Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: RE:Police Blotter

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: RE:Police Blotter Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: RE:Police Blotter - 3/18/2008 4:21:10 PM   
Easy E

quote:

ORIGINAL: El Duderino

The domestic battery thing turned out to be HER beating HIM, as I recall.  He cancelled her credit cards, and she flipped out on him.

I'm too tired and fed up with abusive athletes to talk about this much.. let's just say that there was no bigger Warren Moon fan than me so I followed it closely, and even believe the "best" of him in the first telling... and that yes, in his drunken state, their following argument and his abuse of her, she also whacked him with a candlestick.. but the long and short is that she basically did the same thing as many battered women, stood up for him, and it came back to bite her.
Post #: 76
RE: RE:Police Blotter - 4/3/2008 7:57:36 AM   
Duane Sampson

Bengals' Chris Henry Charged with Assault
Wed Apr 2, 2008

AP reports Cincinnati Bengals WR Chris Henry has been accused of punching an 18-year-old man in the face and breaking his car window with a beer bottle, according to court documents filed Wednesday. Henry, 24, was charged with misdemeanor assault and criminal damaging in the Monday incident in Cincinnati. A warrant for his arrest was issued in Hamilton County Municipal Court. The player has had a string of problems with police. He most recently was in court last week after being ticketed for driving with expired Kentucky license plates. He paid $149, according to the Hamilton County Municipal Court records. Henry, who was arrested four times during a 14-month span, was suspended by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell for the first half of last season for repeatedly violating the league's conduct policy.
Post #: 77
RE: RE:Police Blotter - 4/3/2008 10:57:53 AM   
Jim Frenette

quote:

ORIGINAL: Duane Sampson

Wed Apr 2, 2008

AP reports Cincinnati Bengals WR Chris Henry has been accused of punching an 18-year-old man in the face and breaking his car window with a beer bottle, according to court documents filed Wednesday. Henry, 24, was charged with misdemeanor assault and criminal damaging in the Monday incident in Cincinnati. A warrant for his arrest was issued in Hamilton County Municipal Court. The player has had a string of problems with police. He most recently was in court last week after being ticketed for driving with expired Kentucky license plates. He paid $149, according to the Hamilton County Municipal Court records. Henry, who was arrested four times during a 14-month span, was suspended by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell for the first half of last season for repeatedly violating the league's conduct policy.

I'm guessing he sits in 08 now

Fargo
Post #: 78
RE: RE:Police Blotter - 4/3/2008 11:36:28 AM   
Chris Olson

And the Bengals already cut him:  http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3327235

I could see him never coming back to the league with Goodell...
Post #: 79
RE: RE:Police Blotter - 4/3/2008 11:47:42 AM   
Jim Frenette

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris Olson

And the Bengals already cut him:  http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3327235

I could see him never coming back to the league with Goodell...

That didn't take long and I don't blame them

Fargo
Post #: 80
RE: RE:Police Blotter - 4/3/2008 11:49:29 AM   
Toby Stumbo

Man, to be young and dumb again.  Dumbass!

GO VIKES!
Post #: 81
RE: RE:Police Blotter - 4/3/2008 3:17:57 PM   
Lynn G.

The Bengals waited about two years too long to cut Chris Henry, but better late than never.  I hope no one else picks him up.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 82
RE: RE:Police Blotter - 4/3/2008 4:26:31 PM   
What kind of idiot throws away Professional football money over crap like that?

Ricky Williams and Chris Henry.....

Freakin idiots.

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 83
RE: RE:Police Blotter - 4/4/2008 1:34:49 AM   
Easy E

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jim Frenette

quote:

Wed Apr 2, 2008

AP reports Cincinnati Bengals WR Chris Henry has been accused of punching an 18-year-old man in the face and breaking his car window with a beer bottle, according to court documents filed Wednesday. Henry, 24, was charged with misdemeanor assault and criminal damaging in the Monday incident in Cincinnati. A warrant for his arrest was issued in Hamilton County Municipal Court. The player has had a string of problems with police. He most recently was in court last week after being ticketed for driving with expired Kentucky license plates. He paid $149, according to the Hamilton County Municipal Court records. Henry, who was arrested four times during a 14-month span, was suspended by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell for the first half of last season for repeatedly violating the conduct policy.

punching someone in the face and breaking their car window. Being arrested 5 times...

that is much difference that beating a guy over the head with a pole and being arrested 4 times...

I know he's "one of us" and all, but how is this so different than the mount? why are we so sure that Goodell won't suspend our stellar left tackle?
Post #: 84
RE: RE:Police Blotter - 4/4/2008 6:56:57 AM   
Duane Sampson

I'm never surprised when these guys struggle with fame and fortune. They go from dirt poor to millions of dollars overnight, they are 20-24 years old and they still have their dirt poor "posse" running with them.

It's like the horror stories of lottery winners. Sure, some can get through it but if every poster here was handed 10 million clams, half would be f'ked in a couple of years and most of us never had to grow up like some of these kids.

I can say hand me 10 mil and you'd have to dig me up in two years to see how I was doing.
Post #: 85
RE: RE:Police Blotter - 4/4/2008 8:12:07 AM   
Lynn G.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Easy E

quote:

quote:

Wed Apr 2, 2008

AP reports Cincinnati Bengals WR Chris Henry has been accused of punching an 18-year-old man in the face and breaking his car window with a beer bottle, according to court documents filed Wednesday. Henry, 24, was charged with misdemeanor assault and criminal damaging in the Monday incident in Cincinnati. A warrant for his arrest was issued in Hamilton County Municipal Court. The player has had a string of problems with police. He most recently was in court last week after being ticketed for driving with expired Kentucky license plates. He paid $149, according to the Hamilton County Municipal Court records. Henry, who was arrested four times during a 14-month span, was suspended by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell for the first half of last season for repeatedly violating the conduct policy.

punching someone in the face and breaking their car window. Being arrested 5 times...

that is much difference that beating a guy over the head with a pole and being arrested 4 times...

I know he's "one of us" and all, but how is this so different than the mount? why are we so sure that Goodell won't suspend our stellar left tackle?

Eric - I don't know what you're talking about.  Just about every post about McKinnie since "the incident" has included the assumption that he's going to be suspended.  Many people here have even talked about getting rid of him, based in part because he's going to be missing games anyway.

Where are you reading that "we are so sure that Goodell won't suspend our stellar left tackle?"

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 86
RE: RE:Police Blotter - 4/4/2008 8:36:45 AM   
Easy E

Lynn - Hey, if the entire rest of the board is agreeing with me that Mount is basically Henry, and that he's likely going to face a 4 game or longer suspension, I retract it all.

I swear that I had discussions with people about how what McKinnie did wasn't a big deal at all, that we can never understand their world, that the Vikings would be dumb to even consider moving on, and that he probably won't be suspended, or might face a one game suspension at worst. Heck, I even swear I read someone say that McKinnie was totally justified in doing what he did, that the bouncer got what he deserved for getting in the mount's way.

I really thought that those things happened. I didn't think I was hallucinating. If you're telling me those never happened, well, ok. That the entire rest of the board feels the same way that apparently you and I do is news to me.

I was contrasting that with people thinking Henry is being really dumb and throwing his career away, meanwhile thinking McKinnie is alright and should stick with the team no matter what. I thought there were those people, I didn't realize they had all changed their minds.

This board is not a group collective think tank, I wasn't lumping everyone on the whole board into one group, I was talking specifically about the people who think there's no real problem with McKinnie.
Post #: 87
RE: RE:Police Blotter - 4/4/2008 8:47:25 AM   
Lynn G.

I admit that sometimes I have to skim posts quickly when I fall behind, but I honestly don't ever remember reading any of these: 

quote:

I swear that I had discussions with people about how what McKinnie did wasn't a big deal at all, that we can never understand their world, that the Vikings would be dumb to even consider moving on, and that he probably won't be suspended, or might face a one game suspension at worst. Heck, I even swear I read someone say that McKinnie was totally justified in doing what he did, that the bouncer got what he deserved for getting in the mount's way.

But people are weird, and I suppose someone might have said it.  The way you wrote your comment - "we" - implied that you felt that it was a general board impression.

Post #: 88
RE: RE:Police Blotter - 4/4/2008 8:59:32 AM   
Easy E

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

I admit that sometimes I have to skim posts quickly when I fall behind, but I honestly don't ever remember reading any of these: 

quote:

But people are weird, and I suppose someone might have said it.  The way you wrote your comment - "we" - implied that you felt that it was a general board impression.

I never assume the whole board feels a certain way. It's a large pool of people and everyone has different opinions. If I use terms like "we", it's in the sense of those who feel that way, not the entire board.

And yes, each of those opinions have been stated. I'm not hammering them either, I was trying to have a discussion about it.
Post #: 89
RE: RE:Police Blotter - 4/4/2008 11:03:37 AM   
Jim Frenette

quote:

quote:

quote:

Wed Apr 2, 2008

Easy the reason I mentioned it the way I did, was that he served 8 game suspension last year and he knew he had to keep his nose clean. He might get the same treatment that Pac Man got, indefinite suspension. As for Mckinnie, I believe he will get at least 4 game suspension if not 8.

Fargo
Post #: 90
RE: RE:Police Blotter - 4/4/2008 11:28:33 AM   
So.Mn.Fan

quote:

I'm never surprised when these guys struggle with fame and fortune. They go from dirt poor to millions of dollars overnight, they are 20-24 years old and they still have their dirt poor "posse" running with them.

It's like the horror stories of lottery winners. Sure, some can get through it but if every poster here was handed 10 million clams, half would be f'ked in a couple of years and most of us never had to grow up like some of these kids.

I can say hand me 10 mil and you'd have to dig me up in two years to see how I was doing.

Honesty. I like that in a dead guy.
But,,, you'd leave what was left for your brother-from-a-different-mother, right?
Seriously, very good post.
Many just cannot handle "having it all" so soon.
I'd burn out in flames as well. I'd do everything I can't afford to do now. Twice probably.   
Post #: 91
RE: RE:Police Blotter - 4/4/2008 11:42:34 AM   
Easy E

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Wed Apr 2, 2008

Easy the reason I mentioned it the way I did, was that he served 8 game suspension last year and he knew he had to keep his nose clean. He might get the same treatment that Pac Man got, indefinite suspension. As for Mckinnie, I believe he will get at least 4 game suspension if not 8.

I'm in total agreement. I should have made it more clear I wasn't contradicting you. McKinnie seems like a repeat of Henry, to be honest, and I think he'll get almost the same 8 game suspension Henry got.

Henry's legal trouble are: getting caught with pot. People here defended Randy Moss for smoking pot.

Driving drunk: people here defended Koren Robinson and proposed getting Jared Allen.

Serving Jail time for providing alchohol to minors: people here have defended Matt Leinart for doing the same, saying it's an athlete's "right".

And a sex allegation that he was never charged with: McKinnie was the organizer of love boat

For these 4 incident he got an 8 game suspension. McKinnie's been arrested 4 time for similar stuff. I'd be shocked if he "only" gets a game or two.
Post #: 92
RE: RE:Police Blotter - 5/2/2008 11:37:43 AM   
Duane Sampson

Ahmad Brooks Accused of Assault
    Thu May 1, 2008

The Cincinnati Enquirer reports Bengals LB Ahmad Brooks has been charged with punching a Florence woman in the left eye. Brooks, who lives in Union, has been summoned to appear June 6 in Boone District Court to answer to the charge of misdemeanor assault, punishable by up to a year in the jail.
Post #: 93
RE: RE:Police Blotter - 5/2/2008 11:39:01 AM   
Duane Sampson

Man Says Pacman Jones Framed Him for Las Vegas Shooting
    Thu May 1, 2008

AP reports a man charged with shooting three people outside a Las Vegas strip club denies he was involved and accused suspended CB Pacman Jones of ordering the shooting and framing him to avoid identifying the real shooter. Arvin Kenti Edwards of Renton, Wash., is being held in a Washington state jail on $1 million bail pending extradition to Nevada. He talked with WTVF-TV in Nashville by phone for a report that aired Wednesday. Jones was traded to the Dallas Cowboys by Tennessee last week. Edwards told the TV station in a telephone interview that Jones lied to police about the Feb. 19, 2007, shooting at the Minxx club that left an employee paralyzed and two other people wounded. Edwards said Jones paid someone for the shooting but that it wasn't him. He accused the cornerback of lying to help his plea deal as Jones tries to return to the NFL. Jones was traded by Tennessee to Dallas last week.
Post #: 94
RE: RE:Police Blotter - 5/2/2008 11:54:15 AM   
Jim Frenette

quote:

Man Says Pacman Jones Framed Him for Las Vegas Shooting
    Thu May 1, 2008

AP reports a man charged with shooting three people outside a Las Vegas strip club denies he was involved and accused suspended CB Pacman Jones of ordering the shooting and framing him to avoid identifying the real shooter. Arvin Kenti Edwards of Renton, Wash., is being held in a Washington state jail on $1 million bail pending extradition to Nevada. He talked with WTVF-TV in Nashville by phone for a report that aired Wednesday. Jones was traded to the Dallas Cowboys by Tennessee last week. Edwards told the TV station in a telephone interview that Jones lied to police about the Feb. 19, 2007, shooting at the Minxx club that left an employee paralyzed and two other people wounded. Edwards said Jones paid someone for the shooting but that it wasn't him. He accused the cornerback of lying to help his plea deal as Jones tries to return to the NFL. Jones was traded by Tennessee to Dallas last week.

This will be interesting to follow since the Cowgirls just traded for him and gave him a new contract.

Fargo
Post #: 95
RE: RE:Police Blotter - 5/2/2008 11:56:29 AM   
Lynn G.

That would be such a shame if the Cowboys ended up getting rear ended by that deal.

Oh wait - no it wouldn't.

Post #: 96
RE: RE:Police Blotter - 5/2/2008 2:55:23 PM   
Lynn G.

Marvin Harrison of the Colts is being question about his possible involvement in a shooting.  I don't have any more information.

Post #: 97
RE: RE:Police Blotter - 5/2/2008 3:03:38 PM   
Lynn G.

More info (but no link yet).

It was in a bar that Marvin Harrison owns in Philly - a patron became a problem.  The guy ran out, Harrison followed him, gunfire ensued - the guy's hand was hit and flying glass from the car that was also hit by gunfire hit a little girl.

The girl is owned by Harrison, but he claims he did not shoot it.

Post #: 98
RE: RE:Police Blotter - 5/2/2008 3:07:58 PM   
Tim Cady

The girl is owned by Harrison, but he claims he did not shoot it.

Go the extra mile, it's never crowded!
Post #: 99
RE: RE:Police Blotter - 5/2/2008 3:08:44 PM   
Tim Cady

There will be charges filed against Harrison because he owned the gun.
Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: RE:Police Blotter Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode