Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans Page: <<   < prev  212 213 [214] 215 216   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/10/2017 2:38:48 PM   
TJSweens

They pretty well spent the whole day shooting themselves in the foot. Bad drops, sloppy tackling. I especially call out Griffen for being MIA against Kalil.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 5326
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/10/2017 3:08:57 PM   
MDK

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

They pretty well spent the whole day shooting themselves in the foot. Bad drops, sloppy tackling. I especially call out Griffen for being MIA against Kalil.

I don't like to not give the other team credit but today was a day not so much that Carolina won the game.....we lost a very winnable game.

MAGA needs to change to MAWA= Make America White Again

Tom Smothers RIP: Easter "is when Jesus comes out of his tomb and if he sees his shadow, he goes back in and we get six more weeks of winter."
Post #: 5327
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/10/2017 3:16:58 PM   
TJSweens

Yep. Passed it away completely

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 5328
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/10/2017 3:26:49 PM   
twinsfan

Diggs is awful.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 5329
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/10/2017 3:30:26 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

That one I don't get. Griffen should have wiped the floor with Kalil.

They hyped it so much,he must have believed he could just show up.

Like the rest of the defense.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5330
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/10/2017 4:24:45 PM   
ronhextall

Can't win them all.

The wide receiver drops were disappointing.

The defense giving up big plays was disappointing.

Not the end of the world.
Post #: 5331
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/11/2017 10:37:38 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: MDK

quote:

I don't like to not give the other team credit but today was a day not so much that Carolina won the game.....we lost a very winnable game.

As Sweens said, they shot themselves in the foot repeatedly. First two Carolina Drives were the perfect example. Brainfart on the first one leads to 60 yard TD run. Two 15 yard facemask penalties on the second drive kept that one alive. Turnovers, drops... Despite all that...we nearly came back and stole it near the end.

Zimmer will work them hard this week and woe be coming for the Bengals.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 5332
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/11/2017 12:18:15 PM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

quote:

That one I don't get. Griffen should have wiped the floor with Kalil.

They hyped it so much,he must have believed he could just show up.

Like the rest of the defense.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 5333
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/11/2017 12:28:54 PM   
bstinger

Like you all said, we played one of our worst games and still had the game for the taking. Every break went their way, every close call. I was very disappointed with the pash rush, Griffen in particular was unspectacular. Dissapointed with drops we usually catch. Too many FG's when we were in position for TD's. The one before half and after the pick at the end were biggies. Missing Elflein was big and after Reiff left the OL wasn't very good. Case had no chance on the last possession when they were blitzing.

Bright spots...We didn't quit and made a good comeback. Forbath made his kicks. Quiqley had some nice punts.

I hope we heal up quickly.

--twinsfan
Post #: 5334
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/12/2017 3:04:52 PM   
twinsfan

I guess I'm officially a Fantasy Football expert.

Check out Week 14 top scores:

http://www.grainbelt.com/fantasygame/winners.php

I guess you don't need to watch football to be good at fantasy football. I haven't played real fantasy football for about 15 years. Just started playing this Grain Belt game vs Charch a little bit last year.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 5335
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/13/2017 11:50:12 PM   
SoMnFan

Forbath made his kicks

....except for the 53 yarder that missed by approximately 54 yards .....
And re-gave the Panthers the momentum and the field position

Worst decision in months for the HC. Probably the last thing I would have done there. (attempted that FG)
No one's ever had more of a "limit" than out current kicker.
He can make them up to his limit.
Trying beyond that in any even-slightly tough conditions ... is plain dumb.
Reminds me of guys that I golf with ... when they need to bomb that 300 yard drive to miraculously save their round ..... wait, that's what I'd do ... nevermind.
Post #: 5336
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/14/2017 9:17:06 AM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Forbath made his kicks

....except for the 53 yarder that missed by approximately 54 yards .....
And re-gave the Panthers the momentum and the field position

Worst decision in months for the HC. Probably the last thing I would have done there. (attempted that FG)
No one's ever had more of a "limit" than out current kicker.
He can make them up to his limit.
Trying beyond that in any even-slightly tough conditions ... is plain dumb.
Reminds me of guys that I golf with ... when they need to bomb that 300 yard drive to miraculously save their round ..... wait, that's what I'd do ... nevermind.

Yea, guess I blocked that one out.

--twinsfan
Post #: 5337
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/14/2017 9:34:38 AM   
Jeff Jesser

Agree guys. Really dumb decision. You understand with Walsh. Even with all his warts he had the leg. KF? Not a chance in hell. You're gonna show balls there? Fine, 4th and 26 had a better chance (or what ever it was).

Hell, Hamm up the gut on 4th and 26 had a better chance.
Post #: 5338
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/14/2017 9:40:23 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Agree guys. Really dumb decision. You understand with Walsh. Even with all his warts he had the leg. KF? Not a chance in hell. You're gonna show balls there? Fine, 4th and 26 had a better chance (or what ever it was).

Hell, Hamm up the gut on 4th and 26 had a better chance.

He had the wind at his back.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 5339
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/14/2017 3:57:35 PM   
Jeff Jesser

I don't care if he was kicking in a wind tunnel. Dumb idea.
Post #: 5340
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/17/2017 5:13:57 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Well then, that was easy. Cincy is really bad but we punched them in the mouth early. They had no answer and didn't look to care.
Post #: 5341
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/17/2017 5:50:24 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

Well then, that was easy. Cincy is really bad but we punched them in the mouth early. They had no answer and didn't look to care.

Yes, did what they needed to do. Fast start, dominated.

OLine was shaky at times.
Teddy was rusty too.Oh well. Good thing he didn't have to step in first time in a tight spot.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5342
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/17/2017 7:22:52 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

Teddy was rusty too.Oh well. Good thing he didn't have to step in first time in a tight spot.

Hmmmm
Maybe he's not ready to step in and be a savior yet, after almost losing a leg.
Wish I had thought of that possibility
Post #: 5343
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/17/2017 7:23:47 PM   
SoMnFan

Pretty amazingly classy of Keenum to lead the cheers.
Good moment for everyone.
Post #: 5344
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/17/2017 7:25:29 PM   
JT2

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hmmmm
Maybe he's not ready to step in and be a savior yet, after almost losing a leg.
Wish I had thought of that possibility

Odd, but there might be just a bit of a readjustment period.

We have the right guy playing QB right now. That should be clear. Although....he did have three incompletions today.
Post #: 5345
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/17/2017 7:29:01 PM   
JT2

quote:

Pretty amazingly classy of Keenum to lead the cheers.
Good moment for everyone.

It was great seeing Bridgewater back on the field. Needed to happen for insurance against a Keenum injury.

What is not to like about Keenum?

He's John Stockton. Not an incredible athlete. Not a cannon. Smart, prepared, leader, confident. Not losing games for you.
Post #: 5346
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/17/2017 11:02:22 PM   
bstinger

SKOL!!!!

We win the NFC North and sit in 2nd place with 11-3 record with a QB no one wanted. If Case keeps taking care of the ball and the D keeps playing like it is we can go all the way. Nice to see Teddy have that moment. I hope it's his last moment of the season unless we are crushing the Packers and/or Bears. Hard to say what will happen in the offseason, but I'm OK at this point with Case being the guy going forward and drafting an heir apparent with a mid-low round pick. Sam and Teddy probably will want more than they are worth to keep as backups and Case won't be taking backup money.

Gotta keep healthy and minimize mistakes and this could be our year.

--twinsfan
Post #: 5347
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/18/2017 10:18:19 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

SKOL!!!!

We win the NFC North and sit in 2nd place with 11-3 record with a QB no one wanted. If Case keeps taking care of the ball and the D keeps playing like it is we can go all the way. Nice to see Teddy have that moment. I hope it's his last moment of the season unless we are crushing the Packers and/or Bears. Hard to say what will happen in the offseason, but I'm OK at this point with Case being the guy going forward and drafting an heir apparent with a mid-low round pick. Sam and Teddy probably will want more than they are worth to keep as backups and Case won't be taking backup money.

It's more likely Teddy knows his value is down right now. Wont make much on the free agent market either and I'm sure the Vikings are planning to keep him anyway knowing they should be able to, in the short team at least, extend him for a couple years cheaply.

Sam is as good as gone. He's a forgotten person now. A myth. all memories of his heroics are being swept away by the superior heroics of one Case Keenum. I think Case might just price himself out of Minnesota and go where Shurmer ends up, Cleveland, Cincy, ?

In any case (pun not intended) As much as I am loving this...I don't think Keenum will replicate this season again. Whether with the Vikings or not, he will have different coaching (which in his case I believe is significant) and some different playmakers too. He's set the standard so high now that it will be hard for him to ever live up to it again. And I believe someone is going to pay a boatload of money to take him off our hands.

< Message edited by Trekgeekscott -- 12/18/2017 10:20:32 AM >

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 5348
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/18/2017 10:42:38 AM   
TJSweens

Sam will likely retire and try to qualify for the PGA tour. Teddy's situation is not that simple. He is still on his rookie contract and the Vikings owe him a lot of money if he is on the roster next year. I don't know if they can renegotiate while he is still on his rookie deal.

Post #: 5349
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 12/18/2017 10:43:07 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

SKOL!!!!

It's more likely Teddy knows his value is down right now. Wont make much on the free agent market either and I'm sure the Vikings are planning to keep him anyway knowing they should be able to, in the short team at least, extend him for a couple years cheaply.

Sam is as good as gone. He's a forgotten person now. A myth. all memories of his heroics are being swept away by the superior heroics of one Case Keenum. I think Case might just price himself out of Minnesota and go where Shurmer ends up, Cleveland, Cincy, ?

In any case (pun not intended) As much as I am loving this...I don't think Keenum will replicate this season again. Whether with the Vikings or not, he will have different coaching (which in his case I believe is significant) and some different playmakers too. He's set the standard so high now that it will be hard for him to ever live up to it again. And I believe someone is going to pay a boatload of money to take him off our hands.

No way Shurmur goes to Cleveland (already been there done that).....Cincy, Chicago, or NY Giants.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 5350
Page:   <<   < prev  212 213 [214] 215 216   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans Page: <<   < prev  212 213 [214] 215 216   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode