Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 - 9/16/2012 10:50:52 AM   
Justin Sampson

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8386973/nfl-pulls-replacement-ref-new-orleans-saints-game

What's the big deal if he is a Saints fan? All of the regular refs were Packers fans
Post #: 26
RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 - 9/16/2012 12:52:31 PM   
SoMnFan

Just saw this ...
Wrote the same thing on another thread, same thoughts Justin.

They have to allow it in GB ... there's be no one to do the games ....

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 27
RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 - 9/16/2012 5:05:39 PM   
Russell Wilson is no joke!  The kid can play!

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 28
RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 - 9/16/2012 5:27:08 PM   
John Childress

THere are some exciting young QBs out there

BRadford looks brand new this year and is battling RGIII

Great game

No more acceptance of mediocrity!!!! EVER!
Post #: 29
RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 - 9/16/2012 6:15:48 PM   
RGIII taking a little bit of a beating now. 

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 30
RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 - 9/16/2012 6:30:10 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Anyone know if Joshua Morgan is any good? I fully expect him to be available via waivers tomorrow.
Post #: 31
RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 - 9/16/2012 7:35:01 PM   
Pay attention people.....Vikings get to see this defense next week.

Post #: 32
RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 - 9/16/2012 7:40:12 PM   
JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ed_Marotske

Their offense is pretty impressive too.
Post #: 33
RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 - 9/17/2012 6:58:31 AM   
John Childress

RGIII played a very good game. It was not his fault that the stupid WR threw the ball at the DB - that cost them a chance to win the game.

Griffin already plays like a poised veteran. When he gets some serious weapons he will be unstoppable. He is about 25 pounds stronger than Vick. He threw what should have been the game winning TD bomb and the WR let it doink off his shoulder pad! Then he brought the team back for the game winning FG attempt only to have a PF move them back to 62 yards.

Yeah, I would have easily done a DITKA in the draft last year for him.

Post #: 34
RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 - 9/17/2012 6:59:12 AM   
John Childress

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ed_Marotske

Their offense is pretty impressive too.

SF is one of the best all around teams I have seen in years.

They are not flashy but fundamentally sound. Man they tackle well!

They are tough

Post #: 35
RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 - 9/17/2012 8:06:02 AM   
SoMnFan

and they have oustanding coaches
The full package it appears

Thankfully they are coming off two big wins and won't be that excited to play us.
(or they may put up 50 on us)

They have rebuilt a proud franchise
The one thing people misunderstood (imo) about their great Montana teams was .... their D would also knock you out.
Too many people thought that dynasty was about offense. They were great all-around ...

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 36
RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 - 9/17/2012 9:17:41 AM   
Jeff Jesser

It's gonna be a weird game no matter the outcome. 2 ways it could go:

1. They blow our doors off and hopefully it'll be a wake up call to Zygmund

2. We stay close and this pseudo rebuild continues

I won't even post a 3rd where we win because I can't see a scenario that crazy.
Post #: 37
RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 - 9/17/2012 9:21:18 AM   
Andy Lowe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

It's gonna be a weird game no matter the outcome. 2 ways it could go:

1. They blow our doors off and hopefully it'll be a wake up call to Zygmund

2. We stay close and this pseudo rebuild continues

I won't even post a 3rd where we win because I can't see a scenario that crazy.

The only scenario I can see us winning is if our Dline gets pressure on Smith and bangs him around a little bit.
Considering our struggles for large chucks of time to move the ball against Jax and Indy, I don't see us doing anything offensively against a great defense.
I have a bad feeling about Moss in this game. I think he's going to be motivated to light it up (and I ain't talking Mary Jane)!
Post #: 38
RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 - 9/17/2012 9:34:59 AM   
Jeff Jesser

I was trying to be positive!
Post #: 39
RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 - 9/17/2012 9:37:54 AM   
Jeff Jesser

I'm thinking the only way we win this one is if Harvin can house every kick off after they score. Musgrat Sally and his offense will not be able to move the ball against that D. It's going to be U-G-L-Y
Post #: 40
RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 - 9/17/2012 9:43:54 AM   
SoMnFan

Awww, no Muskrat Love?   

Good one Jeff

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 41
RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 - 9/17/2012 10:29:44 AM   
J Jeffreys

Gotta weigh in on the Bucs firing into the NYG line with 5 seconds left down by a score. Coughlin can suck it. As the Miracle at the Meadowlands architect Herm Edwards says, "You play to win the game... HELLO!" In fact, I'll go one further. If I'm the TB coach, I'm pissed that my players made their intentions so obvious. They got into their stance aggressively enough to tip off the the NYG offense. I would have wanted my D to play possum. Look lackadaisical and then fire into Manning. Unwritten rule my ass. There was no penalty called. None should have been called. Coughlin GOT his two rings by playing tougher, more physical football especially in December and January than his opponents.

Hey Coughlin! What little repsect I had for you dissolved. Put your big boy Depends on and play each game until the whistle, each game until the gun.

Call me J
Post #: 42
RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 - 9/17/2012 12:45:17 PM   
John Childress

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

and they have oustanding coaches
The full package it appears

Thankfully they are coming off two big wins and won't be that excited to play us.
(or they may put up 50 on us)

They have rebuilt a proud franchise
The one thing people misunderstood (imo) about their great Montana teams was .... their D would also knock you out.
Too many people thought that dynasty was about offense. They were great all-around ...

BRILLIANT point frequently lost

SF's best team was probably the 84 team that went 15-1

They had the #1 defense in the NFL that year

Fred Dean, Ronnie Lott, Hicks, Wright, Turner, etc.

Studs on defense

Post #: 43
RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 - 9/17/2012 1:24:39 PM   
marty

Those 2ndary players were some of the best I've ever seen at timing a hit on a WR, or timing pass defense on a ball. They were almost always there as the ball got there, or a fraction after it did, almost never early. And Lott sure hit hard.

They didn't gamble as much as they could have (but still had plenty of picks), would sometimes settle for a jarring hit a split second after the WR caught the ball.
Post #: 44
RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 - 9/17/2012 3:47:26 PM   
John Childress

Summary. Vick continues to be a man who has no regard for his body and he did whatever it took to win; hanging in until the last second to make throws, or diving head-first for first downs, for example. As much as we say the Eagles have to change him, it's obvious Andy Reid and Marty Mornhinweg aren't going to be able to. But his game-winning drive, 80 yards in 10 plays, was a thing of brilliance. He didn't make a bad throw and had to convert only two third downs.

He made nearly every throw in this game. He can look superb, but then he seems to lose concentration and throws something back across his body or into the middle of the field; two or three times he took chances that a veteran quarterback shouldn't take. Nearly all his interceptions last week and the ones this week (together with those that were dropped) came from linebackers not being where he expected. His weakness in these two games has been short underneath. You wonder how much longer he'll be able to take the physical pounding he takes.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/09/16/week-2/index.html#ixzz26lISj5ff

Each week, thanks to play-by-play game dissection by ProFootballFocus.com, I'll look at one important matchup or individual performance metric from one of the Sunday games. One week removed from an inglorious debut at Cleveland, Michael Vick matched up against the chameleon fronts and odd rushes of the Baltimore Ravens, so I asked PFF czar Neil Hornsby to dissect how Vick fared in his 75 snaps against the Ravens, and how much punishment the embattled Vick took in the 24-23 Philadelphia victory.
Running. Ten rushes for 34 yards, broken down into two kneel-downs, three quarterbacks draws (including the winning one-yard run with two minutes left), four scrambles, and one muffed handoff to Bryce Brown. Other than the kneel-downs, he was hit on every run as he either dove head-first for extra yardage (twice) or ran out of bounds -- when, on one play, he sent the CBS sound man with the parabolic mike to the ground in a collision.

Passing. The numbers: 23 of 32, 371 yards, one touchdown, two interceptions, two sacks, 12 quarterback hits, five additional hurries. On the 12 plays in which he was hit, Vick's average time holding the ball before being contacted was 3.3 seconds; to put this in context, Matt Hasselbeck's average time to throw last year was a league-low 2.4 seconds, meaning he takes an extra second when he's under duress to try to find a receiver. Vick's longest pass of the day -- a 49-yarder (47 in the air) to DeSean Jackson late in the third quarter -- was his best throw of the day. But his decision-making, and his judgment when there was traffic in the short middle of the field, was suspect. Three times, including his one interception, he didn't seem to see linebackers or defensive backs lurking in plain sight. His stats when clean, as expected, were far different than when he was pressured.

• When hit or hurried: 9 of 15, 181 yards, no touchdowns, one interception.
• When not pressured: 14 of 17 for 190 yards, one touchdown, one interception.

Post #: 45
RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 - 9/18/2012 7:27:36 AM   
SoMnFan

I remember being lectured that all of Jay Cutlers teammates were "fine" with his childish behavior during games ..... guess not.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/bears-defender-d-j-moore-goes-off-jay-201518658--nfl.html

Leaders who have earned respect can get away with chastising grown men in front of millions of people.
Pouty chickenshits with no rings don't get a free pass.
What he needed was a spanking that night in front of everyone, he's fortunate his teammates are a hell of a lot more mature than he is.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 46
RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 - 9/18/2012 7:48:04 AM   
John Childress

I heard Lincoln Kennedy on the radio last week. He said if Cutler pulled that stunt on him the next play he would tell the DE which way he was going and let him through untouched!

These are grown men - treat them like such.

Hey, I was a big Cutler fan and wanted us to draft him

I had no idea he was so immature.

Luck and Griffin are ALREADY more mature leaders

Post #: 47
RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 - 9/18/2012 7:54:41 AM   
JT2

Big arm, small brain.
Post #: 48
RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 - 9/18/2012 1:27:47 PM   
John Childress

Why do they call you Little John

Hey, I am proportionate!

Post #: 49
RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 - 9/19/2012 8:57:43 AM   
John Childress

Vince Young

Cut and broke

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/170277346.html

Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode