Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Other NFL News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  72 73 [74] 75 76   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Other NFL News - 2/1/2021 11:33:44 AM   
ronhextall

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Brad is right again, and I would trade Cousins and 3 1st rounders for Watson.

Watson probably gives you a franchise QB for 5 years. Cousins gives you a franchise QB for zero years.

I would take that but if I was Houston I would want to trade with the Jets. The #2 pick allows Houston to draft a top QB and some young starters and a another #1 gives you the ability to build quickly.

If Houston trades Watson to a good team the future draft picks will not be high.

Trading him to the Jets almost assures you of another top pick next year.

Crazy times, usually the NBA offseason is more interesting than the regular season, the NFL seems to be moving that direction.
Post #: 1826
RE: Other NFL News - 2/1/2021 11:39:56 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

quote:

Brad is right again, and I would trade Cousins and 3 1st rounders for Watson.

Watson probably gives you a franchise QB for 5 years. Cousins gives you a franchise QB for zero years.

I would take that but if I was Houston I would want to trade with the Jets. The #2 pick allows Houston to draft a top QB and some young starters and a another #1 gives you the ability to build quickly.

If Houston trades Watson to a good team the future draft picks will not be high.

Trading him to the Jets almost assures you of another top pick next year.

Crazy times, usually the NBA offseason is more interesting than the regular season, the NFL seems to be moving that direction.

It is with things like the Goff salary dump.
Post #: 1827
RE: Other NFL News - 2/1/2021 11:40:29 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

Not sure if something is going down, but Kirk Cousins is trending on Twitter in SoCal.

You thought that valuable enough to post on at least two threads?
Post #: 1828
RE: Other NFL News - 2/1/2021 11:42:20 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

Not sure if something is going down, but Kirk Cousins is trending on Twitter in SoCal.

I did. Can't wait for someone to take him off our hands.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 1829
RE: Other NFL News - 2/1/2021 12:02:22 PM   
ronhextall

quote:

quote:

quote:

the best part is...if Cousins goes to the 49ers and leads them to the Super Bowl it makes Speilman and Zimmer look even worse at their jobs.
Post #: 1830
RE: Other NFL News - 2/1/2021 12:07:44 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

quote:

quote:

quote:

the best part is...if Cousins goes to the 49ers and leads them to the Super Bowl it makes Speilman and Zimmer look even worse at their jobs.

As I think over that scenario I realize that Spielman and Zimmer can't win either way. If he does awesome they were dumb to trade him. If he does poor they were dumb to acquire him in the first place. They've probably thought that through themselves and likely won't deal him just because of that.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1831
RE: Other NFL News - 2/1/2021 12:20:22 PM   
marty

They should just cut their losses, Cousins isn't going to win a SB with anyone, so the team that gets him is the loser.

The Vikings will look great by getting a talent like Watson, and I see the potential of the Vikes winning a SB with him, so Speilman and company will look like masterminds when Watson guides the team to it's 1st SB win.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1832
RE: Other NFL News - 2/1/2021 12:22:15 PM   
David Levine

quote:

They should just cut their losses, Cousins isn't going to win a SB with anyone, so the team that gets him is the loser.

The Vikings will look great by getting a talent like Watson, and I see the potential of the Vikes winning a SB with him, so Speilman and company will look like masterminds when Watson guides the team to it's 1st SB win.

How do you do that?

You realize if we keep him, he costs us 31M. If we cut him, he costs us 41M, right?
Post #: 1833
RE: Other NFL News - 2/1/2021 12:32:48 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

How do you do that?

You realize if we keep him, he costs us 31M. If we cut him, he costs us 41M, right?

LOL, that's like Kramer saying they "just write it off."

So we take the $41 million we lose in dead cap, involve 3-4 other teams, and magically end up with Watson at, say $41 million per. The beauty of this is rather than have to shell out $82 million, the two payouts cancel each other out. We cut our losses by writing it off!

That's key because with the pending $20 million cap reduction, our $12 million cap deficit becomes $32 million.
Post #: 1834
RE: Other NFL News - 2/1/2021 12:40:44 PM   
marty

You get creative, maybe Kirk would help out, knowing he is going to a place that actually wants him.

You find a way, get creative with the cap, just find a way to bring Watson to the Vikes, and then you have a chance to win the SB.

Throw in Barr, maybe Smith, but keep Kendricks, Hunter, Jefferson and Thielen, they are untouchable.

With Cousins, you have no chance.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1835
RE: Other NFL News - 2/1/2021 12:43:33 PM   
David Levine

"Get creative" is not a plan.

You're dangerously close to spamming the board for Watson like you did David Boston or Bernardo Harris.

Give me some signal, right now you're just noise.
Post #: 1836
RE: Other NFL News - 2/1/2021 1:00:46 PM   
Bill Johanesen

You get creative, maybe Kirk would help out, knowing he is going to a place that actually wants him.
Yes, like in Minnesota where he felt very welcomed and didn't help out a dime.

Throw in Barr, maybe Smith, but keep Kendricks, Hunter, Jefferson and Thielen, they are untouchable.
And the obligatory 'let's give them our high priced but aged vets that they surely want'.

AND you are supposedly trading for a superstar QB who is going to lead you to the promised land, but a few players - including Thielen - are "untouchable". OMG!

F***, I believe people really do think the world is flat.
Post #: 1837
RE: Other NFL News - 2/1/2021 1:02:35 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

"Get creative" is not a plan.

You're dangerously close to spamming the board for Watson like you did David Boston or Bernardo Harris.

Give me some signal, right now you're just noise.

Hell he was 0-2 there, yet he got his own thread for castoff Bernardo Harris so that he could go piss in the wind and nobody would hear it.
Post #: 1838
RE: Other NFL News - 2/1/2021 3:55:30 PM   
thebigo

quote:

Yes, like in Minnesota where he felt very welcomed and didn't help out a dime.

And the obligatory 'let's give them our high priced but aged vets that they surely want'.

AND you are supposedly trading for a superstar QB who is going to lead you to the promised land, but a few players - including Thielen - are "untouchable". OMG!

F***, I believe people really do think the world is flat.

Seal the deal with Dakota Dozier.
Post #: 1839
RE: Other NFL News - 2/1/2021 4:11:47 PM   
ronhextall

If you think Watson gets you to Super Bowl IMO you shouldn’t label anybody as untouchable.

Obvious nobody on current roster got the Vikings there.
Post #: 1840
RE: Other NFL News - 2/1/2021 6:07:35 PM   
marty

I would want Watson to start with a good 1-2 punch at WR, 1 with sone size, the other with a lot of quickness. What is wrong with that ?
David and Bill, are you always this annoying, or just today ?

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1841
RE: Other NFL News - 3/6/2021 12:11:11 AM   
marty

VERY happy Green Bay didn't get Watt.

-- Now hopefully GB still trades Rodgers in June, and they fall apart shortly afterwards.

-- Chicago getting Wilson would be interesting, a very good, bold move, if they can pull it off.

-- Still crossing my fingers the Vikes trade for Watson, or draft QOTF in 1 of the 1st 3 rounds of the draft.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1842
RE: Other NFL News - 3/18/2021 8:51:50 PM   
Mark Anderson

I'm liking the Bears' off season.

Cut Kyle Fuller
Looking to trade Hicks
Dalton is starting QB.
Post #: 1843
RE: Other NFL News - 3/18/2021 9:20:00 PM   
marty

Dalton may be better than anyone the Bears have had at QB for awhile.

The Bears really wanted Wilson, and Wilson may have made them a SB team. They may win the division with Dalton.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1844
RE: Other NFL News - 3/18/2021 9:21:45 PM   
marty

Glad GB didn't get Watts, and also glad they didn't get AJ Green.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1845
RE: Other NFL News - 3/18/2021 10:58:25 PM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

I'm liking the Bears' off season.

Cut Kyle Fuller
Looking to trade Hicks
Dalton is starting QB.

Me too

Their QB situation is still a mess, and they've traded so many high picks lately, not a lot of young talent.

Golloday might not resign with Detroit, Goff there instead of Stafford.

Things are looking down in the North (and up for the Vikings).

SB Nation Windy City is losing it. Fans dislike Spielman, go read what they think about Pace

< Message edited by Pager -- 3/18/2021 11:06:22 PM >

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 1846
RE: Other NFL News - 3/30/2021 9:24:56 AM   
Bruce Johnson

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/03/29/first-hand-story-of-deshaun-watson-inappropriate-behavior-not-in-lawsuit

Nobody will want Watson now.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 1847
RE: Other NFL News - 3/30/2021 9:55:48 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/03/29/first-hand-story-of-deshaun-watson-inappropriate-behavior-not-in-lawsuit

Nobody will want Watson now.

I know pro athletes tend to be entitled little bitches but wow this guy takes the cake. His only hope is to go through some type of rehab and claim he's changed. Sort of like Favre back in the day with his opiates.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1848
RE: Other NFL News - 3/30/2021 10:02:04 AM   
ronhextall

Watson needs to take out a loan on future earnings and start paying off these women to keep their mouths shut.

What an idiot, on many many levels.

I seriously doubt he sees the field in 2021.

Texans should trade everybody with any value and just tank.

Texans went from maybe getting 3 first round picks in a trade to getting NOTHING.

I wonder how many owners have private investigators on speed dial to research players that are coming up for contract negotiations.

< Message edited by ronhextall -- 3/30/2021 10:03:05 AM >
Post #: 1849
RE: Other NFL News - 3/30/2021 10:10:37 AM   
David F.

Deshaun Watson signed a 4 year, $156,000,000 contract with the Houston Texans, including a $27,000,000 signing bonus, $110,717,123 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $39,000,000. In 2021, Watson will earn a base salary of $10,540,000, while carrying a cap hit of $15,940,000 and a dead cap value of $67,140,000.

Watson might have sabotaged himself for all we know. He's walking away with just under $110,000,000.00 no matter what.

Post #: 1850
Page:   <<   < prev  72 73 [74] 75 76   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  72 73 [74] 75 76   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode