Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Gopher Basketball (Womens)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Golden Gophers >> RE: Gopher Basketball (Womens) Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Gopher Basketball (Womens) - 1/27/2014 11:03:29 AM  1 votes
TJSweens

I would actually like to see her fired right now. This team is underachieving badly and Rachel Bahnam's junior year is being wasted. Shit can Borton and rev up the Villa 7 machine to get us a top flight coach.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 76
RE: Gopher Basketball (Womens) - 1/29/2014 10:11:40 AM   
Jim Frenette

Reusse has been reading this forum because he did a piece on what Tim has been asking for sometime now, replacing Borton

Fargo
Post #: 77
RE: Gopher Basketball (Womens) - 1/29/2014 10:27:47 AM   
TJSweens

Minnyme has been on that for longer than I have and yes it is so obvious that even Ruesse has picked up on it. It's clear that Borton does not understand X's and O's. Her offensive schemes have left her teams looking confused and disorganized for years. Rachel Bahnam college career is just being wasted. She could have been the corner stone of something big for this program. Instead she is sitting next to Borton at a press conference looking dejected. Borton says her team needs a sense of urgency. I think it urgently needs a new coach.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 78
RE: Gopher Basketball (Womens) - 1/29/2014 3:07:22 PM   
Jim Frenette

Having Reusse write about it will help make the move quicker. The U doesn't want this type publicity

Fargo
Post #: 79
RE: Gopher Basketball (Womens) - 1/30/2014 1:10:17 PM   
TJSweens

Another really bad loss. Seriously, Borton needs to go NOW.

Post #: 80
RE: Gopher Basketball (Womens) - 1/30/2014 1:54:50 PM   
SoMnFan

What was the name of the gal we had ... that I see all the time on ESPN ... at Maryland now maybe?
Or maybe I'm crazy.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 81
RE: Gopher Basketball (Womens) - 1/30/2014 2:01:32 PM   
TJSweens

Brenda Freise. Back then it was Brenda Oldfield.

Post #: 82
RE: Gopher Basketball (Womens) - 1/30/2014 2:05:09 PM   
SoMnFan

Ahhh, yeah. Thanks. I see her now on ESPN and go ... "did I date her, or did she coach here"?
Thanks for clearing that up.
She's been wildly successful, no?
(not unusual for those I used to date)

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 83
RE: Gopher Basketball (Womens) - 1/30/2014 2:50:41 PM   
TJSweens

She was married when she was here, so hopefully you weren't dating her.

Post #: 84
RE: Gopher Basketball (Womens) - 1/31/2014 1:51:05 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

She was married when she was here, so hopefully you weren't dating her.

Shhhhhhhhhhh 

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 85
RE: Gopher Basketball (Womens) - 1/31/2014 10:34:35 PM   
Minnyme

quote:

Minnyme has been on that for longer than I have and yes it is so obvious that even Ruesse has picked up on it. It's clear that Borton does not understand X's and O's. Her offensive schemes have left her teams looking confused and disorganized for years. Rachel Bahnam college career is just being wasted. She could have been the corner stone of something big for this program. Instead she is sitting next to Borton at a press conference looking dejected. Borton says her team needs a sense of urgency. I think it urgently needs a new coach.

Thanks TJS and you nailed some of my thoughts. I’ve thought she should have got the boot after the 2006 season. It was after that season the mass exodus took place. That season she graduated 6 seniors and had 5 players (3 or 4 would have been starters) walk away from her program. So she has now had 8 season, 8 YEARS really , to recover, to try to fix what she screwed up.

Every year she starts the season by throwing the previous year’s senior class under the bus and speaks so highly of the promise of the current squad. After a rather soft pre-conference schedule, she’s been throwing the post players under the bus. One a senior M. Riche who has regressed as most seniors do and the other the frosh AZB who is now getting banged around in Big10 competition after putting up big numbers against the little sisters of the poor.

Now, next year the Big10 adds Maryland and Rutgers, 2 big time Women’s programs; a Borton coached team is just going to sink lower in the conference. Norwood can't be this blind going into his 2nd yr can he?

But hey you got another chance to watch the train wreck, the Women are on BTN tomorrow (Sat 2/1) for an 11 am road game at Michigan. Who knows which team will so up.
Post #: 86
RE: Gopher Basketball (Womens) - 2/1/2014 2:08:49 PM   
Jim Frenette

Nice win for the ladies today. Great game for Baily. Need to give her more playing time

Fargo
Post #: 87
RE: Gopher Basketball (Womens) - 2/16/2014 10:26:35 AM   
Jim Frenette

The women have now won 4 in a row and 500 for the year.

Fargo
Post #: 88
RE: Gopher Basketball (Womens) - 2/16/2014 7:31:51 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jim Frenette

The women have now won 4 in a row and 500 for the year.

We should discuss firing coaches more often, apparently.  

< Message edited by SoMnFan -- 2/25/2014 9:05:47 AM >

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 89
RE: Gopher Basketball (Womens) - 2/24/2014 8:14:21 PM   
twinsfan

I watched the end of the game.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 90
RE: Gopher Basketball (Womens) - 2/25/2014 8:43:42 AM   
TJSweens

Another massive game from Bahnam down the toilet. Pam Borton's coaching is such a black hole even Bahnam's talent can't escape it.

Post #: 91
RE: Gopher Basketball (Womens) - 2/25/2014 10:04:24 AM   
Dave E

I would have fired Borton years ago.

Talk about corruption...Maturi extends as he walks out of the door and doesn't publicize it. That guy was truly the worst.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 92
RE: Gopher Basketball (Womens) - 2/25/2014 1:56:21 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

Another massive game from Bahnam down the toilet. Pam Borton's coaching is such a black hole even Bahnam's talent can't escape it.

The announcers said Borton's team did well to not give up. Sign of a good coach.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 93
RE: Gopher Basketball (Womens) - 2/25/2014 3:55:31 PM   
Dave E

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

quote:

The announcers said Borton's team did well to not give up. Sign of a good coach.

Maybe the Wolves will sign her.

--twinsfan
Post #: 94
RE: Gopher Basketball (Womens) - 3/7/2014 8:35:20 AM   
Lynn G.

I was surprised to read in this morning's paper that the Gopher women beat the bottom dweller Badger women last night. Every time I turned the channel to do a score check they were down - by large amounts. It felt like just another typical Minnesota sports event in which we get pummeled by "division rivals" even when that rival is having a crappy year.

So we ended up winning in overtime! Good ending, but man why do we always have to make it so tough?
Post #: 95
RE: Gopher Basketball (Womens) - 3/7/2014 8:49:12 AM   
Dave E

Banham hit a three to tie it at the end of regulations, apparently. She's unbelievable.

--twinsfan
Post #: 96
RE: Gopher Basketball (Womens) - 3/7/2014 8:54:23 AM   
Lynn G.

One of the times I switched over to check the score I watched for a couple of minutes and Banham grabbed two turnovers in about a minute and a half span. Unfortunately in both cases we failed to score.
Post #: 97
RE: Gopher Basketball (Womens) - 3/7/2014 8:56:28 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dave E

Banham hit a three to tie it at the end of regulations, apparently. She's unbelievable.

Hey, she's good enough to overcome Borton's coaching, she's gotta be pretty damn good. I'm not at all surprised that it was so difficult. Borton has pretty much gotten her ass handed to her in the first round of the Big Ten Tournament. I think this is only like the third time, one of her teams has gotten to the second round.

Post #: 98
RE: Gopher Basketball (Womens) - 3/7/2014 9:52:01 AM   
Jim Frenette

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dave E

She also admitted having a bad game that got them in the hole to start with. What got them back was the defense picking up and Noga making some big shots in a 14-2 run

Fargo
Post #: 99
RE: Gopher Basketball (Womens) - 3/7/2014 10:40:29 AM   
TJSweens

Banham's shooting has been off lately. Defenses are keying heavily on her. Stop Banham and you stop the Gophers. She has to do a better job of creating good shots for teammates. It would also help if the offensive scheme wasn't such a cluster f*** and was better at creating quality scoring opportunities.

Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Golden Gophers >> RE: Gopher Basketball (Womens) Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode