Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Gopher Hockey

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Golden Gophers >> RE: Gopher Hockey Page: <<   < prev  96 97 [98] 99 100   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Gopher Hockey - 2/14/2015 11:24:19 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Things
Is
Lookin
Up

Nice win tonight. Anytime you can pound Micheeegan, its a good night.

Amen brother. I hate Michigan with a passion

I agree. Michigan's hockey sweaters look like football jerseys. They look ridiculous.

Watched most of the St. Cloud-UMD game last night. UMD is a true national championship contender. SCSU is not quite as strong this year, but still played a good game. I'd say UMD might be the best team in the country. They've certainly been tested by playing the toughest schedule of anyone, and they have a very solid record too. Put a gun to my head and I'd take UMD over Mankato. The way the Gophers are playing now I suppose they have bragging rights over St. Cloud. The Gophers are probably marginally better than Bemidji. I'd currently rank the 5 MN teams: UMD, Mankato, U of M, Bemidji, St. Cloud. The order of the bottom 3 could change on a dime. A couple weeks ago I would have ranked U of M last.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 2426
RE: Gopher Hockey - 2/14/2015 12:45:33 PM   
Lynn G.

How refreshing to see Wisconsin absolutely stink at something.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 2427
RE: Gopher Hockey - 2/14/2015 12:50:37 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

How refreshing to see Wisconsin absolutely stink at something.

They have the worst winning percentage in all of college hockey, but their SOS is decent so they're not rated as the worst team. You're right - they do stink though.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 2428
RE: Gopher Hockey - 2/14/2015 9:28:58 PM   
stfrank

1-0 final for another badly needed sweep. The best thing is it was Michigan, so it helps our standings in the pairwise as well as the conference.
Post #: 2429
RE: Gopher Hockey - 2/14/2015 10:41:59 PM   
Lynn G.

Just look at the Gophers who scored tonight. Ambroz,Rau, Vanek (twice), Schroeder and Haula.

Good night for Gophers.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 2430
RE: Gopher Hockey - 2/14/2015 11:21:42 PM   
SoMnFan

Nothing bad to say about sweeping those pricks out of town.
I could learn to hate that team.
The Gophers are starting to look like the Gophers again.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 2431
RE: Gopher Hockey - 2/14/2015 11:23:21 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: stfrank

1-0 final for another badly needed sweep. The best thing is it was Michigan, so it helps our standings in the pairwise as well as the conference.

Rau got the ENer I believe, just sayin.
Nice to see the women sweep as well.
Congrats Coach Frost on his 251st win
Seems like he just started.
Helps when you NEVER lose I guess.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 2432
RE: Gopher Hockey - 2/15/2015 7:24:31 AM   
stfrank

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: stfrank

Rau got the ENer I believe, just sayin.
Nice to see the women sweep as well.
Congrats Coach Frost on his 251st win
Seems like he just started.
Helps when you NEVER lose I guess.

Oops....forgot about the ENG at the end. Was such a tight game all the way through it still felt like a 1-0 win. Was nice to see the old Wilcox back in the net and some sound defense in front of him for a change.
It is sure looking like they are back to playing Gopher hockey.
Post #: 2433
RE: Gopher Hockey - 2/15/2015 9:40:50 AM   
Jeff Jesser

I've hated Michigan hockey since March 24th 1996

FU Legg
Post #: 2434
RE: Gopher Hockey - 2/15/2015 7:17:08 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

I've hated Michigan hockey since March 24th 1996

FU Legg

hear that brother

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 2435
RE: Gopher Hockey - 2/20/2015 8:04:44 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Man, B10 has just killed hockey. There is no emotion, no excitement, no nothing. It's so blah...

I really think that's a big reason why we are struggling so badly this year. It's like "meh, who cares".

We are winning, at Penn St but good Lord. It's Penn St. It's 2-1 and this, traditionally, should be 12-0.
Post #: 2436
RE: Gopher Hockey - 2/20/2015 8:22:03 PM   
Jeff Jesser

What a barn burner! As they pulled their goalie, with 2 minutes left in the game, the crowd stayed in their seats hoping for a miracle. You could see the tension on the faces of the students while they feavorishly scoured the internet trying to understand who the Footbal team would open up against.

You could feel the tension in the air and cut it with a butter knife. It was amazing.

Penn State hockey, nothing like it. I need to drink some beers just to calm down. Might even jam to some Abba
Post #: 2437
RE: Gopher Hockey - 2/20/2015 9:09:34 PM   
stfrank

LOL. I know how you feel. It was a painfully boring game to watch, but we at least got another badly needed win tonight. Now we get to sit through a matinee at Pagula or whatever it is they call their rink. Real nice of them to schedule a hockey game in the middle of the afternoon to compete with basketball on TV. ESPNU should have wonderful coverage ..... yippee....
Post #: 2438
RE: Gopher Hockey - 2/20/2015 9:56:55 PM   
twinsfan

And I see B10 Network has a way of picking the marquee games, huh? Michigan State vs Wisconsin? Haha! Wisconsin is literally one of the 5 worst teams in the country. Michigan State apparently not much better as they are losing this game. What channel was the Gophers game on?
quote:

Man, B10 has just killed hockey. There is no emotion, no excitement, no nothing. It's so blah...

I really think that's a big reason why we are struggling so badly this year. It's like "meh, who cares".

We are winning, at Penn St but good Lord. It's Penn St. It's 2-1 and this, traditionally, should be 12-0.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 2439
RE: Gopher Hockey - 2/20/2015 10:11:52 PM   
stfrank

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

And I see B10 Network has a way of picking the marquee games, huh? Michigan State vs Wisconsin? Haha! Wisconsin is literally one of the 5 worst teams in the country. Michigan State apparently not much better as they are losing this game. What channel was the Gophers game on?
quote:

Get this....the Gophers played PSU as the warm up game for the B10's marquee game!
Post #: 2440
RE: Gopher Hockey - 2/20/2015 10:22:58 PM   
twinsfan

Wisconsin gets its first Friday win of the season.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 2441
RE: Gopher Hockey - 2/20/2015 10:25:28 PM   
twinsfan

Get a kick out of these B10 hockey studio guys. They act like the Gophers are having a magical season. Wow, the bar is low in this league.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 2442
RE: Gopher Hockey - 2/20/2015 10:29:38 PM   
twinsfan

I just had a horrible thought. What if Wisconsin wins the B10 tourney and gets into the dance? Entirely possible in a bad 6 team league. Especially when they have one of the top goalies and scorers in D1. Edit: or is there no tourney for the B10? I don't even know how they determine their automatic bid to the NCAA.

< Message edited by twinsfan -- 2/20/2015 10:37:10 PM >

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 2443
RE: Gopher Hockey - 2/21/2015 9:26:19 AM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

quote:

B10 Network. It was just on at 5:30 CST ~ weird timing. We are on ESPNU today @ 4 CST. Another weird ass time for a game. I hate B10 hockey. It's really taken the passion out of it.
Post #: 2444
RE: Gopher Hockey - 2/27/2015 6:57:50 AM   
stfrank

And now for the Thursday edition of the B10, we bring you the Gophers hosting Sparty. I tuned in at the end of the 1st period of the Wild game and saw a score of 3-0 Sparty and thought what the.....
It was nice to see they had come all the way back to win, but didn't really watch much of this game. They really need to take care of business tonight and get the sweep.
Post #: 2445
RE: Gopher Hockey - 2/27/2015 7:18:48 AM   
SoMnFan

Awesome comeback and win on a stupid night to be playing college hockey.
It went until 10:30.
Stupidity at its finest.

Thankfully, we got the win. Great job by everyone. Sweet to see the backup tendy get some love.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 2446
RE: Gopher Hockey - 2/27/2015 11:29:07 AM   
Corleone

quote:

Stupidity at its finest.

Thankfully, we got the win. Great job by everyone. Sweet to see the backup tendy get some love.

It would seem that most of the ticket base agreed...the place looked half-empty on TV. Not half-full...
Post #: 2447
RE: Gopher Hockey - 2/27/2015 11:32:39 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Corleone

quote:

Stupidity at its finest.

It would seem that most of the ticket base agreed...the place looked half-empty on TV. Not half-full...

Section finals week for MN HS hockey
Wild scheduled
Goph BB scheduled.
Who are these genius B10 people, anyway?

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 2448
RE: Gopher Hockey - 2/27/2015 11:59:17 AM   
MDK

There you have it.....your Big 10 hockey conference......and schedule to appease the Big 10 TV network.

We dissolve the best hockey conference in the world to form big 10 conference.

I said it then and will say it again.....it was the dumbest move for Minnesota and Wisconsin college Hockey.

Used to love the weekend double headers in the WCHA....especially when in grad school at UND or undergrad at Mayville and we would drive up and see the games. Great weekends for hockey.

MAGA needs to change to MAWA= Make America White Again

Tom Smothers RIP: Easter "is when Jesus comes out of his tomb and if he sees his shadow, he goes back in and we get six more weeks of winter."
Post #: 2449
RE: Gopher Hockey - 2/27/2015 12:35:45 PM   
SoMnFan

Yep, you and others called it ... ridiculous.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 2450
Page:   <<   < prev  96 97 [98] 99 100   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Golden Gophers >> RE: Gopher Hockey Page: <<   < prev  96 97 [98] 99 100   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode