Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans Page: <<   < prev  214 215 [216] 217 218   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/9/2018 8:29:08 AM   
MDK

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

First time for Will and his dad at the Bank

This Sunday

Have a great day Ed......you deserve to have such a day with your son.

MAGA needs to change to MAWA= Make America White Again

Tom Smothers RIP: Easter "is when Jesus comes out of his tomb and if he sees his shadow, he goes back in and we get six more weeks of winter."
Post #: 5376
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/9/2018 10:21:02 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

First time for Will and his dad at the Bank

This Sunday

Whoa! Big score Ed!
Have an awesome day you two!
Post #: 5377
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/9/2018 9:35:44 PM   
ronhextall

I will be at Vikings game Sunday. My son's Xmas present. Going to soak it all in. Our seats are awful and expensive but it will be a memory that we will not forget.
Post #: 5378
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/9/2018 10:36:43 PM   
Steve Lentz

Ed and Ron....enjoy every minute of it!

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 5379
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/10/2018 11:22:38 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

I will be at Vikings game Sunday. My son's Xmas present. Going to soak it all in. Our seats are awful and expensive but it will be a memory that we will not forget.

Congrats Ron!
Enjoy the win!!!
Post #: 5380
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/10/2018 12:39:00 PM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

Congrats Ron!
Enjoy the win!!!

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 5381
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/10/2018 1:09:05 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

quote:

Congrats Ron!
Enjoy the win!!!

That would be wonderful!

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 5382
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/14/2018 6:45:11 AM   
SoMnFan

The day is finally here.
Get this adventure started fellas.
Want to read nothing but great stuff when I return here today.
Send these Saints packing back to N'orlinnnnns.
Post #: 5383
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/14/2018 9:07:21 AM   
MDK

quote:

The day is finally here.

I haven't been this fired up for a Vikings team since 98.

MAGA needs to change to MAWA= Make America White Again

Tom Smothers RIP: Easter "is when Jesus comes out of his tomb and if he sees his shadow, he goes back in and we get six more weeks of winter."
Post #: 5384
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/14/2018 1:18:10 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: MDK

quote:

The day is finally here.

I haven't been this fired up for a Vikings team since 98.

And I haven't been this nervous about a Vikings game since Vikes/Cards, December 28, 2003.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 5385
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/14/2018 2:27:41 PM   
twinsfan

Where has the professor been? Good to see him check in on the day of the big game.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 5386
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/14/2018 8:10:32 PM   
SoMnFan

Well, that was a fun one.
Too tight for comfort, but fun.
Post #: 5387
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/14/2018 10:33:00 PM   
bstinger

Wow, I can't believe what I witnessed. That shit happens against us, not for us... WTF?

--twinsfan
Post #: 5388
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/15/2018 1:50:35 AM   
ronhextall

Great atmosphere. Entire stadium standing every defensive down.

Nice to see “it” happen to somebody else.
Post #: 5389
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/15/2018 1:53:20 AM   
SoMnFan

Was hoping you TwinsTalkers didn't leave early.....
Post #: 5390
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/15/2018 6:36:44 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

Was hoping you TwinsTalkers didn't leave early.....

more later

Loud

A lot

deflated after the last fg

then the miracle

Oh my Lots of high fives for the next hour plus before getting out of there.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5391
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/15/2018 6:42:14 AM   
SoMnFan

Figured it was something else.
Glad you could take it in
Reminds me of the Twins first home series at the Dome vs Detroit in '87
Was basically a 4 hour party ... never slapped hands with so many strangers in the rest of my life combined.
When stuff like that happens, everyone just becomes buds. Its pretty cool actually.
Post #: 5392
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/15/2018 7:03:34 AM   
Phil Riewer

My Fiance was starting to ball up in the 4th Quarter afraid to watch any more. She isn't even that big of fan until they went into their big winning streak and she started watching most of the games instead of sleeping thru them half way thru the year.

As soon as Diggs scored she jumped out of her ball, we started jumping up and down and I joined her and gave her a big hug. I guess she has been a Vikings fan all along but hasn't followed them since the Favre year. Lots of pain even for just fair weather fans or as some say the smarter fans that don't watch so they don't feel the pain we do on these playoff losses.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 1/15/2018 7:07:04 AM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 5393
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/15/2018 7:40:43 AM   
ewen21

Never been happier for a team that isn't "MY TEAM"

I listened to the PA call. Who is that turkey screaming over him? LOL
It works anyway.

Guys......
Would you PLEASE beat Philly. As a Giant fan this is such a natural for me. Believe it or not, there are A LOT of people out in my neck of the who are on your side

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure"

--Thom Jefferson"
Post #: 5394
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/15/2018 8:24:43 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

Figured it was something else.
Glad you could take it in
Reminds me of the Twins first home series at the Dome vs Detroit in '87
Was basically a 4 hour party ... never slapped hands with so many strangers in the rest of my life combined.
When stuff like that happens, everyone just becomes buds. Its pretty cool actually.

Ears are still ringing. Nearly every D play it was raucous. NO did a nice job of handling it. Quick snaps and such.
Dang near lost it by balling up on offense. Cinderella was losing the slipper in that one, and then the ending put it back on the foot.
Got way too predictable on playcalling. Thought Norv was back.

Some fans gave NO fans way too much grief, and some started push/shove incidents.
That's the real negative of going to a game. Huge emphasis on alcohol with beer and bars everywhere. I was not impressed with that, esp having a 17 year old along. Yeah, makes me stodgy, but sheesh, I guess I'm going to enjoy the game, not get loaded and become Testosterone Tarzan.

Women too. One cat fight, a couple of chicks calling people douche bags and a-holes at the top of their lungs, and then f-r's to their spouses on the train ride back

The pregame got misty for me. Lot of video with old timers encouraging fans to get them back to the Super Bowl for their teammates. Seeing CCarter and Robert Smith and others on the sidelines got me thinking of failures gone by.

One guy yelled as they got the ball back after falling behind
"Thanks a lot Vikings! Another year of disappointment!" Some fans scolded him, but I was thinking the same thing.
I was resigned to the loss when MN scored with 1:40 left. KNEW NO would come back. That 4th down conversion before they scored about killed me.

Was a great experience. I have little voice. William has less than that. it was something.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5395
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/15/2018 9:02:07 AM   
TJSweens

I said during the week that if the Vikings played their A game, there wasn't much the Saints could do about it. They proved that in the first half. Through the 3rd quarter and a good chunk of the 4th, they played about D+ and lost the lead. Two things stood out during that stretch: 1. Case's decision to throw that ball up for grabs to avoid a sack was just an incredibly unpoised and STUPID decision. 2. Michael Thomas was making Xavier Rhodes his bitch. They woke up a bit after that. Kick the field goal and take the lead back. On the following series Breese went right after the Thomas - Rhodes match up and every time Xavier rose to the occasion, putting NO at 4th and 10. The Vikings let them off the hook mostly due to an incredibly chicken shit alignment for the 4th down play. When I saw how deep the safeties were lining up, I knew they were going to give up the first down. Fast forward to our final possession and good Keenum resurfaced just in time to deliver possibly the greatest play in Viking history. It was a great play on many levels; 1. All 11 players were determined to battle it all the way. 2. The line probably had their best pass blocking play of the second half. 3 The location of the completion was in a place where Diggs could have stepped out of bounds to set up the field goal had he been surrounded, in fact he said that is what he planned to do. 4. Diggs not not only made a nice catch, he had the field awareness to know he had a clear path to the end zone as long as he didn't trip.

The most exhilarating Viking win I can ever remember. We were completely spent after the game. Sat around for an hour afterward and every once in awhile, someone would shake their head and say "I still can't believe it".

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 5396
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/15/2018 9:12:35 AM   
bstinger

My 15 year old daughter likes to watch the Vikings, but isn't a hardcore fan. She was reading a book for school through much of the game, looking up occasionally. When she finished the book she watched more intently. I don't remember the exact point in the game but it was under 2 minutes for sure, we're standing in front of the big screen together and she says "Dad, it feels like my stomach is in knots". I say, "Welcome to being a Vikings Fan".

We both went crazy after that last play and missed on several high 5's and then resorted to a hug both yelling "I can't believe it!" Then she runs for the phone to call my dad. I had to ask if he was still alive or if he had a heart attack.

--twinsfan
Post #: 5397
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/15/2018 9:24:02 AM   
bstinger

As well as we played in the first half the 2nd half was very disappointing. Lot's to clean up. Time management on our go ahead FG drive was bad, should never have left that much time on the clock. I thought we played very timid on D down the stretch. We needed to dial up some pressure.

--twinsfan
Post #: 5398
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/15/2018 9:30:55 AM   
ronhextall

It was a lot of fun.

I will echo what Ed said. The beer drinking at NFL games is borderline out of control, I find it shocking that people drink that much in a short period of time. A good chunk will remember little of the game.

Pay all that money for tickets and drink yourself unconscious, guy a few seats down from by son fell into the row below us. He had no clue where he was.

I had a beer, and so did my wife, another family I was with had a couple. No big deal. Its the people drinking 6 to 8 of these tall boys by half time are the problem.

Lots of fun, I think they can beat Philly. I have my doubts about NE but its only 1 game you have to win.

Brees picked the defense apart in second half, he is so good. Not sure how you can stop him when he is on except maybe QB pressure which there wasn't much of.

I thought the Vikings ran too much in 2nd half because it wasn't working(I could be wrong but that is what it felt like). Just missed a few 3rd down plays which would have helped in 2nd half.

< Message edited by ronhextall -- 1/15/2018 9:37:32 AM >
Post #: 5399
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 1/15/2018 9:39:17 AM   
CPAMAN

It was a complete reversal of what usually happens to the Vikings in playoff games and one for the ages. But this team needs to dig in and play better with a lead. My goodness the defense got burned in the second half. The D-line was nonexistent. I hope they have a good week of practice and come out prepared to play a full 60 minutes vs. Philadelphia on Sunday. They can play better than they did and will need to do so in order to win on the road. I would rather a 20 point win without all the heart palpitations in between.

Lots of Christopher Columbus statues available on ebay.
Post #: 5400
Page:   <<   < prev  214 215 [216] 217 218   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans Page: <<   < prev  214 215 [216] 217 218   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode