Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Da Bears

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: Da Bears Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Da Bears - 1/17/2010 2:00:05 PM   
Jim Frenette

Gaines Adams dead at a very young age

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,583225,00.html

Didn't the Bears give up a #1 for him?

< Message edited by Jim Frenette -- 1/17/2010 2:10:57 PM >

Fargo
Post #: 176
RE: Da Bears - 1/17/2010 2:59:46 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jim Frenette

They traded their #2. They gave up the #1 in the Cutler deal.
Post #: 177
RE: Da Bears - 1/17/2010 3:17:08 PM   
Jim Frenette

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

They used last years #1 for Cutler or was it 2 #1"s

Fargo
Post #: 178
RE: Da Bears - 1/17/2010 3:30:18 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

They used last years #1 for Cutler or was it 2 #1"s

Two #1s. Last year's and this year's.
Post #: 179
RE: Da Bears - 1/17/2010 3:34:08 PM   
Lynn G.

Preliminary report was that he had an enlarged heart.

I'll bet he didn't even know it. At his young age he probably didn't have any symptoms.

Very sad.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 180
RE: Da Bears - 2/3/2010 8:20:52 PM   
Duane Sampson

Wow... Da Bears get Martz.

Their offense is gonna be fun. Damn, we have shit Chilly's O. I'd give anything to have a real offense.
Post #: 181
RE: Da Bears - 2/3/2010 9:06:37 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Duane Sampson

Their offense is gonna be fun. Damn, we have shit Chilly's O. I'd give anything to have a real offense.

We'll see - its not like the Lions or 49ers had fun offenses under Martz.

Be interesting to see his offense in the cold and wind of Soldier Field, and without the skill position players of the Rams.
Post #: 182
RE: Da Bears - 2/4/2010 9:04:50 AM   
Duane Sampson

Whatever. Kitna passed for over 4,000 yards under Martz. Kitna.....

Don't know why some fans don't like Martz. His offense = FUN TO WATCH

But we still have the kickass offense that makes other teams beat our doors down to grab our offensive staff.
Post #: 183
RE: Da Bears - 2/4/2010 9:09:21 AM   
Duane Sampson

At least it gives Bears fans hope. I'd trade Bevell for Martz in a freakin' heatbeat. I'm really going be pissed if they work in a high flying exciting offense and we still have our 3 play flag football scheme.

But I won't be even a little bit surprised. Gawd, Chilly sucks ****ing up my team.
Post #: 184
RE: Da Bears - 2/4/2010 10:56:21 AM   
Duane Sampson

Warner Wonders if the Bears Have the Talent to Run Martz's Offense?
Wed Feb 3, 2010

ESPNChicago.com reports Chicago Bears QB Jay Cutler led the NFL in interceptions in 2009 with 26. New Bears OC Mike Martz might be the most aggressive play-caller in the league. How those two balance that risk-reward will be the key to the success of their relationship, said Martz's former star pupil, QB Kurt Warner. The newly retired Arizona Cardinals quarterback, who won the NFL MVP and a Super Bowl in his first season running Martz's offense with the St. Louis Rams in 1999, wonders if the Bears have the talent to run the system dubbed "The Greatest Show On Turf." "It's a high-risk, high-reward offense," Warner said Wednesday on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000. "We had one year when we went to the Super Bowl when we led the league in turnovers. That's what comes with that offense, that high risk that can be a part of it. That's where you wonder. Do they have the pieces in place? Does it mesh early enough and quick enough where that risk doesn't outweigh the reward? I think that's going to be the real question."
Post #: 185
RE: Da Bears - 2/4/2010 10:40:56 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

We'll see - its not like the Lions or 49ers had fun offenses under Martz.

Be interesting to see his offense in the cold and wind of Soldier Field, and without the skill position players of the Rams.

It's more likely to be a recipe for disaster than success.
Post #: 186
RE: Da Bears - 2/6/2010 1:25:59 PM   
TheGonz

quote:

Wed Feb 3, 2010

ESPNChicago.com reports Chicago Bears QB Jay Cutler led the NFL in interceptions in 2009 with 26. New Bears OC Mike Martz might be the most aggressive play-caller in the league. How those two balance that risk-reward will be the key to the success of their relationship, said Martz's former star pupil, QB Kurt Warner. The newly retired Arizona Cardinals quarterback, who won the NFL MVP and a Super Bowl in his first season running Martz's offense with the St. Louis Rams in 1999, wonders if the Bears have the talent to run the system dubbed "The Greatest Show On Turf." "It's a high-risk, high-reward offense," Warner said Wednesday on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000. "We had one year when we went to the Super Bowl when we led the league in turnovers. That's what comes with that offense, that high risk that can be a part of it. That's where you wonder. Do they have the pieces in place? Does it mesh early enough and quick enough where that risk doesn't outweigh the reward? I think that's going to be the real question."

Here's the short answer:  No, they don't.

The slightly longer answer:  No, because their WRs are dog crap, they have zero running game, and their offensive line is a joke, and none of that matters because their defense is old and overrated anyway.

Yeah, Kitna threw for 4,000 yards in the two seasons he was with Martz.  He also threw more touchdowns than interceptions in both of those seasons (39/42 overall).  So Jay Cutler should fit right in, I guess.

But hey, as long as the Bears think it's a wonderful idea to put a QB that led the NFL in interceptions last year into a "high-risk offense" with the junk they have at WR and along the O-line, then hey. . .I certainly won't tell them not to.

The question is not "Who will let me?" Rather, the question is "Who will stop me?"
Post #: 187
RE: Da Bears - 2/7/2010 8:36:17 AM   
Duane Sampson

They promoted Rod Marinelli to DC also. Say what you want but the Bears fans have something to look forward to next season. And Martz doesn't need star receivers to make the game fun for fans.

But at least I can still call every freakin' Vikings play from my recliner and hit at about 95%.
Post #: 188
RE: Da Bears - 2/7/2010 8:43:18 AM   
Duane Sampson

I knew our QB coach had no shot. The Bears were already running our lame offense. Insanity is doing the same thing again and again without changing anything and expecting different results.
Post #: 189
RE: Da Bears - 2/7/2010 8:48:48 AM   
Duane Sampson

Could you see the WR overload, Spread 5, delay counter, drop flair, rolling HB screen and one-step slant with Harvin, AD, Rice and even CT and Berrian? Wow!!

But we'll get the double TE stack, run Peterson into Sullivan's ass and then talk about trading our star cuz he sucks.
Post #: 190
RE: Da Bears - 2/7/2010 10:08:25 AM   
Todd M

I hope Bears fans are laughing at you Sammy as you wet yourself wishing you had something they do.

Oh, the Bears offense will be so dreamy I am so jealous...

You whined quite clearly how lame, boring, predictable our offense was this last year. Well, all the years Childress has been here but it's mostly funny that you whined last year.

Here's why.

Here's the deal with your man crush Martz.

As compared to our last lame, boring, predictable year:

With Rams

1999 +56 or 3.5/game. Let me say WOW, their best year with all the starts aligned they averaged basically an extra FG per game.

2000 WC team, lost in the first round +1. 1 stinking point.

2001 +33. Whoa...........stop the presses they averaged 2 whole points a game better!!!

2002 -101. Crushed by our last season.

2003 -142. No wait, THIS was crushed by our last season.

2004 -78. Again, we were better.

With Lions
2006 -102. The Bears will be LUCKY to be this far behind our last year.

2007 -124. Or this close even!

With 49’rs
2008 -251

Excuse me if I don't join the wet my pants wishing we had Martz parade.

< Message edited by Todd Mallett -- 2/7/2010 10:09:58 AM >
Post #: 191
RE: Da Bears - 2/7/2010 10:13:37 AM   
Duane Sampson

Keep laughing while Childress wastes our talent. Maybe Martz can't save the Bears but if you're happy with boreville, smile a lot.
Post #: 192
RE: Da Bears - 2/7/2010 10:16:31 AM   
Duane Sampson

And Martz has the Greatest Show On Turf on his resume. Chilly has Enima run x2, the awesome 12 man huddle and the bonehead across your body INT. 

I happen to think Martz would have a ball with our offensive talent. You like Chillyball. We disagree. Tough shit. Call me a whiner and a man lover, I won't go crying to ****ing mommy like you do when anyone hurts your itty bitty feelings.

< Message edited by Duane Sampson -- 2/7/2010 10:34:20 AM >
Post #: 193
RE: Da Bears - 2/7/2010 1:26:39 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheGonz

quote:

Wed Feb 3, 2010

The slightly longer answer:  No, because their WRs are dog crap, they have zero running game, and their offensive line is a joke, and none of that matters because their defense is old and overrated anyway.

Yeah, Kitna threw for 4,000 yards in the two seasons he was with Martz.  He also threw more touchdowns than interceptions in both of those seasons (39/42 overall).  So Jay Cutler should fit right in, I guess.

But hey, as long as the Bears think it's a wonderful idea to put a QB that led the NFL in interceptions last year into a "high-risk offense" with the junk they have at WR and along the O-line, then hey. . .I certainly won't tell them not to.

You forgot, they don't have a 2010 1st round pick to remedy any of that suckiness either.
Post #: 194
RE: Da Bears - 2/7/2010 2:41:43 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

Wed Feb 3, 2010

You forgot, they don't have a 2010 1st round pick to remedy any of that suckiness either.

Or a 2nd round pick.

#75 is their first pick in the draft.
Post #: 195
RE: Da Bears - 2/7/2010 4:07:21 PM   
TheGonz

quote:

Say what you want but the Bears fans have something to look forward to next season.

What's that. . .actually playing for their own high first round draft pick instead of Denver's high first round draft pick?

The question is not "Who will let me?" Rather, the question is "Who will stop me?"
Post #: 196
RE: Da Bears - 2/7/2010 11:40:55 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

Wed Feb 3, 2010

Or a 2nd round pick.

#75 is their first pick in the draft.

Oops, I forgot!
Post #: 197
RE: Da Bears - 2/8/2010 7:52:15 AM   
Duane Sampson

quote:

quote:

Say what you want but the Bears fans have something to look forward to next season.

What's that. . .actually playing for their own high first round draft pick instead of Denver's high first round draft pick?

No. That their team is not going to try the same thing again and expect a different result. Simple stuff really.
Post #: 198
RE: Da Bears - 2/8/2010 9:51:39 PM   
TheGonz

quote:

quote:

quote:

No. That their team is not going to try the same thing again and expect a different result. Simple stuff really.

*shrug*  If I've worked behind a desk as an accountant my entire life, I could try something different by attempting to jump Snake River Canyon on my Schwinn 10-speed.

Granted, I'll die. . .but at least I'll have tried something different.

And hey, my Schwinn 10-speed is at LEAST as well-equipped to try to jump Snake River Canyon as the Chicago Bears are to attempt to run a Mike Martz offense.

< Message edited by TheGonz -- 2/8/2010 9:53:32 PM >

Post #: 199
RE: Da Bears - 2/9/2010 6:39:03 AM   
Duane Sampson

That's good. The last thing I want is for the Bears to contend. BTW, my original thought is that Martz would be fun with OUR offensive players. But somehow I wasn't able to get that thought down here. Oh well, having a real kickass offense is going to have to wait until grand dad retires or gets fired. I'm resigned to that fate.
Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: Da Bears Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode