Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: MLB General Information PT 4

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: MLB General Information PT 4 Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 7/23/2013 6:28:01 AM   
Todd G

Ryan Braun

• 5 years/$105M (2016-20), plus 2021 option
    • signed extension with Milwaukee 4/21/11
    • $10M signing bonus (paid in 4 equal installments each April 1 from 2012 to 2015)
    • 16:$19M, 17:$19M, 18:$19M, 19:$18M, 20:$16M, 21:$15M mutual option ($4M buyout)
    • price of option may increase to $20M based on MVP, Silver Slugger, Gold Glove awards (if earned, award escalators are deferred without interest)
    • $18M in salary ($4M each in 2016-18 and $3M each in 2019-20) deferred without interest, to be paid in equal installments each July 1 from 2022 to 2031
    • no-trade protection
  • Post #: 226
    RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 7/23/2013 6:57:36 AM   
    Mr. Ed

The Yankees and Cubs are nearing a deal that would send Alfonso Soriano to the New York, according to George A. King III of the New York Post. Soriano is owed roughly $24.9MM over the remainder of his contract (roughly $6.9MM in 2013 and $18MM in 2014), and King reports that the Cubs would pick up the majority of the remaining tab in exchange for a mid-level prospect.

Escape while you can!
    Post #: 227
    RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 7/23/2013 7:20:19 AM   
    SoMnFan

Cant believe this hasn't happened before
    (Soriano back in pinstripes)
    Its been inevitable

< Message edited by SoMnFan -- 7/23/2013 11:08:40 AM >

Work like a Captain.
    Play like a Pirate.
    Post #: 228
    RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 7/23/2013 7:30:23 AM   
    SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

Perhaps ARoid mlb and the yankees are talking about a buyout and retirement that gets arod out of this mess without anything being revealed.

Had to chuckle when people were laughing at the Yankees for having to pay him...
    Oh, they'll pay him something
    But don't kid yourself ... it won't be as much as it could be.
    They have actual sharp people protecting their interests. They'll turn out fine on that deal.
    And won't whine about what it does end up costing them.
    Always working toward the next step, unlike some teams, who whine about money and are too scared to pull any triggers at all.

Work like a Captain.
    Play like a Pirate.
    Post #: 229
    RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 7/23/2013 8:17:41 AM   
    Mr. Ed

Denard Span is the most consistent offensive performer on the Nats. Highest OPS is .735 and lowest .616. His season OPS is .676

Relate that to: Parmelee, who struggled mightily, has an OPS of .675

I miss that guy

Escape while you can!
    Post #: 230
    RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 7/23/2013 8:29:17 AM   
    SoMnFan

Whoa, that's amazing.
    When Spans your best ... wow.
    That said, they have 4 or 5 guys I'd KILL for.

Work like a Captain.
    Play like a Pirate.
    Post #: 231
    RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 7/23/2013 8:41:16 AM   
    Mr. Ed

That darn 'Sconnie media. Looking for stories. HOW DARE THEY!

When training camp dawns Friday in Green Bay, quarterback Aaron Rodgers may be talking about baseball. [Rodgers and Ryan Braun] supported each other through the Packers' Super Bowl run in 2011 and the Brewers playoff run later that year. They've shot commercials together. They've done interviews together. They've shot a magazine cover together. Furthermore Rodgers staunchly defended his friend Braun on Twitter in February of 2012: @toddsutton: @AaronRodgers12 you really believe he didn't you PED's???? #delusional ... @AaronRodgers12: @toddsutton ya I'd put my salary next year on it. #ponyup #exonerated ... Rodgers also tweeted this: @AaronRodgers12: MLB and cable sports tried to sully the reputation of an innocent man. Picked the wrong guy to mess with. Truth will set u free #exonerated"

Journal Sentinel

That is NOT MN nice

Escape while you can!
    Post #: 232
    RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 7/23/2013 8:45:09 AM   
    Mr. Ed

When it comes to Ryan Braun, why now? "@TJQuinnESPN: I don't know. ... Never gotten mail/messages from fans like I have from people in Milwaukee about Braun. They're going to be crushed. People believed in him. ... A-Rod will be a different story. MLB's case against him includes possibility he interfered with investigation. They'll go after him harder. ... UPDATE: Sources say after initial meeting w MLB, two sides had another meeting in which Braun sought deal. Wanted suspension over this year. ... Source also tells OTL evidence provided about A-Rod is "far beyond" what Bosch gave them re Braun. ... Worth noting evidence against Braun showed ongoing pattern of significant PED use, several sources tell OTL. This was not a one-off."

Twitter

Escape while you can!
    Post #: 233
    RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 7/23/2013 8:45:38 AM   
    Mr. Ed

Look for Peralta to fight suspension. Would be a huge blow for Detroit.

Escape while you can!
    Post #: 234
    RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 7/23/2013 9:18:30 AM   
    Todd G

This crap is going to continue until they begin banning players for life.  Not necessarily advocating it, but it's probably true.
    Post #: 235
    RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 7/23/2013 9:22:21 AM   
    SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd G

This crap is going to continue until they begin banning players for life.  Not necessarily advocating it, but it's probably true.

Yup
    Current measures obviously don't deter ... these are repeat offenders.
    ban someones ass permanently.
    Get their attention.
    test
    test
    test
    And REVEAL results immediately.
    This 2-3 years later BS is BS

Work like a Captain.
    Play like a Pirate.
    Post #: 236
    RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 7/23/2013 10:37:22 AM   
    SoMnFan

Tampa Bay's starting pitchers have mostly mowed through opposing lineups during a stretch that has them on the verge of taking the division lead.

Roberto Hernandez has been the lone exception, but he'll get the ball looking to lead the Rays to a seventh straight win when they visit the Boston Red Sox on Tuesday night.

The Rays (59-41), who were seven games back of the Red Sox (60-41) on June 29, could take over Boston's spot atop the AL East with another victory after Matt Moore's two-hitter in Monday's 3-0 series-opening win.

"I really believed we were going to get back into it," manger Joe Maddon said. "I didn't know when."

Tampa Bay has won 18 of 20 behind a starting staff that has posted a 2.11 ERA and delivered 17 quality starts. On Monday night, the Rays picked up their fifth shutout in 20 games -- tying them for the AL lead with 12.

"They came in playing good baseball," Boston right fielder Shane Victorino said. "We talked about it before the game, it's going to be a tough series for us."

Boston, which had won 14 of its previous 17 at Fenway Park, is now in danger of losing a home series for the first time since the Blue Jays took two of three there May 10-12.

The Red Sox are 5-2 at home against Tampa Bay this season despite scoring only 20 runs and hitting .201.

The Rays hope to keep Boston off balance again Tuesday, but they'll be handing the ball to the one pitcher in their rotation who's been less than excellent during their hot stretch.

Moore, Chris Archer, David Price and Jeremy Hellickson all have posted ERAs below 2.65 during this 20-game run, while Roberto Hernandez (5-10, 4.90 ERA) has been decent if unspectacular. He's 1-1 with a 4.50 ERA in three July starts, all against Houston or Minnesota, going six innings and allowing three runs in each.

Work like a Captain.
    Play like a Pirate.
    Post #: 237
    RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 7/23/2013 10:44:44 AM   
    SoMnFan

Wow
    Tough decisions ... imagine that.
    Its almost like they want to be relevant ...

WASHINGTON -- The Washington Nationals fired hitting coach Rick Eckstein on Monday, a move manager Davey Johnson called "a shocker" in spite of the team's offensive woes this season.
    Washington entered Monday night's game against the Pittsburgh Pirates stuck in a three-game losing streak and with a disappointing 48-50 record. The team is tied for 28th overall in runs and ranks 27th in batting average.
    But Johnson was obviously upset with the decision by general manager Mike Rizzo.
    "I've experienced a lot of things in my career -- I've been traded, I've been released, I've been sold, I've been fired. But today is arguably the toughest day I've had in baseball," said Johnson, his voice cracking with emotion. "I respect Rick Eckstein. I think he's a great coach, one of the best hitting instructors in baseball. And he's just a great gentleman. So it hurts."
    Eckstein was hired as the Nationals' batting coach before the 2009 season. He was the longest-tenured hitting coach in the NL East.
    And now he's out of a job.
    "Davey and I have a great respect for each other. This was a general manager's decision," Rizzo said. "I respect Davey to the point where I run everything that we do by him. There are certain things that we may not agree on and this was one of them. I thought we needed a change, and so I made the change."
    Eckstein was replaced by Rick Schu, who for the past four years has been the team's minor league hitting coordinator. Schu was not expected to arrive in Washington until Tuesday.
    Johnson told Eckstein of the switch on Monday afternoon.
    "I felt like I had to be the one to tell him. I owed him that much," Johnson said.
    Hours later, Johnson still hadn't fully absorbed the move.
    "I tell you, it was a shocker," said Johnson, who tried his best to convince Rizzo to change his mind.
    "In my discussions about firing Rick, I said there's other options," Johnson said. "You can do it with me if you want to change the scenery or change the philosophy."
    Rizzo wouldn't dream of it.
    "We're not going to fire Davey Johnson, one of the best managers to have ever managed," Rizzo said. "Davey's a pro, has been through a lot of this stuff before, and you know, we're not worried about our manager. He's one of the best in baseball and I trust him."
    Schu has 16 years of coaching experience. While with Washington, he has worked with several current Nationals, including Bryce Harper. Before coming to the Nationals, Schu spent parts of four seasons as Arizona's hitting coach.
    During that time, he worked with current Washington infielder Chad Tracy.
    "I had Rick years ago in Arizona, and I've always felt very highly of him," Tracy said. "Great personality, brings a lot of life and energy to the clubhouse. He's going to bring the same kind of hard-working attitude he had in Arizona. Hopefully, a new face around here will spark something new in us. I think that's what management is looking for."

Work like a Captain.
    Play like a Pirate.
    Post #: 238
    RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 7/23/2013 10:47:34 AM   
    SoMnFan

Bowdens 5 unexpected trade possibilities.

Andy Hayt/San Diego Padres/Getty ImagesThe Padres say they won't move Chase Headley before the deadline, but that could change.While the Matt Garza trade that went down on Monday night created a buzz throughout the industry, it was far from a surprise. In fact, everyone knew Garza was going to be dealt, it was just a matter of where.

But every so often we get surprised at the trade deadline, with a big name getting traded that no one expects, like when the St. Louis Cardinals sent Colby Rasmus to the Toronto Blue Jays just before the 2011 deadline.

There is a possibility -- albeit slim -- that one of these five players that no one is expecting will get traded in a blockbuster over the next week.

Chase Headley 3B, | San Diego Padres

The Padres have told me that they’re not trading Headley or signing him to an extension before July 31. Perhaps they think there will be more of a market at the winter meetings, or that the price will come down considerably after his subpar season.

I think the best trade value is almost always at the deadline because that is when teams get desperate, and with so many teams needing a third baseman, the Padres could be better off striking now.

Just think, the Angels and Dodgers are getting nothing at the hot corner; the Yankees would love a replacement for Alex Rodriguez; the Pirates could put Headley at third, move Pedro Alvarez to first and Garrett Jones to right field; the Reds could use the switch-hitting bat at third and move Todd Frazier to left.

Furthermore, it's not as if Headley is going to settle for a below-market deal with the Padres this winter. If the club isn't convinced Headley will re-sign, now could be the time to deal.

Hunter Pence, RF | San Francisco Giants

The Giants have publicly stated they are not trading Pence, and it’s not that I don’t believe them, it’s just that it makes too much sense to deal him.
    Let's look at the facts: The Giants are well below .500 and not playing like a playoff team. Pence is a free agent at the end of the season and the Giants haven’t even made him an offer since the season started. Pence wants to stay in San Francisco, but both sides at this point have resigned themselves to negotiate after the season.

As thin as the Giants' farm system is right now, it only makes sense to trade Pence for a prospect bat, arm or both. They can always re-sign him over the winter, giving them the best of both worlds. The trade market for corner outfielders is surprisingly thin beyond Alex Rios and Raul Ibanez, and with teams like the Rangers and Pirates in desperate need of help, there has to be a significant deal available for the Giants.

Jose Bautista, RF | Toronto Blue Jays

The Blue Jays haven't lived up to preseason expectations and are the only AL East team that isn't in playoff contention. If the Jays want to aggressively reload for 2014 and beyond, they could start with Bautista.

The 32-year-old is still one of the best power hitters in the league and is signed for $14 million per season through 2015 with a team option at the team price for 2016 -- a very reasonably amount for a player of his caliber. With his ability and cost certainty, he could fetch Toronto an impressive return.

The perfect fits in my opinion are the Rangers and Pirates, two teams with very strong farm systems that need a middle-of-the-order bat who can play an outfield corner. Bautista fits both molds, and could even DH for the Rangers down the road. (And as I noted elsewhere, Texas could be in the market for a Nelson Cruz replacement.)

Hisashi Iwakuma, RHP | Seattle Mariners

Iwakuma, 32, is a top-of-the-rotation starter who has a 2.99 ERA and 0.95 WHIP, and I think there are a lot of execs who would prefer him to Garza.

The Mariners love the idea of Iwakuma, Felix Hernandez and top prospect Taijuan Walker fronting their staff next season, and I don't blame them, but considering his age, and the fact that he is signed for $6.5 million next year with a $7 million team option for 2015, he has a ton of trade value. The Mariners could desperately use a power bat, and they'd have to think long and hard about moving Iwakuma if someone dangled a promising young position prospect.

I doubt this will happen, but teams like the Orioles, Indians, Rangers and Rockies sure could use a pitcher like Iwakuma, and have prospects to deal.

Ervin Santana, RHP | Kansas City Royals

The Royals insist they are still in the pennant race despite being buried in third place, five games under .500. However, GM Dayton Moore knows deep down that they have a more realistic shot at contending next year.

Santana, who will be a free agent this winter, has a 3.18 ERA in 19 starts, and it's doubtful Kansas City will commit to a long-term deal for him. If the Royals think they can exceed the value of the compensatory draft pick they could receive if he leaves as a free agent, they have to move him. (And remember, they only get that draft pick if they make him a qualifying offer, something they might not be willing to do.)

With Garza off the market Santana could be the next best starting pitcher available, which only increases his value.

Work like a Captain.
    Play like a Pirate.
    Post #: 239
    RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 7/23/2013 11:03:25 AM   
    SoMnFan

Olney really lets Braun have it ....

Marc Serota/Getty ImagesRyan Braun will sit out the rest of the season, but the hard feelings won't end there.There was a moment recently when the shift in the attitude of Major League Baseball players toward PED cheaters blossomed fully, when the last stages of evolution came into view.

Because the players have changed on this issue from the time the first gossip of steroid use in baseball began, in the 1980s, moving from ignorance to ambivalence to acceptance to frustration to resentment to the current DEFCON 1 anger.

A pitcher drilled a hitter in a game this season, and when the inning was over and he returned to the dugout, the pitcher explained to his teammates that he had plunked the guy because he’s a juicer -- a cheater, a PED user. And the teammates who heard him understood.

The names of the players involved are irrelevant in the larger scheme of things. What is significant is what an incident like this now signifies: PED cheaters have become pariahs, and increasingly regarded as thieves among the brethren, because they are stealing jobs and money that rightfully belong to others. A PED cheater is now viewed by the MLBPA something like the college kid who pilfers stuff from the rooms of others in his dormitory.

For Bud Selig and Major League Baseball, the bust of Ryan Braun is an extraordinary moment when they can rightfully claim the high ground. Over the last decade, they have increasingly worked to do the right thing in their fight against performance-enhancing drugs.

But all along -- back to the first evidence of steroid use -- it is the players’ union that has wielded the ultimate power on this issue, because no drug testing nor changes to the agreement could have happened without its assent. For years, the silent majority was more likely to complain individually and privately to sports writers about the rise of steroids than to stand up and say something in a union meeting, but now they are loud and angry, and they’ll drill a guy with a fastball if that’s what it takes.

This is why Braun will never regain his reputation with other players. He lied to them, and he cheated them -- and incredibly, he kept lying and kept cheating even after getting caught, with the positive test in the fall of 2011.

He would probably still be lying and cheating if he wasn’t caught a second time, through the persistence of drug-fighting machinery developed by the players and MLB. Braun’s statement was nothing short of appalling, fully qualified, structured in such a way that he never really took any responsibility. It was a statement designed to protect his money, rather than to convey remorse:

"As I have acknowledged in the past, I am not perfect. I realize now that I have made some mistakes. I am willing to accept the consequences of those actions. This situation has taken a toll on me and my entire family, and it ... has been a distraction to my teammates and the Brewers organization.

"I am very grateful for the support I have received from players, ownership and the fans in Milwaukee and around the country. Finally, I wish to apologize to anyone I may have disappointed -- all of the baseball fans especially those in Milwaukee, the great Brewers organization, and my teammates. I am glad to have this matter behind me once and for all, and I cannot wait to get back to the game I love."

Consider the sheer brazenness of these sentences, one by one:
    As I have acknowledged in the past, I am not perfect.

No, that’s not really what he meant. He said flatly he was innocent, to indicate that he was perfectly innocent. He referred to his own integrity. He played the victim in the past.

I realize now that I have made some mistakes.

Just now? You mean almost two years after the positive tests, after sliming collector Dino Laurenzi Jr. in that victory-dance news conference after the successful appeal in February 2012? After saying time and again that he was ready to cooperate in any investigation?

I am willing to accept the consequences of those actions.

How magnanimous. Glad he could work it into his schedule.

This situation has taken a toll on me and my entire family, and it ... has been a distraction to my teammates and the Brewers organization.

Who’s responsible for that? Is this sentence meant to make anybody feel sorry for him, when he created all of the mess?

I am very grateful for the support I have received from players, ownership and the fans in Milwaukee and around the country.

Sure, support that was built on Braun’s lies.

Finally, I wish to apologize to anyone I may have disappointed -- all of the baseball fans especially those in Milwaukee, the great Brewers organization, and my teammates.

Wait, what? ”May have disappointed”? Really? Like there’s some question about that. And there’s no specific mention of the collector or anybody else -- sponsors, etc. -- a trapdoor presumably built by his lawyers.

I am glad to have this matter behind me once and for all, and I cannot wait to get back to the game I love.

If Braun actually thinks he can put this behind him fully, well, he can forget it; it’s a permanent part of his résumé. He is the first former MVP ever suspended by Major League Baseball for PED use.

And without a serious apology and sincere contrition, he’s got zero shot of restoring any semblance of a respectable reputation with other players. The lawyer-washed, sanitized statements will not play, because he’s making it clear that the most important thing to him is protecting his money.

Many of the other players have been rooting for him to go down, and to go down hard. He may be allowed into the union meetings, he may get union benefits, he may even carry a union card. But most of them will never again regard him as one of them.

Notables

• Braun left the ballpark without speaking to the media, as Tom Haudricourt writes, an approach very different from the day when he won his appeal. At that time, he could have accepted the arbitrator’s decision with minimal comment and moved, but instead, Braun chose to come out with the full indignation of a man who had been wrongly accused.

Jonathan Lucroy is among those who feels deceived, writes Adam McCalvy. Here’s the AP story with reaction from players. From the piece:

Jason Bay watched it on television, just like everyone else.

"I think for me what makes me mad," the Seattle outfielder said, "basically it just kills all the credibility of anybody."

Reaction poured in after Major League Baseball banned Braun without pay for the rest of the season and the postseason, the beginning of sanctions involving players reportedly tied to a Florida clinic accused of distributing performance-enhancing drugs.

Plenty of it was pretty harsh.

"I think everybody's frustrated, especially the players. I think we all feel a little bit cheated," Mariners pitcher Joe Saunders said.

Schumaker thinks Braun should hand over his MVP award to Dodgers outfielder Matt Kemp, who finished second in the 2011 balloting.

"In my opinion, he should be suspended -- lifetime ban. One strike, you're out. It's enough. It's ridiculous," Schumaker said. "He lied to a lot of people. I was convinced, after that MVP, that he didn't do it."

Work like a Captain.
    Play like a Pirate.
    Post #: 240
    RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 7/23/2013 11:17:39 AM   
    SoMnFan

C'mon Mikey ...you're a gardy disciple ... you don't need offense.

The Marlins haven't scored in 37 innings overall, the longest such streak in club history and the longest in the majors since the 1985 Houston Astros, STATS reports via the Associated Press. Miami's offense hasn't produced squat since Derek Dietrich knocked in two runs in the fourth inning of a 10-inning loss to the Washington Nationals on July 14 — just before the break.
    The Fish went on a similar streak in 2012.
    As reported by the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, Redmond finds himself at a loss to explain why his team is at a loss to score:

"To see every single guy in the lineup struggle ... I don't know if I've ever seen that before.

"... We put so much pressure on our pitching to be perfect."

The Marlins have been shut out 12 times this season. It just seems like 12 in a row.

On Sunday, it was pitchers Henderson Alvarez of the Marlins and Wily Peralta of the Brewers putting up zeroes until the bullpens took over. Caleb Gindl of the Brewers ended the suffering with a home run in the 13th against Ryan Webb:

Work like a Captain.
    Play like a Pirate.
    Post #: 241
    RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 7/23/2013 4:51:55 PM   
    Mr. Ed

The Mets announced today that they have placed right-hander Shaun Marcum on unconditional release waivers after it was confirmed that he is unlikely to pitch again this season (Twitter links).

Marcum, 31, pitched to a 5.29 ERA in 78 1/3 innings with 6.9 K/9, 2.4 K/9 and a 34.9 percent ground-ball rate for the Mets. He signed a one-year, $4MM contract with the Mets this offseason that contained an additional $4MM worth of incentives. Though his ERA was unsightly, Marcum's 3.63 FIP suggests that he pitched more effectively than his ERA suggested.

Injuries have long plagued Marcum, who has topped 200 innings just once in his career. When he's on the field, however, he's typically been very effective. In 995 career innings, Marcum has a 3.88 ERA with 7.3 K/9 and 2.7 BB/9 despite featuring a fastball that has averaged less than 88 mph dating back to 2007. Marcum underwent surgery on July 15 that likely ended his season.

Escape while you can!
    Post #: 242
    RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 7/23/2013 4:52:14 PM   
    Mr. Ed

The Pirates have designated veteran infielder Brandon Inge for assignment, tweets Michael Sanserino of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. In related moves, the team placed closer Jason Grilli on the 15-day DL, activated Neil Walker from the DL and is planning to recall right-hander Vic Black.

The 36-year-old Inge hit just .181/.204/.238 in 110 plate appearances for the Bucs this season. Over the past three seasons, the former Tigers third baseman has a combined batting line of .204/.261/.321 between Detroit, Oakland and Pittsburgh.

Escape while you can!
    Post #: 243
    RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 7/23/2013 4:53:03 PM   
    Mr. Ed

The Red Sox and Dustin Pedroia have agreed in principle on an extension worth approximately $100MM over seven years, tweets Rob Bradford of WEEI.com. Bradford adds that the new contract is set to start in the 2015 season and run through 2021 and also includes full no-trade protection (Twitter link).

Escape while you can!
    Post #: 244
    RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 7/23/2013 6:48:51 PM   
    Bruce Johnson

How would you feel about ARod getting kicked out of baseball?

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/07/23/report-yankees-alex-rodriguez-is-looking-to-make-a-deal-with-mlb/

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
    Post #: 245
    RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 7/24/2013 10:54:39 AM   
    SoMnFan

JJ hardy hit his 17th homer the other night
    Just keep getting great production from him

Work like a Captain.
    Play like a Pirate.
    Post #: 246
    RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 7/24/2013 11:49:45 AM   
    Todd G

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

No range, slow feet, not central American, can't use him.
    Post #: 247
    RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 7/24/2013 12:59:17 PM   
    lylej

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

And Solid Defense!

But Gardy thought he was too slow to play SS!

Good pitching will beat good hitting any time, and vice versa.
    Post #: 248
    RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 7/24/2013 3:11:15 PM   
    Trekgeekscott

Oh, Quit complaining about Hardy.  First of all he currently plays in a bandbox.  Second, he's been gone for years.  Pining over him is pointless.  Only the delusional don't see that Gardy's an idiot.  We really don't need to be reminded of that crap over and over and over again.  It's as plain as the nose on your face.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
    Post #: 249
    RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 7/24/2013 3:16:27 PM   
    Todd G

Somebodies undies are in a bundle today.
    Post #: 250
    Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: MLB General Information PT 4 Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
    Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode