Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Gopher Hockey

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Golden Gophers >> RE: Gopher Hockey Page: <<   < prev  161 162 163 [164] 165   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Gopher Hockey - 4/9/2023 7:59:04 PM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

The only consolation is that Brock Faber will immediately upgrade the Wild's blue line.

We'd get him win or lose. Win the damn game. I taped it, haven't watched it yet. Doesn't sound like I should.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 4076
RE: Gopher Hockey - 4/9/2023 9:57:36 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

The only consolation is that Brock Faber will immediately upgrade the Wild's blue line.

We'd get him win or lose. Win the damn game. I taped it, haven't watched it yet. Doesn't sound like I should.

I wouldn't recommend it. Faber is probably why we didn't lose by at least 4 goals in regulation. His poise and stick work in front of his goal was off the charts good.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 4077
RE: Gopher Hockey - 4/10/2023 8:25:59 AM   
ronhextall

It was like watching a car accident develop in slow motion where you knew the outcome. Kids wanted it so bad and got so tight, it was awful to watch.

There was zero doubt in my mind how it was going to end.
Post #: 4078
RE: Gopher Hockey - 4/10/2023 12:34:05 PM   
twinsfan

Tenna-B agrees with me. The Gophers did not fall into a defensive shell. They were simply outplayed and outmanned by the bigger team. And on that particular night, Quinnipiac was the better team. It had nothing to do with coaching; it had nothing to do with the Gophers not playing the style they wanted to play; it had nothing to do with any of that. They beat us playing the way Quinnipiac plays. Period. Quit with the excuses and blaming the coaching. You don't purposely go into a defensive shell for 2 periods. We couldn't control the puck. Mostly that's because Quinnipiac played a better puck control game than the Gophers did. That was the problem.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 4079
RE: Gopher Hockey - 4/10/2023 2:20:30 PM   
TJSweens

So TennaB is as dumb as you are.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 4080
RE: Gopher Hockey - 4/10/2023 2:29:16 PM   
stfrank

quote:

So TennaB is as dumb as you are.

Post #: 4081
RE: Gopher Hockey - 4/10/2023 2:42:56 PM   
twinsfan

You don't think. You prefer to jump to conclusions and never admit you're wrong when called out on it.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 4082
RE: Gopher Hockey - 4/10/2023 2:49:26 PM   
TJSweens

Shouldn't you be getting someone audited right now?

Post #: 4083
RE: Gopher Hockey - 4/10/2023 3:21:39 PM   
stfrank

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

You don't think. You prefer to jump to conclusions and never admit you're wrong when called out on it.

How many Gopher games did you watch this season? This team had a few bad periods over the course of the season, but never did they go into a "play to not lose" shell that we saw after going up 2-0 on Saturday. Sure Qunnipiac played a very good game against us, but part of that was the style of play that we resorted to once we had the lead. We only sent one skater on the forecheck and tried to play defense the entire 2nd half of the game. That is NOT the usual Gopher hockey and only someone who has no clue would say otherwise.

Oh, and TennaB is a clown.

< Message edited by stfrank -- 4/10/2023 3:23:30 PM >
Post #: 4084
RE: Gopher Hockey - 4/10/2023 3:28:03 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: stfrank

quote:

How many Gopher games did you watch this season? This team had a few bad periods over the course of the season, but never did they go into a "play to not lose" shell that we saw after going up 2-0 on Saturday. Sure Qunnipiac played a very good game against us, but part of that was the style of play that we resorted to once we had the lead. We only sent one skater on the forecheck and tried to play defense the entire 2nd half of the game. That is NOT the usual Gopher hockey and only someone who has no clue would say otherwise.

So Tenna-B is making me look bad.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 4085
RE: Gopher Hockey - 4/10/2023 3:48:29 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

No. You're doing it all by yourself.

Parroting bad information, even though you don't understand it, is a Phil staple.
Post #: 4086
RE: Gopher Hockey - 4/10/2023 4:50:26 PM   
twinsfan

Well, I guess Pat Micheletti is a clown too. I'm in good company.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 4087
RE: Gopher Hockey - 4/10/2023 4:51:43 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

No. You're doing it all by yourself.

Parroting bad information, even though you don't understand it, is a Phil staple.

I didn't parrot it. I watched the game and came to my own conclusion. Tenna-B's opinion confirms mine. Now Pat Micheletti is confirming it even more. You are the clowns.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 4088
RE: Gopher Hockey - 4/10/2023 8:20:53 PM  1 votes
TJSweens

Pat Micheletti is a Motzko bobo. He isn't going to say anything bad about his game planning or the Gophers for that matter. Any perceived hockey knowledge from TennaB is because he is paired with Paul Allen who thinks Anthony LaPanta is a hockey genius.

The idea that Qunnipiac imposed themselves physically is nonsense. The Gophers have some big bodies of their own and were not getting bounced around. They simply stopped doing what was working. In the first period the Gophers were sending in two forecheckers and the defensemen were jumping into the offensive play and keeping pucks deep. They scored a goal and all of the sudden they were only sending one guy on the forecheck. They scored a second goal and defensemen were staying way back. Instead of a two man forecheck with the third guy high it was one man deep, second guy high and third guy practically in the neutral zone. They sat back, packed the area in front of the goal and were content to let Qunnipiac move the puck around the perimeter.

There isn't a team in college hockey that is talented enough to dominate the Gophers to that degree without the Gophers being complicit. The Gophers just didn't play their game, plain and simple.

Post #: 4089
RE: Gopher Hockey - 7/27/2023 1:54:33 PM   
stfrank

Logan Cooley signs entry-level deal with Coyotes.....
It would have been fun to watch Cooley for another season with the Gophers, but it's not really surprising that he changed his mind.

Why Cooley left Minnesota
Cooley was intrigued by coming back to school for his sophomore season. After losing in overtime in the national title game in April, Cooley talked about unfinished business, wanting to come back and win it all. He would have been a top preseason candidate for the Hobey Baker Award, given to college hockey’s best player. But the NHL has always been Cooley’s dream, and his sensational freshman season at Minnesota gave him plenty of reasons to believe he’s ready; he saw Gophers teammates Matthew Knies and Brock Faber both step into the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Cooley has said Coyotes star winger Clayton Keller has been a great sounding board throughout this difficult decision-making process, and the idea of playing on a line with him had to be exciting. The Coyotes got a little stronger in free agency too, adding Nick Bjugstad, Troy Stecher (and, potentially, Matt Dumba).
Post #: 4090
RE: Gopher Hockey - 7/28/2023 10:40:57 AM   
Jeff Jesser

How bad do you have to be to consider Dumba and (this stage of his career) Nick B as an 'upgrade'?

Good luck kid, you're gonna need it.
Post #: 4091
RE: Gopher Hockey - 7/28/2023 3:33:09 PM   
stfrank

Yup, there's going to be the pain of learning at the next level along with getting used to lots of losing.....
Post #: 4092
RE: Gopher Hockey - 9/27/2023 2:25:21 PM   
twinsfan

Cole Eiserman has decommitted from the Gophers.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 4093
RE: Gopher Hockey - 9/27/2023 3:38:26 PM   
stfrank

A kid from MA changes his mind and wants to play closer to home, it's not like that has never happened before. From everything I have heard about Eiserman he is most likely a one and done much like Cooley was. With the portal and NIL money I have no doubt there will be plenty of minds being changed every season now.
Post #: 4094
RE: Gopher Hockey - 9/27/2023 11:34:59 PM   
twinsfan

Sad really.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 4095
RE: Gopher Hockey - 10/14/2023 11:37:35 AM   
stfrank

Gophers first official game of the season ends up an OT win 6-5 over St Thomas.
It was a fun back and forth game that was like watching a who's who of recent State tourney stars. St Thomas worked their asses off the whole game and really impressed. As Wooger said, "hard work will beat talent when talent doesn't work hard." It almost happened to a listless at time Gophers team. I think the game was a wake-up call for tonight's game....time will tell.
Post #: 4096
RE: Gopher Hockey - 10/15/2023 7:15:20 AM   
stfrank

Saturday's game was much better for the Gophers and Snuggy is looking like he just may challenge for the nations top scorer if he keeps up the pace. It was good to play a hard working team like UST before going up to Grand Forks next weekend. That should be a fun one as always.....
Post #: 4097
RE: Gopher Hockey - 10/18/2023 4:56:46 PM   
kgdabom

I see the Gophers ranked 1st in the nation. Congratz to them and their fans. SCSU Huskies have started 1-3 and barely in the rankings at 20. Amazing what happens when you buy our coach.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 4098
RE: Gopher Hockey - 10/20/2023 10:53:03 PM   
stfrank

I very nice road win tonight for the Gophers shutting out UND 4-0.
It was a close game the 1st period ending 0-0, but after we scored the first one in the 2nd we just kept getting better and never let up. Time to sweep the leg tomorrow!
Post #: 4099
RE: Gopher Hockey - 10/21/2023 10:36:59 AM   
Lynn G.

I loved the fact that after we scored the empty netter, we came right back with another when their goalie was back in the net. Just a little cherry on the top.

Yep - looking for the sweep today.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 4100
Page:   <<   < prev  161 162 163 [164] 165   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Golden Gophers >> RE: Gopher Hockey Page: <<   < prev  161 162 163 [164] 165   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode