Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Minnesota Lynx

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: Minnesota Lynx Page: <<   < prev  81 82 [83] 84 85   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/31/2014 9:02:23 PM   
David Levine

The streak is dead...long live the streak.
Post #: 2051
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/31/2014 9:58:07 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Hit the damn FTs....

That was really bad wasn't it?
Post #: 2052
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/31/2014 9:58:41 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

The streak is dead...long live the streak.

Yep the 16 game is over the 8 marches on.
Post #: 2053
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/31/2014 11:04:35 PM   
Minnyme

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

Augustus got a and one called on the floor and then the refs go to replay for some reason and overturn what was clearly the correct call in the first place. Just stole three points from us. 23-12 with Mercury shooting FTs after Foul call on Whalen. Then Augustus gets a Tech. What a bunch of BS.

I'll have to watch a replay of the game since I dont know what the camera caught .... but Maya got thrown to the floor and ended up in the near the floor camera guy & fans just a 'Mone had the beautiful finish & was fouled. It seems they veiwed Maya's foul occuring prior to 'Mone's foul so the took the points away & since Lynx not in the bonus, it was just Lynx ball.
Post #: 2054
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/31/2014 11:07:52 PM   
Minnyme

Can't believe the Target Center has been as live as it was tonight in many, many years, if ever. Yes I said it Fun game to be at. Far from a good ref crew but had you straching your head with calls on both teams.

Great team defense by the Lynx. The didn't let Phx get comfortable on the offensive end. Monica Wright & Tan White and mix in a little Whalen & Augustus, did a great job getting under DT's skin. Jmac was physical enough with Griner that best she could do was try shooting over the defender. Brunson beast on the boards, Maya & 'Mone coming through late with the shoots, it was a good night ..... besides the free throw

Sooooooo happy that streak is over Game wore me out time to
Post #: 2055
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/1/2014 11:16:56 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Minnyme

quote:

Augustus got a and one called on the floor and then the refs go to replay for some reason and overturn what was clearly the correct call in the first place. Just stole three points from us. 23-12 with Mercury shooting FTs after Foul call on Whalen. Then Augustus gets a Tech. What a bunch of BS.

I'll have to watch a replay of the game since I dont know what the camera caught .... but Maya got thrown to the floor and ended up in the near the floor camera guy & fans just a 'Mone had the beautiful finish & was fouled. It seems they veiwed Maya's foul occuring prior to 'Mone's foul so the took the points away & since Lynx not in the bonus, it was just Lynx ball.

So the foul was called not on Seimone's drive but on Maya getting thrown down? I thought they had just not given the continuation. Is replay used in that manner? To change the foul call from one player to another. OK that would make some sense of it.
Post #: 2056
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/1/2014 11:19:54 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

Can't believe the Target Center has been as live as it was tonight in many, many years, if ever. Yes I said it Fun game to be at. Far from a good ref crew but had you straching your head with calls on both teams.

Great team defense by the Lynx. The didn't let Phx get comfortable on the offensive end. Monica Wright & Tan White and mix in a little Whalen & Augustus, did a great job getting under DT's skin. Jmac was physical enough with Griner that best she could do was try shooting over the defender. Brunson beast on the boards, Maya & 'Mone coming through late with the shoots, it was a good night ..... besides the free throw

Sooooooo happy that streak is over Game wore me out time to

Considering I have to drive over 300 miles roundtrip to make the season Finale in Phoenix I won't be doing such unless the game has meaning. Best the Lynx can do in the head to head is tie at 2-2. If we win out and the Mercury lose one along the way what would the next tie breaker be?
Post #: 2057
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/2/2014 12:53:27 AM   
Minnyme

quote:

quote:

quote:

So the foul was called not on Seimone's drive but on Maya getting thrown down? I thought they had just not given the continuation. Is replay used in that manner? To change the foul call from one player to another. OK that would make some sense of it.

One ref called/blew whistle on Penny Taylor pushing Maya out of the way, the other followed the Mone drive and called a foul. So they went to review which happened first. Maya was indeed shoved before 'Mone got fouled. But most folks didn't notice and Alan Horton didn't catch it either. But it was clear when you watch it (I bought live-access so was able to see what happened) so refs got that one right.
Post #: 2058
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/2/2014 1:09:59 AM   
Minnyme

quote:

Considering I have to drive over 300 miles roundtrip to make the season Finale in Phoenix I won't be doing such unless the game has meaning. Best the Lynx can do in the head to head is tie at 2-2. If we win out and the Mercury lose one along the way what would the next tie breaker be?

Well actually the Lynx head to Phx next Sat Aug 9th. NBA TV game.

The reg season ends the following wkend on Sun 8/17.

Interesting the final wk, after playing the Lynx, the Mercury will play 2 sets of bk to bks, 3 of the 4 on the road -Tu/W @NY & @ATL then Sa/Su LA & @Seattle.

The Lynx will only have 3 gms left, hosting LA on Tue, @SA on Fri & home back home play Tulsa Sat night to close out the reg season.
Post #: 2059
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/2/2014 1:37:23 AM   
Minnyme

Great story by FSN Phil Ervin if you want a better idea of how Cheryl Reeve got to where she is today & what the Lynx have battled this season.

Reeve guides Lynx once again to playoffs in most challenging of years

http://www.foxsports.com/north/story/reeve-guides-lynx-once-again-to-playoffs-in-most-challenging-of-years-073114

quote:

Then, while rebounding for a player during a workout in mid-March -- right around the time the Lynx announced their jersey-sponsor partnership with the Mayo Clinic -- Reeve moved horrifically slow to fetch the ball. She immediately decided to have some blood work done. An MRI, too.

Two days later, on April 2, 2014, she was in surgery to have a benign tumor removed from her spinal region.

quote:

When training camp opened, Moore was the only core returner present. The rest were still concluding their overseas campaigns. Wright and fellow key backup Devereaux Peters missed the start of the season with knee injuries. So did power forward Rebekkah Brunson, whose start against Phoenix on Thursday night will be her fourth this year. Lifetime renovations forced them to relocate for practices during an already jam-packed regular-season schedule.

Later on, Augustus contracted left-knee bursitis and missed eight straight games (nine overall).

"This team has never gone through what we had to go through this year," point guard Lindsay Whalen told FOXSportsNorth.com.

quote:

"It isn't till the season's over when you turn it around and see what the season actually turned into," the one-time Rocket, King and Warrior (Jim Petersen) said. "You can focus in and see 'that helped us and that helped us and that's part of the tapestry that is beautiful.'"

When the parable is applied to the Lynx's 2014 go-round, they'll see images of Reeve during preseason games, barely able to rise out of her chair. They'll see Brunson, Augustus, Wright and Peters with extra bags of ice on their once-injured knees. They'll see cramped practices at Minneapolis Community and Technical College and the Colin Powell Youth Leadership Center.

And, no matter how this particular work turns out, they'll see Reeve guiding them through it.
Post #: 2060
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/2/2014 7:47:32 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

Well actually the Lynx head to Phx next Sat Aug 9th. NBA TV game.

The reg season ends the following wkend on Sun 8/17.

Interesting the final wk, after playing the Lynx, the Mercury will play 2 sets of bk to bks, 3 of the 4 on the road -Tu/W @NY & @ATL then Sa/Su LA & @Seattle.

The Lynx will only have 3 gms left, hosting LA on Tue, @SA on Fri & home back home play Tulsa Sat night to close out the reg season.

I thought the season ended with that Phoenix game but I figured out it didn't. Hmm I am trying to be supportive but man that is a long drive. Will have to think on that one.
Post #: 2061
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/2/2014 8:05:28 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

Great story by FSN Phil Ervin if you want a better idea of how Cheryl Reeve got to where she is today & what the Lynx have battled this season.

http://www.foxsports.com/north/story/reeve-guides-lynx-once-again-to-playoffs-in-most-challenging-of-years-073114

quote:

Then, while rebounding for a player during a workout in mid-March -- right around the time the Lynx announced their jersey-sponsor partnership with the Mayo Clinic -- Reeve moved horrifically slow to fetch the ball. She immediately decided to have some blood work done. An MRI, too.

Two days later, on April 2, 2014, she was in surgery to have a benign tumor removed from her spinal region.

quote:

When training camp opened, Moore was the only core returner present. The rest were still concluding their overseas campaigns. Wright and fellow key backup Devereaux Peters missed the start of the season with knee injuries. So did power forward Rebekkah Brunson, whose start against Phoenix on Thursday night will be her fourth this year. Lifetime renovations forced them to relocate for practices during an already jam-packed regular-season schedule.

Later on, Augustus contracted left-knee bursitis and missed eight straight games (nine overall).

"This team has never gone through what we had to go through this year," point guard Lindsay Whalen told FOXSportsNorth.com.

quote:

"It isn't till the season's over when you turn it around and see what the season actually turned into," the one-time Rocket, King and Warrior (Jim Petersen) said. "You can focus in and see 'that helped us and that helped us and that's part of the tapestry that is beautiful.'"

When the parable is applied to the Lynx's 2014 go-round, they'll see images of Reeve during preseason games, barely able to rise out of her chair. They'll see Brunson, Augustus, Wright and Peters with extra bags of ice on their once-injured knees. They'll see cramped practices at Minneapolis Community and Technical College and the Colin Powell Youth Leadership Center.

And, no matter how this particular work turns out, they'll see Reeve guiding them through it.

Sure appears to this outsider, that Coach Reeve gets very little credit, for putting together one hell of a run, over a pretty good stretch of time.
Seems like one tough nut. Driven and personally responsible.
Her teams seem to reflect her personality. She's been outstanding, imo. Has put all the other coaches in town to shame the past several years.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 2062
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/2/2014 10:28:04 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sure appears to this outsider, that Coach Reeve gets very little credit, for putting together one hell of a run, over a pretty good stretch of time.
Seems like one tough nut. Driven and personally responsible.
Her teams seem to reflect her personality. She's been outstanding, imo. Has put all the other coaches in town to shame the past several years.

Agreed. Cheryl seems like an excellent coach. I just love her demeanor. Believe it or not there was a time I wanted Bill Laimbeer for either the Lynx or the Wolves.
Post #: 2063
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/3/2014 8:25:48 AM   
Jim Frenette

Maya with another monster game last night. She had her 11th game scoring over 30 and also she did that in every game this year against Tulsa. When she gets in going, she is tough to stop.

Fargo
Post #: 2064
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/3/2014 11:46:06 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jim Frenette

Maya with another monster game last night. She had her 11th game scoring over 30 and also she did that in every game this year against Tulsa. When she gets in going, she is tough to stop.

Damn it. I missed the game but I can watch in now on WNBA all access.
Post #: 2065
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/3/2014 1:06:10 PM   
kgdabom

Hopefully this 40 point game will help wrap up the MVP for Maya. Some trying to act like with Phoenix record and such that Griner and Taurasi are legit MVP candidates.
Post #: 2066
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/4/2014 7:23:30 PM   
kgdabom

Maya Moore won her fourth player of the week award in a row. Here is an excerpt I took from WNBA.com

This is Moore’s 10th career Player of the Week award, her fifth of the season, and her fourth in a row. Moore is the first player in league history to win the award four consecutive weeks, surpassing the previous mark set by Deanna Nolan, who claimed the honor for three straight weeks with the then Detroit Shock in 2009.
Post #: 2067
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/4/2014 8:40:07 PM   
El Duderino

I was just perusing the standings. I didn't realize that only three teams in the league have winning records - and only one in the eastern conference! That's ridiculous. It's obvious that the Lynx and the Mercury are two tiers above the rest of the league. It's a shame Phoenix has to miss the finals because they're stuck in the same conference as the Lynx. I also wonder what the standings would look like for the other ten teams if you exclude their results vs. Min & Pho. Hmmm ...

The Dude Abides
Post #: 2068
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/4/2014 11:03:13 PM   
Minnyme

A little Time Out w/Seimone Augustus :

http://www.wnba.com/video/wnba/2014/08/01/waction1808augustustimeoutmixdes-3343241

Maya may the face of WNBA basketball but 'Mone is still "The Franchise". 9 yrs (already ) and counting and she's been ridiculous since day 1
Great person and class act as well.

< Message edited by Minnyme -- 8/4/2014 11:05:30 PM >
Post #: 2069
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/4/2014 11:05:36 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

http://www.wnba.com/video/wnba/2014/08/01/waction1808augustustimeoutmixdes-3343241

Maya may the face of WNBA basketball but 'Mone is still "The Francise". 9 yrs (already ) and counting and she's been ridiculous since day 1

Did the Whalen McCarville Gophers team beat Seimone's was it Louisville or LSU team in the final four run?
Post #: 2070
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/4/2014 11:11:59 PM   
Minnyme

Highlights from the streak stopping win over Phx

http://www.wnba.com/video/wnba/2014/07/31/20140731phxminwnbarecapmov-3342514

For Coach Reeve fans her post game from the Phx win

http://www.wnba.com/video/wnba/2014/07/31/140731postgamereevemp4-3342465

Hightlights from Lynx win @Tulsa

http://www.wnba.com/video/wnba/2014/08/02/20140802wnbamintulrecapV2mov-3344098

< Message edited by Minnyme -- 8/4/2014 11:26:49 PM >
Post #: 2071
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/4/2014 11:21:48 PM   
Minnyme

quote:

quote:

Maya may the face of WNBA basketball but 'Mone is still "The Francise". 9 yrs (already ) and counting and she's been ridiculous since day 1

Did the Whalen McCarville Gophers team beat Seimone's was it Louisville or LSU team in the final four run?

No, Gophers beat ranked Boston College in sweet16. Then beat Alana Beard, Mo Currie and Duke to punch their Final 4 ticket ... along with LSU, Tenn & U Conn.

The next season- '05, Janel's senior yr the Gophers hosted LSU w/Seimone & Sylvia Fowles and the Gophers went down to Baton Rouge the next yr, Seimone's senior yr. Both Times LSU won pretty easy. LSU went back to the Final 4 in '05 & '06.
Post #: 2072
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/4/2014 11:36:19 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

No, Gophers beat ranked Boston College in sweet16. Then beat Alana Beard, Mo Currie and Duke to punch their Final 4 ticket ... along with LSU, Tenn & U Conn.

The next season- '05, Janel's senior yr the Gophers hosted LSU w/Seimone & Sylvia Fowles and the Gophers went down to Baton Rouge the next yr, Seimone's senior yr. Both Times LSU won pretty easy. LSU went back to the Final 4 in '05 & '06.

There was just something so fun about watching that Gopher team play. It was all about the way Whalen and McCarville played off each other.
Post #: 2073
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/5/2014 1:38:12 PM   
kgdabom

Lynx back to #1 on the WNBA Michele Voepel power rankings.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. Actually, of course, there are two bosses this WNBA season, and this week they swap spots atop the espnW power rankings. Phoenix had been in the numero-uno slot since June 16. But with Minnesota's 75-67 victory last Thursday snapping the Mercury's 16-game winning streak, the Lynx climb back to No. 1.

The Mercury and the Lynx have one more regular-season meeting, which is this Saturday in Phoenix. Something tells us the Phoenix fans' vocal chords will be well-rested and ready to cheer the Mercury and boo the refs in that one.

Now, here are the week 12 power rankings:

1. Minnesota (22-6; No. 2)

The Lynx are loving life, having both Rebekkah Brunson and Seimone Augustus back on the floor, and the team is looking a lot like its 2013 title-winning self. But that duo's return hasn't meant that Maya Moore fades into the woodwork. As if. Saturday, the MVP favorite had 40 points in a victory at Tulsa, and in the process set a WNBA record for most games in a season (11) with 30 or more points. The Lynx have six games left in the regular season.

2. Phoenix (23-4; last week: No. 1)

The Mercury know they didn't play their best at Minnesota last week, as they didn't rebound well and seemed pretty bothered by physical play. But they bounced back with a victory Saturday at home against Indiana, and you can be sure they are looking forward to the rematch with the Lynx this week. First, though, the Mercury will face Atlanta and San Antonio.
Post #: 2074
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 8/5/2014 6:30:40 PM   
David Levine

Lynx have been unwatchable through 1 quarter.

Down 14.
Post #: 2075
Page:   <<   < prev  81 82 [83] 84 85   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: Minnesota Lynx Page: <<   < prev  81 82 [83] 84 85   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode