Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE:The Packers

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE:The Packers Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE:The Packers - 10/11/2007 5:34:53 PM   
Cheesehead Craig

Ok, I heard about this and it's silly. Our federal government has better things to do (I think). Besides, this is the REAL story: Favre Foils Al-Queda Plot Terrorists struck at America’s greatest treasure today, detonating a bomb that was placed under Brett Favre’s truck. But the national hero snuffed out the blast with his legendary throwing arm, sparing himself and others from serious injury or death. "The JFK assassination, the Challenger explosion, these were all great national tragedies – Whoop! Whoop! Whoop!” said NFL broadcaster Chris Berman. “But rooting for Brett Favre is like rooting for America, it just is. And had he been felled, I doubt our country could ever truly recover. Bumbling, stumbling, fumbling!” President Bush said Favre has been the primary target of terrorists for years. “Brett Favre is America,” said President Bush. “No one believed we could thread the needle of freedom through the triple coverage of oppression, but we did. And today we stand aging and wiser, yet still a kid at heart. This is why evil-doers wish Brett Favre harm. He is everything that is great about America – but then multiplied by a thousand and covered in rugged stubble. Taking him down is the only thing that would truly hurt this country, and the terrorists know it. And no amount of prescription painkillers would dull that pain.” :lol:
Post #: 201
RE:The Packers - 10/11/2007 6:02:44 PM   
Trekgeekscott

The only thing that article is missing is more man love from Joe Buck and John Madden.
Post #: 202
RE:The Packers - 10/11/2007 7:00:53 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Sal Palontonio (sp??) of ESPN was on our local sports show today discussing his new book. He said the biggest over rated guy in all of sports is Favre. Of course the hosts gave him junk about it. He explained that BF's numbers are much worse than Vick over the past 7 years and Vick is considered a horrible QB. The numbers were surprisingly bad.
Post #: 203
RE:The Packers - 10/11/2007 7:03:34 PM   
So.Mn.Fan

[quote="Jeff Jesser"]Sal Palontonio (sp??) (soon to be formerly employed by) ESPN was on our local sports show today discussing his new book. He said the biggest over rated guy in all of sports is Favre. Of course the hosts gave him junk about it. He explained that BF's numbers are much worse than Vick over the past 7 years and Vick is considered a horrible QB. The numbers were surprisingly bad.[/quote] Fixed (updated) that post for you. ;)
Post #: 204
RE:The Packers - 10/11/2007 7:05:29 PM   
Jeff Jesser

LOL, yeah. He even said that "my network is the biggest perpetuaters of the Favre myth".
Post #: 205
RE:The Packers - 10/11/2007 11:25:11 PM   
Cheesehead Craig

He also has Barry Sanders as the most overrated RB of all time as well. :scratch: Randy Moss is on the list of most overrated WRs (if not at the top) :doh2: Wonder who's on the overrated coaching list then, Bill Walsh?
Post #: 206
RE:The Packers - 10/12/2007 1:16:27 AM   
Jeff Jesser

That is funny. I didn't catch that part. BS the most over rated RB. NICE! That dude was probably the most underrated.
Post #: 207
RE:The Packers - 10/12/2007 1:55:05 AM   
djskillz

I am now a HUGE Sal Paolantonio fan!!! What a stud! So true. Also, if Brett Favre was Al-Qaeda's main target, well, give me a copy of the Quran! :D
Post #: 208
RE:The Packers - 10/12/2007 4:22:24 AM   
Trekgeekscott

[quote="Jeff Jesser"]That is funny. I didn't catch that part. BS the most over rated RB. NICE! That dude was probably the most underrated.[/quote] If Barry Sanders hadn't retired abruptly as he did, there wouldn't be any talk about Emmit Smith holding the rushing record. Sanders would have annihilated it.
Post #: 209
RE:The Packers - 10/12/2007 8:26:14 AM   
djskillz

[quote="Trekgeekscott"][quote="Jeff Jesser"]That is funny. I didn't catch that part. BS the most over rated RB. NICE! That dude was probably the most underrated.[/quote] If Barry Sanders hadn't retired abruptly as he did, there wouldn't be any talk about Emmit Smith holding the rushing record. Sanders would have annihilated it.[/quote] I agree there. The Sanders thing is baffling. Emmit Smith is clearly the most overrated RB in the history of the game. Ciatrick Fason would be a top 10 rusher all time with that line. Did he really say that about Moss?
Post #: 210
RE:The Packers - 10/12/2007 8:40:17 AM   
Easy E

[quote="djskilbr"][quote="Trekgeekscott"][quote="Jeff Jesser"]That is funny. I didn't catch that part. BS the most over rated RB. NICE! That dude was probably the most underrated.[/quote] If Barry Sanders hadn't retired abruptly as he did, there wouldn't be any talk about Emmit Smith holding the rushing record. Sanders would have annihilated it.[/quote] I agree there. The Sanders thing is baffling. Emmit Smith is clearly the most overrated RB in the history of the game. Ciatrick Fason would be a top 10 rusher all time with that line. Did he really say that about Moss?[/quote] Barry's not baffling, he's just different. Like Jim Brown different. He loved playing football, and then, when he didn't love it anymore, because he continually had to play for crappy coaches that pulled him and misused him, when he had had enough of that, he stopped. I really hate Emmit Smith. He's an average back that was a self righteous, arrogant, glory hog. He was all about records and personal gain, and then he took a hypocritical shot at Barry when he was getting too much attention for setting the single season rushing record... then guess what Emmit? He showed how much that meant to him by sitting when the game was won. Emmitt played behind the greatest offensive line ever assembled in the history of the NFL. And yet, he rarely gave them any credit. Look at Emmitt's rushing yards and average by quarter. It's so obvious where his "talent" lay. I also love those who say Barry had to many negative runs. Guess what, when you have a bad line that makes you have to start dodging tacklers behind the LOS, you're going to have some of those. Barry put up all his numbers despite that fact, and in my mind it makes his accomplishments even greater. Take every TD Tommy Vardell scored, to me Barry scored those too. It was sick how bad of a coach Wayne Fontes was.
Post #: 211
RE:The Packers - 10/12/2007 9:04:15 AM   
djskillz

Sorry E. Didn't mean his retiring is baffling (heck, I'd retire him; I think he/Robert Smith are the SMART ones; get out with your health). I meant Sal apparently calling him overrated is baffling. Should have clarified that one I guess. Completely agreed on Emmitt Smith. As I said, Ciatrick Fason could be top 10 in rushing in the history of the league with that line. I think there might be 10 better backs in the league TODAY than Emmitt.
Post #: 212
RE:The Packers - 10/12/2007 4:03:22 PM   
John Childress

I have listened to Sal Pal for years and he is a bit opinionated against certain types of players and it appears based on their personality as much as their playing ability. One thing that he did say about some players is that they are front-runners and he downgrades people for that. But I don't think that he did his homework on Moss. Everyone points to the 41-0 game and the infamously taken out of context quote but they miss the facts. The facts about Moss are that he has 9 TD catches in 8 playoff games. Cris Carter had 8 in 14 playoff games. Not even Jerry Rice averaged more than 1 TD catch per playoff game. Barry gets killed for not enough TDs but he is 8th all time in the NFL and retired at age 30! Put him behind the Dallas line and he would have owned every NFL rushing record for decades.
Post #: 213
RE:The Packers - 10/12/2007 10:20:03 PM   
Rob Viking

Seriously if Barry had the Cowboys O-Line of the mid 90's he probably would have put up 2,500 yards per season. It just shows how bad the Lions really have been, without Barry the would have been the team they are now or the team of the past 7 seasons. Emmitt was good but nowhere near great IMO. He's kind of like Shaun Alexander.
Post #: 214
RE:The Packers - 10/12/2007 10:42:44 PM   
Rob Viking

Many media folk believe Moss is a detriment to the team and quit at the worse time. But look at his playoff numbers 700+ yards 9TDs in 8 playoff games. Compare them with the great Marvin Harrison or TO, both don't compare to Moss' playoff numbers. Moss 35rec, 723yds, 9TDs in 8 games. Marvin 60rec, 836, 2TDs in 14 games. TO 50rec, 702, 4TDs in 11 games.
Post #: 215
RE:The Packers - 10/13/2007 12:41:40 AM   
djskillz

[quote="Rob Viking"]Seriously if Barry had the Cowboys O-Line of the mid 90's he probably would have put up 2,500 yards per season. It just shows how bad the Lions really have been, without Barry the would have been the team they are now or the team of the past 7 seasons. Emmitt was good but nowhere near great IMO. He's kind of like Shaun Alexander.[/quote] Well said. I'm not sure Barry exactly fit their OL (more of a WCO back to me) but the point still stands; Emmit is HIGHLY overrated.
Post #: 216
RE:The Packers - 10/13/2007 4:18:58 PM   
John Childress

[quote="Rob Viking"]Many media folk believe Moss is a detriment to the team and quit at the worse time. But look at his playoff numbers 700+ yards 9TDs in 8 playoff games. Compare them with the great Marvin Harrison or TO, both don't compare to Moss' playoff numbers. Moss 35rec, 723yds, 9TDs in 8 games. Marvin 60rec, 836, 2TDs in 14 games. TO 50rec, 702, 4TDs in 11 games.[/quote] Exactly why I don't buy that "Moss disappears in big games" crap that Hoge and company try to spew.
Post #: 217
RE:The Packers - 10/13/2007 6:00:11 PM   
thebigo

[quote="John Childress"][quote="Rob Viking"]Many media folk believe Moss is a detriment to the team and quit at the worse time. But look at his playoff numbers 700+ yards 9TDs in 8 playoff games. Compare them with the great Marvin Harrison or TO, both don't compare to Moss' playoff numbers. Moss 35rec, 723yds, 9TDs in 8 games. Marvin 60rec, 836, 2TDs in 14 games. TO 50rec, 702, 4TDs in 11 games.[/quote] Exactly why I don't buy that "Moss disappears in big games" crap that Hoge and company try to spew.[/quote] I don't have the #s handy, but I believe his MMF performances are also historic.
Post #: 218
RE:The Packers - 10/13/2007 7:49:23 PM   
djskillz

[quote="thebigo"][quote="John Childress"][quote="Rob Viking"]Many media folk believe Moss is a detriment to the team and quit at the worse time. But look at his playoff numbers 700+ yards 9TDs in 8 playoff games. Compare them with the great Marvin Harrison or TO, both don't compare to Moss' playoff numbers. Moss 35rec, 723yds, 9TDs in 8 games. Marvin 60rec, 836, 2TDs in 14 games. TO 50rec, 702, 4TDs in 11 games.[/quote] Exactly why I don't buy that "Moss disappears in big games" crap that Hoge and company try to spew.[/quote] I don't have the #s handy, but I believe his MMF performances are also historic.[/quote] Yes, they are. I believe he is also the only WR in the history of football to average over a TD a game on MNF. There seems to be some issue with calling WR's like Moss "soft". Look what they talked about with Plaxico forever with that garbage "plexiglass" nickname. You don't have to be a bulldozer to be a great WR. You just have to be tall, fast, and catch the ball. Those guys are two of the very best at that.
Post #: 219
RE:The Packers - 10/13/2007 8:20:32 PM   
John Childress

agreed
Post #: 220
RE:The Packers - 10/14/2007 5:02:40 PM   
Duane Sampson

NFL.com's Adam Schefter reports Green Bay Packers WR Koren Robinson could be reinstated as early as next week.
Post #: 221
RE:The Packers - 10/14/2007 10:35:17 PM   
djskillz

[quote="Duane Sampson"]NFL.com's Adam Schefter reports Green Bay Packers WR Koren Robinson could be reinstated as early as next week.[/quote] Uh-oh. We're in trouble. :shock: :shock: :shock: :D
Post #: 222
RE:The Packers - 10/15/2007 1:16:31 AM   
Lynn G.

Packer fans get their turn to complain about officiating today. Two really horrendous calls negated at least one touchdown. A non-existent hold called on Tauscher, and the touchdown in which they should have called a pushout. Luckily for them it didn't result in the loss of the game.
Post #: 223
RE:The Packers - 10/15/2007 5:13:57 AM   
Cheesehead Craig

Packer D wins the game today. The offense was bad. Complete domination by the Packers in the 2nd half with the D. 5-1 is outstanding going into the bye week.
Post #: 224
RE:The Packers - 10/15/2007 6:38:44 AM   
thebigo

[quote="Cheesehead Craig"]Packer D wins the game today. The offense was bad. Complete domination by the Packers in the 2nd half with the D. 5-1 is outstanding going into the bye week.[/quote] ESPN.com says "Favre leads Packers to win"...
Post #: 225
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE:The Packers Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode