Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Randy Moss

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Former Vikings >> RE: Randy Moss Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Randy Moss - 4/21/2008 1:39:48 PM   
Duane Sampson

Randy Moss Writing His Life Story
Mon Apr 21, 2008

The Boston Herald reports New England Patriots walking soap opera WR Randy Moss is writing his life story. The book, "Rollin' with Randy: The Real Randy Moss Story," is being co-written by longtime Moss collaborator Jim Workman for release next February. Just in time for the Super Bowl! In a posting on Randy's Web site, Workman said he's in the process of finding a publisher for the book, which we can't imagine will be a problem considering the wealth of material he has to work with! "I've been approached about doing a book many times in my career," Moss says on his Web site TheRealRandyMoss.com. "But at this point of my career, I feel that it's time to come on out with my experiences. I've matured and grown and I've accomplished more in football. I want to let people in on . . . football and my everyday life." Workman, the University of Charleston's sports information director, is a former sports reporter who has covered Moss since he began his football career in high school.

ROLLIN with Randy!      
Post #: 76
RE: Randy Moss - 4/21/2008 1:55:45 PM   
Lynn G.

I have to admit - I'll read that book.  We might get some answers to things we've always wondered about - like his relationship with Red and that trade.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 77
RE: Randy Moss - 4/21/2008 1:56:14 PM   
Lynn G.

Maybe I should write THAT TRADE in all caps because of its importance to our club.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 78
RE: Randy Moss - 4/29/2008 9:33:42 PM   
Todd M

Can't believe I'm just catching that now. I will totally buy and read that book. Great name.

I came in to post this:

Randy Moss Ready To Try A Different Kind Of Competitive Passing

Catching passes has made Randy Moss famous. Now he hopes to build his own team intent on making passes.

Tuesday the New England Patriots wide receiver announced the formation of Moss Motorsports, which is expected to compete in the Craftsman Truck Series, possibly as early as this season. Moss expect the team to be running full-time for the 2009 season.
"We don't have all of the details in place just yet, but I am very excited about Moss Motorsports becoming a part of NASCAR," Moss said.
"I am by nature a very competitive person and this is an outlet for me to compete at another level. There are some pretty awesome challenges in building a program like this from the ground up, but I am looking forward to it. That's just another aspect of the competition - you want to find the best people available and you're competing with all the other teams out there. We're starting to look at who the best people are and working on getting them to be a part of our team." Moss, a 10-year NFL veteran, expects to announce sponsors and a manufacturer alignment in coming weeks.
"There are a lot of NASCAR fans in the locker room," Moss said. "We've seen a lot of football players get involved - guys like Dan Marino and Troy Aikman to name a couple. I think it's a good fit and gives some of the companies I am already working with an additional outlet. It's a smart move on the marketing side of things but on the personal side of things I think it's going to be a lot of fun."
"We know it takes time to build a team from the ground up, and we have some good people working with us to get that process started. "We are talking to the manufacturers, and we're already evaluating some drivers. Eventually I'd like to be able to have our team work with some of the young guys that are working hard to make it up the ladder, but right now it might make more sense to find a driver with a lot of experience to get us started. But we really don't have anyone in mind. We'll look at who is available and find someone that can help us compete and win as quickly as we can."

I'm a good driver...

< Message edited by Todd Mallett -- 4/29/2008 9:35:00 PM >
Post #: 79
RE: Randy Moss - 6/16/2008 1:08:48 PM   
Mark Duda

I was just browsing my computer looking for files to delete, and I came across this little vid I made years ago. I posted it on my sister's myspace account for in case they feel the need to ban someone for copyright infringement...She never uses her account anyways.  youtube wouldn't even process the vid after I uploaded it. I don't how the hell they knew it was an NFL video, but it was insta-refused. I didn't mention anything about football at all in the decripstion and all that...  .

Anyhow, this brings back some memories...

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=36273232

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli. "
Post #: 80
RE: Randy Moss - 6/16/2008 1:38:01 PM   
Todd M

Never get tired of RM highlights.

Too bad life wasn't sweet enough to offer us the chance to see Moss and AD lined up together.
Post #: 81
RE: Randy Moss - 7/6/2008 2:26:29 AM   
Thomas O. Eliason

I still love Randy Moss.  Thanks Mark, that video is awesome.

BTW, Randy was too fast for the cross.  All-too-rare was the cross pass which hit him in stride... most were well behind, and often embarassingly so !

PPE II baby
Post #: 82
RE: Randy Moss - 7/8/2008 8:16:06 AM   
Lynn G.

I read that Randy finally sold his Minnesota house.  I liked that he still had that connection here, and he even brought his family here last New Year's to spend some time.   I guess the final connection is severed.

Post #: 83
RE: Randy Moss - 11/2/2008 6:10:25 PM   
Lynn G.

Inside scoop people!    Granted that it's about fourth hand, so take it with a grain of salt - but the guy I've been sitting next to in my season seats for the past two years, gave me this scoop today.

He's friends with Sid - that famous Viking fan who is known for catching Randy Moss in his post-touchdown leaps for years.   Sid was famously in his Viking gear at the Patriot's Monday night game two weeks ago - and was even talked about on some of the sports shows afterward.

Okay - here's the scoop.

Sid told my friend Mookie (isn't that a GREAT nickname?!) that Randy flew him out for that game and bought him that ticket.   And Randy told Sid that he is, one way or another, going to RETIRE AS A VIKING!!!   He'd love to play his last season in Minnesota if possible, but if that doesn't work out, he will do what Robert Griffith just did - sign a one day contract at the end of his career to officially retire as a Viking.

Straight from Mookie's mouth.

I'm liking this news, and I hope it works out that we get to see him play in purple again.

Post #: 84
RE: Randy Moss - 11/2/2008 8:30:15 PM   
Toby Stumbo

I like that news, even if it turns out to just be a rumor.

GO VIKES!
Post #: 85
RE: Randy Moss - 11/6/2008 3:42:42 PM   
Tim Cady

That's awesome Lynn! He will always be my all time favorite, just because of the hope and thrills he gave Dylan and me when Dylan was 8 years old. The first 3 years of Randy's career, were our best father/son root for the team times.

Go the extra mile, it's never crowded!
Post #: 86
RE: Randy Moss - 1/15/2009 9:23:27 AM   
Tim Cady

Right now Cris Carter thinks that Andre Johnson is the best and Larry Fitzgerald is close behind in regards to answering is Larry Fitzgerald the best receiver in the game. Cris quickly said Larry is the best receiver left in the playoffs.

I would agree with this, but I still say that Moss and Steve Smith belong in the conversation.

Post #: 87
RE: Randy Moss - 1/15/2009 11:29:06 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tim Cady

Right now Cris Carter thinks that Andre Johnson is the best and Larry Fitzgerald is close behind in regards to answering is Larry Fitzgerald the best receiver in the game. Cris quickly said Larry is the best receiver left in the playoffs.

I would agree with this, but I still say that Moss and Steve Smith belong in the conversation.

Honestly, If I had to choose between the 4 of them.

It would be in this order
1.  Andre Johnson
2.  Fitz
3.  Moss
4.  Smith...but if it came down to Moss and Smith this would be one tough decision.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 88
RE: Randy Moss - 1/15/2009 12:43:42 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Calvin Johnson will soon be in that group (assuming they get a decent QB).
Post #: 89
RE: Randy Moss - 1/15/2009 2:32:11 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Calvin Johnson will soon be in that group (assuming they get a decent QB).

Johnson will likely not make it past his rookie contract there.  He will move to another team and then top the list IMHO.  He's that good if he can stay healthy.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 90
RE: Randy Moss - 1/15/2009 4:04:18 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Good point on the contract.
Post #: 91
RE: Randy Moss - 1/17/2009 12:49:40 AM   
Tim Cady

Jeff I think your wife is hot!

Like myself.............You so out kicked your coverage!

Post #: 92
RE: Randy Moss - 7/16/2009 6:33:27 AM   
Duane Sampson

Randy Moss Leads NFL WRs in TDs Per Catch
    Wed Jul 15, 2009

The Boston Globe reports during his 11-year career, New England Patriots WR Randy Moss has averaged one touchdown for every 6.24 receptions, a total that is the best in NFL history among any receiver with at least 500 receptions.
Post #: 93
RE: Randy Moss - 7/16/2009 9:21:04 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Duane Sampson
    Randy Moss Leads NFL WRs in TDs Per Catch
    Wed Jul 15, 2009

The Boston Globe reports during his 11-year career, New England Patriots WR Randy Moss has averaged one touchdown for every 6.24 receptions, a total that is the best in NFL history among any receiver with at least 500 receptions.

Sounds like a one trick pony.

< Message edited by Steve Lentz -- 7/16/2009 9:22:09 PM >

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 94
RE: Randy Moss - 7/26/2009 2:53:12 PM   
Duane Sampson

Coming Out Party

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xMe5fByC2U
Post #: 95
RE: Randy Moss - 7/26/2009 3:29:04 PM   
So.Mn.Fan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Duane Sampson

Coming Out Party

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xMe5fByC2U

Awesome, awesome, awesome.
Those 2 minutes take away every pain I've felt as a Viking fan in my 48 years.
Those 2 minutes are why we watch, why we follow, why we get excited, why we care.
Johnny Randle was one hell of a Viking. He seemed to bleed Viking blood.
He plundered and pillaged, he kicked ass and he took names.
I love it when he tells his stories.
That was a special night. It wasn't just one game. It wasn't just one night.
It was a game every Viking fan desperately needed to go on. And it's kept many of us hanging on.
At this point, I no longer moan over WHY that team didn't fullfill its promise that year.
We knew we were the best.
They knew they were the best.
And most importantly, every team in the NFL, and every person associated with the NFL, knew we were the best.  
THAT was Viking football.
Post #: 96
RE: Randy Moss - 7/28/2009 3:49:42 PM   
Karl H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd Mallett

Catching passes has made Randy Moss famous. Now he hopes to build his own team intent on making passes.

Tuesday the New England Patriots wide receiver announced the formation of Moss Motorsports, which is expected to compete in the Craftsman Truck Series, possibly as early as this season. Moss expect the team to be running full-time for the 2009 season.
"We don't have all of the details in place just yet, but I am very excited about Moss Motorsports becoming a part of NASCAR," Moss said.
"I am by nature a very competitive person and this is an outlet for me to compete at another level. There are some pretty awesome challenges in building a program like this from the ground up, but I am looking forward to it. That's just another aspect of the competition - you want to find the best people available and you're competing with all the other teams out there. We're starting to look at who the best people are and working on getting them to be a part of our team." Moss, a 10-year NFL veteran, expects to announce sponsors and a manufacturer alignment in coming weeks.
"There are a lot of NASCAR fans in the locker room," Moss said. "We've seen a lot of football players get involved - guys like Dan Marino and Troy Aikman to name a couple. I think it's a good fit and gives some of the companies I am already working with an additional outlet. It's a smart move on the marketing side of things but on the personal side of things I think it's going to be a lot of fun."
"We know it takes time to build a team from the ground up, and we have some good people working with us to get that process started. "We are talking to the manufacturers, and we're already evaluating some drivers. Eventually I'd like to be able to have our team work with some of the young guys that are working hard to make it up the ladder, but right now it might make more sense to find a driver with a lot of experience to get us started. But we really don't have anyone in mind. We'll look at who is available and find someone that can help us compete and win as quickly as we can."

Just a follow up to this story some 15 months later.  Randy did indeed buy 50% of a race team and renamed it Randy Moss Motorsports.  2009 is the teams first full year in the Nascar Truck series, and he has done much of what the article says.  His team signed veteren driver Mike Skinner, one of the bigger names in the series.  Currently (at about the half way point), Skinner is 3rd in the point standings, with one win under his belt.  A second truck is driven by a young & little known kid named Tayler Malsam.  Malsam is currently 7th in the points, and is leading all rookies by a healthy margin.   

A pretty solid job for such a new team.  Hopefully in a couple of years Moss' team will jump up to the Nationwide series, which is the final step before racing with the big boys in Nextel. 
Post #: 97
RE: Randy Moss - 6/1/2010 2:52:54 PM   
Trekgeekscott

Randy fired his agent.

This is what he wants from his new agent.

Randy Moss, emphatically denying he's near quitting, has a very simple directive for his next agent. What does Moss want? ... "I just want somebody who can be out there hungry and starving to make this money off the field. Get me what I deserve as far as my marketability." Anything else? "What it boils down to, I just need somebody that will go out there and get that off-the-field money, man," Moss said. "And I'm still playing at a high level, still being that No. 1 receiver in the league, still playing at a top level, I think that my marketability is still there for me. I don't want to pass that up."
Boston Herald

I hate to tell Randy, but unless your name is Peyton Manning...there aren't a lot of marketing endorsements out there for football players. 

Post #: 98
RE: Randy Moss - 6/8/2010 6:06:09 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karl H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd Mallett

Just a follow up to this story some 15 months later.  Randy did indeed buy 50% of a race team and renamed it Randy Moss Motorsports.  2009 is the teams first full year in the Nascar Truck series, and he has done much of what the article says.  His team signed veteren driver Mike Skinner, one of the bigger names in the series.  Currently (at about the half way point), Skinner is 3rd in the point standings, with one win under his belt.  A second truck is driven by a young & little known kid named Tayler Malsam.  Malsam is currently 7th in the points, and is leading all rookies by a healthy margin.   

A pretty solid job for such a new team.  Hopefully in a couple of years Moss' team will jump up to the Nationwide series, which is the final step before racing with the big boys in Nextel. 

Those are Randy Moss quotes?
Post #: 99
RE: Randy Moss - 9/20/2010 8:30:27 AM   
Duane Sampson

Former Vikings receiver Randy Moss had a touchdown catch in the Patriots’ 28-14 loss at the New York Jets. Moss now has 150 career touchdowns and joins Pro Football Hall of Famers Jerry Rice (208) and Emmitt Smith (175) and Jets running back LaDainian Tomlinson (153) as the only players in NFL history with at least 150 touchdowns.

Moss has 48 touchdown receptions in his first 50 games with the Patriots. Moss’ total ranks as the most receiving touchdowns by a player in his first 50 games with a new team (rookies and veterans) in NFL history.
Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Former Vikings >> RE: Randy Moss Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode