Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Gopher Hockey

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Golden Gophers >> RE: Gopher Hockey Page: <<   < prev  98 99 [100] 101 102   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Gopher Hockey - 3/7/2015 5:03:51 PM   
stfrank

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

Newsflash...just stumbled across this in the guide....Gophers hockey is on ESPNews at 5:00. Was it also on ESPNews yesterday? Amazing how difficult it is to find games this season. They really make you dig deep.

Yeah since the B10 came about you never know when or where they will be televised. Yesterday was ESPNU today ESPNews....whatever that is. LOL
Post #: 2476
RE: Gopher Hockey - 3/7/2015 5:39:38 PM   
Lynn G.

I don't know about ESPNews, but on my tv it's on ESWHD. I'm not even sure what the W stands for but I assume HD is High Def.

Kind of a lackluster first period. Missed a golden opportunity really early on and then never really pushed it after that. Hopefully they got that out of their system and now will play the next two periods as if they're on fire.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 2477
RE: Gopher Hockey - 3/7/2015 7:16:40 PM   
SoMnFan

That's way too long to ask for them to be interested, Lynn.
They can give one good period, two is pushing it .....

Cant even count on the women ... BSU beat them out of the WCHA tourney today too

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 2478
RE: Gopher Hockey - 3/7/2015 7:17:16 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: stfrank

quote:

Newsflash...just stumbled across this in the guide....Gophers hockey is on ESPNews at 5:00. Was it also on ESPNews yesterday? Amazing how difficult it is to find games this season. They really make you dig deep.

Yeah since the B10 came about you never know when or where they will be televised. Yesterday was ESPNU today ESPNews....whatever that is. LOL

Its PATHETIC

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 2479
RE: Gopher Hockey - 3/7/2015 7:17:43 PM   
stfrank

Man, watching this team is about as much fun as having root canal. I lost count on how many times we committed turnovers at the blue line. And what is up with giving up 4 breakaways in one period and another 4 or 5 2 on 1's? It is like watching a pee wee game the way they played today.
Post #: 2480
RE: Gopher Hockey - 3/7/2015 7:22:41 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

Man, watching this team is about as much fun as having root canal. I lost count on how many times we committed turnovers at the blue line. And what is up with giving up 4 breakaways in one period and another 4 or 5 2 on 1's? It is like watching a pee wee game the way they played today.

The crew has been bragging about our TALENT, all the while, OSU is BURNING our D on almost every rush.
The one was hilarious where Riley looked like he was skating in mud. The OSU forward started out even with him and by the time they got to our net, he was 3 full strides ahead. Shouldn't happen at this level.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 2481
RE: Gopher Hockey - 3/7/2015 7:36:46 PM   
Jeff Jesser

16 draft picks to 1. Guess which team is which?

Pathetic.
Post #: 2482
RE: Gopher Hockey - 3/7/2015 9:50:39 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

I actually watched about 4 total minutes of that game, guys, a couple mins in the first and the last 3 of the third...., between searching for movies and catching up on Constantine and Big Bang Theory, DVR'd stuff.

Watching the shitty clear attempt, hit the OSU senior, right on the stick, for the empty netter at the end, was truly... uh... bad..

uh...

sorry....

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 2483
RE: Gopher Hockey - 3/13/2015 11:29:43 AM   
twinsfan

This weekend's games against Penn State? Not televised.

I see we are likely going to be the #4 seed in UND's region, facing the no-names in Fargo. Would make this painful season worth it if we can upset them.

Edit: Now they say it's in Grand Forks. Anyone know who is hosting? I guess it would make sense to host at The Ralph. But I heard Fargo the other day too. Everyone's confused, including myself.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 2484
RE: Gopher Hockey - 3/13/2015 11:40:02 AM   
stfrank

quote:

I see we are likely going to be the #4 seed in UND's region, facing the no-names in Fargo. Would make this painful season worth it if we can upset them.

Edit: Now they say it's in Grand Forks. Anyone know who is hosting? I guess it would make sense to host at The Ralph. But I heard Fargo the other day too. Everyone's confused, including myself.

The opening game of the Gophers' final regular-season series will be televised live by the American Sports Network on GetTV, an affiliate of the CW, on Friday night at 7 p.m. The Big Ten matchup against Penn State with championship implications was picked up on Monday and can be seen on channel 23.2 or Comcast digital cable channels 212 or 251 in the Twin Cities, and on MyTV (KIMT) in Southeastern Minnesota.
Above from Jason Gonzalez blog on Strib.
Saturdays game on FSN+ I believe.
Post #: 2485
RE: Gopher Hockey - 3/13/2015 12:49:52 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

quote:

The opening game of the Gophers' final regular-season series will be televised live by the American Sports Network on GetTV, an affiliate of the CW, on Friday night at 7 p.m. The Big Ten matchup against Penn State with championship implications was picked up on Monday and can be seen on channel 23.2 or Comcast digital cable channels 212 or 251 in the Twin Cities, and on MyTV (KIMT) in Southeastern Minnesota.
Above from Jason Gonzalez blog on Strib.
Saturdays game on FSN+ I believe.

In other words, the Friday game is not on TV.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 2486
RE: Gopher Hockey - 3/13/2015 8:50:07 PM   
stfrank

3-0 Gophers after 2 periods. I tuned in to the game and can't believe how bad the picture is without HD.
Post #: 2487
RE: Gopher Hockey - 3/13/2015 8:52:22 PM   
stfrank

3-0 Gophers after 2 periods. I tuned in to the game and can't believe how bad the picture is without HD.
Post #: 2488
RE: Gopher Hockey - 3/13/2015 9:30:48 PM   
stfrank

Gophers win 5-0 tonight, now can we complete the sweep tomorrow.
Post #: 2489
RE: Gopher Hockey - 3/13/2015 11:52:48 PM   
SoMnFan

So glad we could enter into this crappy conference, so that we can beat Penn State 5-0.
Such a great idea.
Just love me some Big Ten hockey. Yeah buddy.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 2490
RE: Gopher Hockey - 3/14/2015 7:47:15 AM   
Jeff Jesser

At least you guys had it on TV (albeit, sounds like regular def). I didn't even have it and I have every sports channel DirectV offers

This is just rhetoric but someone at the U better look in to this. How ****ing pathetic is it that we have a chance at a birth in the tourney, and to win the conference, and the ****ing game isn't on?
Post #: 2491
RE: Gopher Hockey - 3/14/2015 8:49:47 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

At least you guys had it on TV (albeit, sounds like regular def). I didn't even have it and I have every sports channel DirectV offers

This is just rhetoric but someone at the U better look in to this. How ****ing pathetic is it that we have a chance at a birth in the tourney, and to win the conference, and the ****ing game isn't on?

You could only get it in the Twin Cities. It was on some offshoot of the CW. Not the main CW. Channel 23.2 or something. I used to get those .2, .3, .4 channels when I had Charter, but only on one of my TV's for some reason. It was probably the only TV new enough to have point channels in the technology.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 2492
RE: Gopher Hockey - 3/14/2015 9:25:09 AM   
stfrank

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

You could only get it in the Twin Cities. It was on some offshoot of the CW. Not the main CW. Channel 23.2 or something. I used to get those .2, .3, .4 channels when I had Charter, but only on one of my TV's for some reason. It was probably the only TV new enough to have point channels in the technology.

It's the f**ing B10 that hosed the TV on this one. FSN now plays 2nd fiddle to them, so they decided the Wild and TWolves got first dibs and of course the B10 puts bouncy ball over hockey every time, leaving streaming or some unknown GetTV as options. With the way this team has played this season I chose to watch the Wild anyways...
Post #: 2493
RE: Gopher Hockey - 3/14/2015 1:15:19 PM   
Stacey King

Blue Jackets' dismal season would brighten if team can sign Mike Reilly

The three men at the heart of the Blue Jackets’ front office — president of hockey operations John Davidson, general manager Jarmo Kekalainen and assistant general manager Bill Zito — are rarely all absent from a game.

Maybe Kekalainen or Zito will peel off for a scouting trip, but at least one of the three is always present.

On Friday, while the Blue Jackets played in New Jersey, they all stayed behind in Columbus and headed to Value City Arena to watch the prospect who’s commanding much of the organization’s attention these days.

Mike Reilly was a gangly, 155-pound defenseman when the Blue Jackets drafted him in the fourth round (98th overall) in 2011.

He is now 6 feet 1, 190 pounds, a likely two-time All-American, a Hobey Baker award finalist as the nation’s top player and the first defenseman in almost 20 years to lead powerhouse University of Minnesota in scoring.

“We do our ranking and our evaluating of our prospects all the time, and he’s right at the top of the list, for sure,” Kekalainen said. “We’ve talked about adding skill and speed and quickness on defense. … He fits all those things. He has all the tools.”

But nothing has come easily for Columbus this season, and Reilly’s situation is a growing worry.

When Minnesota’s season ends — that could be in less than two weeks if the Golden Gophers don’t qualify for the NCAA tournament — Reilly is expected to notify Minnesota, the NHL and the Blue Jackets that he’s forgoing his senior season to turn pro.

Then it will get very interesting. The Blue Jackets will have 30 days after Reilly informs Minnesota he’s leaving school, or until June 1 — whichever date is later — to sign him to a two-year, entry-level contract.

If he doesn’t sign with the Jackets, Reilly would become an unrestricted free agent.

“I haven’t looked too much into the overall situation, just kind of focusing on our season,” Reilly told The Dispatch before Friday’s game. “It’s been brought up a little bit, but I’m trying not to think about it too much.

“It’s something I’ll assess at the end of (Minnesota’s) season, when we’re done. You never know how it’s going to go.”

The Blue Jackets said they have no indication what Reilly is thinking, but Kekalainen and company have tried hard to woo him.

Last spring, they played host to him at Nationwide Arena for the two home playoff games against Pittsburgh. When the Blue Jackets played in St. Paul, Minn., on Jan. 19, Reilly watched the morning skate with Davidson and Kekalainen. Last week, when the Blue Jackets traded defenseman James Wisniewski, Kekalainen mentioned Reilly as a player who has a clearer path to an NHL job.

“Mike Reilly is having a great year in Minnesota,” Kekalainen said. “He’s a prospect we believe in, and he’ll be stepping into some big shoes with our organization. We look forward to getting him signed.”

The Blue Jackets can’t offer him any more money or term than any other club, should Reilly become a free agent. He would get the largest offer possible under the collective bargaining agreement, sources said.

But the one thing the Blue Jackets can dangle before him is immediate playing time at the NHL level. If Minnesota’s season ends while the Blue Jackets still are playing, Reilly could sign with the Blue Jackets and be in uniform for an NHL game immediately.

Ryan Kennedy, a senior writer for The Hockey News who follows prospects and the draft for the magazine, said Reilly would be a first-round pick if the 2011 draft were held again. He would be a midfirst-round pick in this year’s loaded draft, too, Kennedy said.

Reilly, 21, leads all college defensemen in scoring, with six goals, 32 assists and 38 points in only 34 games.

“Mike has things you can’t teach,” Minnesota coach Don Lucia said. “Elite hands, vision … He thinks the game so well. His feet are really good. He’s one of those kids who is a late bloomer physically, and there’s still room for him to get stronger.”
Post #: 2494
RE: Gopher Hockey - 3/14/2015 1:17:45 PM   
Stacey King

Why this is so interesting ...

His father, Michael, is a limited partner for the Minnesota Wild.

Hello Wild !

This would be a nice get for the Wild.

Getting a 1st round quality player for free!
Post #: 2495
RE: Gopher Hockey - 3/14/2015 7:38:32 PM   
SoMnFan

Hopefully Zumbrota Public Access TV is carrying this huge Big Ten tilt tonight .....

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 2496
RE: Gopher Hockey - 3/14/2015 8:01:06 PM   
stfrank

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Hopefully Zumbrota Public Access TV is carrying this huge Big Ten tilt tonight .....

If they carry FSN+ it is.... LOL.
Post #: 2497
RE: Gopher Hockey - 3/14/2015 8:34:26 PM   
SoMnFan

Hey!
The GOOD Gophers showed up for an ENTIRE weekend!

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 2498
RE: Gopher Hockey - 3/14/2015 9:05:49 PM   
SoMnFan

Congrats to the women ... back into the Frozen Four again!

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 2499
RE: Gopher Hockey - 3/14/2015 9:22:07 PM   
stfrank

Congrats to the seniors for winning their 4th straight league championship. It wasn't very pretty this season, but the had a good weekend for a change this week.
Post #: 2500
Page:   <<   < prev  98 99 [100] 101 102   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Golden Gophers >> RE: Gopher Hockey Page: <<   < prev  98 99 [100] 101 102   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode