Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season Page: <<   < prev  30 31 [32] 33 34   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 5/14/2015 9:48:58 AM   
Trekgeekscott

To be clear. I think Goodell is a putz and needs to be removed from his position.

The random and uneven nature of discipline needs to be clearly spelled out in the CBA going forward so the next Commish can't **** it up like the current Commish is ****ing it all up.

As for this. I'm on record as saying the punishment is far to harsh. Goodell has gone cuckoo.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 776
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 5/14/2015 10:24:06 AM   
Lynn G.

quote:

ORIGINAL: djskillz

There remains no credible/definitive proof that the balls were even UNDERINFLATED! So the Patriots got punished harshly for something that we have no proof of even occurring.

Good golly. The employees have admitted to doing it! How can you still hold the line that we're not sure it even happened?

"I did it dude" isn't enough for you?

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 777
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 5/14/2015 10:27:46 AM   
Stacey King

The Patriots deflated the balls.

They cheated.

They are not forthcoming with everything the league needs to investigate the matter.

Why?

Because they have some things to hide.

They cheated.
Post #: 778
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 5/14/2015 11:29:40 AM   
djskillz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

quote:

There remains no credible/definitive proof that the balls were even UNDERINFLATED! So the Patriots got punished harshly for something that we have no proof of even occurring.

Good golly. The employees have admitted to doing it! How can you still hold the line that we're not sure it even happened?

No they haven't.

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
Post #: 779
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 5/14/2015 11:34:54 AM   
djskillz

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/14/nobel-prize-winner-disagrees-with-science-in-wells-report/

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
Post #: 780
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 5/14/2015 12:09:33 PM   
Trekgeekscott

This is starting to feel the TOE's posts in the conspiracy theory threads about 9-11

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 781
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 5/14/2015 12:24:47 PM   
djskillz

Honestly, it's just basic math. Go look at the readings, look at the report, look at the most plausible explanations by those involved, including the head official in charge of all this.

I honestly don't know how anyone can come to any other conclusion, plausibly, unless they're just looking for a reason to hate on the Patriots' success. The simplest explanation has always been, and remains (as I said when the initial reports came out):

The Patriots balls were set at almost exactly 12.5 psi, the low end of the spectrum. The Colts' footballs were set at a higher amount, as is Luck's preference (freakishly large hands like Rodgers). And ALL footballs lost PSI due to the weather conditions, fully consistent with SCIENCE. 3 of the 4 Colts' footballs measured at halftime? All below the 12.5 PSI as well. They just didn't fall as far below because they started at a higher PSI.

OR the official readings were off/bad to begin with. IE they didn't measure all the balls properly. Which is also very plausible given what we know about the nature of this. And if that's the case, that's not on the Patriots; that's on the NFL for improperly/negligently measuring their game balls.

Again, it's all basic math/science. But people keep trying to ignore these facts and bring in their own conspiracy theories in the opposite direction.

< Message edited by djskillz -- 5/14/2015 12:25:48 PM >

Post #: 782
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 5/14/2015 1:02:50 PM   
Todd M

We're all on different pages here.

I seem to be the only one that sees guilt but doesn't care.

I find it hard to believe some see no wrong doing.

"I checked the balls this morn...the refs ****ed us...a few of them were at almost 16"
http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/5/6/8560913/text-messages-tom-brady-deflategate-patriots-jim-mcnally-john-jastremski

Which I get...if you like the balls under 12.5 you sure as hell don't want them at 16.
Post #: 783
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 5/14/2015 2:17:20 PM   
Stacey King

Patriots sci expert in DeflateGate is co-founder of a company in which R. Kraft has invested
Post #: 784
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 5/14/2015 10:01:33 PM   
Lynn G.

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

quote:

No they haven't.

Dude CALLS HIMSELF "THE DEFLATOR."

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 785
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 5/14/2015 10:14:10 PM   
djskillz

Grasping at straws, Lynn. Just like Ted Wells. And isn't it funny how they met with each guy 4 times and NOTHING in their statements (which would provide context) is included in the report? Nothing?

And now Goodell is handling the appeal for the report/investigator that he commissioned? Ya, that seems neutral. And like he's not scared at all about his flimsy lack of evidence. I hope and bet the Pats take him/the NFL to court now. They should, and they will win. Handily.

Post #: 786
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 5/14/2015 10:51:10 PM   
El Duderino

Goodell to hear the appeal? I may have to retract my assertion of Sepp Blatter as worst sports league commissioner of all time.

The Dude Abides
Post #: 787
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 5/15/2015 10:00:07 AM   
Tim Cady

I heard deflator was in relationship to his home yo yo dieting habits!😆

Go the extra mile, it's never crowded!
Post #: 788
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 5/15/2015 10:47:54 AM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: El Duderino

Goodell to hear the appeal? I may have to retract my assertion of Sepp Blatter as worst sports league commissioner of all time.

Qatar with the WC. Nope, you were right the first time
Post #: 789
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 5/15/2015 11:11:28 AM   
El Duderino

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

quote:

Yeah, but Goodell is setting himself up for a good run at the title. But you're right. He's got a long way to go to top the slave labor, league disruption, corruption, and poor decision making involved with that. Seriously, the US is approaching critical mass with soccer. If we were to host that cup, I have no doubt it would push the country over the edge.

The Dude Abides
Post #: 790
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 5/15/2015 3:18:44 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/14/nobel-prize-winner-disagrees-with-science-in-wells-report/

This has creditibility. Often guages are not accurate as well. In fact, I just threw my tire guage away after comparing it with two other (more refined) guages at the tire shop. Mine was reading 28lbs while both the other guages were at 35lbs

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 791
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 5/15/2015 5:03:59 PM   
Stacey King

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

This has creditibility. Often guages are not accurate as well. In fact, I just threw my tire guage away after comparing it with two other (more refined) guages at the tire shop. Mine was reading 28lbs while both the other guages were at 35lbs

It is much much more about the obstruction, not the offense. Even Troy Vincent basically stated that in te punishment as well.

wells report:
During his interview, Brady denied any knowledge of or involvement in any efforts to deflate game balls after the pregame inspection by the game officials. He claimed that prior to the events surrounding the AFC Championship Game, he did not know McNally‟s name or anything about McNally‟s game day responsibilities, including whether McNally had any role relating to game balls or the game officials. We found these claims not plausible and contradicted by other evidence. In fact, during his interview, Jastremski acknowledged that Brady knew McNally and McNally‟s role as Officials Locker Room attendant.

There are many instances of it. This continued denial now is just plain laughable. For all the good points the Patriots org. attempted to gain on public sentiment with their rebuttal yesterday, much if not all of it was lost with the 'deflator' is trying to lose weight lingo claim. They had the ball in their court and an advantage because Goodell is viewed nationally as the devil and a buffoon right now but they blew their edge. That claim is what media people mostly led and ran with yesterday.

We are right now in the accuse stage of the ol' Deny, deny, accuse! schtick.
Post #: 792
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 5/15/2015 5:36:50 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah, but Goodell is setting himself up for a good run at the title. But you're right. He's got a long way to go to top the slave labor, league disruption, corruption, and poor decision making involved with that. Seriously, the US is approaching critical mass with soccer. If we were to host that cup, I have no doubt it would push the country over the edge.

Agree man and there are whispers that it's the exact reason our bids keep getting shot down.
Post #: 793
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 5/15/2015 5:43:01 PM   
Todd M

quote:

It is much much more about the obstruction, not the offense.

Hey, that doesn't make it sound more stupid and petty at all...
Post #: 794
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 5/15/2015 9:10:35 PM   
El Duderino

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Agree man and there are whispers that it's the exact reason our bids keep getting shot down.

I just can't understand why they wouldn't want to get a piece of the biggest economy in the world. Blatter is all about the cash. Why wouldn't he chase it in this case? Stadium construction kickbacks?

The Dude Abides
Post #: 795
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 5/16/2015 6:36:28 AM   
Bill Jandro

The NFLPA and Patriots quarterback Tom Brady plan to call commissioner Roger Goodell as a witness in Brady's appeal hearing, and thus have formally asked Goodell to remove himself as arbitrator.

Thats one way to get Goodell removed

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 796
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 5/16/2015 10:53:42 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

The NFLPA and Patriots quarterback Tom Brady plan to call commissioner Roger Goodell as a witness in Brady's appeal hearing, and thus have formally asked Goodell to remove himself as arbitrator.

Thats one way to get Goodell removed

that's great!
Post #: 797
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 5/16/2015 11:00:43 AM   
Todd M

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2015/05/15/latest-noise-russell-wilson-seahawks-so-far-apart-that-new-deal-wont-be-done-this-offseason/

Gotta love this guy. Plays the game of football...completely in god's hands.

Trying to land a 20 mil +/year contract:

quote:

Always control what you can control. Never let others nonsense & lack of gratefulness & respect bring you down.

A game manager surrounded by a great team and good coaching and wants to stick his team with a contract that makes it impossible to keep surrounding him with talent.

How can one be so preachy (seriously, read his tweets - 90% preachy) and also so greedy?

Teddy is religious but you can't tell by his tweets. And I bet he takes a team friendly contract.
Post #: 798
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 5/16/2015 11:57:38 AM   
Todd M

'Deflater refers to weight loss'

“Never been investigated for stickum!” Rice said. “Mistakenly used that word and dealing with consequences! But I don’t have a problem taking a Polygraph!"

Mistakenly used the word 'stickum'?

I'm trying to decide which is more laughable.

Jerry Rice cheated as much as the Patriots did. Period.
Post #: 799
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 5/16/2015 12:13:56 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2015/05/15/latest-noise-russell-wilson-seahawks-so-far-apart-that-new-deal-wont-be-done-this-offseason/

Gotta love this guy. Plays the game of football...completely in god's hands.

Trying to land a 20 mil +/year contract:

quote:

Always control what you can control. Never let others nonsense & lack of gratefulness & respect bring you down.

A game manager surrounded by a great team and good coaching and wants to stick his team with a contract that makes it impossible to keep surrounding him with talent.

How can one be so preachy (seriously, read his tweets - 90% preachy) and also so greedy?

Teddy is religious but you can't tell by his tweets. And I bet he takes a team friendly contract.

Ever heard of Creflo Dollar? As long as you have idiots paying for it, might as well use it. Not my mentality but it works.
Post #: 800
Page:   <<   < prev  30 31 [32] 33 34   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season Page: <<   < prev  30 31 [32] 33 34   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode