Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General NHL Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> RE: General NHL Talk Page: <<   < prev  128 129 [130] 131 132   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General NHL Talk - 11/11/2017 8:46:22 PM   
joejitsu

Oh, wait. I take that back. The kids pull it out in the end. 4-3, Hawks. Nice third period and overtime.
Post #: 3226
RE: General NHL Talk - 11/13/2017 8:12:43 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

2-0, hurricanes. I give up. The Hawks look really bad right now. And, to add insult to injury, TVR and about 5 former Hawks are playing for the canes. More Bulleit, please!

Never out of a game there.
Musta used up some juice, got stomped in NJ
Devils are much improved
Post #: 3227
RE: General NHL Talk - 11/13/2017 1:03:47 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

2-0, hurricanes. I give up. The Hawks look really bad right now. And, to add insult to injury, TVR and about 5 former Hawks are playing for the canes. More Bulleit, please!

Never out of a game there.
Musta used up some juice, got stomped in NJ
Devils are much improved

They have a history of being strong on the other side of the blue line, but they have an offensive punch now, too. The Hawks looked really out of it last night. Maybe they all watched the bears game before they hit the ice?
Post #: 3228
RE: General NHL Talk - 11/15/2017 7:19:28 PM   
joejitsu

Hawks look flat AGAIN. They are playing European hockey in a North American league. Stop with all the extra passes and throw the puck at the net, for chrissakes!
Post #: 3229
RE: General NHL Talk - 11/17/2017 12:44:34 AM   
SoMnFan

WTH is going on in this league?
There are like 15 teams that are 9-7-2 or pretty similar
Its ridiculous
Post #: 3230
RE: General NHL Talk - 11/17/2017 1:45:21 AM   
SoMnFan

Great to see Jordan Schroeder get the call-up for the Blue Jackets this week.
Like that kid.
Post #: 3231
RE: General NHL Talk - 11/18/2017 7:54:58 PM   
SoMnFan

Kuemper with a shutout win for the Kings today
Folin playing very well also
Post #: 3232
RE: General NHL Talk - 11/22/2017 1:29:28 AM   
SoMnFan

Top of the league ....
Mike Yeo and the Blues.

Post #: 3233
RE: General NHL Talk - 11/22/2017 9:50:41 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

Kuemper is 4-3 with a 1.62 GAA and a .943 SV%.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 3234
RE: General NHL Talk - 11/22/2017 1:29:58 PM   
kevinemmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

Holy crap Kuemps!

Dang
Post #: 3235
RE: General NHL Talk - 11/22/2017 5:54:17 PM   
stfrank

The way all the former Wild players are producing after moving on makes one wonder what kind of toxic environment we have here........
Post #: 3236
RE: General NHL Talk - 11/22/2017 7:12:50 PM   
joejitsu

Hawks are looking pretty good tonight. They killed a two man advantage and scored on their next opportunity. 2-0.
Post #: 3237
RE: General NHL Talk - 11/22/2017 11:32:38 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

But....... Dubnyk is slow and lazy and gives up at least 4 goals a night, no matter what quality the shots are.
So, we have that going for us, which is, in someways better, I guess.
Must be.
Because every GD part time fan and Mn media person spends hours each day telling us how much bad luck and how many bad bounces he gets.
The idiot Greenlay spent at least ten minutes tonight explaining how easy, slow, pucks got in the net behind the big Doob.
I analyzed it for a half second and came up with .... Because HE SUCKS
Post #: 3238
RE: General NHL Talk - 11/23/2017 6:37:18 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

Hawks are looking pretty good tonight. They killed a two man advantage and scored on their next opportunity. 2-0.

Ning are damn good this year, man ...
MIGHT finally be the year for them.
My youngest son loves that team.
If Stamkos stays healthy all year, gotta be the favorites.
Post #: 3239
RE: General NHL Talk - 11/23/2017 6:38:32 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: stfrank

The way all the former Wild players and coaches are producing after moving on makes one wonder what kind of toxic environment we have here........

Ftfy
Post #: 3240
RE: General NHL Talk - 11/23/2017 6:41:29 AM   
stfrank

A little blurb from Russo:

Mike Reilly benched; Nate Prosser bound for waivers
Sources say St. Louis Blues defenseman Nate Prosser will be placed on waivers Thursday or Friday, and one wonders if the Wild will put in a claim for the Elk River native to bring him back to Minnesota for a third stint.
Prosser, 31, has only played one game for the Blues this season after 282 for the Wild the previous eight seasons. The Wild coincidentally play in St. Louis on Saturday.
This would not be a topic if the Wild weren’t having such issues with third-pair defensemen Kyle Quincey, Mike Reilly and Gustav Olofsson.
All three have struggled at times, and Boudreau has essentially rotated the three as a nightly healthy scratch. Wednesday was Quincey’s turn two games after he took a bad penalty in Washington and one game after Olofsson had two shots go off of him and into his own net.
Wednesday, Reilly struggled mightily.
He took two penalties, turned the puck over for a goal, had major puck-handling problems on one late second-period power play and played a big part in the Sabres’ third goal.
He didn’t play a single shift in the third period.
“Well, he earned it,” Boudreau said of Reilly’s benching. “Look it, he sat out two of the last three games, so he’s probably a little nervous, takes a couple penalties, and once you get out there — I’ve been there, you’re afraid to touch the puck. (Assistant coach) Bob (Woods) said, ‘Should we keep playing him?’ And I said, ‘Listen, we’re going to play to win tonight. This is a winnable game, play to win and we’ll worry about that the next night.’
“So, I was the one that said, ‘Just play to win.’ If we had to play two defensemen, we would have. I thought this was an important game for us to win considering how many games we have against the Central Division coming up (four of the next five) and how many teams that are playing and going to gain points tonight. We don’t want to get too far behind the loop.”
Boudreau said the play of Reilly and Olofsson is “an issue, but they’re young. You’ve got to keep throwing them into the fire. It’s the only way they get better. If you completely sit them all the time, then they’re going to be like that every game. Sometimes you just have to take your lumps and keep playing them.”
But a perplexing thing is the Wild signed the left-shot Quincey to play the right side.
For some reason, it’s the young left-shot Reilly and Olofsson being forced to play their off side every night.
So, it would not be surprising if the Wild look to bring in a right-shot defenseman, whether it’s Prosser or somebody else at some point.
Reilly has another eight games before he’ll need waivers to get to American Hockey League Iowa.

Do we really want Prosser back......??
Post #: 3241
RE: General NHL Talk - 12/2/2017 6:30:22 PM   
SoMnFan

Phlyers lose their tenth straight today
Ouch!
Franchise record.
See that red blinking light Haknstall?
Post #: 3242
RE: General NHL Talk - 12/2/2017 6:53:08 PM   
SoMnFan

Unfortunately, Sabres have lost 10 of 11 too
Not a good start for a good man (Housley)
One of the best players ever, sometimes it just doesn't relate to coaching tho
Post #: 3243
RE: General NHL Talk - 12/5/2017 10:56:33 AM   
SoMnFan

Minnesota Men's Hockey

#Gophers alum Travis Boyd will make his NHL debut tonight with the Washington Capitals! Boyd is the 19th Gopher Hockey alum to play in the NHL this season and the 114th NHL alum in program history
Post #: 3244
RE: General NHL Talk - 12/6/2017 7:34:42 PM   
joejitsu

Geez. The Hawks do not look very good right now. This road trip has exposed some weaknesses that I thought were bubbling under the surface.
Post #: 3245
RE: General NHL Talk - 12/6/2017 7:37:42 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

Geez. The Hawks do not look very good right now. This road trip has exposed some weaknesses that I thought were bubbling under the surface.

Hate to admit it, but when I feel bad about the Wild, I look and see how the Hawks are doing.
And when they are struggling too, I feel better.
I'm pathetic.
Post #: 3246
RE: General NHL Talk - 12/6/2017 7:45:49 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

quote:

Hate to admit it, but when I feel bad about the Wild, I look and see how the Hawks are doing.
I'm pathetic.

Ha! Misery loves company. And I love Wild Turkey when the Hawks play this bad. Forsberg gives up 3 goals in FOUR shots. I bet I could almost do that good!
Post #: 3247
RE: General NHL Talk - 12/6/2017 7:46:52 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm pathetic.

Ha! Misery loves company. And I love Wild Turkey when the Hawks play this bad. Forsberg gives up 3 goals in FOUR shots. I bet I could almost do that good!

Those are Doobie numbers my friend.
You're fortunate, because you won't have to listen to a couple of ding-dongs tell you that you aren't seeing what you are seeing.
That's maybe the worst part of our fate.

< Message edited by SoMnFan -- 12/6/2017 7:48:00 PM >
Post #: 3248
RE: General NHL Talk - 12/6/2017 7:52:17 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm pathetic.

Those are Doobie numbers my friend.
You're fortunate, because you won't have to listen to a couple of ding-dongs tell you that you aren't seeing what you are seeing.
That's maybe the worst part of our fate.

That's the most frustrating part of being a fan. The whole "your eyes are not telling you the whole story" mindset pisses me off. A fan can feel when the team is struggling.
Post #: 3249
RE: General NHL Talk - 12/6/2017 7:53:32 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm pathetic.

Hawks are old, Wild are a mix of young and old, but mostly old. Gonna be a long time until either are relevant again. Cherish the memories of the last several years.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 3250
Page:   <<   < prev  128 129 [130] 131 132   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> RE: General NHL Talk Page: <<   < prev  128 129 [130] 131 132   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode