Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General NHL

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> RE: General NHL Page: <<   < prev  85 86 [87] 88 89   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General NHL - 6/25/2015 3:45:15 PM   
SoMnFan

3 on 3 on NHL ice is ridiculous.
4 on 4 had already cut your "usable" guys in half or more ... this will only allow certain players the opp to be out there, and those guys will be GASSED shortly.
Al the purists think shoot-outs are stupid ways to decide games?
3 on 3 is NOTHING Like the game they just played to a tie for the previous three periods.
Dumdadumdum.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 2151
RE: General NHL - 6/26/2015 6:13:05 PM   
drew

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

4 on 4 had already cut your "usable" guys in half or more ... this will only allow certain players the opp to be out there, and those guys will be GASSED shortly.
3 on 3 is NOTHING Like the game they just played to a tie for the previous three periods.
Dumdadumdum.

Good thoughts here, I've never thought about 4 on 4 that way, and 3 on 3 will be even less like the game.

I think if the game is tied after OT, it should just be a tie. Some games being worth 3 points while most are worth 2 is strange.
Post #: 2152
RE: General NHL - 6/27/2015 2:11:04 PM   
Stacey King

The #Blackhawks have acquired forward Ryan Haggerty from the Rangers in exchange for goaltender Antti Raanta.
Post #: 2153
RE: General NHL - 6/27/2015 7:25:57 PM   
Stacey King

Taylor Hall

@hallsy04

Welcome to Edmonton, Connor. Don't mess up everything we've built the last 5 years!
Post #: 2154
RE: General NHL - 6/27/2015 8:28:57 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: drew

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Dumdadumdum.

Good thoughts here, I've never thought about 4 on 4 that way, and 3 on 3 will be even less like the game.

I think if the game is tied after OT, it should just be a tie. Some games being worth 3 points while most are worth 2 is strange.

I agree. You see the teams playing conservatively before the end of regulation so they can secure their point. How about if we go the other way with this? A win in regulation can be worth five points. A win in overtime can be worth three with nothing awarded to the loser. A win in a shootout can be worth one point, with the loser awarded nothing. Then we will see even more aggressive play at the end of the game and we will see less shootouts.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 2155
RE: General NHL - 6/27/2015 10:19:41 PM   
TJSweens

I don't mind the 3 on 3 at all. It reduces games decided by shootout. The only change I would make is that you get no points for an OT loss. You win, you win. Otherwise you lose. No more rewarding teams for losing.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 2156
RE: General NHL - 6/27/2015 11:33:58 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stacey King

Taylor Hall

@hallsy04

Welcome to Edmonton, Connor. Don't mess up everything we've built the last 5 years!

Losses and basically, #1 picks? Classy....
Post #: 2157
RE: General NHL - 6/28/2015 9:27:52 AM   
stfrank

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

quote:

Taylor Hall

@hallsy04

Sounds like those #1 picks need an attitude adjustment if they ever want to climb out of the basement....
Post #: 2158
RE: General NHL - 6/28/2015 9:45:14 AM   
Jeff Jesser

I like em' right where the are
Post #: 2159
RE: General NHL - 6/29/2015 2:19:15 PM   
Stacey King

I think a lawyer or two for Richards may have something to say about this. The Kings are going to try to get out of the 22M -and 5.75 cap hit- they owe Mike Richards for the next 5 seasons. Material Breach?

The Los Angeles Kings have terminated the contract of forward Mike Richards, the club announced today.

The club has issued the following statement and will not comment any further at this time:

“The Los Angeles Kings today have exercised the team's right to terminate the contract of Mike Richards for a material breach of the requirements of his Standard Player's Contract. We are not prepared to provide any more detail or to discuss the underlying grounds for the contract termination at this time.”
Post #: 2160
RE: General NHL - 6/29/2015 3:08:46 PM   
Stacey King

Phil Housley makes the HOF.

South St. Paul under Doug Woog.
on to the Sabres under Scotty Bowman.

then many coaches later... on to the Hall Of Fame.

Congrats Phil.
Post #: 2161
RE: General NHL - 6/29/2015 6:01:19 PM   
SoMnFan

Hear hear
Maybe one of the greatest step-ups in the history of sport.
Went from Minnesota schoolboy to NHL star in a heartbeat.
No in-between bullshit at all. That's unfathomable when you think about it.
One incredible talent.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 2162
RE: General NHL - 6/29/2015 7:21:39 PM   
SoMnFan

Stars ink Niemi, three years

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 2163
RE: General NHL - 6/30/2015 11:17:04 AM   
Stacey King

Here’s why it took so long for Housley to make HHOF grade
by Brian Costello

Phil Housley retired as the fourth-leading defenseman scorer in the history of the NHL. Only Ray Bourque, Paul Coffey and Al MacInnis had more points from the blueline than him. So why did it take him 10 attempts to get voted into the Hockey Hall of Fame?

There are a couple of theories. The first is Housley spent a good chunk of his early seasons with the Buffalo Sabres playing forward and racking up points. That’s a misconception. Housley made the massive jump from Minnesota high school to the NHL as an 18-year-old (after being selected sixth overall by Buffalo in 1982) and managed 19 goals and 66 points in 77 games as a rookie defenseman. Sure, it was the live puck era, but it was a celebrated feat nonetheless.

Housley followed up with 31 goals and 77 points as a Sabres sophomore the next year and went on to 11 straight seasons with at least 60 points.

Now, there was a stretch during his third and fourth seasons in Buffalo when coach Scotty Bowman experimented with Housley as a forward. By his own admission upon retirement in 2003, Housley told The Hockey News he played no more than 25 games as a forward in each of his third and fourth seasons (1984-85 and 1985-86) with the Sabres. That’s just 50 games total out of 1,495 during his career. That’s about 3.3 percent of his NHL playing time. That’s it. 50 games.

In those two seasons when he played some games at forward, Housley had 69 and 62 points, which is actually below his eight-year Buffalo average of 70 points.

Another theory why Housley kept getting snubbed by the Hall of Fame since 2006 is he was a prickly personality at times. One member of the selection committee told me many years ago he’d have a very tough time voting for Housley because he was such a difficult person to deal with. Downright ornery at times.

You can debate in the comments section whether a player’s off-ice traits or indiscretions should stall his Hall of Fame entry. Fact is, it did for the likes of Doug Gilmour, Dino Ciccarelli, Glenn Anderson and Pavel Bure over the years and still may be for guys like Theo Fleury, Eric Lindros and Tom Barrasso.

On the ice, Housley was a true star. He played during the same era as Coffey and shared a lot of the same attributes. Terrific skater, great passing and playmaking skills, sublime hockey IQ. Like Coffey, Housley wasn’t the strongest defensively, but his offense more than made up for it. Housley never won a Norris Trophy, nor did he ever finish as a runner-up. And he was selected to the NHL’s second all-star team just once – and he never won a Stanley Cup.

But on sheer numbers alone, Housley should have been a Hall of Famer years ago. Let me repeat – fourth all-time in defensemen scoring with 338 goals and 1,232 points. That’s more points than live puck-era inducted forwards such as Ciccarelli, Michel Goulet, Darryl Sittler, Bernie Federko, Joe Nieuwendyk and Anderson.

Housley’s induction ceremony begins Nov. 6 in Toronto.

< Message edited by Stacey King -- 6/30/2015 12:23:55 PM >
Post #: 2164
RE: General NHL - 6/30/2015 12:21:36 PM   
Stacey King

My top NHL forwards age 23 and younger:

Nathan MacKinnon – sophomore slump can’t change the fact he is a Franchise Center. The speed/ size combo and ability to make plays with his hands at high speed set him apart.

Tyler Seguin –Put maturity issues from Bruins behind him. Dallas is the perfect fit with 37 goals in each of his two seasons there. Would have had 40+ this season if not for a cheap shot knee injury

Vladimir Tarasenko – Human Highlight Reel. Game changer, gets goals at important times

Ryan Johansen – He’s big, he’s skilled, and he’s good. Backed up his training camp holdout with a stellar season. Has 63 and 71 point seasons in the bank already at age 22.

Jonathan Drouin –Tampa broke him in slowly. With the puck on his stick he is the definition of dangerous. Puts d-men on their heels. Just 20-years old he is going to be very, very good.

Filip Forsberg – A Henrik Zetterberg in the making. 63 points and a plus 15 at age 20.

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins –Edmonton was/is a mess, this kid wasn’t. A miracle he was only -12 the last two seasons on that squad. Slight of build but gets it done

Taylor Hall – Too much put on his shoulders too soon. Needs to rein in reckless play and stay on the ice.

Tyler Toffoli – Natural goal scorer. Has the knack in spite of elite level skating.

Nikita Kucherov – 64 points and a plus 38 at age 22. Consistent sniper, could be the best of the triplets.

Gabriel Landeskog –Under the radar point producer. A chippy Captain. Not flashy just solid.

Brandon Saad –Steady progression toward a top 6 forward spot on the Blackhawks. Once there fulltime, he will be there for awhile

Evander Kane – Needs a #1 center to help him but this power forward could reel off 30+ goal seasons in Buffalo with Eichel and O’Reilly feeding him.
Post #: 2165
RE: General NHL - 6/30/2015 12:32:30 PM   
Stacey King

quote:

ORIGINAL: stfrank

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

quote:

Taylor Hall

@hallsy04

Sounds like those #1 picks need an attitude adjustment if they ever want to climb out of the basement....

it was tongue in cheek humor, that is how I took it.
Post #: 2166
RE: General NHL - 6/30/2015 12:56:14 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

My top NHL forwards age 23 and younger:

Nathan MacKinnon – sophomore slump can’t change the fact he is a Franchise Center. The speed/ size combo and ability to make plays with his hands at high speed set him apart.

Tyler Seguin –Put maturity issues from Bruins behind him. Dallas is the perfect fit with 37 goals in each of his two seasons there. Would have had 40+ this season if not for a cheap shot knee injury

Vladimir Tarasenko – Human Highlight Reel. Game changer, gets goals at important times

Ryan Johansen – He’s big, he’s skilled, and he’s good. Backed up his training camp holdout with a stellar season. Has 63 and 71 point seasons in the bank already at age 22.

Jonathan Drouin –Tampa broke him in slowly. With the puck on his stick he is the definition of dangerous. Puts d-men on their heels. Just 20-years old he is going to be very, very good.

Filip Forsberg – A Henrik Zetterberg in the making. 63 points and a plus 15 at age 20.

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins –Edmonton was/is a mess, this kid wasn’t. A miracle he was only -12 the last two seasons on that squad. Slight of build but gets it done

Taylor Hall – Too much put on his shoulders too soon. Needs to rein in reckless play and stay on the ice.

Tyler Toffoli – Natural goal scorer. Has the knack in spite of elite level skating.

Nikita Kucherov – 64 points and a plus 38 at age 22. Consistent sniper, could be the best of the triplets.

Gabriel Landeskog –Under the radar point producer. A chippy Captain. Not flashy just solid.

Brandon Saad –Steady progression toward a top 6 forward spot on the Blackhawks. Once there fulltime, he will be there for awhile

Evander Kane – Needs a #1 center to help him but this power forward could reel off 30+ goal seasons in Buffalo with Eichel and O’Reilly feeding him.

Sad to see none of our guys on that list but I understand. I NEVER thought Granlund would be this behind the curve.
Post #: 2167
RE: General NHL - 6/30/2015 1:27:33 PM   
SoMnFan

Damn good list.
As usual, the West is loaded.
And we need to step it up.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 2168
RE: General NHL - 6/30/2015 4:10:24 PM   
Stacey King

holy.. don't know what for yet?

Brandon Saad traded to CBJ.
Post #: 2169
RE: General NHL - 6/30/2015 4:12:00 PM   
Stacey King

Saad has been traded to CLB. as @reporterchris tweeted, Anisimov and Dano part of return.
Post #: 2170
RE: General NHL - 6/30/2015 4:12:03 PM   
SoMnFan

Better be for half the franchise ... Or something's weird.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 2171
RE: General NHL - 6/30/2015 4:13:49 PM   
SoMnFan

Take all the knives, pills, and ropes out of joejitsus house .... NOW!

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 2172
RE: General NHL - 6/30/2015 4:16:54 PM   
Stacey King

Saad is RFA and Hawks needed to move Sharp for $ flexibility.

Didn't do it at draft b/c he has 5.5 and 5 due the next two seasons and their asking price (at least for public consumption) was very high in trade

Saad extension talks must not have gone well.
Post #: 2173
RE: General NHL - 6/30/2015 4:17:40 PM   
SoMnFan

He was looking like their next big thing to me.
Glad to see him move on.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 2174
RE: General NHL - 6/30/2015 4:18:35 PM   
Stacey King

Chicago scared of Saad offer sheet coming evidently.
Post #: 2175
Page:   <<   < prev  85 86 [87] 88 89   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> RE: General NHL Page: <<   < prev  85 86 [87] 88 89   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode