Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans Page: <<   < prev  223 224 [225] 226 227   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 8/14/2018 11:04:40 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

In all honesty, tho ... Holy hell
We have a 1st unit D that gets AFTER people
I remember 5-6 years ago just flat-out begging for that in here.
"if we could just ever get a kick-ass D for a change'
oh, and ... Cousins is light years ahead of any QB talent we have had here in many moons.
Anyone not admitting that has an agenda, imo.
My boy Murray looked good, him and Cook lugging the rock?
What's not to like so far? This is an ownership that at least has TRIED to accumulate talent.
Respect that so much more than what the Pohlads and the Wonder Boys do.

Love where you're at!

We are set up. A team stocked with upper tier talent, ownership that doesn't dick around...paying people, and setting up world class facilities. I can't imagine another group being this together, this happy. Built more than slapped together like LA.

This could be our decade.

Great to hear from you Todd.
Time for us to have a year, that ends well. Eh?

Philly schooled them. Something happened w/the D at the end of last year. There was no taking control by the D. Really started late first half of the miracle win vs new Orleans

Have to adjust.

I will never look at the win over New Orleans as even a sports miracle, much less a real one. The two teams went back and forth. We had the game wrapped up if we had just stopped a fourth and ten. We made the stop we had to make forcing them to kick a FG with time remaining.
Even if we hadn't got the TD we could have kicked a FG for the win also. They made plays and we made plays. We just happened to make the last play.

Forbath would have missed. Seriously. The crowd there knew it. There was no confidence in getting close enough to try a FG

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5601
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 8/14/2018 11:40:50 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

oh, and ... Cousins is light years ahead of any QB talent we have had here in many moons.
What's not to like so far? This is an ownership that at least has TRIED to accumulate talent.

Love where you're at!

We are set up. A team stocked with upper tier talent, ownership that doesn't dick around...paying people, and setting up world class facilities. I can't imagine another group being this together, this happy. Built more than slapped together like LA.

Philly schooled them. Something happened w/the D at the end of last year. There was no taking control by the D. Really started late first half of the miracle win vs new Orleans

Have to adjust.

I will never look at the win over New Orleans as even a sports miracle, much less a real one. The two teams went back and forth. We had the game wrapped up if we had just stopped a fourth and ten. We made the stop we had to make forcing them to kick a FG with time remaining.
Even if we hadn't got the TD we could have kicked a FG for the win also. They made plays and we made plays. We just happened to make the last play.

Forbath would have missed. Seriously. The crowd there knew it. There was no confidence in getting close enough to try a FG

he wouldn't have missed. he made a 50+ yarder just a couple minutes earlier that should have won the game.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 5602
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 8/14/2018 11:42:58 AM   
Mr. Ed

The feeling there was that anything that could go wrong, would concerning a kick. Conversations were centering around the shank vs Seattle

Other conversations were that the franchise was doomed to failure.

Then the Saints screwed up and the majority went crazy

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5603
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 8/14/2018 12:00:54 PM   
Mr. Ed

If the Cleveland Browns manage to win a game during the 2018 regular season, Browns fans in the Cleveland area will get a chance to have a beer on Bud Light.
According to Cleveland.com's Marc Bona, Bud Light's vice president of marketing, Andy Goeler, announced Tuesday that the company is placing "victory fridges" in strategic areas around Cleveland that will automatically open when the Browns win a game: "We're always cheering for them. Obviously they haven't won in a while. We're putting victory fridges out into the marketplace. When the Cleveland Browns win, at the end of the game, these refrigerators...will send a wireless signal that will unlock them and give fans the opportunity to have a celebratory Bud Light."

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5604
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 8/14/2018 12:03:20 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

If the Cleveland Browns manage to win a game during the 2018 regular season, Browns fans in the Cleveland area will get a chance to have a beer on Bud Light.
According to Cleveland.com's Marc Bona, Bud Light's vice president of marketing, Andy Goeler, announced Tuesday that the company is placing "victory fridges" in strategic areas around Cleveland that will automatically open when the Browns win a game: "We're always cheering for them. Obviously they haven't won in a while. We're putting victory fridges out into the marketplace. When the Cleveland Browns win, at the end of the game, these refrigerators...will send a wireless signal that will unlock them and give fans the opportunity to have a celebratory Bud Light."

Could turn into disco demolition part II.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 5605
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 8/14/2018 12:03:40 PM   
David Levine

quote:

Wonder what their liability will be when an 8 year old kid is the first one there...
Post #: 5606
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 8/14/2018 12:07:24 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

Wonder what their liability will be when an 8 year old kid is the first one there...

They're supposedly going to be in the Adults only beverage areas.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5607
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 8/14/2018 12:16:05 PM   
twinsfan

Will they replenish the fridges with unexpired beer?

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 5608
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 8/14/2018 12:30:28 PM   
David Levine

If a Bud Light "goes bad" does anyone notice?
Post #: 5609
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 8/14/2018 12:34:03 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

Good point.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 5610
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 8/14/2018 12:34:04 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

Pit of misery

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 5611
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 8/14/2018 12:34:34 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

How could it go bad? It's pretty much just water.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 5612
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 8/14/2018 12:34:57 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

They're supposedly going to be in the Adults only beverage areas.

Dilly Dilly

Post #: 5613
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 8/14/2018 12:36:10 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

The feeling there was that anything that could go wrong, would concerning a kick. Conversations were centering around the shank vs Seattle

Other conversations were that the franchise was doomed to failure.

Then the Saints screwed up and the majority went crazy

and failed to notice how all the Minnesota Miracle (which I still love btw) did was lead us to the Philly debacle.

Post #: 5614
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 8/14/2018 12:50:38 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

c'mon Trek, you're dying to tell it ...... c'mon .....
Post #: 5615
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 8/14/2018 12:52:09 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Love where you're at!

Have to adjust.

Same thought at the time ...
we would have missed ANY FG attempt, from ANY distance.
Diggs apparently knew this.
Post #: 5616
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 8/14/2018 12:58:31 PM   
twinsfan

Are we in SMF's wheelhouse now?

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 5617
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 8/14/2018 1:45:46 PM   
bstinger

quote:

quote:

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 5618
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 8/14/2018 1:46:02 PM   
bstinger

quote:

quote:

quote:

Pit of misery

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 5619
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 8/14/2018 2:52:32 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

Naw. It's overused.

Post #: 5620
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 8/14/2018 2:54:52 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Naw. It's overused.

What are you talking about?

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 5621
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 8/14/2018 3:20:45 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Love where you're at!

Have to adjust.

No way. Forbath was on a roll. Leave those doom and gloom vibes behind. They no longer apply.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 5622
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 8/14/2018 3:29:09 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Love where you're at!

Have to adjust.

No way. Forbath was on a roll. Leave those doom and gloom vibes behind. They no longer apply.

Forbath may no longer apply,either.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5623
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 8/14/2018 3:30:48 PM   
Mr. Ed

BTW, Forbath was 3-4 FG wise
So nothing was given. Esp the way he shanked PATs

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5624
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 8/14/2018 3:33:10 PM   
SoMnFan

kinda like the "roll" Gary Anderson was on?
or the "roll" our old buddy Blair Walsh was on?

he was missin it.

Has nothing to do with this year.
Last year, he was missing it.
From a yard out, he was missing it. From ten, he was missin it. From twenty? Yup. it was what it was.
Post #: 5625
Page:   <<   < prev  223 224 [225] 226 227   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans Page: <<   < prev  223 224 [225] 226 227   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode