Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season Page: <<   < prev  28 29 [30] 31 32   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 5/11/2015 8:03:54 PM   
SoMnFan

People pump in noise for two years ... and get a quarter of the fine.
People text from sidelines to boxes during games for years ... and get half the fine.
A couple ridiculous pounds of air pressure ... and the leagues supposed "golden children" get a MILLION dollar fine, and lose three important picks ... and oh yeah ... lose their most important player for a quarter of the season.
Those wanting blood ... you got it.

Put whatever air you want in the ball ... right before you hand it to the Pats ... and they will STILL kick your ass on Thursday, some Saturdays, mostly on Sundays, and also on Mondays.
And this probably wont stop them from continuing to do so.
The amount of angst stupid shit like this causes, is hilarious.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 726
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 5/11/2015 8:27:00 PM   
Lynn G.

It's just refreshing to see the league willing to put the hammer down on a team for which they had previously coddled and helped out.

I think the infraction was a very significant one, and I think the punishment fits, although I'm betting on appeal Brady gets down to just a one or two game suspension - because that's what the league really only wanted to give him in the first place.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 727
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 5/11/2015 8:38:00 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: djskillz

It's really ridiculous. Without even having proof!

My favorite point on it is this:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/10/wells-report-disregards-andersons-best-recollection-on-a-key-piece-of-evidence/

Now the balls may and may not have been under (we still have no idea honestly), but essentially IMO the NFL tried to lead a "gotcha" investigation and it botched it. And now they put themselves in the position, by making a big deal of it, and leaking erroneous reports from the beginning (2 PSI under, etc.) that this was a sham of an "investigation" from the beginning. The NFL was always going to find fault and come down hard regardless of what they found, or find themselves with egg on their faces. And ultimately, they didn't find anything. Really stupid. And such a waste of time and money. The Pats and Brady will both appeal, and likely win IMO.

Especially now with the court condemned practice of God appointed arbitrators.
Post #: 728
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 5/11/2015 8:40:45 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

People text from sidelines to boxes during games for years ... and get half the fine.
A couple ridiculous pounds of air pressure ... and the leagues supposed "golden children" get a MILLION dollar fine, and lose three important picks ... and oh yeah ... lose their most important player for a quarter of the season.

Put whatever air you want in the ball ... right before you hand it to the Pats ... and they will STILL kick your ass on Thursday, some Saturdays, mostly on Sundays, and also on Mondays.

Crapollo will probably play lights out, and the Patriots will get 2 1st rounders for him. Then the Patriots will win the appeal, and get their original 1st rounder back. Then Crapollo wil crap out.
Post #: 729
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 5/11/2015 10:18:08 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

It's just refreshing to see the league willing to put the hammer down on a team for which they had previously coddled and helped out.

I think the infraction was a very significant one, and I think the punishment fits, although I'm betting on appeal Brady gets down to just a one or two game suspension - because that's what the league really only wanted to give him in the first place.

I suppose, if your good with Goddell amping up running roughshod over the league.
Post #: 730
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 5/11/2015 10:24:45 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Crapollo will probably play lights out, and the Patriots will get 2 1st rounders for him. Then the Patriots will win the appeal, and get their original 1st rounder back. Then Crapollo wil crap out.

You've seen this movie too, eh?

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 731
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 5/11/2015 10:30:37 PM   
JC2015

This is the penalty they should have gotten for spygate

Also, it is probably what the Saints should have gotten for bountygate

For this - I would have just fined them and move on since reports are most QBs do this anyway
Post #: 732
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 5/11/2015 11:15:26 PM   
Karl H

See a lot of dumb things in sports over many, many years......and this ranks right up there with the best of them. If anyone ever needed proof that the NFL simply doesn't get it, this is it.

Goodell "more probable than not" lied under oath regarding Ray Rice, and he sits in judgement. You just can't make this stuff up.
Post #: 733
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 5/11/2015 11:27:53 PM   
djskillz

Again, the craziest part is that there is still no evidence/proof that the balls were underinflated in the first place! None! Read the report! Ideal Gas Law? Eh, that's just science. Let's throw that out. Brady's agent is exactly right; any arbitrator that is truly independent will throw this out immediately. If it's an NFL puppet arbitrator (like the investigation in the first place) all best are off.

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
Post #: 734
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 5/12/2015 12:20:33 AM   
JT2

quote:

Again, the craziest part is that there is still no evidence/proof that the balls were underinflated in the first place! None! Read the report! Ideal Gas Law? Eh, that's just science. Let's throw that out. Brady's agent is exactly right; any arbitrator that is truly independent will throw this out immediately. If it's an NFL puppet arbitrator (like the investigation in the first place) all best are off.

Wonder what the League spent on this investigation.

Meanwhile the league (the poor owners) doesn't want to spend the money on fixated goal-line cameras to enhance and clarify the TD review system.
Post #: 735
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 5/12/2015 1:03:10 AM   
Bruce Johnson

The league cited violations of the integrity of the game. The refusal of Brady to to turn over his cell phone alone makes this fine appropriate.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 736
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 5/12/2015 1:51:38 AM   
JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

The league cited violations of the integrity of the game. The refusal of Brady to to turn over his cell phone alone makes this fine appropriate.

Again, I have to ask, did you feel the same way when the Vikings QB refused to cooperate with league investigators?
Post #: 737
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 5/12/2015 7:00:46 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

I'm sure Goodell will have his puppet Harry and the Hendersons hear the appeal.

If the Pats are smart, and we know they are, have a judge hear the appeal. You know, someone who has studied and practiced law.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 738
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 5/12/2015 7:08:23 AM   
JC2015

Goodell may be the worst commissioner in memory
Post #: 739
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 5/12/2015 8:11:59 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

I think the punishment is way excessive to be honest.

But

Just throw science out? Um...no

Brady should be given a minor fine. The team shouldn't be fined or lose draftpicks imho. But come on man. Let's not throw out science.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 740
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 5/12/2015 8:13:43 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: JC2015

This is the penalty they should have gotten for spygate

Also, it is probably what the Saints should have gotten for bountygate

For this - I would have just fined them and move on since reports are most QBs do this anyway

Here's how the league should have reacted:

The NFL announced that going forward no team will have access to game balls at all. It will all be administered by the league and if Payton Manning or Tom Brady wanna bitch about that, they can suck it.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 741
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 5/12/2015 8:25:14 AM   
JC2015

I fully agree with your two post bro
Post #: 742
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 5/12/2015 9:53:16 AM   
djskillz

quote:

Why? He's under no obligation to do so whatsoever.

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
Post #: 743
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 5/12/2015 9:55:22 AM   
djskillz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

I think the punishment is way excessive to be honest.

But

Just throw science out? Um...no

Brady should be given a minor fine. The team shouldn't be fined or lose draftpicks imho. But come on man. Let's not throw out science.

Scott, maybe you missed my sarcasm? I'm saying that's what the investigation did. The Ideal Gas Law basically points to the fact that the footballs were maybe properly inflated in the first place. Again, there is ZERO conclusive evidence that the balls were even underinflated! But as Kraft pointed out, the investigation dismissed even science.

Post #: 744
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 5/12/2015 9:58:23 AM   
djskillz

I think one of the main things covered up in this is the league wanting to protect itself from the lackadaisical "official measuring" process. It's been brought up by countless people that the officials barely ever gauge the balls (maybe 1-2) and then "check" most of them by feel. As someone in the know I heard this morning say: "no one goes and gauges all 24 footballs". And I still think that's likely what happened here to start the game. Which throws basically everything else out. The NFL just started this insane ball rolling so they have to cover that large fact up.

Post #: 745
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 5/12/2015 12:41:44 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

I think one of the main things covered up in this is the league wanting to protect itself from the lackadaisical "official measuring" process. It's been brought up by countless people that the officials barely ever gauge the balls (maybe 1-2) and then "check" most of them by feel. As someone in the know I heard this morning say: "no one goes and gauges all 24 footballs". And I still think that's likely what happened here to start the game. Which throws basically everything else out. The NFL just started this insane ball rolling so they have to cover that large fact up.

They're continuing to divert people from the great big gorilla in the room...that they don't manage the official game balls. That they allow the teams playing in the game to manage the game balls. The NFL could solve this "problem", if it really even is one, by simply taking control of game balls going forward. Team equipment managers don't get to touch the balls, ever. It wont effect our guy cause he wears gloves anyway...

Post #: 746
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 5/12/2015 12:43:41 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

Which is why he didn't....but the NFL does NOT have to follow the US Constitution in regards to running its business. So if they deem his refusal to turn it over as a sign of guilt or that he's trying to hide something, they can punish him for that.

Post #: 747
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 5/12/2015 1:19:36 PM   
JC2015

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

Which is why he didn't....but the NFL does NOT have to follow the US Constitution in regards to running its business. So if they deem his refusal to turn it over as a sign of guilt or that he's trying to hide something, they can punish him for that.

That added to the penalty

People have to stop comparing the actions in a sanctioned monopoly like the NFL to real life

These guys give away certain rights in return for making millions (players) and billions (owners)
Post #: 748
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 5/12/2015 1:21:28 PM   
Stacey King

Brady was not asked to turn over his cell phone.

from wells report:

Post #: 749
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 5/12/2015 2:57:02 PM   
djskillz

Given that, he maybe should have just given things over. But I still think that's much ado about nothing. I'm guessing he was just so pissed about the laughable nature of the entire thing that he said "F it; I'm not giving you anything". I have zero problem with that, given the circumstances. I'd probably feel the same way.

Post #: 750
Page:   <<   < prev  28 29 [30] 31 32   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season Page: <<   < prev  28 29 [30] 31 32   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode