Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Gopher Football

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Golden Gophers >> RE: Gopher Football Page: <<   < prev  352 353 [354] 355 356   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Gopher Football - 9/12/2017 9:31:49 AM   
TJSweens

Simple philosophy. Keeping doing it until they stop it and then do something different. They never stopped it, so there was point in doing something different. Another thing worth noting is that with Kill and Leidner / Nelson, there were games where the QB through 8 total passes. In those instances they completed 2 or 3 and were luck if 1 was for a 1st down. Rhoda completed 7 for 158 yds and a TD. That's the difference between mixing in a few passes for the sake of passing and passing for a purpose.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 8826
RE: Gopher Football - 9/12/2017 9:53:50 AM   
SoMnFan

Amen brother
Rhoda has already upgraded us at the QB position
Post #: 8827
RE: Gopher Football - 9/12/2017 10:18:44 AM   
Karl Juhnke

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

Agree with all of that and more. Love the adjustments from week 1 to week 2. Love that some real studs are emerging this year. Winfield, Johnson, Celestine and more are all buying into the "ELITE" concept.

As hard as I am trying not to gulp the Kool-Aid, I'm even loving the PJ sprint leading the team on and off the field. DAMN IT! There went another gulp.

That's what I saw too. Setting all the bluster and slogans aside, the team that showed up Saturday showed earmarks of being a well coached team. I was prepared to run into trouble out there and hopefully eke out another ugly win. They far surpassed that.
Post #: 8828
RE: Gopher Football - 9/12/2017 10:34:21 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karl Juhnke

quote:

Agree with all of that and more. Love the adjustments from week 1 to week 2. Love that some real studs are emerging this year. Winfield, Johnson, Celestine and more are all buying into the "ELITE" concept.

As hard as I am trying not to gulp the Kool-Aid, I'm even loving the PJ sprint leading the team on and off the field. DAMN IT! There went another gulp.

That's what I saw too. Setting all the bluster and slogans aside, the team that showed up Saturday showed earmarks of being a well coached team. I was prepared to run into trouble out there and hopefully eke out another ugly win. They far surpassed that.

Great point
It is possible to be sky-high emotionally, yet stay DISCIPLINED
They were that, in Oregon. These were Beavers, not Ducks, but we have crumbled in lesser places, many times before. Good signs.
Post #: 8829
RE: Gopher Football - 9/12/2017 10:37:55 AM   
TJSweens

Does anyone think Anderson has to be seriously reconsidering his decision to leave Wisconsin for this job? Three years in and they don't look good at all.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 8830
RE: Gopher Football - 9/12/2017 10:43:49 AM   
SoMnFan

I physically cringed when they ran thru their upcoming schedule
They are going to get shit-canned several times.
There's no let-up for them.
if not, IF they show up well in the remaining games, then WE must have something.
Because the way we were manhandling them, the Washington and USCs are going to maul them week after week after week.
Post #: 8831
RE: Gopher Football - 9/12/2017 6:02:35 PM   
Karl Juhnke

I heard on KFAN Demry Croft is not with the team this week. 'Non-football related personal matter'. They didn't seem to think it was related to the announcement of Rhoda as starter, but who knows?

I hope not.
Post #: 8832
RE: Gopher Football - 9/12/2017 6:50:53 PM   
Phil Riewer

I remember the one Rhoda start last year.....we won that one too....then Mitch came back early from an injury.....

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 8833
RE: Gopher Football - 9/13/2017 8:21:39 AM   
SoMnFan

Saw an insider tweet that the Croft discipline was him simply not following a Fleck rule, and Fleck following thru correctly.
Post #: 8834
RE: Gopher Football - 9/13/2017 8:55:51 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

I heard on KFAN Demry Croft is not with the team this week. 'Non-football related personal matter'. They didn't seem to think it was related to the announcement of Rhoda as starter, but who knows?

I hope not.

They are saying "non-football related personal matter", but the timing of it is very coincidental. Did Croft's issues play into the decision to name Rhoda the starter? Fleck's initial reaction right after the game was that they would still alternate. Maybe Croft, after being demoted went out and did something stupid. Maybe it is just a coincidence.

Post #: 8835
RE: Gopher Football - 9/13/2017 10:41:23 AM   
Karl Juhnke

I suspect it's more than coincidence, just speculation.

In public, athletes are all about the team, and guard their comments and emotions. But in private, it wouldn't be too surprising if upon hearing the news, he blew off some steam and let a few expletives fly, and someone got wind of it.

Let's hope that's all it is and he doesn't become a problem. Because he seems very talented, and is only a sophomore, so he still has time.

< Message edited by Karl Juhnke -- 9/13/2017 10:42:31 AM >
Post #: 8836
RE: Gopher Football - 9/13/2017 7:35:20 PM   
SoMnFan

I'm buying in to this stuff.

I am geeked about the helmet.
And I loved the all-gold look during the Upchurch days.

http://www.startribune.com/goldy-adorned-helmet-highlights-all-gold-look-for-gophers-on-saturday/444205763/
Post #: 8837
RE: Gopher Football - 9/14/2017 9:11:20 PM   
Karl Juhnke

I like it too. I might have a problem if the Goldy helmet was permanent, but it sounds like a one time deal. I like that they're having fun with the uni's. That's cool.
Post #: 8838
RE: Gopher Football - 9/14/2017 9:17:02 PM   
Karl Juhnke

I loved the video too showing Goldy and Fleck revealing the helmet to the players. Fleck is an elementary school teacher and he does not apologize for approaching his job at that level. And honestly, it makes sense.

That's where you see that this stuff is genuine with him.
Post #: 8839
RE: Gopher Football - 9/14/2017 9:33:34 PM   
TJSweens

Throughout the years, I have always loved it when they have gone with the all gold look.

Post #: 8840
RE: Gopher Football - 9/15/2017 7:35:06 AM   
bstinger

I'm going to the game Saturday. Taking my dad and daughter. She wants to go to the U in a few years, high school freshman this year. She and I have been to "The Bank" once before, this will be my dads first trip. Best part...Free Tickets from work!

< Message edited by bstinger -- 9/15/2017 2:15:02 PM >

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 8841
RE: Gopher Football - 9/15/2017 11:46:19 AM   
SoMnFan

Could really really really get behind this regime.
I need a relevant Gophers FB program before I die
I spent almost twenty years living and dying on my Saturday's with the WCCO folks
Usually on a tractor or hauling grain in a truck
I love this program and would give anything if it could one day shut some people up
Post #: 8842
RE: Gopher Football - 9/15/2017 11:49:32 AM   
SoMnFan

Have a great time bstinger

I still get chills remembering one of the final games I was able to take both my mom and dad to
We were in the EZ behind the offense when Darrel Thompson ran wide vs Michigan and went 90 plus on em
Screamed the whole 90
We saw it develop perfectly
Turned to my folks and both had tears in their eyes
They sacrificed every Fall for me to get us into the old Memorial Bowl and they knew they wouldn't see many more.
Great great memories.
Post #: 8843
RE: Gopher Football - 9/15/2017 11:59:04 AM   
TJSweens

Loved the old brick house.

Post #: 8844
RE: Gopher Football - 9/15/2017 1:46:30 PM   
Karl Juhnke

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

I spent almost twenty years living and dying on my Saturday's with the WCCO folks
I love this program and would give anything if it could one day shut some people up

With Ray Christensen on the play by play. Brought to you by Washburn-Mcreavy funeral homes. Hearing that voice would make me instantly think of raking leaves in the yard.
Post #: 8845
RE: Gopher Football - 9/15/2017 3:31:05 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

With Ray Christensen on the play by play. Brought to you by Washburn-Mcreavy funeral homes. Hearing that voice would make me instantly think of raking leaves in the yard.

Yup
Rays voice instantly gets ya
And yeah, later in life, doing yard work and listening. And hoping. And swearing.
Post #: 8846
RE: Gopher Football - 9/15/2017 3:37:44 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

And having a big ass bonfire after.

Post #: 8847
RE: Gopher Football - 9/15/2017 3:47:26 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

quote:

Without anyone calling the GD Fire dept on ya.
Post #: 8848
RE: Gopher Football - 9/15/2017 3:49:27 PM   
stfrank

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Without anyone calling the GD Fire dept on ya.

All that means is you guys are as old as me, LOL.
Some great memories for sure.
Post #: 8849
RE: Gopher Football - 9/16/2017 4:56:26 PM   
stfrank

Gophers dominating so far today. Hope Rodney Smith isn't hurt too bad, we will need him once we hit some tougher competition.
Post #: 8850
Page:   <<   < prev  352 353 [354] 355 356   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Golden Gophers >> RE: Gopher Football Page: <<   < prev  352 353 [354] 355 356   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode