Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Former Twins News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Former Twins News Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Former Twins News - 7/29/2014 12:05:41 AM   
Jeff Allen

Worley with the shutout tonight...get rid of Gardy and Anderson NOW!!!!
Post #: 251
RE: Former Twins News - 7/29/2014 6:29:43 AM   
ewen21

Just another uncoachable headcase. The real head cases are in the Twins dugout. They're a bunch of lightweights and basket cases. Why is this allowed to go on?
Post #: 252
RE: Former Twins News - 7/29/2014 8:22:50 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: sixthwi

Two ex-Twins in one deal!

Royals Acquire Liam Hendriks, Erik Kratz

By Steve Adams [July 28, 2014 at 6:10pm CDT]

6:10pm: The Blue Jays announced that they have acquired Danny Valencia from the Royals in exchange for Hendricks and Kratz. Valencia, 29, posted a .282/.328/.382 slash line in 119 plate appearances for KC this season. The veteran split 117 games between Baltimore and Triple-A Norfolk in 2013. In 170 plate appearances last year for the O’s, he had a .304/.330/.553 slash line to go with eight homers. The 29-year-old has seen scattered MLB action since a mediocre stint as the Twins’ everyday third bagger in 2011.

5:51pm: Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports confirms that Kratz is headed to Kansas City (Twitter link).

5:46pm: The Royals and Blue Jays have agreed to a trade, tweets Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports. Right-hander Liam Hendriks is heading to Kansas City in the deal, and Sportsnet’s Shi Davidi tweets that catcher Erik Kratz is expected to be joining the Royals as well.

The 25-year-old Hendriks was once considered one of the Top 10 prospects in the Twins organization, but he made his rounds on waivers over the past season after failing to translate his excellent Triple-A numbers to the Major Leagues. Hendriks allowed nine runs in 13 1/3 innings for the Jays this season and has a 6.06 ERA in 169 1/3 innings throughout his big league career. The Aussie right-hander has a strong 3.23 ERA with 6.6 K/9 and 1.3 BB/9 in 362 1/3 career innings at the Triple-A level. Baseball America tweets that he was impressive at the Triple-A All Star Game this season — a team that he was named to after posting a brilliant 2.33 ERA in 18 minor league appearances this year.

Good trade for the Royals.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 253
RE: Former Twins News - 7/29/2014 8:37:29 AM   
TJSweens

I called this last year when he was floundering in AAA. I predicted the Twins would get rid of Worley and he would thrive in the change of scenery. Vanimal says the Pittsburgh pitching coached noticed he was flying open after elbow surgury, which was throwing off his command and giving the batter too good a look at the ball. Yet Rick Anderson, the Dali Lama of pitching, missed it.

Can someone please name a pitcher who got better under the dynamic duo of Anderson and Gardy? It's much easier to name pitchers who improved once they got the hell out of here.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 254
RE: Former Twins News - 7/29/2014 8:57:37 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

I called this last year when he was floundering in AAA. I predicted the Twins would get rid of Worley and he would thrive in the change of scenery. Vanimal says the Pittsburgh pitching coached noticed he was flying open after elbow surgury, which was throwing off his command and giving the batter too good a look at the ball. Yet Rick Anderson, the Dali Lama of pitching, missed it.

Can someone please name a pitcher who got better under the dynamic duo of Anderson and Gardy? It's much easier to name pitchers who improved once they got the hell out of here.

Johan Santana.

Also...um...well...

Let's see.

Theres........uh..........****!

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 255
RE: Former Twins News - 7/29/2014 8:59:53 AM   
Trekgeekscott

That settles it!

We need to get the Pittsburgh pitching coach!

In one season he did what Anderson couldn't...got Liriano to be a Cy Young candidate.
Now he found a glaring flaw in Worleybird's delivery and the dude's pitching shutouts.

Anderson sucks nuts and he will never leave as long as Gardy is here. We need to clean this shit out of the stable.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 256
RE: Former Twins News - 7/29/2014 9:03:13 AM   
ewen21

quote:

Not only is it an impossible task to name pitchers that improved here but it is also worth noting that since Garza was called up in 2006 there isn't a starting pitcher raised by this team starting in the majors aside from Kyle Gibson. Now just let that sink in for a moment. There are no Twins farmhands who were brought to the majors by the Twins that are starting right now. Only Gibson. Then add that other dimension where pitchers were branded "head cases" then went elsewhere and succeeded. Add to that the fact that our team ERA has been at the bottom of the barrel four years running.

The fact that the "leadership" presiding over this is still intact is nothing short of astounding to me.
Post #: 257
RE: Former Twins News - 7/29/2014 9:03:32 AM   
TJSweens

Johan Santana was sent down to AAA where Cuellar taught him his signature change up and he exploded from there. Anderson had nothing to do with it.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 258
RE: Former Twins News - 7/29/2014 9:05:41 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

No, Anderson told him the same thing but Worley wouldn't listen. Anderson says that kind of shows you what kind of person Worley is.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 259
RE: Former Twins News - 7/29/2014 9:06:23 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: ewen21

quote:

Not only is it an impossible task to name pitchers that improved here but it is also worth noting that since Garza was called up in 2006 there isn't a starting pitcher raised by this team starting in the majors aside from Kyle Gibson. Now just let that sink in for a moment. There are no Twins farmhands who were brought to the majors by the Twins that are starting right now. Only Gibson. Then add that other dimension where pitchers were branded "head cases" then went elsewhere and succeeded. Add to that the fact that our team ERA has been at the bottom of the barrel four years running.

The fact that the "leadership" presiding over this is still intact is nothing short of astounding to me.

Not to mention Gardy and Andy didn't like Garza's stubbornness and surly disposition. Good thing Jack Morris never pitched for them.

Post #: 260
RE: Former Twins News - 7/29/2014 9:07:32 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

quote:

No, Anderson told him the same thing but Worley wouldn't listen. Anderson says that kind of shows you what kind of person Worley is.

BAAA BAAA BAAA BAAA BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Post #: 261
RE: Former Twins News - 7/29/2014 9:09:19 AM   
ewen21

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

Johan Santana.

Also...um...well...

Let's see.

That was more than ten years ago. How about naming one starting pitcher raised by this organization since Garza came up? I can only name Gibson. Surely the must more. I have to be missing someone. Right?
Post #: 262
RE: Former Twins News - 7/29/2014 9:09:44 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

quote:

I thought I read that somewhere just the other day.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 263
RE: Former Twins News - 7/29/2014 9:12:17 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

quote:

quote:

BAAA BAAA BAAA BAAA BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I was looking for Anderson's quotes to PA. Can't find them. It was pretty humorous. "That kind of shows you what kind of person he is." What? Because he's pitching better now that he left your tutelage? Bad person!! You don't do that to us, son! That shows what kind of person you are!

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 264
RE: Former Twins News - 7/29/2014 9:13:13 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

Johan Santana.

Also...um...well...

Let's see.

That was more than ten years ago. How about naming one starting pitcher raised by this organization since Garza came up? I can only name Gibson. Surely the must more. I have to be missing someone. Right?

I guess you're not counting Baker, Slowey or Hendriks?

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 265
RE: Former Twins News - 7/29/2014 9:18:57 AM   
ewen21

I ran through that about a month ago. Am I missing someone? Seriously. Louse doesn't count he was before Garza. Same with Liriano. all three of them didnt fit either!

All that untraceable young pitching we had in 2006 amounted to nothing. Great job evaluating what you had Terry Ryan!
Post #: 266
RE: Former Twins News - 7/29/2014 9:23:06 AM   
ewen21

Baker is back? I thought he had TJ or something, but still I am talking guys called up AFTER Garza and doesn't fit that profile. Slowey is a long relief guy so doesn't count. Hendricks has been in AAA all year. Is he up now?
Post #: 267
RE: Former Twins News - 7/29/2014 9:24:39 AM   
ewen21

Guys I'm at the shore posting from my phone. Sorry about all the mistakes
Post #: 268
RE: Former Twins News - 7/29/2014 9:26:54 AM   
MDK

Gardy and Anderson wear the uniform.....we don't.

So what do we know anyway...........

Problem, any changes starting with TR stepping down will yield Rob Antony as GM.

There will not be any infusion of outside the organization thinking, doing.

MAGA needs to change to MAWA= Make America White Again

Tom Smothers RIP: Easter "is when Jesus comes out of his tomb and if he sees his shadow, he goes back in and we get six more weeks of winter."
Post #: 269
RE: Former Twins News - 7/29/2014 9:36:20 AM   
Mr. Ed

Man, Dick and Bert can't even say "I'm glad we're not the Royals(2 over 500) or the Pirates(7 over 500)

Ten under 500

And the status quo continues.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 270
RE: Former Twins News - 7/29/2014 9:47:43 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

I guess you're not counting Baker, Slowey or Hendriks?

Baker was OK. I wouldn't count Slowey or Hendricks. Of course Hendricks may flourish now.

Post #: 271
RE: Former Twins News - 7/29/2014 9:50:26 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: MDK

Problem, any changes starting with TR stepping down will yield Rob Antony as GM.

Would it be Antony? He is currently assistant GM, but Kryzki is Ryan's special assistant and has GM experience.

Post #: 272
RE: Former Twins News - 7/29/2014 9:52:52 AM   
djskillz

Slowey was one of the most dominant minor league pitchers we've ever had and one of the best control pitchers in the game. I still think he would have had a long solid career if not for the wrist surgery. He was never the same after that.

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
Post #: 273
RE: Former Twins News - 7/29/2014 9:53:15 AM   
MDK

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: MDK

Would it be Antony? He is currently assistant GM, but Kryzki is Ryan's special assistant and has GM experience.

He has been the voice of the Twins Front Office whenever TR has been absent this season.

I don't know if he would be hired but he sure seems to be the leading candidate.

MAGA needs to change to MAWA= Make America White Again

Tom Smothers RIP: Easter "is when Jesus comes out of his tomb and if he sees his shadow, he goes back in and we get six more weeks of winter."
Post #: 274
RE: Former Twins News - 7/29/2014 9:54:37 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

Baker is back? I thought he had TJ or something, but still I am talking guys called up AFTER Garza and doesn't fit that profile. Slowey is a long relief guy so doesn't count. Hendricks has been in AAA all year. Is he up now?

Hendriks has been up and down. Several starts with Toronto, and now he's been traded to the Royals and will probably slide into their rotation.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 275
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Former Twins News Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode