Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: RE:Gopher Hockey

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Golden Gophers >> RE: RE:Gopher Hockey Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: RE:Gopher Hockey - 3/22/2008 9:32:09 PM   
So.Mn.Fan

I hope the crowd gives the Gophs a standing O when this is over.
They deserve it win or lose.
Great story, they play their hearts out.
Post #: 126
RE: RE:Gopher Hockey - 3/22/2008 9:35:55 PM   
So.Mn.Fan

Valiant effort, boys.
Now it's on to the NCAAs.
Post #: 127
RE: RE:Gopher Hockey - 3/22/2008 9:40:01 PM   
Jason Dorn

Hats Off to Denver..Good game overall.

I just want to say this has been some of the most intense hockey I have seen, and a tremendous run.

This group has overcome much, EARNED a NCAA bid, nothing but HEART displayed, Great job, great run.

They get some rest, refocus, get to work on the PP, continue to build on the positives.

GREAT JOB GOPHERS!!!!

M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A         

GO GOPHERS!!!!

Skol ... Vikings can win the Super Bowl.
Post #: 128
RE: RE:Gopher Hockey - 3/22/2008 9:41:43 PM   
So.Mn.Fan

Well put Jason.
Enjoyed following along with ya.
See you next week.
Post #: 129
RE: RE:Gopher Hockey - 3/22/2008 9:51:37 PM   
Lynn G.

Tough loss, but what a fun run.  Now rest up for the NCAA's guys.

And I agree with the above - great heart from our Gophers.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 130
RE: RE:Gopher Hockey - 3/22/2008 9:57:58 PM   
So.Mn.Fan

Nice to see you in the hockey forums, Lynn ...
We're gonna make a full-time hockey fan out of Viking girl yet! 
Post #: 131
RE: RE:Gopher Hockey - 3/23/2008 10:55:39 AM   
Lynn G.

Yeah - I have to admit that I've only watched in bits and spurts in previous seasons, but for some reason got caught up in it this season.  Maybe it's from listening to Dubay on KFAN all the time...

Would Okposo have made any difference in the end?

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 132
RE: RE:Gopher Hockey - 3/23/2008 11:51:10 AM   
Jim Frenette

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

Yeah - I have to admit that I've only watched in bits and spurts in previous seasons, but for some reason got caught up in it this season.  Maybe it's from listening to Dubay on KFAN all the time...

Lynn, I'm just the opposite. With Dubay alone, all he wants talk about is his Gopher Hockey team and it got me to just stop listening to the show and turning off on a team I really like

Fargo
Post #: 133
RE: RE:Gopher Hockey - 3/23/2008 12:02:08 PM   
Lynn G.

That's too bad Jim, although I can see how that would happen.  If someone or something begins to dominate a conversation the natural reaction is to want to just turn it off.  I didn't listen to KFAN much this past week while Dubay was on his own because I'm working in an office and can't have the radio on the way I usually do at home, so I missed most of that overkill.

Post #: 134
RE: RE:Gopher Hockey - 3/23/2008 1:05:01 PM   
Jason Dorn

Here are the pairings...Wisconsin is in and Minnesota State out, what a joke and Wisconsin gets to play at home, nice reward for being swept in the playoffs and finishing below .500.

http://www.ncaa.com/uploadedFiles/Sports/Ice_Hockey_(M)/2008D1MHBracket.pdf  (you may have to click twice)

Tough draw with BC in Worcester. 

GO GOPHERS!!!!

< Message edited by Jason Dorn -- 3/23/2008 1:08:51 PM >

Post #: 135
RE: RE:Gopher Hockey - 3/23/2008 10:03:32 PM   
So.Mn.Fan

If this were college football or basketball, there would be rioting in the streets.
Talk about a joke.
Mankato has the right to be livid. They top Wisconsin in EVERY category, except the one where some stupid computer says "they belong".
Record-wise, head-to-head, common sense, you name it, Mankato has the advantage.
And then, the Badgers get to play at home. Unreal. The NCAA should be ashamed of itself. They won't be.
Post #: 136
RE: RE:Gopher Hockey - 3/24/2008 9:46:41 AM   
Jim Frenette

quote:

ORIGINAL: So.Mn.Fan

If this were college football or basketball, there would be rioting in the streets.
Talk about a joke.
Mankato has the right to be livid. They top Wisconsin in EVERY category, except the one where some stupid computer says "they belong".
Record-wise, head-to-head, common sense, you name it, Mankato has the advantage.
And then, the Badgers get to play at home. Unreal. The NCAA should be ashamed of itself. They won't be.

I agree, what a farse

Fargo
Post #: 137
RE: RE:Gopher Hockey - 3/24/2008 12:42:26 PM   
Jeff Jesser

No, we turned the corner after he left.  Lucia recruited some guys with too much ego IMO over the past couple of years.  We lacked the true gritty guys that would put us over the hump.  Look at the championship teams, there wasn't one single "me guy" on those teams.  We basically started turning in to the "rick rickerts".  A team full of guys who couldn't wait to leave to get paid.  This team is much more fun to watch.  I still get chills thinking of Koalska's game tier against Maine.
Post #: 138
RE: RE:Gopher Hockey - 3/24/2008 7:33:37 PM   
So.Mn.Fan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

No, we turned the corner after he left.  Lucia recruited some guys with too much ego IMO over the past couple of years.  We lacked the true gritty guys that would put us over the hump.  Look at the championship teams, there wasn't one single "me guy" on those teams.  We basically started turning in to the "rick rickerts".  A team full of guys who couldn't wait to leave to get paid.  This team is much more fun to watch.  I still get chills thinking of Koalska's game tier against Maine.

Looking back, I think I've brought him up about a dozen times in this thread.
THAT'S what these Gopher teams are missing, and I agree, it turned around this year when Okposo left and some others looked in the mirror.
Vanek learned to think about team, and look where it got him, one of the best and highest paid players in the L. Every time Wheeler strays from team-play, he disappears. The Potulneys and the Koalskas are the heart of teams. They need the superstars to get them to the top, but the superstars need them just as much.
You cannot win titles with JUST great players.
You gotta have the muckers and grinders, the guys who keep it together when the chips are down.
The Gophers have played that way the past 3 weeks and look where it got them.
They played like primadonnas the first couple months, and look at the hole it dug for them.
Its a beautiful game that needs to be played ugly at times.
Finding the right mix of guys is the key.
I know they are bringing in more talent again next year, but they better also bring in the grit. 
Post #: 139
RE: RE:Gopher Hockey - 3/24/2008 9:30:28 PM   
Jason Dorn

quote:

ORIGINAL: So.Mn.Fan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Looking back, I think I've brought him up about a dozen times in this thread.
THAT'S what these Gopher teams are missing, and I agree, it turned around this year when Okposo left and some others looked in the mirror.
Vanek learned to think about team, and look where it got him, one of the best and highest paid players in the L. Every time Wheeler strays from team-play, he disappears. The Potulneys and the Koalskas are the heart of teams. They need the superstars to get them to the top, but the superstars need them just as much.
You cannot win titles with JUST great players.
You gotta have the muckers and grinders, the guys who keep it together when the chips are down.
The Gophers have played that way the past 3 weeks and look where it got them.
They played like primadonnas the first couple months, and look at the hole it dug for them.
Its a beautiful game that needs to be played ugly at times.
Finding the right mix of guys is the key.
I know they are bringing in more talent again next year, but they better also bring in the grit. 

Great points about grit. 

The Gophs are playing as a unified group with a singular purpose, the Denver coach stated after the game how this group is an inspiration. 

Kangas is playing well.  Defense is tight, limited turnovers, good breakouts, passing, solid forecheck, good penalty kill, very few mistakes in the playoffs compared to the regular season games I saw.

Man, if they can find a PP they have a good chance....they prooved to themselves last week they can play with anyone in the country.  Come on coaches get that PP clicking, they have to become efficient passers, each movement is for a purpose, find the flow.

Post #: 140
RE: RE:Gopher Hockey - 3/25/2008 9:07:32 PM   
So.Mn.Fan

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=6128704&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1

This is one terrific young man.
Going back to finish his Masters already.
So great that he holds no bitterness.
That family has been thru a lot for the game they love.
Inspirational. 
Post #: 141
RE: RE:Gopher Hockey - 3/26/2008 7:24:19 AM   
Lynn G.

That scar is absolutely amazing.

I love his smiling attitude and his belief that he is a lucky guy.  I'd love to check back with him in about four years and see how he's doing.

Post #: 142
RE: RE:Gopher Hockey - 3/27/2008 10:20:23 AM   
So.Mn.Fan

Gophers - BC Saturday night.
Let's get it on!!!!!!!!!

Bunch of guys from Boston, bunch of guys from Minnesota ....
Yeah, like THAT'S gonna work.

So anyway, that pansy ovah there cheap-shawwwts me, takes the ring right offa my fingahhhhh.

(sorry, was having a Miracle moment)

< Message edited by So.Mn.Fan -- 3/27/2008 11:38:00 AM >
Post #: 143
RE: RE:Gopher Hockey - 3/27/2008 11:32:08 AM   
Jeff Jesser

Either I'm losing my marbles or you are SMF.  I believe it's Saturday night at 6:30 your time.
Post #: 144
RE: RE:Gopher Hockey - 3/27/2008 11:39:05 AM   
So.Mn.Fan

That'd be me.
Too much going on tonight already, had me all flustered.
Stupid basketball.
Mn state hoops, NCAA back in action, yadda yadda.
Post #: 145
RE: RE:Gopher Hockey - 3/27/2008 1:18:19 PM   
Jim Frenette

Doesn't the tourney start tonight though? I think I saw that SCSU played Thursday

Fargo
Post #: 146
RE: RE:Gopher Hockey - 3/27/2008 2:25:41 PM   
Jeff Jesser

EAST REGIONAL ALBANY, N.Y. Friday's Semifinals • No. 3 seed Clarkson (21-12-4) vs.
No. 2 St. Cloud State (19-15-5), 3 p.m.
• No. 4 Niagara (22-10-4) vs.
No. 1 Michigan (31-5-4), 6:30 p.m.
Saturday's final • Semifinal winners, 6 p.m.
WEST REGIONAL COLORADO SPRINGS Friday's Semifinals • No. 4 Notre Dame (24-15-4) vs.
No. 1 New Hampshire (25-9-3), 5:30 p.m.
• No. 3 Michigan State (24-11-5) vs.
No. 2 Colorado College (28-11-1), 9 p.m.
Saturday's final • Semifinal winners, 9 p.m.
MIDWEST REGIONAL MADISON, WIS. Saturday's Semifinals • No. 4 Princeton (21-13) vs.
No. 1 North Dakota (26-10-4), 2 p.m.
• No. 3 Wisconsin (15-16-7) vs.
No. 2 Denver (26-13-1), 5:30 p.m.
Sunday's final • Semifinal winners, 6 p.m.
NORTHEAST REGIONAL WORCESTER, MASS. Saturday's semifinals • No. 4 Air Force (21-11-6) vs.
No. 1 Miami of Ohio (32-7-1), 3:30 p.m.
• No. 3 Gophers (19-16-9) vs.
No. 2 Boston College (21-11-8), 6:30 p.m.
Sunday's final • Semifinal winners, 3:30 p.m.
The Frozen Four DENVER Semifinals • April 10 • Northeast champion vs. Midwest champion, 5 or 8 p.m.
• East champion vs. West champion, 5 or 8 p.m.
Final • April 12 • Semifinal winners, 6 p.m.
Post #: 147
RE: RE:Gopher Hockey - 3/28/2008 9:47:09 AM   
So.Mn.Fan

WCHA has 5 of the past 6 NCAA Champions.
No debate anymore who is king.
Will it be 6 of 7 this year? I think so.
Post #: 148
RE: RE:Gopher Hockey - 3/29/2008 8:07:25 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Phuck all this ESPN love for BC.  I hope the Gophs win just to shut them up.  Gophs score and it's goal minnesota.   BC scores and they transform in to Mexican world cup announcers GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Even their description of the BC goalie is exaggerated.  When they are winning he's the glue who hasn't missed a minute because he's so good.  When he makes a mistake it's because he's young and inexperienced.  WTF, you can't have it both ways.  DAMN, sorry for the rant  but I can't stand that network. 
Post #: 149
RE: RE:Gopher Hockey - 3/30/2008 12:19:54 PM   
So.Mn.Fan

Season's over, but I'm still proud of these guys.
Pulled it together after a mid-season collapse.
The future is exciting again.
Thanks for the good run, boys.
Hit the weight room, hang out together this summer, and get back to being the top dog again next year.
You're playing for the U.
That means something.
Something bigger than you.
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Golden Gophers >> RE: RE:Gopher Hockey Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode