Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: RE:Questions and Answers

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Forum Members and Rules] >> Questions/Ideas/Suggestions >> RE: RE:Questions and Answers Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: RE:Questions and Answers - 1/2/2008 4:24:51 PM   
Lynn G.

Good advice!  I'll try that!

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 151
RE: RE:Questions and Answers - 1/2/2008 4:25:45 PM   
Ricky J

Lynn - sometimes I just click and walk away. After it makes it through once the second running will be straight through. Toby, I never considered the pause button.

I have so much stuff on my desk top that that could have something to do with it also. I have a memory stick that I should load all that stuff on to.

They just finished laying the fiber optic in our town before winter set in. Maybe when that's hooked up things will improve with computer/phone.
Post #: 152
RE: RE:Questions and Answers - 1/5/2008 1:29:04 PM   
DavidAOlson

Toby, any chance I could get back the inbox for PM's (the messages from the previous site)?  Or are they permanently zapped?

David
Post #: 153
RE: RE:Questions and Answers - 1/5/2008 2:20:46 PM   
Toby Stumbo

Not sure, that would be a great question for Erik.

GO VIKES!
Post #: 154
RE: RE:Questions and Answers - 1/6/2008 11:04:16 AM   
Lynn G.

I'm still having problems with not being able to go to the last post read.  Today I even had clicked on the "Mark This Forum Read" button when I finished reading everything, left the forum to do something else, and when I came back it showed new posts in about six threads.  But in each case, there weren't new posts, and in fact in one thread it took me back three pages from the end to about the place I picked it up earlier today when I first logged on.

Any suggestions?  Or is this still a problem overall?

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 155
RE: RE:Questions and Answers - 1/6/2008 11:41:34 AM   
Jim Frenette

Lynn, I get the same thing. The only way it clears is if I go offline for awhile.

I also in 1 thread, Predictions, read it and the yellow flag stays yellow no matter what I do.

Fargo
Post #: 156
RE: RE:Questions and Answers - 1/6/2008 12:38:03 PM   
Toby Stumbo

I found that logging out is the only true way to get rid of all the flags sometimes.

GO VIKES!
Post #: 157
RE: RE:Questions and Answers - 5/20/2008 6:51:55 AM   
Ricky J

Will someone give me instructions on how to send a PM, please?
Post #: 158
RE: RE:Questions and Answers - 5/20/2008 6:58:36 AM   
Todd M

Ricky, click on the member you want to send a PM to.

There is a PM and an E-mail this member option.
Post #: 159
RE: RE:Questions and Answers - 5/20/2008 7:41:42 AM   
Toby Stumbo

There is a PM link right below each persons name on any post as well.

GO VIKES!
Post #: 160
RE: RE:Questions and Answers - 5/29/2008 7:34:46 PM   
Lynn G.

I'm having one of those days where clicking on "last post read" is taking me to the end of the thread instead.  Anyone else? 

Post #: 161
RE: RE:Questions and Answers - 5/31/2008 11:45:26 PM   
It's not said often enough but you guys/girls behind this site rock, including the moderators.  No strict rules yet things are relatively civil.  Very few system malfunctions.  Thanks.
  Post #: 162
RE: RE:Questions and Answers - 6/1/2008 12:46:16 AM   
Duane Sampson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pete C

It's not said often enough but you guys/girls behind this site rock, including the moderators.  No strict rules yet things are relatively civil.  Very few system malfunctions.  Thanks.

Think of this as your site, Pete.

It is.

We come to talk football, sports, love-hate-humor-politics-entertainment-life ...whatever..... But we're all Vikings fans.

Post #: 163
RE: RE:Questions and Answers - 6/4/2008 6:58:57 PM   
So.Mn.Fan

Every time I start thinking "hey, I'm purty darn ssssmart on these here com-put-er doohickeys", they go and throw me fer a loop.
I have one computer (work station) I mainly use for posting/reading that works fine.
I have another (home) that works fine.
But I also have one in the basement of my house that is weirding me out.
When I enter this site, everything looks "normal" except when you look closer, it is from 2-3 days ago. And it never changes.
I can log-in and post, and can read my posts, but when I go back to the main page, it stays frozen on several days before.
Is there a simple fix to this?
I find it strange that I can converse normally, but the main page acts as tho I haven't done anything.
Help? link issue, or cookie problem or what?
Post #: 164
RE: RE:Questions and Answers - 6/4/2008 7:19:32 PM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: So.Mn.Fan

Every time I start thinking "hey, I'm purty darn ssssmart on these here com-put-er doohickeys", they go and throw me fer a loop.
I have one computer (work station) I mainly use for posting/reading that works fine.
I have another (home) that works fine.
But I also have one in the basement of my house that is weirding me out.
When I enter this site, everything looks "normal" except when you look closer, it is from 2-3 days ago. And it never changes.
I can log-in and post, and can read my posts, but when I go back to the main page, it stays frozen on several days before.
Is there a simple fix to this?
I find it strange that I can converse normally, but the main page acts as tho I haven't done anything.
Help? link issue, or cookie problem or what?

Im. guessing a browser cookie issue.. first check your seting s in (assuming IE) to see that accepting cookies is enabled.. then delete and refresh your cookies, browser history and check tio see that you have enabled under tools internet options and browser history the option to cherck for updates automatically when visiting a web site.

You will need to relog in and resave as cookie your log in information for this place ( and possibly others) but it should help.

The internet options in I.E are not all that complicated, but if you have any doubts about enable or not choose "not enable" until you know what a setting does.

Enabling java script and such in IE leaves you open to malicious websites that can plant trojan virus just by clicking on a link on some sites...

I once tried to run an old nintendo64 game mode program that had a trojan embedded in the link to DL the program.

My AV software caught it, but hundreds and probably thousands of kids or people who don't know better probably gave that site and its creator and host unseen access to thier computer and all files and passwords...

AVAST as sammy has pimped is pretty good software.. although it hates my NAV and tells me so every time I reboot...

LOL

you might also check to see that this computer has the latest version of internet browser software and all applicable updates( which can be a PIA on modem/slow connection/old slower computers.)

If you want a clean install, i recommend Firefox as browser software.. its pretty good stuff and doesnt seem to need the constant patches and updates that all the bill gates crap does..

Intell core2 duo rocks!!!

A lot of people praise mac's, but my intell core2 and winxp home kicks butt... love it.

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 165
RE: RE:Questions and Answers - 6/4/2008 7:24:42 PM   
So.Mn.Fan

Thanks DanO
I was wondering about some of those issues.
I pretty much figured I needed a good clean-out on that one.
Its seldom-used and mainly for e-mail, the Firefox is a good idea.
Thank you.
Post #: 166
RE: RE:Questions and Answers - 10/19/2008 7:44:01 PM   
"Most users ever online was 1187 at 10/19/2008 1:52:34 AM."

yea... suuuure....

someone is stuffing socks into the "users online" undies

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 167
RE: RE:Questions and Answers - 10/19/2008 7:59:11 PM   
Toby Stumbo

Something odd happens now and then, if you look at the actual visits you will see the same IP visiting the same page 100 times or so.

GO VIKES!
Post #: 168
RE: RE:Questions and Answers - 2/17/2009 9:56:32 AM   
Jim Frenette

OK I was trying to add a picture and I went to the place they were on my computer and did a copy and then couldn't get it to paste here. I know the little icon on the right is for adding an image, but I don't have a URL address to add it.

Suggestions please

Fargo
Post #: 169
RE: RE:Questions and Answers - 2/17/2009 9:59:53 AM   
Toby Stumbo

You have to either attach it or host it on the internet to get the URL for it.

GO VIKES!
Post #: 170
RE: RE:Questions and Answers - 2/17/2009 10:14:30 AM   
Jim Frenette

I know I've attached before, but when you get old like me, we sometimes forget how to do things

Fargo
Post #: 171
RE: RE:Questions and Answers - 2/17/2009 11:29:48 AM   
Toby Stumbo

You don't have the option when using "quick reply" but if you click on "post reply" at the bottom of the reply window is a "click here to upload" link that will allow you to find your image and select it.  Check the "embed picture in post" box if you want it to be part of the post otherwise it will just show a small thumbnail of the image and when clicking on it there will be a new window opened.

Thumbnail Image

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Toby Stumbo -- 2/17/2009 11:33:08 AM >

GO VIKES!
Post #: 172
RE: RE:Questions and Answers - 2/17/2009 11:32:11 AM   
Toby Stumbo

Maybe it will be a thumbnail no matter what, let me try another one.

Thumbnail Image

Attachment (1)

GO VIKES!
Post #: 173
RE: RE:Questions and Answers - 2/17/2009 11:34:36 AM   
Toby Stumbo

So, that's attachments.  If you don't like the way that works use http://imageshack.us/ to upload your image then using the normal  icon you can put the imageshack link, make sure you use the "direct link" from imageshack.

GO VIKES!
Post #: 174
RE: RE:Questions and Answers - 2/17/2009 11:35:15 AM   
Jim Frenette

Thanks

Fargo
Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Forum Members and Rules] >> Questions/Ideas/Suggestions >> RE: RE:Questions and Answers Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>

Fast Reply 

more smileys..

Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread