Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Minnesota Lynx

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: Minnesota Lynx Page: <<   < prev  80 81 [82] 83 84   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/28/2014 2:24:22 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jim Frenette

quote:

If Lynx are going to get Home Court for the playoffs they may have to win every remaining game and that might not be good enough depending on how many times we play Phoenix the rest of the way.

They play Pho twice

Yeah the second time is the final game of the season. I really do think they need to win out if they are going to get home court. If not win out at least win both games against Phoenix and maybe lose only one other.

I think we can win in PHX in the playoffs.

Griner has killed us, but she won't be able to push around Brunson like she does Dantas.

I have been number crunching (see edited post prior page) this a bit and it sure seems likely we will have to be able to win in Phoenix. Winning out and Phoenix losing one game besides us might give us home court but that is a tall order.
Post #: 2026
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/28/2014 2:28:08 PM   
TJSweens

I think catching Phx to highly unlikely. We are 3 games behind them in the loss column with only 2 head to head games. The Mercury also has a couple of games in hand on us and are on a 15 game winning streak. The Lynx need to focus at gaining continuity and rediscovering defense with the whole team back together. As David said, the return of Brunson changes the whole dynamic in defending Griner. Simone has actually done really well head to head with Taurasi in the playoffs. I agree with David. I think the Lynx can take a game in Phoenix during the playoffs.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 2027
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/28/2014 2:43:04 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

I think catching Phx to highly unlikely. We are 3 games behind them in the loss column with only 2 head to head games. The Mercury also has a couple of games in hand on us and are on a 15 game winning streak. The Lynx need to focus at gaining continuity and rediscovering defense with the whole team back together. As David said, the return of Brunson changes the whole dynamic in defending Griner. Simone has actually done really well head to head with Taurasi in the playoffs. I agree with David. I think the Lynx can take a game in Phoenix during the playoffs.

We certainly can win in Phoenix but will we. I am hoping we start the winning at Phoenix in the final game of the regular season. The two games in hand you are talking about Sweens actually works in our favor. We only have five games remaining for the win out if I counted correctly. If we put two losses on them in those they have five other chances to lose one more and possibly give us home court.
The Phoenix 15 game streak by the way is 2nd Longest in League history. 18 is the record and if Phoenix can win in Minneapolis this Thursday it would be surprising if they don't get the record.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 7/28/2014 2:47:53 PM >
Post #: 2028
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/28/2014 2:50:37 PM   
kgdabom

I really think and hope that everybody who posts here does their best to make it to the Lynx/Phoenix game this Thursday. The place will be ROCKING. I just might drive 180 miles to Phoenix for the finale if we still have something to play for. Wonder if any tickets remain for that one.
Post #: 2029
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/28/2014 6:52:42 PM   
kgdabom

It is really a shame that Phoenix and Minnesota can't meet in the finals. Phoenix might finish this season with the best record in league history and the Lynx will be shooting for their third title in four years. Something has got to give. The Lynx fan in me might want the Lynx to sweep the Mercury but the sports fan in me wants to see an awesome series going to the limit.
Post #: 2030
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/30/2014 12:26:07 PM   
kgdabom

The Mercury will coming to the Target Center or whatever it is called now on a 16 game winning streak two games short of tying the longest winning Streak in WNBA history. Will any of us be there to watch our Lynx put an end to such nonsense. Unfortunately living in Arizona makes it pretty difficult for me and I won't be there. Go Lynx!!!
Post #: 2031
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/31/2014 2:06:49 AM   
Minnyme

Of course I'll be there

On defending Griner, I think people have forgotten it has not been Brunson alone who kept her in check. In fact Janel probably has blocked a few more Griner shots then Brunson and had often been the one not letting Griner get comfortable in the paint. It will again be a tag team effort with Brunson & JMac with some savvy vet stuff; pulling BGr away from or boxing her out to open up a path to the basket for driving guards.

Should be a good game as these are clearly the 2 best teams in the league. Win or lose this one, will be interested to see if our offense can get back to the team ball, ball movement, getting teammates easy shots mode that makes them harder to gurad. Lynx may not end up with home court for the conference finals but that's no matter to me. If you're the best team, you'll find a way to win on the road when you have to. Now that our Lynx have all the band back together they have 7 games to find that championship grove heading into the playoffs.

Rumor has it this evening (multiple Twitter sources) NBA TV has kicked NY/Chi game to the curb in favor of showing the Clash of the Titans in the West in the 7:00pm ct slot Good move
Post #: 2032
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/31/2014 9:44:14 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Minnyme

Of course I'll be there

On defending Griner, I think people have forgotten it has not been Brunson alone who kept her in check. In fact Janel probably has blocked a few more Griner shots then Brunson and had often been the one not letting Griner get comfortable in the paint. It will again be a tag team effort with Brunson & JMac with some savvy vet stuff; pulling BGr away from or boxing her out to open up a path to the basket for driving guards.

Should be a good game as these are clearly the 2 best teams in the league. Win or lose this one, will be interested to see if our offense can get back to the team ball, ball movement, getting teammates easy shots mode that makes them harder to gurad. Lynx may not end up with home court for the conference finals but that's no matter to me. If you're the best team, you'll find a way to win on the road when you have to. Now that our Lynx have all the band back together they have 7 games to find that championship grove heading into the playoffs.

Rumor has it this evening (multiple Twitter sources) NBA TV has kicked NY/Chi game to the curb in favor of showing the Clash of the Titans in the West in the 7:00pm ct slot Good move

Unless it means that it will be blacked out on WNBA All Access. I think that happens when games are on ESPN 2.
Post #: 2033
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/31/2014 11:11:50 AM   
kgdabom

Minnyme do you know what the ticket availability is for this game? I'm far away but I am doing my best to get people in the Mpls area and this board psyched for the game. If a person is at all a fan of the Lynx how could they not go to this game? I'm sure I am making a nuisance of myself.
Post #: 2034
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/31/2014 6:01:59 PM   
Minnyme

quote:

quote:

Of course I'll be there

Unless it means that it will be blacked out on WNBA All Access. I think that happens when games are on ESPN 2.

The thought is that since its not on ESPN or local TV it should NOT be blacked out for the locals.
Post #: 2035
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/31/2014 6:06:37 PM   
Minnyme

quote:

Minnyme do you know what the ticket availability is for this game? I'm far away but I am doing my best to get people in the Mpls area and this board psyched for the game. If a person is at all a fan of the Lynx how could they not go to this game? I'm sure I am making a nuisance of myself.

That's cool of you

I don't but I'm sure they won't turn folks away .... should be room for oh at least 14k, 15k
Plus there are scalpers on the street for every game buying & selling.

< Message edited by Minnyme -- 7/31/2014 6:08:04 PM >
Post #: 2036
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/31/2014 6:20:59 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

That's cool of you

I don't but I'm sure they won't turn folks away .... should be room for oh at least 14k, 15k
Plus there are scalpers on the street for every game buying & selling.

I just wonder if their will ever be hope for the WNBA if big time sports fans from this sports message board won't come out for the regular season game of the decade. Hopefully the Lynx win tonight and get a shot at home court by winning the season finale in Phoenix. If so I intend to be there.
Post #: 2037
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/31/2014 7:22:47 PM   
kgdabom

Lynx can't make a shot to save their lives 25% , but Phoenix shooting nearly as bad 35%. As I type this Lynx go on a 6-0 run and lead 16-10. Nice first quarter. FG% now tied at 31% each.
Post #: 2038
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/31/2014 7:29:04 PM   
kgdabom

Excellent. Tan White makes another three, Lynx get a fast break layup for Wright and Whalen just misses a last second drive. Lynx up 21-10. 11-0 run. Phoenix still can't make a shot.
Post #: 2039
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/31/2014 7:36:25 PM   
kgdabom

Augustus got a and one called on the floor and then the refs go to replay for some reason and overturn what was clearly the correct call in the first place. Just stole three points from us. 23-12 with Mercury shooting FTs after Foul call on Whalen. Then Augustus gets a Tech. What a bunch of BS.
Post #: 2040
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/31/2014 7:49:05 PM   
kgdabom

Lynx pushed the lead to 13 but now it is down to three as the Mercury are getting hot. What was starting to look like we could break away is back to a dog fight. If I wasn't a homer I would say it is starting to look like a loss. But we will win this game. We have been doubling Griner who seems like much more the focus of the Mercury offense than Taurasi. We give Griner a dirty look we get called for a foul. Lead down to one.
Post #: 2041
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/31/2014 7:58:58 PM   
kgdabom

Watching these two very good WNBA teams I would say that the Mercury are better in the half court offense but the Lynx are a much better fast break team. Lynx up by three at half time.
Post #: 2042
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/31/2014 8:16:47 PM   
kgdabom

Lynx up 7. Brunson the best player on the floor. 4-5 2-2 and 10 boards.
Post #: 2043
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/31/2014 8:22:49 PM   
kgdabom

Lynx could be up big. We seem real nervous tonight. Missing shots we never miss. Lots of missed layups and five footers.
Post #: 2044
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/31/2014 8:23:46 PM   
kgdabom

We get a breakaway and Monica can't convert. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Post #: 2045
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/31/2014 8:37:54 PM   
kgdabom

Moore heating up. Had 8 points through three quarters now has 8 more through three minutes. Lynx up 10 with 7 to go.
Post #: 2046
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/31/2014 8:41:06 PM   
kgdabom

The stars shining in the fourth. Maya 16 points and Seimone 15 points. Lynx went up 12 but back to 10 and Phoenix ball with 5 minutes to go. Looking good. Bring it home ladies.
Post #: 2047
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/31/2014 8:45:22 PM   
David Levine

Tough game to watch.
Post #: 2048
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/31/2014 8:52:04 PM   
David Levine

Taurasi is still a hot head.

Letting her poor shooting night get to her.

< Message edited by David Levine -- 7/31/2014 8:53:22 PM >
Post #: 2049
RE: Minnesota Lynx - 7/31/2014 8:59:31 PM   
David Levine

Hit the damn FTs....
Post #: 2050
Page:   <<   < prev  80 81 [82] 83 84   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: Minnesota Lynx Page: <<   < prev  80 81 [82] 83 84   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode