick, what if Belichick didn't have Brady,...), so I look at how they changed and impacted the game of football. Based on this criteria, I would consider a few other guys possibly ahead of Belichick as well as far as just being better coaches. When I think of all-time great coaches behind Walsh, I think of guys like Noll, Landry & Shula (I probably would have included Gibbs before he came back and knocked himself down a notch in my book).
Post #: 135
RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 9/19/2007 2:21:06 AM   
[quote="Jake Carlson"] When I think of all-time great coaches behind Walsh, I think of guys like Noll, Landry & Shula.[/quote] ************************************ No matter what the criteria, pretty hard to argue against those four.
  Post #: 136
RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 9/19/2007 2:44:43 AM   
John Childress

[quote="Pete C"][quote="Jake Carlson"] When I think of all-time great coaches behind Walsh, I think of guys like Noll, Landry & Shula.[/quote] ************************************ No matter what the criteria, pretty hard to argue against those four.[/quote] Bill Belichick isn't even in the top 5 coaches. Even though he has 2 less rings, Dungy has had a greater impact on football than him. As mentioned, Gibbs was much more impressive winning 3 Super Bowls with 3 DIFFERENT QBs (and very few constants outside of Green).
Post #: 137
RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 9/19/2007 4:06:05 AM   
purplepulpit

That is funny, I could not care less how any coach ranks all time, Th SB champions is what it's all about period! There have been some great coaches that never won it all but then again it is not about individual accomplishments in a TEAM sport.
Post #: 138
RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 9/19/2007 12:53:05 PM   
Anyone sucking up to Billecheat as "best ever" football coach is too young to remember landry, brown, knoll, walsh, and a host of others. Instant credibility loss.
  Post #: 139
RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 9/19/2007 3:59:51 PM   
Trekgeekscott

Bilichick should get some credit as one of best of this era. He has taken some teams, with glaring weaknesses to the playoffs, and won 3 superbowls with them. What is scary is the team he is now fielding has very few weaknesses. Barring injury that team could be one of the best ever. Too bad the cheating thing will tarnish that. I did find it funny some people said that they won Sunday without the cheating... When the whole point of the videotaping was to help establish game planning and read/react to what the other team was doing. It's foolish to think they didn't use any of that information they had to establish last week's gameplan.
Post #: 140
RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 9/19/2007 4:18:40 PM   
Lynn G.

Good point Scott. You can bet that Belichick used PRIOR tapes to prepare for last Sunday's game. The only difference is that they weren't doing any fresh tapes that day.
Post #: 141
RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 9/19/2007 4:21:00 PM   
So.Mn.Fan

[quote="Danimal"]Anyone sucking up to Billecheat as "best ever" football coach is too young to remember landry, brown, knoll, walsh, and a host of others. Instant credibility loss.[/quote] Damn, here goes my credibility (like I ever had any) I'm old, lived thru the best days of all the guys you mentioned, Dan, and I still put Bill B in the top 5 already, all-time. Results. That is what matters. His teams are never un-prepared. NEVER. His teams are never out-smarted. His players do not question him. He takes what he has and shuts down what you think you have. If my life depended on one football game and I could choose any coach to win it for me, (with a week to prepare), Bill B gets my vote. Just more-rounded on both sides of the ball, imo.
Post #: 142
RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 9/19/2007 7:00:59 PM   
djskillz

[quote="So.Mn.Fan"][quote="Danimal"]Anyone sucking up to Billecheat as "best ever" football coach is too young to remember landry, brown, knoll, walsh, and a host of others. Instant credibility loss.[/quote] Damn, here goes my credibility (like I ever had any) I'm old, lived thru the best days of all the guys you mentioned, Dan, and I still put Bill B in the top 5 already, all-time. Results. That is what matters. His teams are never un-prepared. NEVER. His teams are never out-smarted. His players do not question him. He takes what he has and shuts down what you think you have. If my life depended on one football game and I could choose any coach to win it for me, (with a week to prepare), Bill B gets my vote. Just more-rounded on both sides of the ball, imo.[/quote] Thanks for the backup, Scott. That's EXACTLY my thinking.
Post #: 143
RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 9/19/2007 10:43:42 PM   
top 5 my ass!! Walsh Landry Lombardi Joe Gibbs Jimmy Johnson Don Shula Chuck Knoll A cheater beats out any of these? Era or no Era Billecheat is a fraud.
  Post #: 144
RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 9/20/2007 12:01:16 AM   
Easy E

[quote="So.Mn.Fan"][quote="Danimal"]Anyone sucking up to Billecheat as "best ever" football coach is too young to remember landry, brown, knoll, walsh, and a host of others. Instant credibility loss.[/quote] Damn, here goes my credibility (like I ever had any) I'm old, lived thru the best days of all the guys you mentioned, Dan, and I still put Bill B in the top 5 already, all-time. Results. That is what matters. His teams are never un-prepared. NEVER. His teams are never out-smarted. His players do not question him. He takes what he has and shuts down what you think you have. If my life depended on one football game and I could choose any coach to win it for me, (with a week to prepare), Bill B gets my vote. Just more-rounded on both sides of the ball, imo.[/quote] Bill B's legend is greater than his accomplishents. Have people watched the last 2 post seasons by the Patsies? Did they look totally prepared and were they shutting everyone down? They got so many breaks to win their first Super Bowl, from a bad call to a stupid coach who refused to use his best weapon... by 3. They beat a Panther team, with a QB starting his first season... by 3. They beat an Iggles team who's best player was hurt, and who's QB was sick... by 3. Each Super Bowl they've won has been incredibly close. A great coach waxes his opponents with a killer plan, when you're winning by such a narrow margin, it's totally omcing down to your players. Bill will enter my "top of all time" coaching list if he takes BY FAR the most talented team in the league and rolls to a Super Bowl. Let's see him do it. Something tells me that despite the most talent, the Patsies are going to come up short this year. Given the same time frame, etc, Walsh would game plan the pant off Bill B. Take away Bill B's shady tactics, and all those razor close wins might become losses. And count me as officailly sick of the Patriots being "upset" about their coach cheating and getting caught. They are being worse whiners about it than anyone. Bill is a great coach, no doubt. Greatest of all-time? Not to me, no way.
Post #: 145
RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 9/20/2007 1:52:01 AM   
djskillz

I'll be shocked if the Pats don't win it this year, E. So save some room on that "top" board. :cool:
Post #: 146
RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 9/20/2007 2:30:13 AM   
So.Mn.Fan

Congrats, we all have opinions. Guess mine is worth less. And btw, they will win it this year. What do all those great coaches have in common? The better their roster, the better they coached. It's not that hard to figure out, those good organizations all did (do) what it takes. Sets them apart.
Post #: 147
RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 9/20/2007 6:18:44 AM   
Easy E

[quote="So.Mn.Fan"]Congrats, we all have opinions. Guess mine is worth less. And btw, they will win it this year. What do all those great coaches have in common? The better their roster, the better they coached. It's not that hard to figure out, those good organizations all did (do) what it takes. Sets them apart.[/quote] Your opinion isn't worth any less. I loved my old John Mellencamp tagline. I fully say that if Cheatin Bill wins the Super Bowl this year, he will crack my top 5. Even if he knows every play coming. Let's see if he makes it. I have a feeling he won't.
Post #: 148
RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 9/20/2007 2:41:07 PM   
John Childress

Bill is climbing up the ladder but there are several rungs in front of him still Walsh Lombardi Brown Gibbs Landry Shula Noll Those guys are in a class by themself. Look at the impact (ex Noll) that they had on the game and coaches that followed? After those you get to the next rung Belichick Johnson Parcels Shanahan Stram Then the next rung Madden Cohwer Dungy Flores Levy Holmgren Vermeil
Post #: 149
RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats - 9/20/2007 2:53:28 PM   
Lynn G.

Doesn't Bud Grant make that list?
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE:Those Lying Cheating Pats Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode