Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Other NFL News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  88 89 [90] 91 92   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Other NFL News - 2/1/2022 3:46:25 PM   
ronhextall

Sounds like the Dolphins might be for sale very soon.

Owner offered Flores $100,000 per loss to improve their draft pick.

Flores filed a lawsuit.

Spicy!!!
Post #: 2226
RE: Other NFL News - 2/1/2022 4:05:36 PM   
Murph

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

Sounds like the Dolphins might be for sale very soon.

Owner offered Flores $100,000 per loss to improve their draft pick.

Flores filed a lawsuit.

Spicy!!!

Wow

Hey Wilf's, let's build a "Perennial Super Bowl contender" not a "perennial playoff contender".
Post #: 2227
RE: Other NFL News - 2/1/2022 4:19:28 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

ESPN has been vindicated. Tom Brady has now officially retired.

When ESPN released the news a couple of days ago and Brady came out and said that he is NOT retiring, or at least had not decided yet, I'll bet there was some scolding in the newsroom for dropping a story that hadn't been confirmed.

But now it has and all is well in the world. And the Buccaneers will go back to being the Buccaneers.

I assume Gronk will follow Brady into a final retirement.

I find the "gotta get it out there first" annoying. I unfollowed Schefter this morning. I'm not in that big of hurry ...
Post #: 2228
RE: Other NFL News - 2/1/2022 4:24:55 PM   
ronhextall

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

When ESPN released the news a couple of days ago and Brady came out and said that he is NOT retiring, or at least had not decided yet, I'll bet there was some scolding in the newsroom for dropping a story that hadn't been confirmed.

But now it has and all is well in the world. And the Buccaneers will go back to being the Buccaneers.

I find the "gotta get it out there first" annoying. I unfollowed Schefter this morning. I'm not in that big of hurry ...

I never understood all of that either. Eventually the truth is well known and if it never comes out, it wasn't worth knowing.
Post #: 2229
RE: Other NFL News - 2/1/2022 6:52:45 PM   
marty

One name Washington won't choose for their team:

The Washington Anthem Kneelers

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2230
RE: Other NFL News - 2/2/2022 11:31:08 AM   
TJSweens

The Washington Commanders. And I thought the Cleveland Guardians was a terrible name.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 2231
RE: Other NFL News - 2/2/2022 3:42:29 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

Eventually the only person that will care that they broke the news first is the guy that broke the news first.

NOBODY else will care, so I don't get the rush to report things. Sometimes it just makes you look like a complete ass.

It was like Jay Glazer enthusiastically reporting DURING THE NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME, that Pat Shurmer was going to be the next NYG HC while he was OC of the Vikings that game.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 2232
RE: Other NFL News - 2/2/2022 3:43:32 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

The Washington Commanders. And I thought the Cleveland Guardians was a terrible name.

One of the options was the Pigskins.

I think that would have worked well with the "hogs" and they could go on calling themselves the "skins".

Instead they went with utter stupidity.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 2233
RE: Other NFL News - 2/2/2022 4:10:31 PM   
marty

Is Captain Kirk going to the Commanders ?

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2234
RE: Other NFL News - 2/2/2022 4:25:53 PM   
marty

The Bengals were beat by a QB named Joe both times they were in the Super Bowl, now that they have a QB named Joe, will they win the SB ?

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2235
RE: Other NFL News - 2/2/2022 8:18:41 PM   
Ricky J

Of course ...
Post #: 2236
RE: Other NFL News - 2/3/2022 12:29:18 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Is Captain Kirk going to the Commanders ?

I see what you did there.

But in all seriousness, that is one team that he wont be going to.

Post #: 2237
RE: Other NFL News - 2/3/2022 1:42:00 PM   
marty

What's sorta funny Scott, is I just read an article on O'Connell, and they refer to his time in Washington as with the Commanders, so Captain Kirk was already a Commander, if you want to be politically correct, even though I think it's wrong because they weren't called that at the time.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2238
RE: Other NFL News - 2/4/2022 8:56:21 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

What's sorta funny Scott, is I just read an article on O'Connell, and they refer to his time in Washington as with the Commanders, so Captain Kirk was already a Commander, if you want to be politically correct, even though I think it's wrong because they weren't called that at the time.

I planned on getting a Washington Football Team t-shirt before they switched names - ran out of time I guess
Post #: 2239
RE: Other NFL News - 2/4/2022 10:27:41 AM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

I planned on getting a Washington Football Team t-shirt before they switched names - ran out of time I guess

They're probably on clearance everywhere now.
Post #: 2240
RE: Other NFL News - 2/4/2022 10:38:34 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

I liked Colbert's comment....They found a name more generic than Football Team.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 2241
RE: Other NFL News - 2/4/2022 11:33:14 AM   
Pauldiercks1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I liked Colbert's comment....They found a name more generic than Football Team.

I suppose i'll get used to it but I agree. My first reaction was, that must be the worst possible name they could come up with.

They could have called them the pig muffins or the humping bunnies and I would have thought it was better.
Post #: 2242
RE: Other NFL News - 2/4/2022 1:00:48 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

ha ha

Yeah, I know. But that'd be like buying a Senators t-shirt ...
Post #: 2243
RE: Other NFL News - 2/4/2022 4:04:28 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ha ha

Throwbacks and retro stuff are pretty popular right now...

Post #: 2244
RE: Other NFL News - 2/4/2022 5:40:32 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ha ha

Throwbacks and retro stuff are pretty popular right now...

I know. We have a Senators t-shirt. I just kept thinking while they were the Football Team I'd like a shirt then from that time bc I knew the name wouldn't last.
Post #: 2245
RE: Other NFL News - 2/4/2022 7:10:41 PM   
marty

I wanted to cheer for Cincy in the Super Bowl, still might, but part of me wants O'Connell to do well, or to be in the winning side.... conflicted.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2246
RE: Other NFL News - 2/4/2022 8:40:31 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

I am conflicted as well.. I think Stafford should win a ring after his purgatory in Detroit..and it would probably calm a few naysayers if O’Connell can call a good game under the pressure of the biggest stage..

But other than that FT Rams..

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 2247
RE: Other NFL News - 2/4/2022 10:33:09 PM   
thebigo

quote:

The Washington Spenders. The Washington Mandaters. Billions of more apt descriptors.

I always loved when they renamed the Bullets (I guess speeding bullets were offended). Renamed the Wizards. The first thing I thought of was the KKK. In a municipality where the non-transient population is probably 60% black.

< Message edited by thebigo -- 2/4/2022 10:36:55 PM >
Post #: 2248
RE: Other NFL News - 2/5/2022 6:59:54 AM   
marty

The Washington Insiders
The Washington Rioters
The Washington Insurrectionists
The Washington Lobbyists
The Washington Assassins

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2249
RE: Other NFL News - 2/5/2022 1:44:22 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

I am conflicted as well.. I think Stafford should win a ring after his purgatory in Detroit..and it would probably calm a few naysayers if O’Connell can call a good game under the pressure of the biggest stage..

But other than that FT Rams..

Somebody was saying that O'Connell doesn't call the plays?
Post #: 2250
Page:   <<   < prev  88 89 [90] 91 92   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  88 89 [90] 91 92   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode