Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE:The Packers

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE:The Packers Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE:The Packers - 10/8/2007 6:29:54 PM   
Lynn G.

quote:

WoooooooooooooPeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeFreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeking Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!
Thanks for the LOL moment. I have to admit that I was nearly positive that they'd come back and tie it up in those two minutes. I've seen Favre do that too often to have thought he'd do as poorly as he did.
Post #: 176
RE:The Packers - 10/8/2007 6:36:28 PM   
[quote="Lynn Garthwaite"]
quote:

WoooooooooooooPeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeFreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeking Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!
Thanks for the LOL moment. I have to admit that I was nearly positive that they'd come back and tie it up in those two minutes. I've seen Favre do that too often to have thought he'd do as poorly as he did. I think Favre had some good moments last night, but he is really at times showing his age. Not so much in his arm, but in his escapability. The guy seems to run in slow motion. I think it is funny that the Pack put on 350 yards of offense in the first half and then shut themselves down in the second half. They played not to lose and indeed lost the game. Couldn't happen to better men than B. Favre and Mike McCarthy!! Good catch on the hypocrisy of the packer coach. :nodding:
  Post #: 177
RE:The Packers - 10/8/2007 6:53:56 PM   
Todd M

Good catch on the hypocrisy of the packer coach. Yeah, thanks for that Lynn. You are my favorite Packer smacker (opposite of backer?)
Post #: 178
RE:The Packers - 10/8/2007 8:14:45 PM   
Cheesehead Craig

[quote="Todd Mallett"]Good catch on the hypocrisy of the packer coach. Yeah, thanks for that Lynn. You are my favorite Packer smacker (opposite of backer?)[/quote] What hypocrisy? He was looking for clarification of the rule and brought photos to get it. But then whatever helps you all sleep at night. :roll:
Post #: 179
RE:The Packers - 10/8/2007 8:47:44 PM   
Lynn G.

The hypocrisy, Craig, is that one week earlier he had criticized one of his peers for doing exactly the same thing. And, btw, I'm sure he didn't ingratiate himself with the other head coaches by doing that, but that's something he can deal with himself. It never would have been brought up if he hadn't made a point of calling out another coach in his post-game press conference.
Post #: 180
RE:The Packers - 10/8/2007 9:02:11 PM   
JamieH

[quote="Lynn Garthwaite"]The hypocrisy, Craig, is that one week earlier he had criticized one of his peers for doing exactly the same thing. And, btw, I'm sure he didn't ingratiate himself with the other head coaches by doing that, but that's something he can deal with himself. It never would have been brought up if he hadn't made a point of calling out another coach in his post-game press conference.[/quote] Lynn G., I think he HAS to defend his guys, but it is funny. The Packers interfere and hold every single play. Watch them, and you can call it every play. They are banking on the fact it will maybe be called 1 in 4, and the refs will swallow their whistles in big situations (like they did against the Vikes). If you can get away with it, it is a very good strategy. The interesting call last night was the one with Driver in the endzone on the final play. I do think, however, the refs got it right. Jones...hopefully this isn't a downhill point for him. Kleinsasser was having a good rookie season until a big fumble that he never recovered from. Williamson didn't have the dropsies right away, but a couple of bad games got in his head. Ankiel had great control, for a while. Some players let games like this define their careers. Hopefully it won't define Jones's.
Post #: 181
RE:The Packers - 10/8/2007 10:21:54 PM   
djskillz

Lynn, I agree. Maybe it's just because I'm a Vikings fan, but McCarthy comes off as a total jerk to me. I hate the guy already. And I agree JC, the Skins should roll over the Packers. They're built to beat them. Favre might have 4 picks or so in that game.
Post #: 182
RE:The Packers - 10/8/2007 10:31:41 PM   
Cheesehead Craig

[quote="Lynn Garthwaite"]The hypocrisy, Craig, is that one week earlier he had criticized one of his peers for doing exactly the same thing. And, btw, I'm sure he didn't ingratiate himself with the other head coaches by doing that, but that's something he can deal with himself. It never would have been brought up if he hadn't made a point of calling out another coach in his post-game press conference.[/quote] He approached the official ONE time about how the player was lined up versus continued whining by Childress about pass coverage; big difference. Williams has lined up like that all season long and that was the first flag he received from it. MM brought the photos over to get clarification on the rule interpretation. It's one thing to constantly whine about something, it's another to ask a question and discuss something rationally. Head coaches aren't looking to win Mr. Congeniality amongst their peers.
Post #: 183
RE:The Packers - 10/8/2007 11:21:16 PM   
Lynn G.

Constantly whine? That's YOUR personal interpretation of a coach calling the refs on a series of missed calls. Trust me - if your team was on the receiving end of those kinds of bad calls, you'd EXPECT your coach to speak up about it. No difference at all. You say Williams has lined up like that all season and had never before received a flag. That could be interpreted as him getting away with it up until now. Doesn't mean that it's right. As I understand it, it's a new rule this year. Could be that he just didn't know any better, but it doesn't mean the flag was wrong. Hey - I don't blame McCarthy one bit for questioning it. I'm just pointing out that he can't have it both ways. Can you honestly tell me that if Childress had been the one to call McCarthy out in a press conference that you would have thought it was just peachy? I doubt it. And McCarthy should be glad that there isn't a Mr. Congeniality award because I'll bet you dough that comment of his did not sit well with the other coaches. I was thinking about it as I watched the game last night and wondered if Lovie Smith would ever do something like that. Nope. Can't see it.
Post #: 184
RE:The Packers - 10/8/2007 11:37:28 PM   
Chicken Legs

[quote="Lynn Garthwaite"]Constantly whine? That's YOUR personal interpretation of a coach calling the refs on a series of missed calls. Trust me - if your team was on the receiving end of those kinds of bad calls, you'd EXPECT your coach to speak up about it. No difference at all. You say Williams has lined up like that all season and had never before received a flag. That could be interpreted as him getting away with it up until now. Doesn't mean that it's right. As I understand it, it's a new rule this year. Could be that he just didn't know any better, but it doesn't mean the flag was wrong. Hey - I don't blame McCarthy one bit for questioning it. I'm just pointing out that he can't have it both ways. Can you honestly tell me that if Childress had been the one to call McCarthy out in a press conference that you would have thought it was just peachy? I doubt it. And McCarthy should be glad that there isn't a Mr. Congeniality award because I'll bet you dough that comment of his did not sit well with the other coaches. I was thinking about it as I watched the game last night and wondered if Lovie Smith would ever do something like that. Nope. Can't see it.[/quote] ATTN: Lynn... Make sure to play nice with Cheeseball Craig. Wouldn't want him picking up his cheddar and going over to the Packers' website.....come to think, does G.B. have a website?
Post #: 185
RE:The Packers - 10/8/2007 11:39:47 PM   
Lynn G.

It's okay Thom. Craig and I toss serves back and forth to each other all the time because we're both passionate about our own teams and because this is a division rivalry. He's very good at stating his case without getting too immature about it. I'm not so good at that. :whistling:
Post #: 186
RE:The Packers - 10/8/2007 11:45:14 PM   
Chicken Legs

[quote="Lynn Garthwaite"]It's okay Thom. Craig and I toss serves back and forth to each other all the time because we're both passionate about our own teams and because this is a division rivalry. He's very good at stating his case without getting too immature about it. I'm not so good at that. :whistling:[/quote] Lynn... Appeared to me that Cheeseball Craig kinda attacked you? Just give me a whistle, if you need help....NOT that YOU (being a married woman) would ever whistle at another guy. I'll come running faster than you can say: "Another Brett Favre INT!"
Post #: 187
RE:The Packers - 10/9/2007 12:06:47 AM   
Cheesehead Craig

[quote="Lynn Garthwaite"]It's okay Thom. Craig and I toss serves back and forth to each other all the time because we're both passionate about our own teams and because this is a division rivalry. He's very good at stating his case without getting too immature about it. I'm not so good at that. :whistling:[/quote] Yeah you _____! :lol: It's all good kids. Sometimes Lynn phrases things that rub me the wrong way and I need to call her out on it. No animosity here, I'd still let her buy me a beer. :beer:
Post #: 188
RE:The Packers - 10/9/2007 12:12:58 AM   
Chicken Legs

[quote="Cheesehead Craig"][quote="Lynn Garthwaite"]It's okay Thom. Craig and I toss serves back and forth to each other all the time because we're both passionate about our own teams and because this is a division rivalry. He's very good at stating his case without getting too immature about it. I'm not so good at that. :whistling:[/quote] Yeah you _____! :lol: It's all good kids. Sometimes Lynn phrases things that rub me the wrong way and I need to call her out on it. No animosity here, I'd still let her buy me a beer. :beer: [/quote] Craig... Speaking of beer, Lynn either owes me some RR, or is holding on to some RR for me. I can never remember!
Post #: 189
RE:The Packers - 10/9/2007 12:52:19 AM   
Trekgeekscott

[quote="Cheesehead Craig"][quote="Lynn Garthwaite"]It's okay Thom. Craig and I toss serves back and forth to each other all the time because we're both passionate about our own teams and because this is a division rivalry. He's very good at stating his case without getting too immature about it. I'm not so good at that. :whistling:[/quote] Yeah you _____! :lol: It's all good kids. Sometimes Lynn phrases things that rub me the wrong way and I need to call her out on it. No animosity here, I'd still let her buy me a beer. :beer: [/quote] If someone else is paying for the beer. I don't care if they are my worst enemy. The beer is free...
Post #: 190
RE:The Packers - 10/9/2007 1:43:06 AM   
Cheesehead Craig

[quote="Trekgeekscott"][quote="Cheesehead Craig"][quote="Lynn Garthwaite"]It's okay Thom. Craig and I toss serves back and forth to each other all the time because we're both passionate about our own teams and because this is a division rivalry. He's very good at stating his case without getting too immature about it. I'm not so good at that. :whistling:[/quote] Yeah you _____! :lol: It's all good kids. Sometimes Lynn phrases things that rub me the wrong way and I need to call her out on it. No animosity here, I'd still let her buy me a beer. :beer: [/quote] If someone else is paying for the beer. I don't care if they are my worst enemy. The beer is free...[/quote] Except warm beer. Warm beer bad.
Post #: 191
RE:The Packers - 10/9/2007 2:23:28 AM   
Lynn G.

quote:

Sometimes Lynn phrases things that rub me the wrong way
So I said it in a goofy way, but you agree with me. Right? ;)
Post #: 192
RE:The Packers - 10/9/2007 4:14:47 AM   
Toby Stumbo

[quote="Cheesehead Craig"][quote="Trekgeekscott"][quote="Cheesehead Craig"][quote="Lynn Garthwaite"]It's okay Thom. Craig and I toss serves back and forth to each other all the time because we're both passionate about our own teams and because this is a division rivalry. He's very good at stating his case without getting too immature about it. I'm not so good at that. :whistling:[/quote] Yeah you _____! :lol: It's all good kids. Sometimes Lynn phrases things that rub me the wrong way and I need to call her out on it. No animosity here, I'd still let her buy me a beer. :beer: [/quote] If someone else is paying for the beer. I don't care if they are my worst enemy. The beer is free...[/quote] Except warm beer. Warm beer bad.[/quote] It depends on the beer but usually if it's warm, it's bad. :whistling:
Post #: 193
RE:The Packers - 10/9/2007 4:42:21 AM   
John Childress

[quote="Cheesehead Craig"][quote="Lynn Garthwaite"]It's okay Thom. Craig and I toss serves back and forth to each other all the time because we're both passionate about our own teams and because this is a division rivalry. He's very good at stating his case without getting too immature about it. I'm not so good at that. :whistling:[/quote] Yeah you _____! :lol: It's all good kids. Sometimes Lynn phrases things that rub me the wrong way [/quote]I didn't know there was a wrong way! j/k
Post #: 194
RE:The Packers - 10/9/2007 5:59:26 AM   
Cheesehead Craig

[quote="Lynn Garthwaite"]
quote:

Sometimes Lynn phrases things that rub me the wrong way
So I said it in a goofy way, but you agree with me. Right? ;) Ummmm No. :tisk:
Post #: 195
RE:The Packers - 10/9/2007 7:12:12 AM   
JamieH

I suppose this would be cruel and unusual, except the Pack is 4-1 and leading the North. Congratulations to Brett for being knotted up with Blanda for the INT record.
Post #: 196
RE:The Packers - 10/11/2007 4:25:24 PM   
Duane Sampson

http://www.postcrescent.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071009/APC0101/71009127/1025/APCsports Congress to honor Packers' Brett Favre By Ellyn Ferguson Gannett News Service WASHINGTON — The House is poised this week to pass a resolution honoring Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre for his charitable works and for setting the NFL record for career touchdown passes. The resolution may help take the sting out of Sunday's loss to the Chicago Bears and the Packers' lost opportunity to have their first 5-0 start since 1965. Rep. Steve Kagen, D-Appleton, has 68 House members, including the Wisconsin delegation of five Democrats and three Republicans, signing on as sponsors for his Favre resolution. Kagen, whose district includes Lambeau Field, keeps a photograph of Favre on a wall in his Washington office. North Carolina Rep. Heath Shuler, a former quarterback for the New Orleans Saints and Washington Redskins, is among the lawmakers who want Favre honored. The resolution is on the House list of non-controversial measures known as suspension bills. It's the congressional equivalent of a verbal pat on the back just in time for Favre and the Packers' game Sunday against the Redskins in Green Bay. This is not the first time Congress has honored Favre. In January 1996, the Republican senators from Favre's home state of Mississippi teamed with Wisconsin Democratic Sens. Herb Kohl and Russ Feingold to have the Senate pass a resolution honoring Favre for winning the NFL's most valuable player award. Resolution that would honor Favre WASHINGTON — House Resolution 697 by Rep. Steve Kagen, D-Appleton, recognizes Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre for his work on and off the football field. The House is expected to pass the sense of the House measure today or Wednesday. The resolution reads as follows: Commending Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre for establishing a National Football League record for most career touchdown passes, and for other purposes. Whereas on September 30, 2007, Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre established a National Football League (NFL) record by throwing his 421st touchdown pass; Whereas in addition to the career touchdown mark, Brett Favre also holds the NFL record for greatest number of wins by a starting quarterback and the NFL record for playing in the most consecutive games as a starting quarterback; Whereas Brett Favre is the only 3-time winner of the NFL's Most Valuable Player Award; Whereas Brett Favre's 16 consecutive years of dedicated service with the Green Bay Packers has enhanced the lives of the people of Northeast Wisconsin and exemplified the Wisconsin work ethic; Whereas Brett Favre's contributions to his community have extended beyond the football field; Whereas Brett Favre was born in Gulf Port, Mississippi, was raised in Kiln, Mississippi, and attended the University of Southern Mississippi; Whereas Brett Favre's loyalties to his home State of Mississippi and adopted State of Wisconsin are reflected in his participation in and organization of numerous charitable activities in those States, including the Brett Favre Fourward Foundation, the Special Olympics, the Make-A-Wish Foundation, and the Boys and Girls Clubs of America; Whereas the Brett Favre Fourward Foundation aids disadvantaged children in Wisconsin and Mississippi and has raised more than $1,000,000 for people affected by Hurricane Katrina in Mississippi; Whereas Brett Favre and his wife, Deanna Favre, co-founded the Deanna Favre Hope Foundation, which provides assistance to women in need affected by breast cancer; and Whereas Brett Favre has demonstrated that hard work and single-mindedness of purpose can bring success, and epitomizes the words of NFL Hall of Fame Coach Vince Lombardi: `People who work together will win, whether it be against complex football defenses, or the problems of modern society.': Now, therefore, be it Resolved, That the House of Representatives-- (1) commends Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre for establishing a National Football League record for most career touchdown passes; (2) recognizes Brett Favre for his outstanding community service in Wisconsin and Mississippi and his 16 consecutive years of dedicated service with the Green Bay Packers, a community-owned organization; and (3) directs the Clerk of the House of Representatives to transmit a copy of this resolution to Brett Favre, to the Green Bay Packers organization, and to the Commissioner of the National Football League. Ellyn Ferguson: 202-906-8116 or eferguson@postcrescent.com
Post #: 197
RE:The Packers - 10/11/2007 4:32:28 PM   
Lynn G.

Hey - we have a joke thread - doesn't that belong there? :D
Post #: 198
RE:The Packers - 10/11/2007 4:33:32 PM   
Lynn G.

quote:

Kagen, whose district includes Lambeau Field, keeps a photograph of Favre on a wall in his Washington office.
This HAS to be a joke, right? Please, someone tell me this is a joke.
Post #: 199
RE:The Packers - 10/11/2007 4:38:14 PM   
Trekgeekscott

Of all the cheesy things to do. But after all, it is Wisconsin we are talking about. Isn't it?
Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE:The Packers Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode