Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: RE:Mike Vick case

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: RE:Mike Vick case Page: <<   < prev  25 26 27 [28] 29   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: RE:Mike Vick case - 2/1/2011 7:16:04 AM   
John Childress

quote:

Vick made $5.25 million in 2010 but would make an estimated $20 million -- the average salary for the five highest-paid quarterbacks in the league -- if he is designated the Eagles' franchise player.

It is great to see someone turn their life around and make so much money.

America is the land of 2nd chances.

Most of the original pilgrims were run out of their original countries or failed miserably there. America is the mutts of the world and the mutts always beat the purebreds.

No more acceptance of mediocrity!!!! EVER!
Post #: 676
RE: RE:Mike Vick case - 2/1/2011 7:26:01 AM   
Prescott

To reference specifically the people here and say that they should not only "move on", but to then play the race card and say we just need a new black man to hate is frankly both stupid and insulting. I'll tell you that embracing someone for the cruel and callous slaughter just because of the color of his skin is ridiculous, and ignoring his actions based on it would be wrong.

As for ranting about someone having sex as some comparison, that makes no sense. Stay out of people's sex lives is my opinion but what has that got to do with anything.
Post #: 677
RE: RE:Mike Vick case - 2/1/2011 7:47:56 AM   
John Childress

I am really enjoying this

Ohhhh, the poor dog killer is making millions

Cry me a river

LMAO

Post #: 678
RE: RE:Mike Vick case - 2/1/2011 7:48:49 AM   
John Childress

PLAY THE RACE CARD = I don't want to look at or admit my prejudice

Classic white person bailout on a race issue

Why did you play the race card?

The card you invented?

Post #: 679
RE: RE:Mike Vick case - 2/1/2011 8:09:20 AM   
Todd M

The flow of bullshit from one poster on this topic is so bad I'm not convinced it comes from a rational or sane place.

Real racism is a problem and to equate it with the distaste for murder/pedophilia/psychopathic behavior is reprehensible.

I mean really, could you pick a worse group of guys to call people out on?
Post #: 680
RE: RE:Mike Vick case - 2/1/2011 9:07:35 AM   
Lynn G.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd Mallett

The flow of bullshit from one poster on this topic is so bad I'm not convinced it comes from a rational or sane place.

Real racism is a problem and to equate it with the distaste for murder/pedophilia/psychopathic behavior is reprehensible.

I mean really, could you pick a worse group of guys to call people out on?

You knew he was just making stuff up when he says that GW Bush doesn't get any criticism for killing Iraqis. Bush is one of the most hated men in the country right now by a HUGE portion of the electorate, yet he claims the man walks away clean.

Do we have to start listing all the white people who have been jailed for crimes? Absurd.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 681
RE: RE:Mike Vick case - 2/1/2011 9:44:49 AM   
Jeff Jesser

Yeah this borders insanity to the point of Brad's Clarrett ranting.  It's just obvious baiting at this point and us suckers are falling for it.
Post #: 682
RE: RE:Mike Vick case - 2/1/2011 10:07:32 AM   
christ what a discussion...

relative perspective would go a long way.

JC has no sympathy for animals over the human being.

stipulated?

humans beings and their potential and ability to have "successful" lives and contribute "anything" useful to our society is one of his criteria.

mallet and others, love dogs/animals, whatever.

Everyone will judge a person's actions on their own perspective of expectations and morality.

Does it ever occur to you that you will never see this issue the same way?

I despise pit-bulls.

They were bred with one purpose, created by manipulation of genetic bloodlines by mankind for one primary reason.

They were bred to kill.

Not all of them kill, but other than animal companionship, is the risk of the genetic trait of aggressive and potentially fatal or maiming behavior, worth the risk of that/those traits being in a "companion animal's" gene pool.

I don't think so.

Humans glorify violence and our entire history and culture is filled with atrocities that make the species a disgrace to whatever you believe in.

Be it a higher power, a "higher calling", a  superior moral status based on intelligence or ability to rationalize the physical universe.. what ever.

I neither condone Vick's actions nor deny his right to remake himself within a socially acceptable framework.

yes, people have a right to their opinions.

Dogs kill people, people kill dogs.

There is no "glory" or honor in either.

It is animal-ism, which is in everyone.

You can claim to be above it, for what ever reason, but if you watch football, MMA, Boxing, NAscar, anything competitive where "victory" is glorified, you have no corner on the "morality market."

Even this topic of discussion is a competition to obtain a position of "innate" personal superiority.

I find it amusing.

good for you.

don't bother answering me, Mallett.

And Lynn, I know your gonna jump on me for "toadying" to jc, so save that little personal perspective for yourself and we'll just pretend we both understand the truth of that.

At least I'll understand my perspective.

< Message edited by Danimal -- 2/1/2011 10:34:17 AM >

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 683
RE: Mike Vick case - 2/1/2011 10:30:12 AM   
Lynn G.

quote:

And Lynn, I know your gonna jump on me for "toadying" to jc, so save that little personal perspective for yourself and we'll just pretend we both understand the truth of that.

Not at all. You've been arguing with JC recently on a myriad of topics, so I no longer think you just kow tow to whatever he'll say.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 684
RE: Mike Vick case - 2/1/2011 11:04:56 AM   
Todd M

I choose to celebrate kindness, empathy and compassion. Jesser, Lynn, Prescott, Todd

If you want to get in bed with cruelty, apathy and detachment...

< Message edited by Todd Mallett -- 2/1/2011 11:06:13 AM >
Post #: 685
RE: Mike Vick case - 2/1/2011 11:08:13 AM   
Lynn G.

You know Todd, it's only because Michael Vick is black that we consider torturing dogs a cruel and inhumane pasttime. If he was white we would all invite him over for dinner.

Post #: 686
RE: Mike Vick case - 2/1/2011 11:18:14 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

You know Todd, it's only because Michael Vick is black that we consider torturing dogs a cruel and inhumane pasttime. If he was white we would all invite him over for dinner.

With liver, some fava beans, and a nice chianti.
Post #: 687
RE: Mike Vick case - 2/1/2011 11:58:08 AM   
Prescott

quote:

And when a dog kills a person, we exterminate it off the planet. And when we catch people killing dogs like sick twisted ****s, we lock them in jail if we can. 

And then, if that guy is Micheal Vick and can throw a ball well, some people get all giddy inside and crow about how great he is and how everyone needs to shut up about the sick shit he did. That's America. If you're famous and rich, people will love you not matter what you do. If you're poor and get caught doing the same thing, you're screwed.

That's life and how it goes.
Post #: 688
RE: RE:Mike Vick case - 2/1/2011 12:26:00 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Danimal

christ what a discussion...

relative perspective would go a long way.

JC has no sympathy for animals over the human being.

stipulated?

humans beings and their potential and ability to have "successful" lives and contribute "anything" useful to our society is one of his criteria.

mallet and others, love dogs/animals, whatever.

Everyone will judge a person's actions on their own perspective of expectations and morality.

Does it ever occur to you that you will never see this issue the same way?

I despise pit-bulls.

They were bred with one purpose, created by manipulation of genetic bloodlines by mankind for one primary reason.

They were bred to kill.

Not all of them kill, but other than animal companionship, is the risk of the genetic trait of aggressive and potentially fatal or maiming behavior, worth the risk of that/those traits being in a "companion animal's" gene pool.

I don't think so.

Humans glorify violence and our entire history and culture is filled with atrocities that make the species a disgrace to whatever you believe in.

Be it a higher power, a "higher calling", a  superior moral status based on intelligence or ability to rationalize the physical universe.. what ever.

I neither condone Vick's actions nor deny his right to remake himself within a socially acceptable framework.

yes, people have a right to their opinions.

There is no "glory" or honor in either.

It is animal-ism, which is in everyone.

You can claim to be above it, for what ever reason, but if you watch football, MMA, Boxing, NAscar, anything competitive where "victory" is glorified, you have no corner on the "morality market."

Even this topic of discussion is a competition to obtain a position of "innate" personal superiority.

I find it amusing.

good for you.

don't bother answering me, Mallett.

At least I'll understand my perspective.

I strive to raise myself to the level of JC toady.
Post #: 689
RE: Mike Vick case - 2/1/2011 12:44:32 PM   
 you choose to cherry pick one sentence out of a post that has little to do with dogs and people killing each other and vise versa, so what is your point?

you despise Vick?

uh.. we get that...or at least I do...

does repeating your distaste somehow give you good feelings about your morality and your world view?

does vilifying a societies behavior when an individual conforms to acceptable standards of that society and makes an attempt to correct "sick, twisted behavior" somehow justify your perspective that such "sick, twisted behavior" should be exterminated off the planet because it meets your criteria for such a barbaric action, without compunction?

you obviously favor the extermination of dogs, when they violate your standards...

and you seem to be implying that "people" not just specifically Vick, should be held to the same standards regardless of "social" standing.

how does that make you in any way different or superior?

would you "exterminate off the planet" a 15 y/o girl who took a sack full of kittens and tossed it out on a freeway?

how about into a river?

would you "exterminate off the planet" a 12 y/o boy who took his fathers gun and then murdered both his parents in their sleep because they had done something that displeased or upset him?

"would you exterminate off the planet" the sick and twisted behavior that teaches a child that an animal is a coloring book and that it may be used in any manner that pleases it's sensibilities or does not offend the "adults" around them?

the fact that you use "exterminate off the planet" about animals, is interesting.

Who decides?

You?

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 690
RE: RE:Mike Vick case - 2/1/2011 1:23:50 PM   
John Childress

We have countless people hungry and homeless in this country right now.

Can't worry about someone who killed dogs years ago

whine whine

cry cry

Post #: 691
RE: RE:Mike Vick case - 2/1/2011 1:29:11 PM   
Todd M

quote:

"would you exterminate off the planet" the sick and twisted behavior that teaches a child that an animal is a coloring book and that it may be used in any manner that pleases it's sensibilities or does not offend the "adults" around them?

I think he is talking about this!

This is sick and twisted behavior? Oh my. He is further gone than I could have ever imagined!

Post #: 692
RE: RE:Mike Vick case - 2/1/2011 1:30:57 PM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: John Childress

We have countless people hungry and homeless in this country right now.

Can't worry about someone who killed dogs years ago

whine whine

cry cry

Copy and paste?
Post #: 693
RE: RE:Mike Vick case - 2/1/2011 1:31:41 PM   
John Childress

Post #: 694
RE: RE:Mike Vick case - 2/1/2011 1:45:41 PM   
Todd M

Was that you as a baby when you were kicked off the TalkVikestykes?
Post #: 695
RE: RE:Mike Vick case - 2/1/2011 3:15:01 PM   
Prescott

quote:

you choose to cherry pick one sentence out of a post that has little to do with dogs and people killing each other and vise versa, so what is your point?

you despise Vick?

I read your whole post and actually agreed with a lot of it. I only grab one sentence because it related directly to what I said, the point I was making. I'm not over the edge at all with this, I get that dogs aren't people, I think some people wanting him out of the NFL or even executed (think that was Tucker) are loonies. By the same token, I reserve my right to be truly disgusted with any human that would get sick twisted fun our of torturing animals to death, without being labelled a racist.

And I'm not the one repeating over and over anything. I was basically letting John Childress have his "Vick is awesome all you cry babies over dogs need to get over yourself" type rants. Until he had to throw the race card, as if the only objection to mutilating dogs is color of skin.
Post #: 696
RE: RE:Mike Vick case - 2/1/2011 3:26:39 PM   
Prescott

quote:

you obviously favor the extermination of dogs, when they violate your standards...

and you seem to be implying that "people" not just specifically Vick, should be held to the same standards regardless of "social" standing.

I don't even understand this. Yes, when a dog kills a person, we exterminate it. Do you not think this is appropriate?

No, I am not implying that we kill people who fight dogs or mutilate and kill animals for fun. I said succintly that we lock them in jail, and for good reason. Do you not think this is also appropraite? I would not put to death any person for killing animals, ever. Even hundreds of thousands. I never said such a thing, nor implied it. Animals are not humans.

Just as I think there is a difference between someone who shoots an intruder to their home, and a Jeffrey Dahmer, there's a difference between fighting dogs, and mutilating them the way that Vick did. That takes a sick mind, and personally I'm not going to embrace him, no matter how much some wish I would. Why would they even care? Some people can idolize him, I could care less. We certainly have low standards for who we fawn over as a society, he's far from the worst. If people choose to idolize scumbags, that's their right.

You hate Brett Favre with white hot passion for whatever reasons you have. People are most certainly allowed to dislike Micheal Vick for their own reasons, are they not? That's all this is, John Childress wanting to laugh and make fun of people who haven't decided that they're all super cool with Micheal Vick. He wanted and argument, and he got one response from me for his race baiting.

< Message edited by Prescott -- 2/1/2011 3:28:59 PM >
Post #: 697
RE: RE:Mike Vick case - 2/1/2011 3:31:37 PM   
Todd M

quote:

I get that dogs aren't people, I think some people wanting him out of the NFL or even executed (think that was Tucker) are loonies.

Do you just think people that want him executed are loonies or both those who would want him out of the NFL or executed?
Post #: 698
RE: Mike Vick case - 2/1/2011 3:36:00 PM   
Lynn G.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Prescott

I reserve my right to be truly disgusted with any human that would get sick twisted fun our of torturing animals to death, without being labelled a racist.

BINGO!

Post #: 699
RE: RE:Mike Vick case - 2/1/2011 4:01:00 PM   
Prescott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd Mallett

quote:

I get that dogs aren't people, I think some people wanting him out of the NFL or even executed (think that was Tucker) are loonies.

Do you just think people that want him executed are loonies or both those who would want him out of the NFL or executed?

A different class or level of loonies, no offense. The guy served his time for the crime. He can be in the NFL just like anyone else, just like people who commit murder can enter the workforce. Dogfighting and torture/extermination of dogs isn't an extra special crime with extra special life penalties.

Leonard Little is in the NFL, Ray Lewis is in the NFL, and Micheal Vick is in the NFL. Just don't tell me I have to idolize those guys is my point.
Post #: 700
Page:   <<   < prev  25 26 27 [28] 29   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: RE:Mike Vick case Page: <<   < prev  25 26 27 [28] 29   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode