Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans Page: <<   < prev  207 208 [209] 210 211   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/6/2017 9:12:32 AM   
SoMnFan

Ohhhhhhh shit
PAs show this morning is all about "how big this season could be"
Ohhhhhhh shit.
Post #: 5201
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/6/2017 9:15:03 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

William told me his 2nd fave team got hosed by 3 missed FGs by Blair Walsh. He was not shocked by this. Nor was I.

listened to the whole thing
ALMOST felt sorry for Mr teeny tiny Walsh
ALMOST
Its ovah for him
Post #: 5202
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/6/2017 9:26:26 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Ohhhhhhh shit
PAs show this morning is all about "how big this season could be"
Ohhhhhhh shit.

Long road ahead.

Lookit what WASH did with a patchwork line yesterday that included TJ Clemmings.

Nothing should be taken for granted.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5203
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/6/2017 9:27:10 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

quote:

William told me his 2nd fave team got hosed by 3 missed FGs by Blair Walsh. He was not shocked by this. Nor was I.

ALMOST
Its ovah for him

Yeah, see how he bounces back from this one. Pete said he looked shaky in warm ups.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5204
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/6/2017 9:28:17 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

quote:

ALMOST
Its ovah for him

Yeah, see how he bounces back from this one. Pete said he looked shaky in warm ups.

The last three or four drives they had, they KNEW they had to score TDs
It changes your game .... when you cannot count on that part of the game
Post #: 5205
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/6/2017 9:31:38 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ALMOST
Its ovah for him

If he survives the week, and misses any in his next game? He gone.

IF he survives the week. Missing 3, don't know how they can keep him.

Am sure it's all someone else's fault. Again.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5206
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/6/2017 9:38:20 AM   
Mr. Ed

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/11/6/16612182/blair-walsh-not-likely-to-be-going-anywhere-due-to-cap-considerations-injury-replacements-santos
Following the Seattle Seahawks 17-14 loss to Washington on Sunday and Blair Walsh’s contribution of three missed field goals in the defeat, many fans are calling for Walsh’s release. Hawks fans are certainly no stranger to Walsh misses, having benefited greatly from the Walsh miss at the end of the 2015 Wild Card round of the playoffs while he was a member of the Minnesota Vikings, and many were adamantly against signing Walsh at all.

In any case, leading into the Thursday night game on the road against the Arizona Cardinals, Walsh will have little time to dwell on his misses and will look to get right against a Cardinals team fighting for their playoff lives and looking to pull into a tie for second place in the NFC West. Regardless of how Walsh responds or how the team feels about his performance going forward, the largest stumbling block to replacing Walsh would be the salary cap.

Seattle has already borrowed against the cap of 2018 and 2019 in order to assemble a roster with the best chance of bringing home a Lombardi this season or next, and the team has basically tapped every last dollar available for 2017.

According to OverTheCap.com, the Hawks currently have just over $778k in available cap space. As Walsh is a vested veteran with four or more accrued seasons who was on the roster for the Week 1 opener against Green Bay, his entire base salary is guaranteed. This means the team would save none of his base salary by cutting him, and would only save money on the per game roster bonuses he is being paid.

On top of his base salary, Walsh receives $18,750 per game for being on the gameday roster, and with minimum salary for a rookie being $27,352, the least that it would cost to replace Walsh for the remainder of the season would be $68,823, or about 9% of the cap space the team has available.

Complicating things further, is that that is the amount it would cost to sign a rookie with zero experience kicking in the NFL, or a rookie whose experience kicking went so well that another team decided to move on. Even if the team were to sign an experienced kicker for the minimum salary and take advantage of the veteran cap benefit rule, even with no signing bonus given to the player, that would cost the team an additional $139,411 down the stretch, or nearly 18% of the available cap for the remainder of the season.

So, while the instant reaction of many fans has been an emotional outcry to cut Walsh, the simple fact of the matter is that doing so would further hamstring the team down the stretch. The cap is already tight as it is, and with multiple players leaving Sunday’s game with injuries, including Eddie Lacy (groin), Marcus Smith (concussion), and Tre Madden (Achilles), the team might have even less cap space to work with if one of those players ends up being moved to IR.

Thus, while most fans will not like it, odds are they will be watching Walsh kick field goals for the team down the stretch. Or miss field goals. Either way, the team lacks much flexibility at this point to burn cap space replacing an uninjured player who had a bad game in inclement weather. Hopefully Walsh get things figured out and fixes whatever ailed him during the game against Washington.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5207
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/6/2017 10:00:38 AM   
SoMnFan

Good. Stick with him, Twins!
Post #: 5208
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/6/2017 3:26:49 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ALMOST
Its ovah for him

If he survives the week, and misses any in his next game? He gone.
IF he survives the week. Missing 3, don't know how they can keep him.
Am sure it's all someone else's fault. Again.

I read that Seattle is in so much cap hell after trading for Duane Brown that they had to move money around this year and next. They can cut Walsh for a rookie kicker salary and that is about it. It was about the same issue we had after trading for Sam and then signing Long at LT---no meat left on the bone.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 11/6/2017 3:27:49 PM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 5209
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/7/2017 2:53:42 PM   
Mr. Ed

The Minnesota Vikings not only will activate quarterback Teddy Bridgewater to the 53-man roster this week, but the team is discussing the probability that veteran Sam Bradford will be placed on injured reserve, according to team sources. A final decision has not been made yet on Bradford.

Bradford was not in the team building on Tuesday, which is the norm for quarterbacks even on an "off" day, because he decided to allow Dr. James Andrews to further examine his injured left knee. The examination by Dr. Andrews could result in an exploratory arthroscopic procedure to determine if there a problem that has not been revealed on an MRI, as ESPN has previously reported.

Bradford's knee joint and structure has been previously deemed stable by team orthopedic doctors, as well as Dr. Andrews, who repaired the quarterback's two prior ACL tears in 2013 and 2014.

Bridgewater has passed all the medical hurdles necessary to return to the active roster, a decision the team is required to make by Wednesday under the rules of his status on the physically unable to perform list because he began practicing three weeks ago, the sources said.

Bridgewater has looked sharp in running scout-team drills against the first-team defense, according to sources. He is expected to serve as the backup to starter Case Keenum on Sunday, but the team is optimistic that Bridgewater can effectively become the starter again when it is necessary.

With Bridgewater and Bradford out, Kyle Sloter has been the backup quarterback. The Vikings do not want to risk losing him, according to a source.

Bradford has sought other opinions and alternative Regenokine treatments in hopes of reducing the pain but without satisfaction.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5210
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/8/2017 12:11:52 PM   
TJSweens

As expected, the Vikes activated Bridgewater and put Bradford in the IR. Sam apparently just had a procedure done done by Dr. James Andrews. Cleaned up and smoothed loose cartilage and removed a bone spur.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 5211
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/12/2017 12:57:47 PM   
Mr. Ed

So reminds me of past decent MN teams in DC

No calls will go your way today.

TD? Butt's OB

Fumble? Dang right. You don't have control of the ball with the nose in your fingertips only.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5212
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/12/2017 1:06:37 PM   
Mr. Ed

Bad spot. Challenged. Am sure they'll lose it. They're in DC .

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5213
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/12/2017 1:12:19 PM   
Mr. Ed

the old Aiding the Runner no longer applies at any level. Apparently you can push the QB from behind. Saw it in HS games, in college this year too,

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5214
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/12/2017 1:22:41 PM   
Mr. Ed

Keenum is either going to have to get hurt

or suck incredibly

for Teddy to play.

Regardless of what the coach says. Keenum is making a lot of plays.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5215
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/12/2017 2:30:41 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

Keenum is either going to have to get hurt

or suck incredibly

for Teddy to play.

Regardless of what the coach says. Keenum is making a lot of plays.

Makes a lot of plays...like that one. Man, you could see that coming.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 5216
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/12/2017 2:35:36 PM   
Mr. Ed

2 horrid throws in a row.

Yuck.

1 score up. The D isn't exactly super stellar today.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5217
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/12/2017 2:52:43 PM   
David Levine

quote:

Yuck.

He’s turning back into Case Keenum.

He got away with 2 or 3 that could’ve been picked, and then...
Post #: 5218
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/12/2017 2:54:11 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

Yuck.

He’s turning back into Case Keenum.

He got away with 2 or 3 that could’ve been picked, and then...

He just had to go there.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 5219
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/12/2017 2:58:13 PM   
twinsfan

To be fair to Case, I saw TJack make the same mistake in a playoff game vs the Eagles.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 5220
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/12/2017 3:22:12 PM   
Mr. Ed

MN wins at DC

Everson Griffin DNP. He was missed. His impact on the game should not be taken lightly.

Cousins took a sack when they absolutely could not.

No idea why the Vikes took a time out before the FG.

Thankfully the Onside was about as terrible as I've seen. Needed to get the Maple Grove kicker out there.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5221
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/12/2017 3:23:54 PM   
Mr. Ed

A couple of those horrible throws were with a little pressure. He doesn't seem to handle that all that well.

a couple were simply back up QB throws.

But the W is all that matters. Do you start Teddy next week?

Nope.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5222
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/13/2017 9:35:49 AM   
TJSweens

Keenum demonstrated once again that he is a massive upgrade from Sean Hill as a backup QB. There is no way the Vikings are sitting in this position if Hill is at the controls. Keenum also demonstrated why he is a backup. Those back to back picks were simply atrocious. As Ed put it, they were backup QB throws. When your up 35-17 in the 3rd, you don't force a back foot throw into triple coverage. Especially when you are outside the tackle box and can just throw it away. The second pick was a total backup QB throw, he was unaware of the coverage and threw a lazy pass on a route that demands a good throw because it is high risk.

Keenum was a big reason why we were in command after the first drive in the 3rd. He is also the reason Washington found themselves back in the game two possessions later. Keenum is a backup QB. Granted a really good backup, but a backup none the less. With that said, you really can't justify going back to Teddy next week. I'm guessing Keenum with all his warts is better than a rusty Bridgewater. He is winning games and that's something you can't take for granted.

On the defensive side, I am more than a little disappointed and how pedestrian our D looked without Griffen.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 5223
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/13/2017 9:47:20 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

A couple of those horrible throws were with a little pressure. He doesn't seem to handle that all that well.

a couple were simply back up QB throws.

But the W is all that matters. Do you start Teddy next week?

Nope.

The ONLY reason there should be a discussion is because of the picks.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 5224
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/13/2017 9:49:25 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

On the defensive side, I am more than a little disappointed and how pedestrian our D looked without Griffen.

Should not have been that sieve-ish without your right DE. Did not play very well at all.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5225
Page:   <<   < prev  207 208 [209] 210 211   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans Page: <<   < prev  207 208 [209] 210 211   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode